OtakuBoards

A Traditional RP! [Rated R for freedom of expression! BOOYAH!]

0ber0n the Neko

Alright, I'm back!

Picture this...
A world like ours. A world of selfishness, greed, power, love, friendship, and (even if transient)peace. The world is called Sanatos, and it is the home of the Paragon. The Paragon is the ultimate symbol of power, a beautiful sword with magnificent power, and the magical aptitude to heal/kill any foe who stands against it! The problem is...

It got... misplaced...

Now it is in the hands of a rather disruptive and horrendous young ruler named Deus Marich, the Emperor of the Mantaean Empire.

Luckily for Sanatos, there is an uprising.

The (aptly named) Resistance, a group formed to limit the powers of Deus, has now issued a secret enlistment. You are on that enlistment. They will take anyone they can get... and they have a plan...

Here is what they need...

Name: (Think of something less Japanese)
Race: (Listed below)
Class: (Make one up! It's FUN! [by class I mean stuff like WARRIOR, PALADIN, CLERIC, MAGE, that sort of thing])
Weapon of Choice: (NO GOD-MOD SWORDS UNLESS APPROVED BY ME)
Weapon Style (optional, but very fun):

What side they're on: (Mantean, Resistance, Some other empire)
Why they fight: (Make it reasonable)
A BRIEF(!) History of the character:

(Any character PHYSICAL description you wish to mention (at least hair, skin, and build.))

All in all: (sum your character up in a sentence)

The Peoples of Sanatos:
Humans: Duh. Just all-around good at stuff. Ages 16-35
Elves: The popular view of elves, elegant, and dexterious. Better suited to ranged or indirect combat. Ages 35-86
Suma: Shorter than most other races, but better suited to magic than any other as well. Less HP, though. That's a bummer. Ages 16-45
Kindred: People of the forests. They are normal height, and very hard to see in any situation (good sense of camoflage). I'm thinking of a more thief-related class. Their weakness is their small reserves of magical energy. Ages 129-230
Murhyrr: Cat people. They stand at normal height, and are well suited to combat. They are proficient with pole weapons, but without a weapon, they are fairly weak. 16-35
Tanni: Dog people. They get on surprisingly well with the Murhyrr. They are much stronger, and able to use hand-to-hand combat efficiently, but weapons are hard for them to get. 16-35
Kame: Spirits that have regained a body are called Kame. Many are blind, which limits their use of ranged weapons, but they are quick, and able to use many types of weapons. They are very wise, and have a small recollection of their past lives. Ummmm... 298-500

Okay, now that that's all cleared up...

Name: Tanken Furmen
Race: Kame
Class: Crescent Knight
Weapon of Choice: Two long swords, and a pair of hand to hand gauntlets, and a puppet.
Weapon Style: Crescent Style (two swords, gauntlets and some minor sealing spells.) (He uses one sword primarily, but for special techniques, out comes the other sword.)

What side he's on: Resistance
Why he fights: To find a purpose for his life
History of the character: He was a Myrhyrr in his past life, an elite of the Elite Crescent Knights. He knew every technique (although he only knows about 55% of them in his new body) of the Crescent Style. Although, he traded off something very precious to attain this knowledge. The girl he once loved married a noble, and he was left a lonely man. His soul left his body unsatisfied, and he has been given another chance to live his life. Unfortunately, he has no recollection of what he is living this life for, and, true to form, is again trying to remember the many techniques he knew in his past life. He knows, however, deep inside, that love is much more important than this pursuit of technique. His motives for joining The Resitance are well kept to himself, and his motives for fighting Deus are even more obscure. He keeps to himself, but will open up to those who decide to talk to him.

Body: He is a Myrhyrr in this life as well.
Hair: Black and short
Skin: Somewhat tan, but not much. Has a tattoo on his upper right arm, signifying him as a Kame.
Eyes: A bright red. He is not blind.
Build: He is medium-heavily built. He appears strong, but not nearly as strong as he actually is. He is tall, but only a bit taller than an average human.
Clothing: Lightly armored shirt and pants (green), a Cloak (also green), and a pair of lightly armored boots (green again) All bear the crescent moon, the symbol of the crescent knight. (Somewhat of a modern look, but with a bit of European rennaisance)
Overall Appearance: Attractive, but definetely not bishonen.

All in all: The Technique obsessed Knight with a power complex

ALSO: THIS IS A FUTURISTIC WORLD! Let's see some futuristic implementations!

Name: Meteo Dragoon
Race: Human
Class: Samurai Knight
Weapon of Choice: Twin Katanas
Weapon Style: Bushido

What side they're on: The Wu Empire and which is an ally to the Resistance
Why they fight: To return the Paragon to it's rightful shrine and Guard it.
A BRIEF(!) History of the character: Meteo has worked under the Wu Empire after he has learned Bushido and continues his training. The Wu Empire sent Meteo to take care of the Paragon and return it to it's rightful Resting place or at least training. Meteo doesn't take the enemy lightly because of his warrior training and his pride.

All in all: A honourable, proud, and powerful warrior that fights for justice.

[FONT=Times New Roman]Just so everyone knows, I know 0ber0n the Neko outside of OB and have better access to the internet than he does. So, if you have a question, you could ask me or him, it's just that I'll probably have the same response back to you sooner. For right now he says to make sure to include a physical description of your character.

Also, to any moderators who eye the rating for this post suspiciously, 0ber explained it thusly: it is rated as a [I]potential[/I] R, depending on [I]if[/I] those participating in the post choose for it to [I]deserve[/I] an R rating. (I really just expect about a PG-LV rating for it.) If that made any sense, okay. If not, it's his fault.

Now for my character.

Name: Halthan Leiomure
Race: Kindred
Class: Thief/Wanderer
Weapon of Choice: Twin cestuses. I think that's how you spell it. Also small knives, daggers, kunai, stilletos, etc. for more convenient assassination methods.
Weapon Style: Fullmoon Windstrike
Appearance: Halthan has dark brown hair and dark green eyes. He is about 5'8". He has one of those crazy hats. You know, the huge wide-brim kind? It's dark blue. He wears lightweight clothers with dark, earthy colors that blend in with his surroundings. He has various sashes useful for concealing weapons, and a large sack. For loot. Because he's a thief. He also keeps his lower face concealed with a scarf.

Side: Resistance
Reason for Fighting: Sheer monetary profit, glory, and maybe somewhere down there, smothering in greed, is an inkling of doing what's right.
History: Halthan grew up in the Kindred forest city of Narhiltowan. When he completed his basic worldlore, combat, and stealth training at the age of 130, he set out on his own, common for Kindred youths to do. Several years ago, when he heard of Deus' find of the Paragon, the consequent conquests, and the formation of the Resistance, he began to feel the first pangs of Kindreds' greed. I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but, should the Resistance storm the imperial palace, there's bound to be a fair amount of loot, am I right?

All in all: The very untrustworthy-seeming, shifty character with a potential heart of gold. Er- bronze. Copper? Um... lead, at least.[/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][B]Name:[/B] Namia (means swift cat)
[B]Age:[/B] 27
[B]Gender:[/B] Female
[B]Race:[/B] Murhyrr
[B]Class:[/B] Claw Spear
[B]Weapon of Choice:[/B] A long curved headed spear (like the ones of .hack)
[B]What side they're on:[/B] Resistance
[B]Why they fight:[/B] Because she wants to...and she loves it.
[B]A BRIEF(!) History of the character:[/B]

Namia grew up with her mother and two sisters. Like all Murhyrr kits, she played with other kits like kittens do, learning how to hunt and attack from their playing.

Soon, Namia discovered she had a knack for combat and was trained by the Murhyrr elder herself. She became quite a warrior and took a liking to spear combat. Although most other races think that Murhyrr are useless without their weapons, Namia trained herself to be able to defend herself enough to escape. She honed her skills on flexibility and jumping, as the Murhyrr had already had these as their natural skills.

Namia joined the Resistance because she felt herself worthy to be recruited and all she wants is a good fight!

[B]All in all:[/B] This cat has claws!

See attachment for her appearance. Excuse the nakedness.[/FONT]

Name: Luthien
Race: Human
Class: Loner Ranger
Weapon of Choice: A long curved scimitar plus a long curved dagger.
What side they're on: Resistance (If you have too many and want me to be on a different side just pm me please)
Why they fight: Its all he's ever known
A BRIEF(!) History of the character: Luthinen has been fighting for his life since he was 4years old when he found his dagger. At the age of 14 he discovered his love for the scimitar as well. He has lived his whole life in the wastelands of Sanatos finding food from wherever, and whatever he could. He's never had anyone love him, and since the death of his parents, he distances himself from any allies he had ever known.

[B]Name: [/B] Vincent Wurlitzer
[B]age:[/B]26
[B]gender[/B]: male
[B]race:[/B] Human
[B]Class:[/B] Mercenary
[B]Weapon of Choice:[/B] Sword and small sheild attached to left arm
[B]What side they're on:[/B] Resistance/ Does own thing
[B]Why they fight:[/B] He's a Mercenary, a soldier for hire, so he fights on the side of whoever pays the most.
[B]A BRIEF(!) History of the character:[/B] -i'll do this bit later-
[B]All in all:[/B] a guy that takes no crap

Great posts, everyone! All we need are a few enemy characters, (No, Drizzt, you don't have to be one.) and we're pretty much set. Yes, Rhym is an advocate of mine, so I will tell him to get online and post new information for me on occasion.

[size=4]WE ALSO NEED MORE FEMALE CHARACTERS! ^_^[/size]

Keep up the good work, and feel free to edit your players if you want a little more freedom. Remember! CREATIVITY IS WHAT IS KEY HERE!

^_^ By the way, If anyone wants to be Deus....

THESE ARE HIS STATS!

Name: Emp. Deus Marich
Race: Elf
Class: Zodiac Warrior
Weapon of Choice: Paragon, the choice of all swords
Weapon Style: Dragon Wing, Monkey Fist

What side they're on: Mantaean Empire
Why they fight: For power, for glory, and for conquest.
History of the character: A generally evil and bad-tempered guy, who was abandoned at an early age from the Arcadan empire. He learned to fight from a group of nomads moving through the land, and found that he was adept at fighting in the form of a zodiac. He went on to conquer greater and greater enemies, until they supported and erected the mantaean empire. He is evil. Very evil, but very devoted to his Empire. He would rather die than have his men massacred because of him.

Hair: Black and long.
Skin: Dark, with the symbol of exile imprinted on it.
Eyes: Yellow (due to his bond with the dragon and the monkey)
Build: Muscular, but not overly so. He is large, and very quick.
Clothing: Think EVIL ROYAL EMPEROR PERSON clothes

All in all: The bad apple that's still good got good seeds. (^_^ ummm I just made that up now...)

0ber, I shall gratfully accept the main evil man ( I prefer bad guys )

So, I guess that youalready know my stats. There right above me. Although, if I could make one change. I have a picture istead of a discription.

Apperance: [url]http://www.xgam.org/xenogears/fanart/engelus_id.jpg[/url]

(PM me if thats ok..)

Name: Raion Leader of The Shinjiro Clan (Raion Japanese for Lion)
Race: Murhyrr
Class: Shinjiro Warrior
Weapon of Choice: Shinjiro Sword of Flames (Does fire damage if u played any of those deadly alliance games you know)
Weapon Style: Fury of Shinjiro

What side they're on: Shinjiro Clan (also the resistance)
Why they fight: They are afraid of what will happen if it is not returned.
History of the character: Raion is the leader of the Shinjiro clan which was made by his ancestors 300 years ago. His father was a leader and his grandfather before. Raion fights for one reason and one reason only... Honor ... Shinjiro Warriors have a life goal, That goal is to win great battles during life. The Shinjiro clan closely follow the ways of the samurai. If they are shamed in battle they must take there own life?s.

Body: A Murhyrr
Hair: Long Orange Mane
Skin: Tanish Fur
Eyes: Golden Yellow
Build: Heavily Built, Strong, Tall
Clothing/Overall Appearance: [URL=http://ewancient.lysator.liu.se/pic/art/g/u/guee/lionwarrior.jpg]Raion[/URL]

Hope this is ok if not ill understand.... well i might say a few bad words but ill understand

[color=green][font=trebuchet ms]Wait..don't count me out!...

[b]Name:[/b] Prince Cairo of Oxenol

[b]Age:[/b] 18

[b]Race:[/b] Human

[b]Class:[/b] Oxenol Elite

[b]Weapon Of Choice:[/b] Double Edged Sword Of Oxenol (family hierloom),a Shield with the royal crest of Oxenol imprinted on it, and a Bow and arrows.

[b]What side you're on:[/b] The Kingdom of Oxenol were loyal allies to some of the Murhyrr, and Tanni races (Resistance).

[b]Why they fight:[/b] The Mantaean Empire were once allies with Oxenol, but Deus soon betrayed the kingdom, by killing the king, kidnapping the queen, and expanding his empire by claiming Oxenol as his own. Now, Cairo wants his mother back, his kingdom back, and to avenge his father's death.

[b]A BRIEF(!) History of the character:[/b] Cairo was born into the lap of luxury being the only hier to the throne of Oxenol. Although he was a prince, he had a great passion for the art of combat, he soon learned all of what was required to be a soldier in his father's army, his father was so impressed that he hired people from all over just to teach Cairo many forms of fighting. After seeing his father killied, his mother kidnapped, his kingdom dimolished, and not doing anything about it, he thought now was the time to take stand and make Deus Marich pay!!

[b]Hair:[/b] Short and black
[b]Skin:[/b] Brown Skinned
[b]Eyes:[/b] Dark Brown
[b]Build:[/b] 5'10'' 180lbs. Muscular
[b]Clothing:[/b] Black short Cape, white knitted undershirt, brown knited overshirt, brown pants, black long boots.

[b]All in all:[/b] A royal kick in the ***...[/color][/font]

[COLOR=GREEN]Whoa! This one has a lot of detail. You said you needed more female characters, since amgoddess seems to be the only one signed up as one so far, so here I am. But is it alright if I'm not a baddie? I will be if it seems too inbalanced, so just PM me if you need me to change it. Now, onto my sign-up!
--------------------
[B]Name:[/B] Terranali (Terra for short)
[B]Age:[/B] 21
[B]Gender:[/B] Female
[B]Race:[/B] Murhyrr
[B]Class:[/B] Thief
[B]Weapon of Choice:[/B] Spirit Pole (steel, can extend to any length from 10cm to 10 meters)
[B]Weapon Style:[/B] Shin Torent- "Pouncing Tiger" technique

What side they're on: Resistance (if posible)

Why they fight: Terra has always held a firm grasp on the idea of helping those who are wrongfully oppressed. She also knows first hand, or at least holds the opinion, that those in charge aren't always right.

History: The village where Terra grew up was seeped in very old, traditional values. She desperately wanted to train under the "Pouncing Tiger" style, but was forbade from being conventionally taught because this was a disiplin strickly for men. However, this didn't stop her from observing the training sessions and training in secret.
This blatent disregard for authority caused her to develop a rebelious, almost thieving, personality. She left her village at age 17 and has wandered through the country ever since.

Appearance: Terra has dark green eyes and short, reddish-brown hair, and pail skin. She usually wears a long black coat over a worn cream-colored halter top, baggy tan pants, and black boots.

All in all: Terra is rebelious at times, but she has a good heart.[/COLOR]

OOC: nobody wants to help me * sobs * So, I will help me.

Name : Dias Flac
Apperance: [url]http://www.ammosart.com/games/dias.jpg[/url]
Race: Elf / Human
Class: High Defender / Samurai
Weapon of Choice: Katana ( Jupon ) [url]http://tokyo.cool.ne.jp/tengoku/3D/katana.jpg[/url]
Weapon Style : Muri-no-gatana-fei-munata. ( take no prisoners, leave no doubts )

What side thier on : Empire

Why he fights : Simply put, Power, he wishes to one day take the sacred Paragon. He has studied under the emperior for many years. His right hand man. He is better than the emperior in all forms of combat. The only reason he is not able to surpass him, Paraon. With his skill and the Paragon in his possesion, he would be able to rule the land hands down.

History : Not even the Emperior himself knows for sure, he one day showed up in the city. He was the leader of a ruthless gang of cut-throats. He challanged the emperior to a duel, not knowing of this paragon. He has been the emperors field-agent ever since. Nothing else is known about him.

* I will flesh him out as we go along. I just dont want to be by myself *

[color=#811C3A]Wow, I'm surprised this thread has gone on so long without any intervention.

Please be aware of the sticky thread in this forum, which states that all RPGs must carry correct ratings (we don't have an R rating, and it's necessary to have a rating that lets other members know what to expect at a glance).

As per our rules, this thread must now be closed. However, if you like, you can [b]re-post[/b] the thread with the correct rating -- after you've read the sticky thread.

If you have any questions, please use the Suggestions & Feedback forum.[/color]