OtakuBoards

Guild Wars 2

Boo

[center][img]http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/1/14178/1112079-guild_wars_2_logo_new_super.png[/img][/center]

So I just got an email telling me to pre-order Guild Wars 2 to get beta access and early access to the actual game. Who is doing this? I would have done this immediately two years ago, but lately I haven't been thinking about GW2 at all anymore, let alone the original game. I just happened to have started the game by accident today and I took the opportunity to see what annual presents I got this year. They don't give boxes anymore. :(

But who's excited?!

I am do excited for this game, after kind of letting it fall to the way side and then watching all the videos and seeing how they revamped all the classes I just can't wait to play this game. I'm gonna head to GameStop later today and preorder it, I got that very same email today so I'm all jittery for it now.

[color=#0000ff]I haven't regularly played Guild Wars in years but I knew I'd get Guild Wars 2 regardless so I went ahead and pre-ordered it from the email. I have a ton of space on my computer so what's another MMO? ;)[/color]

[color=#0000ff]In all seriousness though, it will be nice to see what they can do with this. I loved GW way back when but I pretty much never touched it after I started WoW. The group I played WoW with regularly has been on a kind of extended hiatus from it (myself included) though so this will wind up being a welcome change.[/color]

[color=#4B0082]I prepurchased earlier today and am super excited for the first beta weekend, which will apparently be some time late this month. The combat and dynamic event systems look amazingly fun, and it sounds like I might even enjoy World vs World PvP.

My only reservation is that I'm still a bit concerned the preset weapon skills and the much more limited selection of slot skills I've seen in videos will get stale after playing the game for a long time. A big part of what's kept me playing the original GW for so long is the huge variety of skills and the ability to create tons of different builds to keep the gameplay interesting. Hopefully, what we've seen in the videos isn't the entire selection of skills that will be available at the end game, and the trait system will also add a lot of variety beyond skill selection.[/color]

[font=palatino linotype]It would be great to get another OB guild going!

I've been playing GW a little bit again recently, because I still have a ton of outstanding stuff to do! But I definitely don't play it as much as I used to. It's still such a great (and pretty active) game, though.

Not sure how well GW2 will run on my system, but we'll see. I think I'll still pick it up anyway. It looks great, and I've deliberately avoided too many spoilers so that it's very fresh for me when I first play.[/font]

[color=#4B0082]So, what profession/race/gender combinations do people plan on playing, then? I've been having a hard time deciding for some professions, but this is what I'm currently thinking:

Elementalist - Human or Sylvari female (need to see the Sylvari in game before I can decide)
Thief - Asura male
Guardian - Human male
Necromancer - Charr female
Ranger - Norn female[/color]

[FONT=Calibri]I've definitely already got a few set down. I like your list format, too, so I'll stick with it.

Ranger â?? Charr male
Necromancer â?? Norn female
Guardian â?? probably Charr female, maybe Norn male
Elementalist â?? Human male; or maybe Sylvari something.

If I play any of the others way on down the road, this might be how I slot them.

Engineer â?? Asuran (probably), gender undecided
Mesmer â?? Sylvari female
Thief â?? ...actually, I'm not even sure I want to play a Thief. We'll see. Maybe a Sylvari also.[/FONT]

[quote name='James' timestamp='1334132416' post='711421']
[font=palatino linotype]It would be great to get another OB guild going![/font][/quote]

[size=2]Kabouki Troupe lives on! YAY![/size]

[size=2]I remember the old GW OB guild days it was awesome. I'm definately going to be IN GAME, you know me I'm always down for mmo's/mmorpgs. I will probably be a female Sylvari elementalist or necromancer if possible. I love the idea of new races and classes they look completely different & amazing. I'm super stoked also to see so many OB members taking an interest as well, we will definately all have to meet up when it releases. Anyone playing any other online game at the moment btw?[/size]

[quote name='Pumpkin' timestamp='1334918016' post='711514']
[size=2]Kabouki Troupe lives on! YAY![/size]

[size=2]I remember the old GW OB guild days it was awesome. I'm definately going to be IN GAME, you know me I'm always down for mmo's/mmorpgs. I will probably be a female Sylvari elementalist or necromancer if possible. I love the idea of new races and classes they look completely different & amazing. I'm super stoked also to see so many OB members taking an interest as well, we will definately all have to meet up when it releases. Anyone playing any other online game at the moment btw?[/size]
[/quote]

[color=#0000ff]We'll definitely arrange a meeting and maybe even bring back the old guild! :) I have no idea what race/profession I'll be yet though. I really should get to looking into that...[/color]

[color=#0000ff]As for other online games, I'm still in World of Warcraft though that's about it on my end.[/color]

[quote name='Pumpkin'][size=2]I will probably be a female Sylvari elementalist or necromancer if possible. I love the idea of new races and classes they look completely different & amazing. I'm super stoked also to see so many OB members taking an interest as well, we will definately all have to meet up when it releases. [/size][/quote]

[FONT=Calibri]I may make a Sylvari just for this.[/FONT]

[quote name='Pumpkin'][size=2]Anyone playing any other online game at the moment btw?[/size][/quote]

[FONT=Calibri]Still working on uncompleted stuff in Guild Wars, and since I noticed a load of NCSoft games have recently gone F2P, I'm also tooling around in Aion, too. Definitely did a halo drop soon as I had my wings. It's pretty nuts.[/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph' timestamp='1334959378' post='711517']
[font=Calibri]Still working on uncompleted stuff in Guild Wars, and since I noticed a load of NCSoft games have recently gone F2P, I'm also tooling around in Aion, too. Definitely did a halo drop soon as I had my wings. It's pretty nuts.[/font]
[/quote]

[color=#0000ff]I had no idea they did this! I had wanted to try out Aion but I didn't want to pay for another subscription based game. I just created my account and I'm installing it now![/color]

[quote name='Allamorph' timestamp='1334959378' post='711517'][FONT=Calibri]Still working on uncompleted stuff in Guild Wars[/FONT][/quote]

[color=#4B0082]Same here. I've been playing a lot more lately since I discovered that hard mode is actually possible to do by myself on my monk now that I can bring a party of seven heroes. Back when I had to use henchies, it was mostly an excercise in frustration because the four henchies in the party would always have crappy damage output, so I couldn't kill anything fast enough, and low survivability, so I couldn't keep them alive, either. Some of the other professions could cover for the henchies' weaknesses pretty well, but monk was one of the most difficult to play with h/h in HM.

Also, [b]the first GW2 beta weekend event is April 27-29[/b], for anyone who hasn't heard. It starts at noon PDT Friday and runs through all of Sunday. Everyone who's prepurchased the game automatically gets in.

I'm going to be playing pretty much all weekend except when I have work. I'll post my character name and home server when it starts.[/color]

[quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]Same here. I've been playing a lot more lately since I discovered that hard mode is actually possible to do by myself on my monk now that I can bring a party of seven heroes. Back when I had to use henchies, it was mostly an excercise in frustration because the four henchies in the party would always have crappy damage output, so I couldn't kill anything fast enough, and low survivability, so I couldn't keep them alive, either. Some of the other professions could cover for the henchies' weaknesses pretty well, but monk was one of the most difficult to play with h/h in HM.[/color][/quote]

[FONT=Calibri]Mostly the only things I'm working on presently are mapping, elites, and vanquishes. That and a few others should get me pretty close to GWAMM, I think. I've already got all the reward items for GW2, so this is mostly just for me.

Also have that PreSearing warrior working on Legendary Defender of Ascalon, and then Survivor after I get her out. 18/20 right now, so only a few more Vanguard quests to do, and then a bunch of regular quest turn-ins for the final push, there. And I still need to do War in Kryta and Winds of Change.

Which makes me wonder if there'll be any Elonian [I]Beyond[/I] content.[/FONT]

[quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]Also, [b]the first GW2 beta weekend event is April 27-29[/b], for anyone who hasn't heard. It starts at noon PDT Friday and runs through all of Sunday. Everyone who's prepurchased the game automatically gets in.

I'm going to be playing pretty much all weekend except when I have work. I'll post my character name and home server when it starts.[/color][/quote]

[FONT=Calibri]I'll probably be doing a lot of the same, depending on what watches I'm slated to stand and how my quals are coming.[/FONT]

[quote name='Petie'][color=#0000ff]I had no idea they did this! I had wanted to try out Aion but I didn't want to pay for another subscription based game. I just created my account and I'm installing it now![/color][/quote]

[FONT=Calibri]Soon as I get back to base I'll swap character names, although depending on which side and server you chose, I may already know it. If you want to pal around as Asmodians then I suggest the Kahrun server. I'm already over there.[/FONT]

[color=#4B0082]Some info about worlds (aka servers) and world transfers went up on the [url=http://www.arena.net/blog/choosing-and-transferring-worlds-in-guild-wars-2]GW2 blog[/url]. Visiting other worlds won't be available during the beta, so if we want to play together, it looks like we'll need to pick the same world.

I'll be on the Sorrow's Furnace world.[/color]

[FONT=Calibri]They're basically servers. =P

[COLOR=DarkRed]Des[/COLOR], Savio nominated SF as well, so I think most of [Rare] will be showing up on that world. Any other OBers who want to hang out during the beta, that's where Beth and I will probably be.

Two days. Client already installed, and updates will be checked for nightly.[/FONT]

[FONT=Calibri]Fifteen Over Fifty [Rare] is the guild [COLOR=DarkRed]Des[/COLOR] pulled me into when I first started playing the game. No idea how I found this page, but [url='http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Guild:Fifteen_Over_Fifty']here[/url] is pretty much the ancient history of the place.

Most of what I know about the game came from either stoically playing solo by myself or paying quiet attention to Carinae and Orual Fox in Guild/Alliance chat as they bounced builds around. Car doesn't get on too much anymore, but Savio and Fungus Amongus recently showed back up and have been plugging through stuff. Fox just got his computer fixed (learned this last night) and is probably [I]still[/I] downloading the client and unable to log into the forums (bahaha), so he'll be back in it, too. So, with myself, Beth (Sunfall Ennien), and [COLOR=DarkRed]Des[/COLOR], that makes six people already probably on the same world.

Technically [COLOR=DarkRed]Kei[/COLOR] and [COLOR=DarkRed]Lyndy[/COLOR], and I think a couple of people who spend more time on TheO, are also guild members, but I don't know if they've prepurchased, or even plan on getting it.[/FONT] Edited by Allamorph

[color=#0000ff]Was the original founder of the guild a member here or someone random who you guys ran into? And sure, that would be good, especially since I think you're the only one from OB I have on my friend's list for some reason. Can I get a list (either via PM or in this thread) OB characters?[/color]

[FONT=Calibri][COLOR=DarkRed]Des[/COLOR] would know more about Savio than I do currently. He only just recently became active again, so we're only sort of getting to know each other.

I was just going to post the list here, but I'm not sure if a few people would mind having names out in the open.[/FONT] Edited by Allamorph