OtakuBoards

GTA Vice City Discussion

Tommy Vercetti

The most challenging mission i have done is when you have to work for Kent Paul and go and free lance who is being held captive and his life is gradually going down.
It was no problem getting their but when i got there, i basically died as the guys just constantly fire at you while your trying to save lance and when u free him u need to get him out of thier and some gang cars follow you i eventually did it after about 20 goes and was very pleased i did it :wigout:

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Medra [/i]
[B]In any case, I think, and this is as far as I've gotten in three days, that when you have to beat Hilary in the street race is the worst yet. Sentinel against a Banshee? *shudders* [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes I agree that mission for the malibu club is extremely hard! I think it's called The Driver and I believe he is racing in a Sabre Turbo, but still against a Sentinel is hard and you need a mixture of skill and luck to do it. Another hard one is probably The Final Mission, but I didn't struggle that much really.

Guest Lo Pan
[COLOR=darkblue]I agree with Medra, the hardest mission was the "Driver" Mission, everytime i got infront of Hilary a cop crashed into me and slowed me down so Hillary could overtake.
I eventually done it though :D[/COLOR]

[color=darkblue]The mission that I found most challenging was "Keep You Friends Close..." it took me ages to do that, it was so fustrating, I would say which part got me stuck the most but I don't want to ruin it for the people that havent got that far yet.[/color]

That mission was relatively easy for me but the mission was love fist was annoying when their limo is strapped with a bomb and you have to keep driving and if you stop it blows up. I got frustrated because cars kept getting in the way but i finally got to a main road and was able to dodge the cars.

Yeah I agree that's the only way to do 'The Driver'! It is definetely the hardest. I found that 'Checkpoint Charlie' (the mission when you buy the port asset) relatively hard, but not as hard at all!

I did that mission first go as well, it's moderately easy and the Love Fists accents are funny, but if you have to keep re-doing that mission I bet it gets annoying lol.

Fun :demon:

I want to open up a discussion on wird occurences in all GTA games. I have notice that there are a few things in every game that have either bugged out, or are secret things you can accomplish, I'll start with 1, and work up. I will discuss the crazy things I've experienced.

GTA1

[list]
[*]If you use the flamethrower often, mnotorcyclists appear as being "on Fire"
[*]Once, a cop was chasing me, and then, became ten times the normal size, wigged out, and jiggled off the screen
[*]If you shoot at a car, it will appaear to "jump" towards you
[/list]

I think that there will be an explanation in the gamecode, ans to why the cars advance on you when you shoot them, and when the motorcyclists appear as on fire if you used the flamethrower often. (these cyclist don't blow up either"

But I nearly died of a heart attack when that cop blew up to ten times the normal size! it was so unexpected and wierd. (it occured in one of my, ultra rare, half hour rampages.)

GTA3

[list]
[*]If you go into the stadium, using the dodo, you will end up falling through the stadia into green muck, form which there is no escape.
[*]You can fly through the hills on the far side of the map, go too far, and you end up in blue hell.
[*]If you attack a pedestrian on a hill and kill them, sometimes, their head will dissapear into the hill.
[/list]

Obviously, these are explainable as, maybe Rockstar North didn't program the hills on the far side.

Others are a mystery.

And Finally [B] Vice City [/B]

I noticed that, when I once accidentally drove my car into the water near the beginning of the bridge leading to the lighthouse, that i fell through the water, and landed on a rock. I then proceeded to get out of my car and explore the rock. When i looked around using R3 button, I saw an Upside down, liberty city. When I got back in my car, I drove it off the rock, and down into a black abyss, and I went through, what can only be described as Vice City's own Blue Hell, to respawn on the street.

I did this a few times, the I was dumb ehought to climb to the top of the water, it grabbed me, killed me, and dragged me up!

I just wanna know, has anybody else got a wierd story to tell?
like the water wackyness in Vice City, and the ten times the size cop on old flat GTA1.

NOTE: The water wackyness has never occured to me since.

Here is a quick bug you can try
-enable the 'cars float on water cheat' Find a boat you can drive up on, and when you are on that boat, exit the car. You should stay on the boat. Then the person driving the boat will be confused, and jump off the boat, and then you can drive away in the boat. Your car will fall away into the water also. That bug may take a few tries to perform ;)

[size=1][color=darkblue] Once, on the classic GTA1, my car disappeared while I was driving it, and I couldn't get out, and I was stuck in the invisible car. It was really funny, because I was just stuck, and it looked like I was running really fast.
On GTA3 at Break's house, I shot the top of a car, while standing on the roof of another, and the car hovered in the area. I turned around and it was gone. I can't explain either of my experiences, but they were more funny that annoying.[/color][/size]

Another "roof" thingy...

My friend once knocked a guy off his motorcycle on Vice City, and he landed on a cop car, which sped off with him on it, walikg on the roof, looking confused. Then the cop stopped the car, got out and shot him.

Funnily enough, When I crashed into a lampost, and landed on the cop car (about half an hour later) the cop got out and shot me.

Karma -_-.

Damn cops have a problem with kicks scuffing up their car roofs...:p

In GTA 2 I jumped on top of the subway train once. Climbed up on the overhang [Forget how, but it was needlessly complicated] and fell through onto the train. Sad part is, once it started up again, I got fried.

Also, when I got a car fixed with oil slicks [GTA2 once more], I found I was able to put the slicks in front of me. This was, needless to say, very annoying when I did it at Fast and the Furious type speeds.

In GTA3, God. I jumped into the back left handed corner of my garage in Staunton and fell through Blue Hell for three minutes straight. Then, when I reappeared, I was on top of the Staunton hideout [Or so it looked like it], and fell through Blue Hell once more. When I came out of it, I was in the elevator in that same hideout.

Vice City...hah... Try flying through the G-Spotlight building [the one you jump from the other office on a PCJ 600 on to get to]. You have a few feet of clearence if you fly it correctly yet it still messes up the blades.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BigCajones [/i]
[B]...but if you have to keep re-doing that mission I bet it gets annoying lol. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, it was exceedingly annoying... I had to do it five times because of the stupid lightpost glitch in the game. --;;; But now that I'm done with all of the missions except for the Cherry Popper ones, I'm just having fun running around killing people with a six star wanted level...:toothy:

[size=1][color=crimson]Once on GTAIII, I used the better car handling cheat to jump onto the roof of the hospital on Staunton Island. I got out the car and managed to walk through the wall into Blue Hell. Then, I walked around in Blue Hell then fell off of something and ended up on the first island (I forget) o_O;[/size][/color]

Cherry Poppers the ice cream factory is easy if that's the one you can't do. Go to somewhere near the airport say the end of sunshine autos road and just stay there. You will get loads of customers in no time. The only bad thing is that you get ignorant customers who can't find the till to buy an ice-cream lol. You have to sell 50 ice creams to complete that asset.

Oh and that telephone mission, the telephone is right behind cherry poppers, if it doesn't ring maybe you have missed out a telephone mission. :)

Thanx for the advice there cajones and i think on the ice cream delivery one you have to deliver about 50-60 ice creams but note it doesn't say you have done it as i realised when i got to 110 ice creams and nothing happened so you can just stop at about 60 i think will give you mission passed.

[B]Damn cops have a problem with kicks scuffing up their car roofs...:p

In GTA 2 I jumped on top of the subway train once. Climbed up on the overhang [Forget how, but it was needlessly complicated] and fell through onto the train. Sad part is, once it started up again, I got fried. [/B][/QUOTE]

I never kne there [i]were[/i] trains in gta2, is that the pc version?

[B]Also, when I got a car fixed with oil slicks [GTA2 once more], I found I was able to put the slicks in front of me. This was, needless to say, very annoying when I did it at Fast and the Furious type speeds.[/B] [/QUOTE]

ha, try doing that with mines, I did a rampage with mines once, and they were all blow up by the unsuspecting cars, then when I was on a very inportant mission, I ran over one that wasn't deactivated.
-Karma -_-.

[B]
Vice City...hah... Try flying through the G-Spotlight building [the one you jump from the other office on a PCJ 600 on to get to]. You have a few feet of clearence if you fly it correctly yet it still messes up the blades. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yep, done that, had heaps of clearance either side of me, but still blew up and died :p

Once, when I got the police maverick, the damn thing went into blue hell. Froze up my game as well.

I also used the "cars drive on water cheat" to use the Rhino tank to blow up unsuspecting boats. But when i reached the edge of the map, game froze, and the tank went to blue hell.

[color=darkblue]I still havent done the Cherry Poppers asset yet, I tryed once and could'nt find anywhere decent to sell the Ice Creams so I just gave up and carried on with the other missions. I'll probably try again later. [/color]