OtakuBoards

Graphic Battles... 0.o?

Shippo

[color=darkblue]
Meh, I was browsing a forum the other day, and they had something called, "Gfx((graphics)) Battles". My curiousity overwhelmed me, and I checked it out.

The concept of "Gfx Battles" is a lot like the battle arena. Accept instead of using words, you use your graphics. For example, say... I make a new thread in the Gfx Battles forum, I give a free challenge to anyone who accepts. Once someone accepts, I post my graphics, and the other person posts theirs too.

Then, fellow OBers could vote for which one they like the best. Lol, not really much of battle, but a fun concept in my opinon.

Now, the problem arises that, that board would be FULL of spam. For example saying things like "((username))" gets my vote." and things like that.
Well, it'll be like the arts & desings forum a bit. You should state a reason WHY you chose so-and-so, and why you liked it, etc.

--
Meh, I doubt they'll make this a forum, but its just an idea :)
[/color]

[color=royalblue]that sounds like an interesting idea. but there are a lot of people who dont have animation thingys so they wouldnt be able to do it. that wouldnt be very fair. and the voting thing could also turn into a lot of spam like you said.

but if that was made into a forum that would be cool. the best animater would win, and people vote for the best animater. and people could keep some sort of record of how meny wins they have.[/color]

Lol, there was graphics battle back then like Semjaza said when Vegetto was around. THough the images were, pretty plain. Polls and reasoning why you chose it were basically in the topic. I also thought that there was a deadline and on that deadline, somebody would check and post the results on the topic declaring the winner.

It could just fit in with the art forum. But if it's expansive enough, a forum devoted to it will be made probleby :D.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by G/S/B Master [/i]
[B]Lol, there was graphics battle back then like Semjaza said when Vegetto was around. THough the images were, pretty plain. Polls and reasoning why you chose it were basically in the topic. I also thought that there was a deadline and on that deadline, somebody would check and post the results on the topic declaring the winner.

It could just fit in with the art forum. But if it's expansive enough, a forum devoted to it will be made probleby :D. [/B][/QUOTE]

I was in that battle :toothy:

Anyhow, we did try on a few occasions to battle in the Art Forum, but it was eventually settled that battles belonged in the "Battle Arena" forum, and so that's where they were from then on. There have been very few battles as far as I know, and I was involved in some of them, but it is a good concept. On many forums that I visit, the Graphics Battles section is always very popular. Of course, those forums have much looser spam restrictions, and people would only post "So and So gmv," "gmv" standing for "gets my vote."