OtakuBoards

The Padded Room Party: Random Thoughts

Shy

I was just looking for Mega Man sprites and Google handed me a Hosted by Tripod image. 

Nostalgia.

I'm surprised Tripod is still a thing. :/

A pity Geocities is taking a long dirt nap, there were a lot of really corny and cheesy websites out there, with equally corny and cheesy MIDI background music! Oh the memories! :D

Did I just post in the PRP? I think Hell must be a pretty cold place right now, I've given in to the madness.

I'm moving back to El Paso at the end of the month so I'm packing all my stuff, but this is much more difficult than I had anticipated.

Like why do I own 3/4 of the crap I own???

I thought all my stuff could fit in like 4 boxes. Nope.

I STILL DON'T KNOW HOW TO COOK

Incredibly nervous about living on my own.

SERIOUSLY GET A CROCK POT. SLOW COOKED MEALS BE FREAKIN' DELICIOUS AND REQUIRE NEXT TO NO ABILITY WITH A GOOD RECIPE.

/cough

I mean, we did a slow cooked corned beef roast during the day, had a fantastic dinner and used the left over beef to make even better home-made Reuben sandwiches :D 

My parents gave me a crock pot yesterday and they tried to explain it to me, but all I got out of the discussion was that a crock pot is a magic food portal that cooks things so slowly that by the time you get back from school/work/etc. 5 hours later you have an effortless wizard meal. Also add some water???

I am excited to use this thing.

Oh! I used a cast iron mold to make cornbread fish the other day!

fishbread_zps3c72d14d.jpg

• 1 month later...
A: "So, you're on first?"
J: "...no, actually Who's on first, I'm on watch first."
A: "Ah, and then What's on second?"
H: "Who's on first? Who's on third?"
Me: "I Don't Know."
A: "You don't? You sure? It's an old comedy sketch."
Me: *stares*
A: "Black and white? Radio broadcast, too, but you're probably too young to know that...."
Me: *stares*
A: "Nothing?"
Me: *stares harder*

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Petie, Des, I formally request that The Padded Room Party be closed.  It was fun when it was first started, but many tasty things spoil, and that thread is far past its expiration date.  The community at large believes it to detract from the boards overall.  I see no reason to leave it accessible if no one is around to stand up for it.

Works for me.

If someone has some more fitting words to end a thread of this magnitude, let me know and I'll throw them in.