OtakuBoards

Original ideas for reality TV

ChibiHorsewoman

[color=darkviolet]I guess this should go here, right? I mean it's TV and Movie related Okay then...

Let's see there are countless reality TV topics out there now. Who wants to marry my dad, for love or money and the old stand by fear factor where contestents eat pig fetuses and go into tanks of water for only half a million dollars.

Basic idea of this post is that the subject for the show can be either a good idea or a bad idea. But you have to actually go into a bit of detail with the show or else the whole post will be a complete waste.

And now in all fairness, here's one of my ideas:

[b][u]Boot Camp[/u]

basic idea[/b] :laugh:

Contestants go through the six weeks of military basic training competing to see who can move up in phase first.

I'm not really sure of how to explain the rest of the game except that I think the whole first season would bomb because after the first week of 10K marches and having to make up songs about only wearing black socks with their BDUs the contestants may try to vote themselves out of Boot Camp.

Incentives for staying in and trying to make it to Blue Phase and graduate at the top could be things like getting to go off base and wear civilian clothes. Oh and maybe eatting things besides MREs (Meals ready to eat).

Well, there's probably the only idea I could come up with and that's because I was watching Major Payne before I got online. Well, let's see what you've got.[/color]

I really hate Reality Shows. That being said...

[U]Survivor: Harlem[/U]

10 middle-aged White Men are forced to stay in a Harlem Apartment for 1 year. Last person in this apartment (or alive) wins the $1,000,000 prize.

Or...

[U]Married By Monkeys[/U]

Instead of having America vote for who you should marry (Married By America), instead several Monkeys throw darts at a board and the space with the most darts is the one to marry.

How about...

[U]Temptation Island-Catholic Version[/U]

7 men of the Catholic Faith are put on an island resort to see who can resist temptation from 20 beautiful women for 2 months. The one who hasn't given in and had sex at the end of the show, wins. If there are multiple winners...the $100,000 prize is divvied up between them.

Or, even better (people are going to hate me)...

[U]Temptation Island-Catholic Priest Version[/U]

Seven Catholic Priests are put on an island resort to see who can resist temptation from 20 young boys for 2 months. The one who hasn't given in and had sex at the end of the show, wins. If there are multiple winners...the $100,000 prize is divvied up between them.

You may now beat me with sticks until I stop moving.

-ULX

[font=Arial][size=1][color=Indigo][u]Big Brother: B-Movie Horror Monster[/u]
Basically you get a bunch of B-Movie monster and stick em in a house for three months, as the public votes them off. There would be a strike system that would work by giving a strike to a monster each time it ravaged another housemate (or assimilated, depends on the monster). When three strikes are reached a mob of ignorant peasants with pitchforks and torches is allowed into the house to 'deal' with the monster.

The ultimate prize for the winning monster would be a holiday at Ibiza and three innocent victims to shred to bits infront of a live television audience.

:p Yeah, its silly, but it HAS to be better than half of the rubbish on TV at the moment.[/color][/size][/font]

[color=darkviolet]I'll probably get in some kind of trouble for this, but here are my next ideas for reality TV

[b]Who wants to marry my Hygenically challenged, crazy mother?[/b]

Sort of like [b]Who wants to marry my dad?[/b] but the woman up for grabs hasn't had a shower in a few months and her only toothbrush is in its original packaging. Infact, I don't think they make the brand of toothbrush anymore.

The 'winner' gets to spend a week in a padded cell with the woman to try and see if he realy wants to go through with the whole ordeal.

[b]Married by the Mofia[/b]

Exactly what it sounds like. We get some mofia people together and have them chose a guy to marry our chosen woman.

Added bonus, there won't be any of that uncompatibility after the show is over because if the guy doesn't marry the girl, he gets a pair of cement shoes and some sleep with the fishes.

[b]Last American action Idol standing[/b]

Even more painful than next action star. Even more nasty tasting than fear factor. And even more grueling than Survivor.

Contestants must do dangerous stunts, eat nasty food, sing, and build their own shelter out of whatever materials they can find. All in the space of a few hours.

Winner, or last person to be standing on his or her own two feet gets a million dollars and a recording contract.

Well, that's all we have for today, tune in next week when I come up with a theme for Who wants to be president.[/color]

[B]The $1,000,000 Phobia Challenge (Sucks, I know)[/B]

Each contestant is given one week to complete a list of challenges. They cannot recieve help from anyone, and they've got ten challenges to do. Before the show, each tells the producers their phobias, and as it turns out, each of their challenges involves their phobias. For instance, acrophobia - the fear of heights: someone has to climb up a skyscraper with only a harness and rope and retrieve a flag or something. Then they need to hook themselves into a parachute and jump off the building.

Whoever hasn't wussed out by the end of the week goes onto the Final Phobia round, where they are subjected to the ultimate challenge, which includes elements from all ten of their challenges. Winner gets $1,000,000. If everyone wusses out, then no one gets the money.

There was a reality show called [b]Boot Camp[/b] where the contestants endured military training and such. :)

[size=3][b][u]Swordfighting Master[/u][/b][/size]
Contestants who are skilled with swords must enter competitions around the world for fencing and endure crafty sword duels against others and maybe even against other contestants. The one or ones with the worst rank after a competition will be taken off the show.

This, of course, could be altered by throwing in other fighting styles such as shields or throwing things XD Fist fighting and martial arts would be fine as well :)

[QUOTE=Dragon Warrior]There was a reality show called [b]Boot Camp[/b] where the contestants endured military training and such. :)
[/QUOTE]

[color=darkviolet]Yes, I remember it on the History channel. But as I recall it was actually showing how Army basic traing was. Therefore my idea is original.

Of course if I'm wrong then well, I''m wrong and there's nothing I can do about it except send some ogres in a frilly dress after you.[/color]