OtakuBoards

I Woke Up To Find...

Shinobi

Well i worke up on Monday morning to find my eye was watering really bad, like actually pouring down my face. So i got up and went in for a shower but my face felt pretty...wierd...it was nothing to bad, and it started to ware of later on in the early afternoon. So i thought it was i was sleeping on that side and it just annoyed my eye or something, i kinda forgot about it to be honest. Then came tuesday, i woke up to find it was once again watering, but worse than before. I couldn't move the right side of my face at all. It felt like i had a antaseptic jag from the dentist but it wasn't numb, i could feel everything. It progressuvly (sp?) got worse and worse during the the rest of the day. I told my Mum when she got back from work, and just said leave it and see how it get's on. Well later on at night it was 10 times worse than before. When i smiled, my muscles just wouldn't move, nor could i close my right eye properly. When i blinked in the mirror i could actually see my left eye close and open again before my right eye even moved! I was begining to get pretty worried. When my Dad came in, he was informed and he believed it to be Bells Palsy. He said it is when too much pressure is put on one of the main nerves. So he looked it up and it is either caused by a coldsore (which i have) and lack of sleep (which isn't that bad) and sometimes just a bad bang, like off of a wall or something (that hasn't happened).

So today i went to the Doctors early in the morning. I was diagnosed with Bells Palsy. He said it is not a severe case of it and becuase i am a child it will heal much faster. So he gave me medication and it should go away in a week or two (probably one week).

I am going on holiday (vacation) this Saturday (no OB for 2 weeks) so i will have this for at keast a couple of days into my hols.

So the whole point of this post was:

[b]Have you ever woke up to find something wrong with you or your family?

And

Habe you ever had/have or know someone who has had/have Bells Palsy?[/b]

i once woke up in the middle of the night and heard alot of commotion. It turned out that one of my cousins was having some sort of seizure it was real bad. I thought she might die. Everything turned out alright that was when i was in grade 6 and i am presently goin to grade 10. My first year of senoir high @ 14 years old

Well, I didn't wake up to it, but I did stop my house from burning down. I was laying in my bed one night when I thought I smelled something burning. I got up and told my brother, who was babysitting. He went downstairs to his room to check it out. He came running back upstairs to get some water; his desk was practically aflame.

Now, had we been thinking, we would have grabbed the fire extinguisher, or even the bucket collecting water from a dripping pipe, which is right in his room.

The fire was eentually extinguished and we found out that my brother had left a candle lit in a cup in his room. Heh, the candle had been propped up by some legos.

Guest Taylor Hewitt
I woke up this morning expecting to find my love. But I didn't. I found someone who I thought was my love and I wasn't her love. That's my horrible experience of waking up.

I was living in a motel for a while with my cat and my dogs and my family and one morning I woke up to find that someone had let my cat out of his carrier and he had run away. I looked for him for months and months but could never find him. Very sad.

[quote]I woke up this morning expecting to find my love. But I didn't. I found someone who I thought was my love and I wasn't her love. That's my horrible experience of waking up.[/quote] O_o Are you saying what I think you're saying?! (Hint: not PG-13). You should clear that up so people don't get the wrong idea - unless it is that...

Anyway, I can only remember waking up one time and finding something wrong with my family. I was actually "feeling" more than "finding."
It was just your usual sleeping night, and I can't remember if I woke up in a start, or just opened my eyes slowly and calmly (I think it was the latter, though). I didn't need to get up, because I never normally wake up at this time (around 5:20 A.M.). I knew by waking up that my grandmother had died. A quick check at my parents bed confirmed my "feeling."

I went back to sleep without giving this event much thought. I knew there would be a lot of time to lament over her death when my parents came back, and I didn't want to disturb my siblings by crying. That morning, I saw my father cry for the first time in my life. But it was just her time: she lived a long life, and she got to see all her sons become successful men, spanning from store owner-engineer-doctor.

Well, besides that, I woke up with something in my eye. Haha, does that constitute as "something wrong?" It was mad-annoying, and my eye soon turned red. Finally, in the middle of the day, I got rid of it.

One night this summer I woke up at night (obviously), and it was hot in my room. I mean [I]sweltering[/I]. So, I sat there, wondering what the heck was going on; the air conditioner was on high, and I was sleeping without the covers on. I looked around, and here's what the cause was; a lamp. Yes, a lamp at the side of my bed. I had been reading Shonen Jump earlier, and it was about... oh, 2am when I fell asleep, and I left the light on. Now, these are some old lamps, so they generate a lot of heat. I guess I had been asleep for a while, because above the lamp there was that whole hot-sidewalk-on-a-summer-day wavy thing going, so I promptly turned it off and went to sleep.

When I woke up again, it was still hot... But that was around noon. :)

Guest Taylor Hewitt
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AzureWolf [/i]
[B]O_o Are you saying what I think you're saying?! (Hint: not PG-13). You should clear that up so people don't get the wrong idea - unless it is that...of it. [/B][/QUOTE]

No I'm only 13 years old. You wouldn't understand...

1. Yes. One time i woke up and found that my lower lip had swolen to 3 times its normal size. It was thicker than my thumb. I was terrified and almost didn't go to school, but since it was winter, snowy and i had alot of ice and cold beverages, it was shrunk back down to normal size by the time i had reached school.

2. I've never even heard of it.

Does the moment you get out of bed and become seriously dizzy constantly count??? People say i have an ear ache. I say i just get out to fast. However, it is sometimes necessary to move my butt out of the bed quickly.

Oh, what really sucks is when i wake up, and i had slept on my arm. When i try to move it, it barley rises and i have too swing it around too wake it up. That really sucks and feels extemely annoying.

Guest Taylor Hewitt
Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and I have to jump out of bed because my leg hurts inside. It's like nothing else it's the worst pain ever... lol. Except heartbreak.

[quote]Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and I have to jump out of bed because my leg hurts inside. It's like nothing else it's the worst pain ever... lol. Except heartbreak.[/quote] Haha, now I remember! Twice I had my leg cramp up upon waking (I think they call it a "Charlie Horse" too). That's probably the worst thing to wake up to because I wake up nice and slow. However, when I got those leg cramp, I rose in bed, then jumped around on my bed upon the pain's entry. For some reason (both times), the cramp stopped immediately when I stood on my feet. Weirdness... :huh:

What causes it is constant application of pressure to your leg(s) during sleep, so it happens mostly when you are sleeping on something hard. Stupid dormitory mattresses...

Guest Taylor Hewitt
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AzureWolf [/i]
[B]What causes it is constant application of pressure to your leg(s) during sleep, so it happens mostly when you are sleeping on something hard. Stupid dormitory mattresses... [/B][/QUOTE]

I knew it! I always get it only when I'm at my dads! Stupid pull out bed... Thanx now I know what it is.

sometimes i wake up with this pounding sound in my left ear, and its annoying as hell. the first time it happened i kept going around in circles in my room because i thought something was blowing air out. i know what caused it though because this kid hit me in the ears one day on purpose and ran away. little ******. i got my revenge and luckily i couldnt hear the teachers yelling at me...

****, sorry to hear that Denny. >_<;;; Get rest and look after yourself, hear?

I woke up to find a Brown Recluse Spider on my nose. That scared the literal piss out of me. Well, not literal, but damn close. If you know about Brown Recluses, then you know why it's so scary. If you don't, allow me to explain. Their bites are posionous, but not fatal from one sting unless you're allergic. But that's not too bad. It leaves a painful sting for a while, and then gets numb for a day or two. Then the bite looks progressively worse. By about ten days, whatever part of you was bitten will have swollen, become feverishly painful, and be VERY infected. If it goes too much longer, the part might have to be removed.

Thankfully, however, I brushed it off before it bit, so eh. :D

Another time, I woke up to find out that my grandfather died just a few hours earlier. :(

Yet another time, I woke up, and quickly found out that having a sprained hamstring is like being paralyzed.

I awoke once to find myself in a completely different room than that I had fallen asleep in. I guess that makes me a sleepwalker.

Anothertime, whilst on the subject of cramps, I woke to find both of my legs ad cramped up and it was slowly moving up to my buttocks muscles. I stood and fell over screaming at the tops of my lungs because my *** had just seized up on me.
The cramps lasted for about a minute. That was THE longest minute of my life. After they left I could barely move my lower half for over a week. And you don't want to know how painful it was to sit on the toilet...

Something probably a lot of people went through, but I woke up just in time to hear the reports of the twin towers being bombed. About three weeks to a month later, I was home sick and woke up to find a place about 3-5 miles away was in a hostage situation.

On a less sad note, I once woke up to find my friend drawing obcene images on my face with a permanent marker. I hit him with a stick to make sure he never did it again.

My father has had Bells Palsy a few times. He used to have a job as a sleeper cutter; cutting firewood, cutting sleepers for the railways. He used to do it in and around his first job, which was with Telstra. Everytime he used the chainsaw, it would put strain on his left arm. Everytime he used the axe, it would add to that strain, and apparently "vibrate the left main nerve in his face". Every time he woke up, his face was sore, he couldn't move it, etc. He didn't go to the doctor.. which was stupid, but he had some medication for it in his cupboard. It took a while, but it went away. But he also kept sleeper cutting. Low and behold, the main nerve which was affected, kept its position. He got a more serious case, apparently "re-occuring" or something. The tird time he got it, his nerve gave out. The nerve reaction in the left side of his face is slower than the right sie, and he has to watch his blood pressure.

I, on the other hand, have never had it. :D And I've never woken up from something unusual, like Bells Palsy or not. :drunk:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Chaos [/i]
[B]****, sorry to hear that Denny. >_<;;; Get rest and look after yourself, hear?

I woke up to find a Brown Recluse Spider on my nose. That scared the literal piss out of me. Well, not literal, but damn close. If you know about Brown Recluses, then you know why it's so scary. If you don't, allow me to explain. Their bites are posionous, but not fatal from one sting unless you're allergic. But that's not too bad. It leaves a painful sting for a while, and then gets numb for a day or two. Then the bite looks progressively worse. By about ten days, whatever part of you was bitten will have swollen, become feverishly painful, and be VERY infected. If it goes too much longer, the part might have to be removed.

Thankfully, however, I brushed it off before it bit, so eh. :D

Another time, I woke up to find out that my grandfather died just a few hours earlier. :(

Yet another time, I woke up, and quickly found out that having a sprained hamstring is like being paralyzed. [/B][/QUOTE]

Dont they leave a black mark where it has bitten you?

Late one night I got up and went towards the bathroom to pee. Right when I was about to let it go I woke up. While I was awake I went to bathroom to pee again. Then I woke up again!! This time I knew I was awake because I was all sweaty and hot. Then I went to my kitchen, made grilled cheese, ate it, took a cold shower, and went to bed. It was very weird, for some reason I had the erge to make grilled cheese in the middle of the night.

[COLOR=firebrick][B]My family and I were staying the week up at our camp in the Adirondacks (sp?). I woke up and my right eye was swollen to about the size of a golfball. We found out later that it was a spiderbite, but we're still not sure what kind. Oh yea, another time, some family friends were staying the weekend at our house I had been up late talking with the daughter and reading. I turned out my lamp (which was one of those reading lamps that you can coil the stand around your bed and adjust it) and went to bed around 12:00. The next morning, I woke up to smell something burning. Apparently, during the night, I had managed to turn the lamp on accidentaly and get it under my pillow. o.O My hair smelled burnt for about a week. To answer your second question, I've never even heard of Bells Palsy. The feeling sounds weird though.[/COLOR][/B]

Guest Chris
[color=#707875][b]my mother has it. it does get better after a while. hers hasn't completely heald yet, but she never took her medicine. heh, i hope you heal up soon.[/b][/color]

Thanks alot people for your condolences. I am happy to say that i have made some progress but it is still pretty bad. Thanks alot for the info on Bells Palsy ;).

Some of these posts are really intresting. Neil...wow...that would be VERY scary. I have alos experianced the waking up to a dead reletive also...not a nice feeling.

I am going on holiday in two days (YAY SATURDAY) so i think the sun might help it (the sun always helps my injuries or if i have a cold or whatever ^^). When i get back from my hols i'll post up telling yall how i'm doing.

Some of these severe cramp things are pretty bad like KOTR...ouch. I have had severe cramp before also...really bad. I had it in my foot and i couldn't walk or anything.

I once fell asleep In my bed, But woke up under my christmas tree christmas morning...

Yes, I'm a sleep walker. I once Walked into my cousins room when him and his girlfriend were...um...*Cough*...And preceded to sit in the chair across the bed, And wake up.:eek: