OtakuBoards

Most Influential Person in your Life

Patronus

[size=1][color=000066][b]I know someone has another person who they love dearly--or looks up to. So, I wanna know who and why.

I actually have three, so I'll post them here.

My grandmother. I love her more then anything in the world. We've always been close---we were seperated for a few years because she moved to Indiana then to Louisianna(a long story). But she moved back a three or four years ago, and ever since, I have enjoyed most of my life. If she ever...left me, I would seriously have a breakdown.

My sister, Desireè. We're brother and sister, so, yes, we've fought. But I've always looked up to her. She's popular, smart, and funny. She can do anything she wants---literally. Right now, she is in Florida. She's coming home next month and staying till November then moving to Massachusetts. I've missed her dearly, and always will.

Ginnylyn. I know what you're thinking: "What a suck-up", but I am not. Ever since I was a newbie (gulp) and I saw how she drew and wrote, I was astounded. She's kept me hanging in there while my medical things have been happening and we recently got very close. I look to her as my sister and always will.

Well, those are mine...

-L/Z[/b][/color][/size]

[color=crimson][size=1] The most influencial being in my life would be Corizon Aquino, the first female president of the Phillippines. (My home country) She is a very powerful and convincing speaker, and put down ten rebel and terrorists attempts during her years as president.[/color][/size]

I would definitly look up to my Dad. He's worked hard to keep both me and my sister out of trouble and bad neighborhoods. He works one job and then does 'sidework' when he's off. And he still finds time to spend time with us and take us on vacations. I really love and admire him.

I admire my very good friend Mike. He isn't the best student, but puts up with infinite **** from his family and, as of yet, has supressed the urge to murder them all. That and he's one of the most pure people I know.

[size=0] [color=silver] My sister KT would hafta be the person I look up to the most, b/c she's cool, and she's veery nice to me. She taught me lots of stuff, and she tells me everything. She's also really pretty, popular, and confident. and when i am around her, i seem to be more confident too. She also has good morals, and is a good role model. [/color] [/size]

Because I am Christian and I am allowed to believe what I want, I take no shame in saying that Jesus is my first and foremost influence.

Next up is my mom. Not always a positive influence, but definitely one of the strongest ones in my life. I know for a fact that if she hadn't been in my life, I would be very different. In fact, I wouldn't even be alive--she was the only person in my family that did NOT want an abortion when she found out she was pregnant with me. Go, Mom.

Next up is Adam, our very own Prince of Anime. It is through him that I learned I could work long term on major projects, such as theOtaku.com/Digimon, and it is indirectly through him that I became addicted to the net. :sweat:

Our final two for tonight are Sara and Shaun. Both have had incredible impacts, both at different times of my life. You could almost say Shaun is just continuing what Sara had started. If it weren't for them, there would be many issues I would still be struggling with, keeping inside; I would never have learned to mature as much as I have over the last year or two.

Seriously, without these people, I would not be who I am today.

As for the rest of you, I love you dearly! You all have your threads intertwining with mine; we are all shaping each other every day and I thank God every night for that.

[color=ff00cc] [size=1]I'd have to say the most influential person in my life is my mom.

She's always given me advice, helped me through everything, and always been there for me. I can't imagine life without her, since she's like a best friend to me, rather than full-time mom. When I need a mom, she's my mom. When I need a friend, she's my friend. Ever since my parents separated, she's been going through really tough times, since my father broke off his account from hers, and his side of the family isn't supporting her finacially. And still, she tries to send me gifts, along with everybody else she cares about. Whenever we're both sad, she's always telling me morals to live by, for both of us to try and achieve together. [/color] [/size]

My mom in first place. If it wasn't her I wouldn't be alive now... I don't know what'd be of me if I had to separate from her now...
My older brother. He can be a pain sometimes, but I respect him, and we do stuff together and all, so it's nice... Even though we're brothers we don't really fight ^^

More than one person. There is never just one.

Matt Hayes. Best friend for 5 years now. Lets me see the sarcastic, and real sides of life more clearly, and without cares.

Patrick McCormick. Taught me alot, "transformed" me you could say.

Kelsey. My current girlfriend, and quite possibly Love of my Life. (not sure on the latter, still trying to sort all the things going through my mind)

Last but not least

Deborah Macaiodh. For my own personal reasons that I can't really explain.

Guest Taylor Hewitt
I would have to say my father. Him and my mother of course. My parents are a very big part of my life and I love them very much. They help me make decisions and such. Ok I'll be on my way now.

I also must say that Jesus is without the shadow of a doubt the most influencial person in my life.

Next down from Him, I'm not sure. I think I'd put my mom & dad, my former youth pastor, Pastor Michael Shane Pippin, Paul the Apostle and King David and King Solomon all under Jesus somewhere--I just don't know where, lol.

-Justin

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dodgerblue]The most influencial...Hmm...

Zach you took mine...I look up to Ginny as a really good friend. ^__^ When I was a newbie a while back, she really amazed me about her "skills" with drawing and art. She has always helped me feel better when people in my life have passed away. I couldn't live with you, hun. I love ya!You mean a lot to me. I'm so lucky to have a friend like you. ^__^ M'little hammy.

Sara, you've helped me through the tough times and you're a great person to talk to. My little birdy, I love you a lot. And thanks for the advice. Ice cream rules.

My Step-Father has influenced me a lot! He has taught me mroe things than I can imagine. He seems to have a lot of experience with the tough things in life, and he speaks to me about it. Everything I know basically I've learned from him. ^__^

And everyone on OB. I love you all and you influence my day like no others. You are my family and no day would be the same without all your friendly ...faces?...text??..Anyways, I love you a lot. And I'm soooooo lucky to have to guys.

-Cl -the one and only-[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Guest Randleman
[color=crimson]Conan O'Brian and Quentin Tarantino. Comedy and kick arse movies. You can't lose.[/color]

There's one important person I left out--Mitch.

Shame on me.

Do you have any idea what it feels like to actually feel like you are worth something to someone even after you just got done trying to run away from everybody who ever cared about you? Yeah, I know...he's been the glue between the pages for me on several occasions, and he was one of the first people I talked to during that horrible event back in Feb.

This one's for you, Mitch. I really miss you.

[color=#707875]I think that my mother is probably the most influential person in my life. She has shaped me more than anyone. She's always taught me to think for myself, to take responsibility and to be my own person. I'm very thankful for that. She's similar in that way...her parents were very keen to let her develop as an individual.

My dad is also pretty influential. He's a professional and he's always conducted himself with pride and know-how. He is also a person who knows more than he usually lets on...he's a wise person.

Another influential person would have to be my grandfather, who died only a few months ago. I was very close to him. Even though he kind of became quite a religious fundamentalist of sorts after WWII, he was actually a thoughtful person in some ways. In particular, he was a very tolerant person. When he served in the military after WWI, I remember hearing stories about how he had stood up for people who weren't being treated fairly (one story involved an officer who was found to be gay...and a few nasty things happened to him - my grandfather, despite being relatively conservative, stood up for him when few others would). So, I always appreciated that from him. And even though he had quite a simple life, it's definitely the legacy that I will always remember. Fairness/tolerance of all people.

Other than that...I don't know. There really isn't one specific person who I can point to and say "this person influenced me the most". Different people have influenced me in different ways.

I mean, I studied Religious Education in primary school (as many kids here do). And I remember that my early RE teacher, Mrs. Pelios, was an extremely open-minded person. She taught about all sorts of religions (both modern and ancient). So, we had a very well-rounded curriculum. Everything was taught in a historical context and in an objective way. That was really beneficial. After she left, our RE classes went back to more of a "Sunday School format". So that was a disappointment for me. But yeah, I think Mrs. Pelios was a tremendous influence when it comes to something like that. I've [i]always[/i] had people straining to show me multiple sides to these things...I consider myself lucky in that regard.

I notice that some of you are talking about online people as well. That's fair enough; I've known some people online for years. I've known Adam for a very long time now...almost as long as I've had access to the 'net. And he has been a major influence on me, in the sense that he's always encouraged me and he has worked side-by-side with me on so many things. I respect him more than most colleagues, because he is someone of such outstanding character. I think it's rare to find people like that.

I could go on...but I think I'd be here forever. The truth is, nearly everyone I meet influences me in some way, whether it's minor or major. [/color]

• 2 weeks later...
The most influental person in my life would have to be my dad. Even if he did die when I was 4 I learned so much from him. He was so awesome.

If you want one who is still living I'd have to say my uncle. I live in a family of mostly girls (including me) and the guys tend to influence me the most. My uncle is like a 2nd dad to me. We have alot in common and we are both computer freaks (although I'm more prog. and he's more tech.) We hang out and play games together. I've discovered that I've started to talk like him to. like I say, exactly alot more and "holy buckets!"

My cousin influences me alot too. He's my closest relative by age. He isn't a computer freak but he is my console gaming buddy. I talk like him too now. weird.

[color=indigo]Well, unfortunatly I tend to be the most influential person in my life...I end up talking myself into all kinds of stupid situations...

Besides myself, my parents have definatly been a huge influence on my life. My parents have always been a central part of my envionment, and even though I live nine hours away from them, I still talk to them every couple of days, and to be honest, I rarely care how anyone except my parents and my little sister preceive me.[/color]

[color=green][size=1][i]My most influential people are:
Dad: He has pushed me, and pushed me to what I want to be. Like in Football I want to be a pro, and for a while I was scared of the team and he kept on pushing me.

Mom: She's someone that I can talk to, and if I had no one to talk to then I doubt that I would still be alive. Cuz a lot of the stuff that I go through gives me anger, and my anger leads me to voilence, and you get the picture.

Best Friends: Anna and Ivan(You all know him as Lan here): Well lets see these two have always been there for me, and I dont know what I would do without them. Anna I was always able to help her with her problems and she always helped me with mine. Ivan(Lan) He has been by my side regardless of the situation and has helped me through many things. So he'll always have a spot on my list.[/color][/size][/i]

Guest dayday
My cousin. She's 17 and actually takes me places. Out of all my cousins she's the most responsible and she likes to comfort me sometimes. She's older than me but my other cousins are younger than her and they don't even pay attention. Once when I had a nosebleed she called my grandma and mama as soon as it happens. Then she went in the bathroom to help me. She's wants to be a lawyer and study law. So she's very influential person I know.

I'd have to say my grandparents and my parents and my bestest best friend and whatever boy I'm crushing on at the time.

I feel I have to please them or else I'm letting them down (not the boy or my friend). As for my friend, it's hard to put into words. And the boy just makes me act funny sometimes, I'm sure many of you know how that works...

I'd say my mom. She's always there for me and when I think she's going to be horribly mad at me about something, she's always very forgiving about it. I'm not a bad kid, but I do a lot of really stupid stuff. I'm glad she's so understanding about it.

I must admit I don't really listen to her much the first time though, which gets me into most of my problems.