OtakuBoards

So you sing in the shower?

Burori

Okay out of complete bordom and well bordom I decided to post this. Okay i'm sure many people here take showers duh anyways my question is do you sing in the shower? what song do you sing occasionally? and why do you think you sing it? As for me yes I sing in the showers, the song that I sing many many times is Kryptonite from 3 doors down and I have no clue why I sing it. How about you people?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sing along with pretty much any song I play. I'm told I'm pretty good, but I think I outright suck. I'm not really trying either way, so oh well.

I don't even have a radio in the bathroom that I could sing along with... I'm not going to randomly start singing for no reason. I need accompaniment lol.

I love to sing! I come from a very musically-based family. I sing lots of different things in the shower. today, I was singin' "Proud to Be an American". Yesterday it was "God Help the Outcasts". Often times it's "Uninvited" (Alanis Morisette) Pretty much...whatever I feel like. I really can't go through life w/o music.

I don't sing in the shower. I usually think up new plot lines for this action series I'm writing. Also jokes. I don't sing in the shower because I'm sure somebody else in the house would think I was dieing.

I do all my singing in the car. Loud singing, too. Yes, I'm that annoying idiot you pull up next to, and he's playing the radio loud and singing along. Sue me. There's nothing in the DMV guidebook against singing badly.
A few weeks ago, I hurt myself pretty badly when I tried to sing "Lately" by Stevie Wonder. I was doing fine (see also: badly) until that final chorus, when Stevie decides to jump up a few octaves out of my range. I nearly choked on my own voice. I had to pull over and stop.

Now, if I had choked on my own voice in the shower, I'd have been screwed, because I probably would've drowned as well.

I used to sing in the shower, until I caught my mum listening at the door. :blush: Embarassing. Now I just think mainly. And I find out how to solve all the problems in the world, and then I forget coz my mum yells at me to get out of the shower.

"You've been in there for 10 minutes, get out NOW"

She just doesn't appreciate my genius.

I have been told before "A True musician doesn't need music others to hear, only music from himself." If any one wants to explain that to me, I dont know.

But I sing in the shower, all the time. Of course, my showers are no earllier then 8 in the morning, but I still sing. And it's not sissy crap either, its Metal. Or Rock'n'Roll. Or something like that. Mostly its songs about being alone. My Favorite's list

1. The Last Song - All American Rejects
2. For Whom the Bell Tolls - MetallicA
3. Nothing else Matters - MetallicA
4. Fade to Black -MetallicA
And even on rare, RARE, occasions...
5. Hands Down - Dashboard Confessional

There you have it, my "singing-in-the-shower" song list. Have fun, enjoy, and remember... Rock it! \m/ -_- \m/

~Plo

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Artemis [/i]
[B]I love to sing! I come from a very musically-based family. I sing lots of different things in the shower. today, I was singin' "Proud to Be an American". Yesterday it was "God Help the Outcasts". Often times it's "Uninvited" (Alanis Morisette) Pretty much...whatever I feel like. I really can't go through life w/o music. [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm just like that. I can't live without singing. I don't think I've gone a whole day without doing it. If I sing in the shower I'll do it quietly because I don't want anybody to hear me or I'll sing in my head. Sometimes I'll take my little radio in there and put it on the sink. I'll program the songs I want to play from the cd and just sing with it in the shower. I just hate it when I'm singing and people lean over to hear me.

Umm, no singing in the shower. I am a terrible singer, so I only sing when there is music to sing along with and no one around to hear me. :p Anyway, it is hard to sing while trying to think of one thing while your mind wanders aimlessly looking for something it cannot find.

Besides, [i]Big Bad Voodoo Daddy[/i] sounds a lot better when you have the music to go with it. :D

[color=hotpink][size=1]I've decided to respond as though it is a questionaire.

[b]Do you sing in the shower? [/b]
I do on occassion. It's usually if I'm in a really REALLY good mood. Or if I'm alone. I prefer to sing in the bubble bath, though.

[b]What song do you sing occasionally?[/b]
Last time I remember singing in the tub, it was after I got back from EFY and I was waiting for Ryan and his dad to hurry up and come to my house. I was singing hymns that I didn't really know the words to, so I was pretty much making words up.

I also catch myself constantly singing something to do with Stone Temple Pilots. *Shrugs* Other than that, I make up my OWN songs.

[b]And why do you think you sing it?[/b]
Because I can? I don't know...

I usually sing whenever I'm in a good mood. I'll make up a song about whatever is going on at the time. I'm strange like that. I happen to do it when I'm on the phone sometimes. ^_^;[/color][/size]

[size=1] I sing nearly any song I play if I am at least familiar with it. No one has told me how good I am due to the factual fact that I have not sang to anyone other than myself really.

Really, it's hard to, on a personal basis, tell or know if you are a good singer. You hear your voice above all others I'd say, and you just become used to it, like with an arm or a leg or glasses. It's just there.

I do have a shower radio, but I don't use it often. The radio stations we have here are crap mostly. They don't play a lot of the bands I love to death.

So I don't really sing in the shower. I usually end up thinking or something. Or, I guess, if I have a song stuck in my head, I sing the verses I know. The shower is more of a thinking place for me though..especially in the morning, which is when I usually take them; then it's like getting in gear for the rest of the day.

But yeah. I'd like to learn to play guitar.[/size]

What you're about to read, shows how much of a life I don't have.

Well, I ALWAYS sing in the shower. Really loud, and not always good. The songs I sing VARY. And I mean VARY. I could be singing a japanese song one minute and an 80s song the next, and a regular pop song the next! It's scary...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Waterflash [/i]
Well, I ALWAYS sing in the shower. Really loud, and not always good. The songs I sing VARY. And I mean VARY. I could be singing a japanese song one minute and an 80s song the next, and a regular pop song the next! It's scary... [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=indigo]
Meet too! I often sing japanese theme songs, but it could just as easily be a goldies song or even a commercial jingle. Also, I am a terrible singer! So I turn the shower way up high, and hope that the water drowns out the noise of my awful singing!

One thing I do woith songs that I really like is tape them onto a mini tape recorder- like the ones execs use to record thoughts and stuff. They're pretty cheap, portable, have built in speakers (or speaker), and you can tape anything- I usually do theme songs- on them, and listen anywhere. Even in the shower!
[/COLOR]