• Please log in to reply
1754 replies to this topic

#1 Ryo the Tactician

Ryo the Tactician

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 15 May 2005 - 04:12 PM

Hey All,
I have to say, I thought that the end of Naruto volume 6, when Sakura finally fought, was the most awesome fight in Naruto so far.

I've been waiting for Sakura to fight since the very beginning of the manga, and she hasn't. She said everything I'd been waiting for her to say, "I've always sat on the sidelines, they've always had to protect me," etc. All the staff I was saying outloud while reading the manga and watching her whimper like a coward. When she pulled out those kunai, I mean..wow, I thought it was unbelievably awesome.

I wanted to know what other peoples reaction to her fighting were. Personally, I'm dying to read Naruto volume 7. Post your opinions, I'm looking forward to reading them.

~Ryo the Tactician.

Posted Image

Dreamer + Idealist + Academic + Intellectual + Pacifist + Fighter = Ryo
We are the New Hope Generation, so believe in yourself and change the world.
Please visit -The Sonic World -

#2 Sessshomaru

Sessshomaru

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 11:19 PM

I thought it was awesome! Like you i'd been waiting to see her in action. Like how she mastered her Chakra a lot easier than Naruto or Saske, She has more brains, Saske has the power and Naruto...um...has...a demon sealed inside his gut! :animeswea
Posted Image
(from the True Naruto Style)
Kiba:"The door's locked! kick it in!"
Kotetsu:"Check this Sh*t out M*fo!"
Saske:"Oh no, This door's mine!!"
[Lee blocks their kicks]
Kiba:"Who wants some beef jerky?!"
Lee:this class is the spawn of the devil, no good shall come from it.
Saske:"Dude...Lee..Your not my bro anymore"
Lee: Sex-Free is the way to be! Abstinence is the only true contrasceptive!

#3 Ryo the Tactician

Ryo the Tactician

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 04:03 PM

Yeah.
I just hope this isn't a one time thing. And do you think she can do anything but the most basic technique, the substitution? I'd like to see her pull off some nice moves (though that trap was pretty cool). Now, I just have to wait another four months to see her fight continue.

:animedepr ...

:animecry:

Posted Image

Dreamer + Idealist + Academic + Intellectual + Pacifist + Fighter = Ryo
We are the New Hope Generation, so believe in yourself and change the world.
Please visit -The Sonic World -

#4 J2Assassin

J2Assassin

• New Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 02:47 PM

You really have to respect Sakura for her intelligence. If you remember, she was the first one to complete the tree-climbing test in manga volume 2 or 3, I forget which actual volume. Also thhe fact that she can put up a good fight without having to resort to some kind of ultimate-supreme-uber-ninja technique like Naruto or Sasuke just goes to prove how capable she truly is at being a ninja.
It's not the meek who shall inherit the earth, but the otaku once I rule it.

#5 Sailor Ganymede

Sailor Ganymede

• New Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 05:52 PM

yeah, I'll commend Sakura for that, but one of the best fights is Lee vs Gaara and Neji vs Naruto in the chuunin exams, and Naruto vs Sasuke.
"Why...why do you struggle so much against your destiny?"

"You are within the field of my Hakke"

"You bucolic nonentities think you're all that just because your sonic powers whumped these novices!"

#6 r2vq

r2vq

Senior Otaku

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 12 June 2005 - 01:29 PM

yeah, I'll commend Sakura for that, but one of the best fights is Lee vs Gaara and Neji vs Naruto in the chuunin exams, and Naruto vs Sasuke.

Sailor they haven't gotten there yet.

But yeah, the Sakura fight against the Sound Ninjas was pretty cool. She can be great at making tactics and plans, even if her ninjutsu and taijutsu skills are a bit weaker. I just think the fight was too short though.

And I hate how it ended though. BWAHAHA. I get a look into the future with my scanlations.

Kishimoto-kamisama is very sexist and treats his women with such little respect.

Anyone care to catch me up? ^_^

Welcome Darkartic and Genshiken. I hope you guys will help contribute to the Naruto thread in the future. ^^

As for catching youup... I don't think that's very possible. xD A lot has happenned since then. But I'll give you the highlights. I really think you should just keep reading the manga though.

Spoiler

And that's where we are now. ^^

-Arvi
Last edited by r2vq : Tomorrow at 13:16 FM.

Ninja'd_________OMG HIDDEN TEXT!!!!_______I'll find something to put here.

Posted Image

#7 Gaara kun

Gaara kun

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 12:16 PM

Who's read ch. 290 yet? I have!!!! *raises hand wildly* lol ok so here's the deal.
Spoiler
and yeah it's a cliffhanger and I can't wait for the next chapter. Also Orochimaru says something interesting..
Spoiler

Spoiler

Yeah sorry it's so long of a post but I felt compelled to post it up here.. what are all of your thoughts?

Posted Image

See into the darkness of the soul.

Doctor, she has a case of obsession!
OoOo beware the deadly obsession!

#8 r2vq

r2vq

Senior Otaku

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 01:06 PM

That's nice thinking xD.

I automatically assumed he was talking about Sakura.
But if he was talking about Sai...
And what if Naruto really was a
Spoiler
. Think of the irony that happens every time he uses
Spoiler
. Though it would explain his natural proficiency, wouldn't it. xD

That would be such a great plot twist.
Though it's slightly amusing how you found yourself at "
Spoiler
" after Orochimaru only said "
Spoiler
"

-Arvi

Posted Image

#9 Ikillion

Ikillion

Senior Otaku

• Members
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 01:58 AM

AND THEN *gasps for air* Orochimaru says "I'll decide who has gotten stronger, you or Sasuke..." :animesigh [/spoiler']

Yeah I though that he was going to come out after I read that and I was the same..but mostly thinking ZOMFGLOLBBQEXPLOSION! Is he with them?! However what is probaly going to happen is that Orochi is just going to say something like. " Is that the best you can do? Saskue was able to penetrate the skin atleast." Then I will be sad and probaly go on and cry in my corner..

Posted Image

Revelation Fan <3

#10 r2vq

r2vq

Senior Otaku

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 03:49 PM

Hey animefire13, welcome to Otakuboards!

Just so you know, this isn't that kind of forum. Since this is the Naruto thread, we pretty much talk about Naruto!
Also, since your post is so short, the moderators might consider it spam. So just try to join in the conversation. xP

As for Sasuke, Gai, and Lee's clothing? I always assumed that they had some zipper in the back. xP Of course, it's possible they use some sort of... clothes fitting jutsu... o.O

So is anyone feeling Naruto-manga withdrawl this week? I feel like I should be looking at the RAWs right now, but I'm happy because a friend of mine just got back from Japan and handed me the two most recent volumes for Christmas. =D (That and a VJump full of Narultimate Hero 3 goodness) *drools over game*

-Arvi

Posted Image

#11 Tatsubei Yagyu

Tatsubei Yagyu

Otaku

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 12:59 AM

So is anyone feeling Naruto-manga withdrawl this week? I feel like I should be looking at the RAWs right now, but I'm happy because a friend of mine just got back from Japan and handed me the two most recent volumes for Christmas. =D (That and a VJump full of Narultimate Hero 3 goodness) *drools over game*

Roar, I want to play that game... And there wasn't any manga this week... :animesigh

Anyway, it's my birthday today!!! January 7!!!

WooT!

I'll be there

Some way

Some how

Posted Image

That's what being friends is about

#12 Ikillion

Ikillion

Senior Otaku

• Members
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 07 January 2006 - 02:47 AM

Roar, I want to play that game... And there wasn't any manga this week... :animesigh

Anyway, it's my birthday today!!! January 7!!!

Meh..We should just go over to your house so we all can be able to play it.. I wonder, although I havent checked if the anime store down the street.

Happy birthday Tatsubei! -hands some kind of very realistic looking Sharingan contacts- Its funny though, If you were to take a picture and then when people look at it they can be all...WTF??! Thats somethning that I would love to do...Why does everyone have a birthday that is over mine though! My birthday isnt for another 15 days but..yeah.

Well r2vq... Your not the only one who is feeling just an absolute and complete withdrawl from manga, I am as wel. Almost all the scanlations that I read are all just on a break... I feel like I want to just rip out my insides from that though. Its like a part of me has been ripped out... Its just that I HAVE to see the next manga because I have a feeling that
Spoiler
Although I dont know for sure.. I just want to be sure!l

Posted Image

Revelation Fan <3

#13 Gaara kun

Gaara kun

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 11:52 PM

Aww it's sad nobody talks about Naruto anymore T_T well I'm here to save it!!

Update on anime (subbed) THE FILLERS WILL FINALLY END!!
*dances for joy*
In 12 weeks fillers will be no more and the Naruto story will continue like it should. I really hope Naruto sounds a bit more mature and stops squinting at everything.

As for the manga....ZOMG!!! 291 is an amazing chapter!
So here's the deal:
Spoiler

That my friends, is the million dollar question at the moment.

Posted Image

#14 r2vq

r2vq

Senior Otaku

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 12:44 AM

Aww it's sad nobody talks about Naruto anymore T_T well I'm here to save it!!

Hey, it's not our fault there was no Naruto for weeks! :P

First off, a very belated birthday to Tatsubei Yagyu.

Secondly, about Chapter 291. I have to agree with Gaara kun. Though it had a lot of talking, soooo much was revealed in this chapter that it makes me drool with anticipation for the next.
Yamato
Spoiler

Naruto
Spoiler

That reminds me. I noticed that Kishimoto seems to have reverted to that annoying pattern of story telling where he hypes up a specific character by having other characters talk about how strong he is (in this case
Spoiler
was oh so conveniently talking about
Spoiler
) and then continuing the fight.
When Sasori was about to reveal his
Spoiler
Kishimoto ruined the surprise by having the Sand Council oh so conveniently talking about how strong he was in life.
He also did this during the Sasuke-chase-arc. Whenever one of the Genin was about to fight a Sound-nin, Orochimaru and Kabuto were oh so conveniently talking about that specific Sound-nin and how horrifying they were.

My friends and I all thought this was pretty poor story telling technique that slowed down the pacing of the entire arc... Did anybody else notice this? ^^

Finally, everybody's been saying "Sasuke will come in the next chapter! I can feel it!" or something along those lines. xD Is it just me, or is Kishimoto-sensei doing a great job at dragging everybody along. I think it's very possible that he will show up soon, but it doesn't seem like he'll be
Spoiler
again very soon.

Random Naruto Fact of the Day: 8) three of the five hokages are blood related.

-Arvi

Posted Image

#15 Ikillion

Ikillion

Senior Otaku

• Members
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 01:01 AM

o.o My my r2vq, Impressive job on becoming a mod! -claps and such- since I am also stating random facts about such, I want to wish a happy birthday to me as well ^_^

After just reading the chapter though there is one thing that slightly worries me.
Spoiler

Don't fret now, just one last paragraph!

Spoiler

So in the end I find myself at the brink of ripping my eyeballs out of my head at the state of what this chapter leaves me on. One thing to look foward to is only 12 more weeks of fillers.. then we are free...

EDIT: Er...just missed it, My birthday was actually on the 22..not the 23

Posted Image

Revelation Fan <3

#16 Gaara kun

Gaara kun

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 09:39 AM

Sadly r2vq you're right,

Spoiler

sorry it's so long, just a bit more theories!!*girl scouts honor* lol

Spoiler

Any thoughts?

Posted Image

#17 r2vq

r2vq

Senior Otaku

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 01:04 AM

Hey,
I reread Chapter 291 (from a higher quality scanlator) and I'm wondering what you guys meant when you said that at the end Naruto was developing the
Spoiler
I can see the first three... with the second and third being still incomplete, in their bubbly disgusting-ness. But I can't see any trace of a
Spoiler

As for Shodai, I'd have to agree with Gaara kun. As Orochimaru said,
Spoiler
If it were just a scroll or a jutsu, the team captain wouldn't be the only one who could do it. It has to have something to do with his genetics... Kekkei Genkai? Nah. xD

-Arvi

Posted Image

#18 Gaara kun

Gaara kun

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 09:22 AM

Well that's sort of not true.

Spoiler

Posted Image

#19 r2vq

r2vq

Senior Otaku

• Members
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 11:34 AM

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/3355/151zc.jpg[/url]

Um... dude... isn't that his ear? o.O
There's one on the other side too.

-Arvi

Posted Image

#20 Gaara kun

Gaara kun

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 01:08 PM

Wow I fail at life... :animecry: lol so it IS his ear...aww it would've be much more interesting if the 4th tail was coming up.

Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Manga

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users