OtakuBoards

theOtaku.com on Adult Swim!

Guest XBebop

Guest XBebop
Aint that cool? they had a black and white comercial that mentioned Theotaku.com MUAHAHAHAHAH!!! Comment about this here. lol

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

REALLY!!!!!!!!!!! What did it say?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Its official, Im giving the moderators brownies. There in the oven right.........now.

What....i say it agian what. I watched all the way up to Home Movies and i didnt see them mention theotaku. During what show did they show it in a commercial. Anyway that is pretty cool now i want to figure out who runs adult swim. Ha for all we know he/she might be some secret member on here. Congrats for theotaku and the mods.

[size=1]They mentioned theotaku.com? That's awesome, heh. I don't really watch Adult Swim (I'm usually at work around then) but I'd love to see the commercial. There has to be SOMEONE on Earth who taped it, and they need to make me a copy.

So yeah, congratulations to Adam, and the rest of theotaku.com's staff. :angel:

-Shy[/size]

Yeah they mentioned it alright. I dont watch adult swim anymore but i saw this thread and i had to go to my tv. I live on the pacific coast so it hadent even showed up yet. And they were right.. they mentioned it right before trigun. Then even said something about over loading the servers.. LOL.

i thought that was cool... I wonder how that happned. I mean dot yell at me if im dumb... i never keep up to date one those things.... But i think thats cool Although the message was short... It was there. Thats cool... advritiseing.. hah!

I wonder how that, ran to theri computer, and began looking for episode summrys... Heh

[color=#707875]Hm...that's interesting.

theOtaku.com was also mentioned once on BBC World, on a show called ClickOnline.

But yeah, I've never heard about this Adult Swim thing. I'll talk to Adam and see what he says.

It's funny that we haven't actually started up an anime interview section. And this reminds me to bug Adam about it again. Did you know that we've had emails over the years from various people within the industry, about our site? The guy who does Gendo's voice, for example, sent us an email a few months back. He's a fan of theOtaku.com ~_^

I want to start interviewing these people. Now that we've weeded out the all-region Hong Kong DVD dealers from our ad network, we are in a position to do that sort of thing. lol[/color]

This isn't a good thing if you have ever seen the messageboards at adult swim. It's parrallel to battle.net in stupidity. The people that do the show know it too, if any of you remember the card that said "No inuyasha isn't coming back" that was to piss off the raving inuyasha fans on the board.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Tical [/i]
[B]REALLY!!!!!!!!!!! What did it say?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Its official, Im giving the moderators brownies. There in the oven right.........now. [/B][/QUOTE]

Really!!!!!!!????????? Thats so cool! Well you might be making brownies right now, but I just made fresh sina buns and passing them out right now!

i wonder how it got there....
no, i know somone put it there, but, did somone in the network come here before, and really really liked this site, and thought it was good enough to be "mentioned"?
(can you blame them, though? ^^: )

Wow... WOW.... I guess I missed that..because I was away, of course.. But WOW... I think I knew about the BBC thing, but that's great.. Does anyone know if it will be airing again?

And what exactly was it? Just the words"theOtaku.com" and some voiceover, or what?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]The commercial also specifically named Semjaza Azazel as a god among men. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=hotpink][size=1]I fell asleep just as AS was coming on. I guess I'll never watch it...but anywho. That is pretty interesting.

And yes, I'm SURE that's exactly what they said, Semmie. *Thwacks him*

And James, I think the interview thing would be an amazing idea.[/color][/size]

[color=#707875]The BBC thing was a segment that they have where they profile websites. Someone emailed them about theOtaku and they profiled it in that segment. So that was pretty funky.

But yeah, I haven't seen this Adult Swim thing myself. Some people who were specifically looking out for this "message" have said that it's true, but I don't know. I wasn't aware that fan sites were promoted by Cartoon Network or anything like that. So I originally thought that it might be people mistaking the text on the screen for "theOtaku.com". Unless they just rotate fan sites or something...who knows.

But who knows. It'd be nice if someone could record it and upload that little part of their recording for us to see. Or take a screen capture. lol[/color]

[color=silver][size=1]Well, I can't say I'm entirely suprised theOtaku was mentioned, it is a fabulous site in itself. It is a bit eye-opening I must say. I always thought of theOtaku as a little-known community, snuggled in our own little corner of the cyber world. But, I guess we're really going global.

Congratulations Adam and James and everyone else that made theOtaku as spectacular as it is!!

-Two resounding thumbs up-[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Luminaire [/i]
[B]>plays back tapepauses< O_O There it is. I didn't see that the first time I watched it. Hey, Shy, if you really want a copy of this tape, PM or IM me later. Silent commercial...kinda scary...>.>

~Lumi ^_^ [/B][/QUOTE]

Luminaire can you quote what they said about it....like that whole segement of the black and white silent commercial cause i really want to know what they said and i think others would want to know too. Thx.