OtakuBoards

The Walking Dead

Katie!

[center][img]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e6/The_Walking_Dead_2010_Intertitle.png[/img][/center]

[color=#000000][font=sans-serif][size=3]Based on the comic book series of the same name, [i]The Walking Dead[/i] tells the story of a small group of survivors living in the aftermath of a zombie apocalypse. Most of the story takes place in the Atlanta metropolitan area, as the survivors search for a safe haven away from the shuffling hordes of predatory zombies (or "walkers," as they are referred to in show) who devour and infect any living thing they catch. The plot is focused primarily on the dilemmas the group face as they struggle to balance their humanity with their survival.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=sans-serif][size=3]The group is led by Rick Grimes, who was a sheriff's deputy before the zombie outbreak. At every turn they are faced with the horror of the dead walking again, the changing dynamic of their group, and hostility from the scattered remains of a struggling human populace who are focused on their own survival now that the structures of society have collapsed.[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=sans-serif][size=3]----------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/size][/font][/color]

[left][color=#000000][font=sans-serif][size=3]If you don't watch this, you should. I am so pleased with the way season 2 ended, with a lot of action and some bad ass moments ("this is NOT a democracy!"). I am excite for season 3.[/size][/font][/color][/left] Edited by Katie!

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have become addicted to this show.  I just finished Season 2, and Season 3 is airing here now... but I want to wait until I can watch the whole thing.  By the way, what's with the whole "mid season finale" stuff?  I would like to just get a straightforward season, honestly...

Anyway, now that we are a couple of seasons in, does anybody have a favourite or least favourite character?

My least favourite character is definitely Shane, and I guess the reasons for that are pretty obvious.  At times Rick can bother me, but then again, I guess that anyone with that level of responsibility in such a crisis is never going to be perfect.

I was pleasantly surprised by how much Daryl improved from Season 1, as well.  I think he's one of my favourites.

And then there's Dale, who is apparently quite unpopular...but I really like him.  He's often a breath of fresh air when things go bad (which is frequently) and he has a way of cutting through the crap and being clear about things.  [spoiler]I was very sad when he died though, it just felt cheap...and he's a character I will genuinely miss.[/spoiler]