OtakuBoards

The Latest Episode of Yu-Gi-Oh

DeathBug

Yes, I just realized that this forum doesn't have a thread for discussing whatever the latest episode of Yu-Gi-Oh is, and I thought I'd start one. By the nature of the beast, this thread *will* contain spoilers, so read at your own risk.

So, Joey vs. Esper? Seems like an okay duel, and I liked that Yugi decided not to give Joey advice, and let him work it on his own. I also liked Mokuba tracking down Esper's brothers; I like Mokuba, but he usually does nothing but get in trouble. Today, he actually did something! Yeah! I liked the scenes with Tristen and Serenity as well; the boy's got it bad. On the other hand, for once I'd like to see a good duel be shown in just one episode. That's just me...

This episode further proves my point on how Rex Raptor never catches a break. I felt really bad when Rex asked Esper to take care of his Serpent Night Dragon, and Esper said it would make a good drink coaster. I hope Mokuba makes Esper give the card back after the duel. Rex even tried to help Joey out, showing that he doesn't hold grudges like *some* duelists. (Cough *Kaiba* Cough!)

That's what I thought of the episode. What did you guys think?

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup.
Rex seemed different today that his last appearance.
In a good way. I think.

Oooooooh! I loved that seen where Mokuba slid under the wall thing to grap the Espa (The Japanese name is Esper) Brothers.
I want piccies o' that.

I liked it. It was very good.Heh heh heh... *remembers the seen HyperShadow brought up* Heh heh heh... they begged for mercy...

And on Rex's behalf, I think he should get his Serpent Night Dragon back. It was very mean, what Espa said.

And last but not least, the duelist of the episode is Joey Wheeler. He figured out Espa's cheating ways and [spoiler] is gonna beat Espa and get his Jinzo in the next episode. The stars have told me.... okay it was Lelola.net, but who cares? [/spoiler]

Yes, I like this episode muchly, and Rex seems to have shaped up quite a bit. Though, I can see how he lost, relying on a gimpy monster like Serpent Night Dragon...

Mokuba doing more than clinging to his brother's leg is cool. But the best line has to be Serenity's...

"We can watch your brother duel!"

"... I can't, Tristan."

"... oh."

hehehehe

Well, today, Joey outsmarted Espa, and everything had a happy ending, except for one thing.....

REX DIDN'T GET HIS SERPENT KNIGHT DRAGON BACK!!!

Sure, that was my only beef with the episode, but come on! Esper was revealed as a chaet in front of the whole crowd! I thought for sure Rex would get his card back. (Actually, I thought Joey would let Esper keep Jinzo if he gave Rex's dragon back, but, whatever.) Maybe he got it back off-camera...

I still liked the secenes with Tristen and Serinity. Also, seeing all the Ropa brothers together was a little bit creepy (Why does their hair look like cotten candy?). Did anyone else think Espa talked *way* too much, even more than other duelists? Even Bandit Keith did'nt talk that much!

Oh, and the ring tone for Tea's cell phone was "Shuffle".

[SIZE=1][COLOR=teal]
Ya, the latest episode was actually surprising. I actually thought Espa would when, but then again, I'm EVIL! AHAHAHAHAHA! Anyways, the next part master of magiciens, I bet Yu Gi will get the [spoiler] Dark Magicien girl[/spoiler] for him :p.

[/color][/size]

Let's see...[spoiler] DD finishes, 1 ep. Bandit Kieth returns, so that's three eps. Kaiba meets Ishizu, four eps. Yami & Tea, six eps, Joey looses his REBD, seven eps, Yugi vs. Rare Hunter, nine eps, Joey vs. Espa, eleven eps. [/spoiler]

We're eleven episodes ahead of you. Sorry.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Solo Tremaine [/i]
[B]Whoa, Seph. We're up to Joey vs Espa part 1 here. The Battle City arc's on Sky One every weekend. So the US is only one episode ahead, by my counting. Cartoon Network UK hasn't shown anything past Dungeon Dice Monsters Pt 3 yet. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, both Sky One and Nickelodeon ended on dungeon dice monsters part 3 as well :(

Looks like a long wait until the series is continued, ah well

Heh :bluesweat no, I'm in the UK too- they're showing the Battle City arc now. It won't take too long for the weekday episodes to get round to that, though. They're on the Yugi vs Panik episodes at the moment. With any luck, they'll be repeated in about three weeks.

I meant Nickelodeon. Sorry ^_^;

Did anyone see the Arkana eppies?

Over the duel seemed okay to me. I was dissapointed by the mind blades. But seeing as if legs could have been cut off, I'm sure parents would get picky.
And another edit - When Yugi's DM is chained to the rock. It was originally suposed to be a cross, but I'm guessing a few lawsuites would pop up if things remianed the same. You can actually see the cross for a short moment when Arkana originally played the card.

I liked how the DM's were looking at Yugi and Arkana. When he went about trash talking them, I just loved the way his DM looked at him. Really shows how monster feel about the owners.

I also enjoyed Rishid's first semi-unannounced appearance.
I like his voice. Seems to suit hi better than Marik's. >.<
Although I didn't catch his English name. [strike]Orion[/strike] [strike]Ordivon [/strike][strike]Orivon[/strike] etc.
Bagh.

[color=royalblue]I saw those three eps this morning. I do believe Marik called him Odion, but I may be mistaken. It's 2:20 now and I have the world's worst short-term memory...

The duel wasn't all that. There were some lagging points, but I liked it when[/color] [spoiler]Yami brought out the Dark Magician Girl.[/spoiler] [color=royalblue]The look in Arkana's eyes was trippy. But to be truthfully honest, I much prefered the dialouge between Marik and Yugi afterward. They finally got it out in the open that Ishizu and Marik are siblings and such. Also, you really got to see Marik's face in this ep, which was pretty good. I'm just wondering who the heck this "Quiet One" is...[/color]

Guest visser 3
He's right it was funney to see the way he looked at him.It was kind of sad to see the way the Dark Magician looked at him when he used the ectoplasm thing.His name is Strings I think.I've seen him in EDS.Hope its not aspoiler and Im sorry if it is.

[color=royalblue]I do believe he was trying to be very kind and answer my question about who the "Quiet One" is that Marik is about to send out on Yami.

I knew that was Arkana's real name, as I've got DDS for the GBA. It has some people from Battle City on it, like the Rare Hunter, who they named Seeker, and Arkana, who kept his Japanese name.

Edit: Thanks for your help. I'll be looking forward to this duel now, given the name.[/color]

So, now we know what happened to Pegasus: he joined the circus and found a new girlfriend! J/K. (But seriously, there were a few similarities between my main man Pegasus and Arkana...)

Why would anyone ever want to work for Marik, when we've seen how he treats his employees? Did he screw up Arkana's mind, like he did the Rare Hunter's?

I liked Dark Magician Girl, but my little sister loved her. Her favorite Duel Monster was the dark Magician, so you can imagine who her new favorite is.

Are we going to see Yugi duel the Quiet One next, or do we go to one of Joey's duels?

Marik is really starting to creep me out. He kills his own, he attacked his own sister, he brainwashed Kieth, and, inlike certain people, wasn't motivated by love in his deeds. I ca'nt wait for Yami to kick his butt.

The final irony: I know that in the original episodes, the disks in the arena were buzz saws, and the loser of the duel gets their feet lopped off. But the dub changed it so that the loser gets their mind sent to the Shadow Realm. Well, call me old-fashioned, but I'd rather loose my feet than my mind any day. The dub actually made a situation *more dangerous* then it originally was, yet by doing so, made the situation *less offensive* to parents. Are you guys as confussed as I am?

I live in the uk so the wait is pretty long, so I bought 63-112 episodes on dvd (progressivly). Just got Part 3 DVD set and Battle City rocks! I prefer the english subs to the english dub ^_^ There gonna cut a LOT out of it tho when its translated.

still havent seen espa's duel with joey tho :mad: