OtakuBoards

Are the rest of you suffering?

Motfati

[size=1] Many people think winter break is really fun. They think it brings joy, presents, a new year, and a chance to turn over a new leaf. I don't. I think that it brings complete boredom especially if you're stuck at home with nothing to do except be on a certain website you love. That's pretty much what I do all day...sit around...play Nintendo...and hang around here at the OB...There's only two other people I know that complain of this disease called "Boredomness" and I have to know...what do you people do to keep yourselves busy? Even when you're with a friend![/size]

[color=#707875]I am rarely bored, because aside from entertainment...I usually have something that I could be working on.

When I am online, I'm usually working on something, browsing news/gaming sites and talking on AIM. So that keeps me pretty occupied on here.

But when I'm not online...I do all sorts of stuff. I walk, exercise, read, play games, go out with friends, etc. And when the school year is in full steam...most of my time is spent working on projects.

So, when people tell me that they are bored...I usually recommend that they do something creative (draw, paint, write a story, start an RPG, learn some HTML, etc). If you put your mind to it, there's usually always something constructive out there for you to do. ^_^[/color]

[size=1][color=chocolate]When I am bored, I usually surf the net, read, or write.

I am not really all that busy since school has been out. I have been acting like a bum for this whole week, I should actually say.
But to occupy myself, I do things I enjoy the most, such as going on the OB.

For example, for writing. I occupy my time by writing fanfictions and they turn out pretty good, except with usually a couple of mistakes or three.
The problem with me is that all of my friends live at a far distance, and in my neighborhood there's no one there my age. They are all younger. (3-8 years old) Not saying I don't like little kids, but I really don't feel comfortable with people not my age.[/size][/color]

[size=1] Um. *glances to Gamecube* :toothy:

I actually prefer winter break to summer break since the summer break is about two and a half months long. O_o. Sometimes during the summer I get so bored I feel like going outside and feeding myself to the blood-sucking, Georgia bugs that tend to swarm around you and slowly kill you to death.

Anyways...I usually try to gain all the crap Nintendo stuffed into Super Smash Bros. Melee...because they really did stuff a whole bunch of stuff in this one. :p Or play Wind Waker. Other than that, it's either going on the internet, reading/writing, or hanging out with people. I usually don't enjoy going out as in [i]out[/i] during the winter because I'm always lazy and whatnot.

Or I draw.[/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by maladjusted [/i]
[B][size=1] Um. *glances to Gamecube* :toothy:

Anyways...I usually try to gain all the crap Nintendo stuffed into Super Smash Bros. Melee...because they really did stuff a whole bunch of stuff in this one. :p Or play Wind Waker. Other than that, it's either going on the internet, reading/writing, or hanging out with people. I usually don't enjoy going out as in [i]out[/i] during the winter because I'm always lazy and whatnot.

Or I draw.[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

what? *dies* thats all I do. but today i'm fianlly getting off my bum to go to hot topic and a really awsome manga store in new york city. Yay hot topic! no. Yay hottopic.com! *hails* online shopping lets you be lazy, no it tells you to be lazy.but i have been sleeping till about 1:00 latly... :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: ignore me i just woke up and had lotsa chocolate.

[size=1] Maladjusted has a point...winter break is much better than summer...kerr... As for video games, I can only suffer through those kinds of things for so long...then I get tired of either winning or losing...

I would love to work on projects...if I had any...*twitches*

We have an assignment for Orchestra...I'm actually thinking of doing it...*shudders* Although I'm sure everyone's excuse for not doing it will be a) I don't have a metronome b) I was on vacation or c) I lost the paper...psh...our orchestra sounds like crap anyway...except for a few perfect people like...*coughlinacough*

Wow, I'm certainly getting off topic...*goes to play nintendo* [/size]

i dont have time to be bored!!!!

got the mocks of the most important exams so far coming up rites after i return to the hell that is school (joking i love the place)!!!

they start on the 6th and all have not revised properly yet!!! arghh damn computers, anime (of course) and the internet... the designers of these things knew it was my only weakness...

In fact i should be revising now, but what am i doing......

[color=333333]I'm really enjoying not having to do anything right now. It's very relaxing and whatnot.

Especially with how stressful (or just plain [i]busy[/i]) school has been for me lately, vacation is like unto heaven.[/color]

right now, I'm surfing the net becuse my sister's not on. I need to salvage as much net time as I can. When I'm not on the net, I. . .umm. . .well. . .I think that I. . .eat,. . .read. . .play with my little cousin(really!she won't give me a momoent of peace!When she's awake and I'm on the net, she's reading every word I post!!), and I help my Grandma cook. Oh no!! The BOREDOM BUG!!!

Guest lavalamp
I'm a very lazy person, so any time that lets you do absolutely nothing is welcomed with open arms.

I can't relate to people who always have to do something.

[color=blue][size=1]When I'm bored....... well, normally I bug the hell outta those around me. But, since that wasn't on the list, I said read, write, and surf the net.

Why? I read stupid books about a centimeter thick, I write poems and stories about death and devastation, and I surf the net coming here or look for 'kawaii' pics from different sites.

Oh, and I play video games, but that wasn't on the list either. Well, I think I've answered the question.

~Bored Outta My Mind~[/color][/size]

If you're all so bored, I invite any of you to write my speech for me. It's on the economic and social impacts of World War I on the country of Russia. You'll need at least 3 sources (but probably more), no more than 1 of them being a website. Highlight important vocabulary as you go along. The length of the speech should be at least 7 minutes, if not longer. Have fun.

[size=1][color=darkblue]I cannot find myself bored, I always need to keep myself busy. I just have to be doing something. But normally I just hang with friends, read, write, draw, and am on the OB. I do tons of other things too, but thoes are the mains and basics. I also find myself playing video games alot too, but recently, I have been growing more away from video games because I don't have any more to play. That's why I was glad to get new video games at Christmas... finally some new ones to play! ^^
But I don't feel good when I don't have things to do and be lazy. Laying there as the day goes by isn't fun. XP
So I always need to be doing something, I'm not easily bored... or it's just that I'm easily entertained. XD[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Motfati [/i]
[B][size=1] Maladjusted has a point...winter break is much better than summer...kerr... As for video games, I can only suffer through those kinds of things for so long...then I get tired of either winning or losing...

I would love to work on projects...if I had any...*twitches*

We have an assignment for Orchestra...I'm actually thinking of doing it...*shudders* Although I'm sure everyone's excuse for not doing it will be a) I don't have a metronome b) I was on vacation or c) I lost the paper...psh...our orchestra sounds like crap anyway...except for a few perfect people like...*coughlinacough*

Wow, I'm certainly getting off topic...*goes to play nintendo* [/size] [/B][/QUOTE]
How about you go outside and do something then? Screwing around on a computer won't help boredem, ever. Here's a way to do it. I editted your last little paragraph here for you:

[quote]Wow, I'm certainly getting off topic...*Runs 2 miles*[/quote]

I am bored quite a bit. When I get bored, I build a web page. lol. I also just surf around on the internet, and post on my message boards. The internet has quite a lot of places to go, and never bores me. I also chat with people, when my AIM decides to work.

Well I do my best to stay active on long vacations like this.

I usually draw or work on some computer art, to occupy my mind, and keep my skills sharp.
But the bad thing about this is that I come up with so many ideas for drawings, that I can't finish them all.
Oh well.

I also like to chat on AIM and search the net every now and then. But I'm trying to stray away from that now, with college starting back up and everything.

Thats pretty much all I do to fight boredom, but sometimes even all that isn't enough to prevent it.:D

I'm bored pretty often, but I enjoy it. Being bored is like... complete bliss to me. I have no worries, and that's always good.

I love laying around and doing nothing. Probably because I'm just very very lazy.

But I'm weird like that.

Just try to enjoy your time off, that's all I can say. When school comes rolling around again, you'll probably wish you'd lived up your vacation more. That way too, when your friends ask what you did over your vacation, you can answer with enthusiasum and thought rather than "Dur, I was bored." :D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Motfati [/i]
[B][size=1] I think that it brings complete boredom especially if you're stuck at home with nothing to do except be on a certain website you love. [/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=silver][size=1]Why do you think certain people around here have such high post counts? >.>

I'm almost always bored. No matter what I'm doing. I get bored very easily. So I usually just sit online all day, doing nothing. It's sad when the activity I look forward to most during the day is taking a shower...[/size][/color]

It's actually the middle of summer here, or so it sees like it today. It's reached 41°C. And not one bit of cool air. I've had three weeks off of school like this. :drunk:

I have a job that usually requires me to work all the time, I've worked 'til midnight every night these holidays, so I'm pretty occupied for the night. During the day, I just go down town with my friends and mates, go for a ride or something. Though seeing as my bike has been stolen, it's a bit hard to go for a ride now. -_- Doesn't stop me from walking though.

I'm rarely bored. Seeing as my days and nights are usually filled with stuff I want to do, I'm hardly ever home. Though when I am home, that's most likely because I have [i]nothing[/i] to do, absolutely nothing. And you know, being bored... it hits me pretty hard. I can't stand it.