90 replies to this topic

#61 Boo

Boo

OB Superstar

• Members
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 12:14 PM

I like how these BB rules think of hierarchy. IALTBC

Edited by Boo, 25 March 2012 - 12:21 PM.

Posted Image

#62 Allamorph

Allamorph

OB Superstar

• Members
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 02:40 PM

I like how these BB rules think of hierarchy. IALTBC

In Allamorph's leave, the Boards continue.

Seriously. It's in the Code examples.

Edited by Allamorph, 25 March 2012 - 02:43 PM.

Milady jigglyness. / Ezekiel is gorgeous.
Gerry / Indi – Partner in Crime

Winds of the Future ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ ☼ Ghosts of the Past
Posted Image
Gemini of War

adamgha: FML

adamgha: my roommate is having loud sex with some ho he brought in

#63 Petie

Petie

Site Manager

• Administrators
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 07:24 AM

So, our original two skins are back and selectable (from the "Change Theme" link on the bottom left)! I'm going to leave the default theme available as well because I like it. And eventually, I'll try some color changes and see if I can get a few more options up.

#64 ExcelExcel

ExcelExcel

Otaku

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:01 PM

How I missed my OB. Thanks petie ^^ Id give you a lapdance as compensation for a job well done, but I can't seem to fit myself through the phone lines.
Posted Image

#65 Petie

Petie

Site Manager

• Administrators
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 12:18 PM

Curse the limitations of technology... Whoever thought it would be a good idea to invent a phone that can't fit a person through it really wasn't thinking.

#66 James

James

OB Royalty

• Members
  • 9,888 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 02:22 AM

Well done, Petie. This new software looks great. And thankfully Adam and co. were prepared in so far as back-ups go; it's a relief to know that we only lost a couple of months' data, rather than years and years of data.

So I think it's going to be time soon to start a new RPG! ;P

Posted Image

#67 Petie

Petie

Site Manager

• Administrators
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:03 AM

Thanks, James. The loss is still disappointing but definitely not as bad as as losing everything for sure!

Also, I just realized I never changed our spoiler tag back when I was going to so I just took care of it. The default spoiler tag will once again black out text while the spoilerblock tag can be used for the collapsible box you were seeing before. Was there anything else I said I would do and then totally forgot about?

#68 Boo

Boo

OB Superstar

• Members
  • 3,416 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 08:14 AM

So I think it's going to be time soon to start a new RPG! ;P

Chop, chop.

Posted Image

#69 Desbreko

Desbreko

Site Administrator

• Administrators
  • 6,748 posts

Posted 27 March 2012 - 06:40 PM

I'm guessing that all of our customizations to IPB's default bbcodes got overwritten (didn't this happen once before when upgrading?), so there might be a few more tags that need tweaking. I'll try to get around to checking them all soon, but if anyone notices other tags not working as expected, post a heads up and I'll fix it as soon as I can.

"Des is a magical fountain of wonder" ~Dagger
Posted Image

[ MYANIMELIST | YOUTUBE | TWITCH TV | IMGUR | TWITTER | LAST.FM ]

#70 Japan

Japan

Senior Otaku

• Members
  • 1,596 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 03:30 PM

I remember that when one upgrade happened, people had to create their accounts over again. So no worries, Petie!

This spot is forever devoted to Charles

Posted Image

#71 Sangome

Sangome

Senior Otaku

• Members
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:22 PM

Uhhh, I don't know what happened, but my avatar seems to have reverted back to my old one. I had a bigger one, and it looks to me like those who had bigger ones suddenly got reverted back? Did the size allowance get changed again, or did something hiccup?

xbskw.png

#72 Petie

Petie

Site Manager

• Administrators
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 29 March 2012 - 01:41 PM

That's my fault. Since the sizes changed, I re-ran the cleanup script last night to try to sort out some missing images, which it didn't do because it seems those members somehow had their avatars stored in a different place. What it did do was reset it to whatever you had in the previous version. Sorry for the mix-up but you can certainly still use the bigger one if you'd like.

#73 Petie

Petie

Site Manager

• Administrators
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:05 AM

We're now upgraded to IPB 3.3.1! With this update, the upcoming calendar events and birthdays re-appears on the home page! As usual, let me know if you notice anything broken.

Also, yay for double posts :P

#74 Allamorph

Allamorph

OB Superstar

• Members
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 08:35 PM

So I noticed that if you reply to someone's status, dislike the comment and delete it, and then reply to the status again, the board system reads both of those replies as notification items.

Translation: I just got six notifications from Sazabi making one reply to Asrai's status. Kinda weird.

Posted Image
Gemini of War

#75 Horendithas

Horendithas

Senior Moderator

• Senior Moderators
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 03:11 PM

I just noticed that the change resulted in your display name history being gone.
Indi: I want to say stappit, but the sadistic side of me says: Tell me more.
Kei: XD

Posted Image

#76 Petie

Petie

Site Manager

• Administrators
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 04:29 PM

Yeah, I saw that as well. Not sure why Their own upgrade script would miss data like that but unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way to fix it outside of resetting all display names to the original login names and having everyone change back after that. Do you think that's worth it?

#77 Horendithas

Horendithas

Senior Moderator

• Senior Moderators
  • 2,512 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 04:42 PM

Not sure it's worth the hassle. Doesn't really matter if you can't see someone's past display history. It's just something I noticed is all. I assume it will show any made from now on so that should be more than enough.
Indi: I want to say stappit, but the sadistic side of me says: Tell me more.
Kei: XD

Posted Image

#78 Petie

Petie

Site Manager

• Administrators
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 06:31 PM

It would actually be pretty simple. And yes, it would show any new history but at least everyone would have a starting point of their original username in their current history if we went ahead with that plan. I'm just concerned it would confuse/annoy people.

#79 Allamorph

Allamorph

OB Superstar

• Members
  • 3,247 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:01 PM

So, in trying to reply to a message, I added a few 'Enter's to try and make a decent unformatted list of stuff. Problem is, when I send the message, all those extra lines just vanish into nowhere, leaving my list looking something like this.

Item A which is cool.Item B which is sorta neat.Item C which is mostly silly.Item D which I am just including for space now.

Posted Image
Gemini of War

#80 Petie

Petie

Site Manager

• Administrators
  • 1,073 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 12:03 PM

Hmm... well that would explain why your message disappeared :P Are you in WYSIWYG mode or the raw editor? Regardless, it's strange since you can clearly create paragraphs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users