OtakuBoards

Enter the Matrix

Epitome

From what I have heard and read from EGM, Enter the Matrix is supposed to be the most amazing game ever with the slow-motion acftion and all the stunts. But storyline is another thing. I have heard that the storyline splits in two. It said that you can only be one character throughout the whole game. Is this true? Can someone please tell me.

I dont know much about the game, but I am almost sure that you can play as more than one of the fighters.

Infact, they aren't the charactors from the first movie... kinda threw me off the game, but it still looks cool.

You don't play as Trinity or Neo from what I've seen. It mostly follows the two new characters (the one played by Jada Pinket Smith [sp?] and that asian guy).

No one knows much about the actual story... but according to the developers the game parallels the movie. Where the movie stops the game continues and shows more, and where the game stops the movie continues and shows more.

I've not heard good things from hands on impressions from IGN though. The fighting sounds like a simplistic, weak button masher and the driving sections look incredibly lame. Not to mention the graphics (other than some characters) look very unimpressive. Hasn't anyone noticed that they [i]never[/i] close their hands in any pictures or videos?

It just comes off like they spent all their time with the movies and cutscenes and the 250 page script... and little went into the actual gameplay. Plus it's being done by Shiny, who is incredibly hit and miss (with only like three good games in my opinion).

I guess we'll see. I think a lot of people will buy this just because it's the Matrix honestly.

I bought it yesterday and OMG this game is AMAZING! The fighting is so intense that you think it's real! The background music gives a real Matrix Movie feel to it becuase when you get into a huge gunfight rock music blasts out. I think it is amazing how you can have heavy rock pumping while your run along a wall, do a backflip off of it and crack some guy on the jaw all before landing on your feet, lol. Also the "Hacking system" is great. Instead of any other game were you have a cheats section, there is a hacking section where you need to work out yourself how to hack into get cheats enabled and so on. If you haven't played this game...PLAY! If you haven't bought this game...BUY!

I got the game yesterday from recommendations of my friends.

Enter the Matrix is basically a video game based off The Matrix: Reloaded, but from a different point of view, that of Ghost and Niobe. The two characters are rarely in the movie itself, which raises qeustions about why they are in the game, but in some cases it's better not to be playing as the all-powerfull Neo, and it unlocks more elements of the deep story-line. The idea of the game is absolutely fantastic. It is clear that it is very polished when you first boot up your system, from things such as the beginning video to how you load up your game or choose your character. The Wachowski brothers do a very good job of keeping you into the game, by bringing in cut-scenes that were actually filmed, and looking as if they were in the movie itself. In the playable parts, close hand combat is very fun with the inclusion of the Focus meter, a meter that decreases when you slow down time, but goes back up slowly afterwards. While slowing down time, it allows you to execute much stronger and awsome moves, and you can even dodge bullets. It is deffinitly an original tool added to a video game (maybe Max Payne is similar, but I've never played it) and it brings you back to your Matrix fantasies

That's where the good parts end, however. Despite being able to choose different sets of controls, it is very difficult to control your character, as you turn slowly, and when you are moving around, it's kind of jumpy. When fighting a bad guy, it seems like you are doing the same things over and over again. The levels also feel repetative in the sense that they arn't that detailed, and it's like going through a maze or something. As you can see, it's good that the Wachowski brothers directed the game, but they could have done better with the game developer. I know that they tried to get a better developer, but they were turned down on their first choices.

That being said, it's a pretty good game, but it could have a been a whole lot better. I'd say about 7/10 in my opinion.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Agatio [/i]
[B]Oh, so the game is based upon the Matrix: Reloaded but just from Ghost and/or Niobes point. Or am I wrong. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's right.

Personally i don't see it as the best game of all time, or whatever you said in your opening post Agatio. To me it seems like max pane with a different setting and a million dollar title. The bullet time is nothing new. The running up walls is cool, but really nothing to write home about. The only factor of the game that i am impressed with is all the independent filming they did, it's god to see the movie and the game industry moving closer together.

Well that's me completed the game LOL! That is one side-effect, it is too easy and short. I have beaten the game with Ghost and with ALL the hacking known to knowledge (i'm sure there are a few secrets in there). It took me 4 hours 20 minutes...

Nah i played it about an hour every day and i completed it in 4 days the timer said 4 hours 20 minutes. I conly completed it with Ghost...but did ALL the hacking which was probably about an hour or two's worth of time.

It's more of a rent then a buy, that's correct. I had it on Normal difficulty when I went through, and it was very easy. I ended up beating the game in about 3 days or so, and I didn't even play it that often. I have yet to beat it as Niobe, however, which I am planning to do on a car trip later this week. My brother has gone on the net and done some hacking, but I really don't want him to use any cheats until we beat the game with Niobe. The multiplayer mode is kind of fun, but you can't use Focus, so that sucks.

I think the only other good thing about this game that I didn't mention before was the music. They kept it right from the movie, and it is pretty cool. ;) Other than that, not that great of a game.

Okay, I justed rented the game from Blockbuster and me and my friend love it. I love the "Focus" movements and how you can see the bullets flying at you and the ones coming out of the gun. Im playing as Ghost currently and I love the game. Its awesome.

• 4 weeks later...
[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]I traded in a bunch of games, and ended up paying 5$ for the game. I am enjoying it very much right now. I am playing through as Ghost right now (trying to play Niobe a bit on easy, just to see the differences).

Some of the camera angles are a bit annoying. The Focus is a very cool ability in the game, I really enjoy some of the moves you can do while using it. I enjoy a few of the guns, namely, the dual Uzis, and the SS Shotgun (totally awesome weapon there)

The best thing about the game is the cutscenes. I am very happy that they put in those extra scenes, and especially that it wasn't just footage with only a few characters from the movie. I mean, there are quite a few characters from Matrix: Reloaded, including the two bodyguards that the Merovingian, the Keymaker, and several of the captains and crew of the hovercrafts. I haven't gotten THAT far in it, in fact, I have no clue how far I am, but it seems like I am pretty far along. I am at some power station -- the place where Niobe kicks the crap out of all the security guards, and where she blows the Power Plant -- close to the end of that particular level. I am looking forward to a lot more of the cinamatics in the game.

Some of the cutscenes seem to be mirrored from the movie. I won't go into details, since I am not sure who all has played the game.

So far, I am giving it a 3 out of 5 right now. . it has it's ups and downs, but a pretty ok game, as for the value of the backstory to Matrix: Reloaded, I give it a very solid 5 out of 5. . . ya, who's the Uber Dork? [/SIZE][/COLOR]

Guest Majin Buu
If I was Neo.. I would have swallowed the whole damn bottle of pills.. Then to play the Matrix.. I Thought it was really stupid..
They rushed through it. SO that it would come out when the movie did.. There is alot of glicths in it.. and alot of other things That need to be fixed

[color=darkred][SIZE=1]I agree that they rushed it a lot, though, as far as glitches are concerned, I have seen more in other games that have taken longer to produce. .

I finished the game today, and was very happy about the ending ^_^ That does make me mad though that I have to wait till 11/05 for the finale. *sigh* Oh well. [/SIZE][/color]

Guest Fly-T
The game gets 7.5 outta 10 from me....I'm stuck like a mutha fuzza...
I have problems trying to snipe-protect that jail-cell dressed guy....and it's hard. It's right after you shoot that tire of the plane and you kill the agent helicopter...help anyone?

• 2 weeks later...
You know, I am stuck on that bit also I think because I find it really hard with the sniper rifle and that guy always seems to die everytime I get anywhere near him. I think this game is pretty impressive and I really like doing focus moves and attacks and love running up walls and jumping off buildings. I give it about 8.5 out of 10 because I heard that it doesn't take long to complete either.

• 6 months later...
Well, I have it myself, and i think its a great game. Great graphics and very different from most of the games that i played. I prefer to be ghost, because he gets to to all of the cool stuff ^.^V. But i'm not really the person who sits in front of the tv all day trying to beat it, so i just enjoy the whole game while i can.

[color=#006699]This game is average at best. While I was playing it I really loved it but now that I've beaten it, and have not played it in a while, it's lost it's magic. The focus ability is really neat. But the novelty wears off really quickly. By the third psuedo-level type thing you'll be unbeleiveably bored watching your character jump kick a swat member or doing a backflip off a wall. Other than that my favorite part are the fights with the agents. The fact that I'm not supposed to be able to hold my own, but I can because I'm awesome at the game is cool, lol. I just wish it was [i]possible[/i] to defeat them. I can kick an Agents *** for 5 minutes straight without getting hit and he just get's up. It's kind of stupid. =/

Currently the main reason to get it is the Matrix scenes. But now there is rumor that the extra scenes from ETM will be packaged when the Trilogy Set is released on DVD. ^_^[/color]