OtakuBoards

Caption Contests Begin!^^

Mei

[color=red][size=3][b]READ BELOW BEFORE STARTING![/b][/size][/color]

[color=green]Haha, yes a Caption Competition! I must thank James for permission to do this, and I think it may provide a good laugh and a nice amount of discussion.

If you're wondering what a Caption Contest is, let me explain. A Caption Contest is pretty simple, someone will post up a picture of characters or people doing, thinking, or saying something. Other people will have to think up what they are saying, and usually it's..err.. silly.^^() After a while, captions will be chosen on which is the best, meaning after a certain amount of captions are posted, we will all vote for which one we like best, and why we voted for it IN DETAIL, and whoever wins will post the next picture!^^

Now there are rules to this Caption Contest, for example: You MUST have discussion. This isn't just one liner spam posts, with a little funny caption. There is to be discussion ABOUT the captions, and why you chose one to win, why you chose how to do YOUR caption, so on. If this topic gets into just a silly little thread with one line sentences, it will be closed...T.T So don't let it become that way ok? And...MAKE SURE that this thread REMAINS on topic. There is also a max amount of captions for each competition. Usually it will be around 10. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE think before you post your caption. If you KNOW it isn't going to be any competition for others or if it's just pointless, DON'T post it. If you do, it won't be counted in, and other's may post theirs instead.[color=red]NEW RULE-Whoever posted the Picture of the Caption(meaning the winner of the last contest) will choose their fav. caption, and the person who they choose posts up the next picture for the next caption. Thanks Zeh for the time and post saving idea![/color]

Alrighty, now to start up the competition! Here's the first Caption Picture. Enjoy and have fun.
Note: Make sure you specify if the person is thinking or speaking!

[IMG]http://www.nintendoland.com/zelda/fanart/g/gisela01.jpg[/IMG]

[size=1]Thankyou Zelda: The Grand Adventures, for picture.[/size][/color]

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Yu Yu Hakusho! [/i]
[B]Here goes....and TN, if you do post up one of your own, can anyone else do that too?
Please don't think of me as a perv or anything...I can't really think of much else....
[/B][/QUOTE]

I dunno, I didn't make the rules...

I'll try at this thing...

[b]Link:[/b] (thinking) Why is my arm draped across her chest?.....

See, not funny...

[color=003399][b]Link:[/b] (thinking) just a little higher....

~~~~~

this is gonna be a fun topic ^_^

cheers to Mei. [/color]

[b]"See, that's better, Link! We can start off slow, I know you aren't used to this sort of thing. It just takes time and experience!"
-Marian[/b]

Hell, I don't know. Every time I look at that picture, all I can think of is naughty things. It just doesn't look right. And I know all of my attempts to being 'funny' suck.

Link: Look, ah.... This was not ment as a long term kinda thing... Now that we're done shooting can you-*pulls away only to have marina hold tighter*-please-*marina is holding his fingers now and is trying to pull him back into the picture*- LET GO?!

Marina: Ok. *she let's go. Link falls to the ground twiching*

All I get is "It's okay Link, it only hurts the first time."

I can only think of perverted things for most caption contests like this (some magazines do these)... There just isn't anything funny or interesting about that picture otherwise lol.

[color=green] If you guys are tired of this picture then its time to vote, Post up which caption you are voting for and why you voted for it IN DETAIL. After all is said and done, the winner will get to post a new picture. I guess I should clarify that in the rules. Alrighty, TIME TO VOTE![/color]

[color=003399]To save time, the person who posted the pic should pic their favorite caption. And the person who made that caption should get to post the next picture.

Since there's a lot of captions, we'd need more people to vote.[/color]

[color=green]I'm going with Tasis's idea, and picking the caption that I enjoyed the most.^^ Truely I thought this one was very cute, and quite hilarious.^^()

And the winner is....Heaven's Cloud!

It was a very [size=1]TIGHT[/size] battle between Ken and Heaven's but I just HAD to go with Heaven's...I have no idea why, I just thought it was amazingly funny! The thought of Link and a lovely lady getting drunk on potion that should heal you...and her coming to him...telling him...well yeah...I just thought it was cute.^^ Truely a tiny masterpeice of humour.

Now it is Heaven's Cloud's turn to post up a new Picture for the Caption Competition, and for more captions to come! That's all for now, thankyou.[/color]

[color=indigo]Well, after pouring through countless pictures I found this really bizarre photo of me...just kidding. Sorry, nothing anime struck me funny, but this kinda did. I hope we get some good captions for this one.[/color]
[img]http://www.members.aol.com/shadowedcloudx/strange[/img]