OtakuBoards

OB Transition and Data Loss

Petie

[color=#0000ff]Yeah, I saw that as well. Not sure why Their own upgrade script would miss data like that but unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way to fix it outside of resetting all display names to the original login names and having everyone change back after that. Do you think that's worth it?[/color]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=3][color=#4b0082]Not sure it's worth the hassle. Doesn't really matter if you can't see someone's past display history. It's just something I noticed is all. I assume it will show any made from now on so that should be more than enough.[/color][/size][/font]

[color=#0000ff]It would actually be pretty simple. And yes, it would show any new history but at least everyone would have a starting point of their original username in their current history if we went ahead with that plan. I'm just concerned it would confuse/annoy people.[/color]

So, in trying to reply to a message, I added a few 'Enter's to try and make a decent unformatted list of stuff. Problem is, when I send the message, all those extra lines just vanish into nowhere, leaving my list looking something like this.

Item A which is cool.Item B which is sorta neat.Item C which is mostly silly.Item D which I am just including for space now.

Edited by Allamorph

I've toggled my editing mode so I have to manually input all of my code for formatting. Easier to see where something is doing weird code-y things so I can fix it.

But I also tried a formatted list, and when I had everything set up as bullets and sent, the resulting message had no bullets and looked exactly like I had wanted it to look in the unformatted list, except without the space between the initial line and the start of the list.

And I don't seem to be having any issues in regular forum posts. So that's odd.

Edited by Allamorph

[color=#0000ff]Interesting... So it seems that bullets simply don't work. Let's see how lists function in normal posts:

No Formatting:
Item 1
Item 2
Item 3

Bullets:[/color][list]
[*][color=#0000ff]Item 1[/color]
[*][color=#0000ff]Item 2[/color]
[*][color=#0000ff]Item 3[/color]
[/list]
[color=#0000ff]Numbers:[/color][list=1]
[/list]
[color=#0000ff]Letters:[/color][list=A]
[/list]

[color=#0000ff]So, it seems this problem may be limited to PMs. Also, lettered lists can only be entered in manual mode.[/color]

[color=#0000ff]Right. But if you enter the list in the full editor, switch to manual, change it to A, and switch back, it reverts back to numbered. It seems the full editor doesn't understand anything but bullets and numbers.[/color]

[color=#0000ff][b]Edit:[/b][/color]
[color=#0000FF]So, after some more testing, it seems that the manual editor does not get along well with PMs.

Line breaks seem to work while posting in normal threads though, even in manual mode.[/color]

• 11 months later...

At present, browsing by category is a somewhat tedious process.  The boards currently appear to interpret the filter as a search function, and so if you're looking for particular threads or thread types and moving on to the next page of threads, it considers you to be "searching" too quickly and enables Flood Control on your browsing.

Edited by Allamorph

• 7 months later...