OtakuBoards

My New Banners!!

DDG

[color=navy][size=1]Well, since I love Good Charlotte, I figured I'd make a banner of them so here goes.

I scanned a photo from the little book that comes with the cd then cropped it and added words.

I really didn't do much. I would have added some effects but I'm in a bit of bad mood right now.

Tell me what you think and what I should change about it.[/color][/size]

[color=navy][size=1]Heh, not much to say, eh?

Yeah, I thought the text looked good, too. For once someone agree's with my text choice.

Gladly, with my PhotoImpression4 program, I was able to resize it nicely so it wasn't distorted or nothing.

EDIT: I am no longer using paint to make my banners. I am completely using PhotoImpression4. Here is my latest banner.

[IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=544733[/IMG]

I wasn't sure on what to put for a quote then I remembered from the game that in one of her emails she says over and over "There's still time...there's still time...there's still time..."[/color][/size]

Dunno about the first banner. It's pretty plain..only an image with text. You might want to edit the image a bit (like erase that folded part in the image).

Now, your 2nd banner is a bit better (as in it looks like ya actually tried something). First, the background doesn't clash well with the center image. The center image is light while the background...is.....er.....well...lots of bright colors. I say change the colors in the background to match with the center image (maybe shades of grey?).

While, I like the effect you tried with your font (faded and re-appearing several times scattered about), I say try to scatter them a bit more and use another font. The one you use is a bit too plain. :\

Also, you may want to add some kind of light glow around your center image to make it more focused. Dunno how that would look. Wouldn't hurt to try.

Just keep experimenting lots. ^^

[color=navy][size=1]Ok, I went back and edited my banner. I did a few of the things that you said and here's how it turned out.

[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=544777[/img]

I wasn't sure about the glow but you'll see what I did. I'm not sure if I should have lightened it up more or what. I also changed the text.[/color][/size]

[color=navy][i][font=Palatino Linotype]Heh, thanks, I thought the edited one was a lot better too.

Here's one I made after I made the unedited Aura banner.[/color][/font][/i]

[IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=544872[/IMG]

i dont like that one as much. the pictures dont match very well with the backround and its too big. everything looks way too spread out. maybe if you made it a little smaller, and maybe made the backround lighter.....yeah. that'd probably look good.

~naru-chan

I must say that that edited one is lots better. ^_^ Well, when I meant glow as in there was a glow around the image, not necessarily making the image brighter.

Your 3rd banner...the images used are pretty good. However, the background clashes with the images. Remember always try using colors that match with the images. The background your'e usign doesn't help to bring out the images. You want a focal image and to do that...your background has to help bring out the image. *nods*

Keep up the good work! Practice makes perfect. ^_^

Edit: I agree with naru...the iamges are bit too spread out too. Try making the banner small, but don't change the size of the images.

[color=navy][font=Palatino Linotype][i]Ok, I made the banner smaller and changed the background. I think this one might be a little better.

I can't believe how much better my banners look now, though. I've improved so much.

Oh, and I tried to make it glow around her, but I haven't yet discovered how to do this with PhotoImpression4. I hope to figure it out soon...[/color][/i][/font]

[IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=544898[/IMG]

Oi...it's looking better. ^_^ The background is nice, but try to make it lighter so it's subtle.

Also, I forgot to mention...add a border around all your banners. As Baron Samedi said in a topic I had posted: [i]"Banners always need borders. Even with the most backward, anti-productive Paint program, borders can be created. It is a basic 'requirement' and can enhance the look of a banner no end. Simple black ones most often accentuate your basic banner."[/i]

I completely agree...well almost. There are a few banners that look awesome without borders. ^_^

[color=navy][font=Palatino Linotype][i]Ok. I lightened up the background and put on a border.

I think it looks much better now. ^_^[/color][/font][/i]

[IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=544996[/IMG]

[color=navy][size=1]Here's a banner I made for my website. I made the background rainbowy because I wanted it to be vibrant, so it would stand out.

The cropping on Kenshin and Wolfwood wasn't the best but it still looks good.[/color][/size]