OtakuBoards

who listens to metallica

Guest shippo-4-u

[color=darkslategray]What is yours? Why is it your favorite? Share your thoughts, okies? ^_^

I am not a big fan, but I absolutely love their Black Album. My favorite song [if I'm forced to pick one out of that album] would have to be "Nothing Else Matters". I have a personal reason to back that up, but I'm not sure if I'm willing to explain...it really makes me sad to think of it.

However, I'll tell you a little on why I love it. The song, like all the other songs on that album, is just full of emotion. Pain, love, anger, frustration, all contributed to the song. I don't know about other fans, but every time I listen to that song, I can just feel whatever was going on. The whole album was just moving.

Their new stuff isn't as great anymore. I just don't get that same feeling of listening to their new stuff. It doesn't seem to have any feeling in the music; it feels mechanical.[/color]

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

I've been a fan of Metallica for about the last three or so years, I own about three or four albums [having borrowed the others off friends] but I can't stand their new stuff. I'd have a hard time choosing one song from all the stuff I've heard, but if someone was to put a gun to my head and ask I suppose I'd have to side with "[I]Whiskey in the Jar[/i]". Yes I'm biased because it's an Irish song, originally based on a war poem, but also because Metallica's version of WitJ is far, far better than Thin Lizzy's.

As per my favourite music video of theirs I'd have to say "[I]I Disappear[/I]", but only because it's the only one I've seen [I don't watch MTV much]. ID was actually the song that originally got me into Metallica and remains one of my favourite songs by the group. In answering the final question I don't really have a favourite member of the group, although since Lars Ulrich did found the band he does get major points. Actually as a drummer Ulrich is one of the best I've heard so far, so he'd probably get my vote. [/SIZE]

[font=Century Gothic][color=gray]Funny, I have Metalica blasting at the moment.[/color][/font]

[font=Century Gothic][color=gray][/color][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][color=gray]Anyway, A favorite song is hard to pick, as always, because all of their work is genious. I still love thier recent work, but it's not as great, I agree. Mnn, if I [i]had[/i] to pick one song, I'd have to say Sad But True, though The Unforgiven runs a quick second.[/color][/font]
[font=Century Gothic][color=gray]As for Video and Band Member? No comment.[/color][/font]

Yay, finally a Metallica thread! Well, I'm being serious when I say I'm probably the biggest Metallica fan here, I'm completely obsessed with them, I know WAYYY too much about them, I've seen em live, and I think they're the greatest band of all time. Anyways, hmmmm...my favorite Metallica song? Well, that's way to hard, so I'll pick a few. My favorite speed metal song by them is Fight Fire with Fire, my favorite acoustic song by them is a tie between Fade to Black and One, my favorite song with the best lyrics is Welcome Home...(Sanitarium), my favorite cd by them is Master of Puppets (my favorite cd of all time), my favorite older song by them is Seek and Destroy, my favorite newer song by them is Dirty Window, what else? I haven't seen to many of their videos, but I'd have to say my favorite one is the video to Nothing Else Matters, because it's like a behind the scenes making of the song, and it totally goes perfect with the song itself. My favorite member, despite the fact I love them all, would have to be Kirk Hammett. He's my idol, my favorite guitarrist of all time. I'm play guitar myself, and I totally idolize Kirk Hammet as being one of the greatest guitarrists of all time. Ya, I think that's enough for now. I still haven't seen Some Kind of Monster, but I'm dying to. Oh, one last thing: Who's your favorite bass player for Metallica, since they've had a few? My personal fave is Cliff Burton. You'll agree once you listen to Kill Em All and hear Anesthesia(Pulling Teeth).

• 3 weeks later...
Guest DeadlyRaven
yay! metallica! i love metallica! my friend had burned me St. Anger and im so thrilled! my favourite song from Metallica has to be "Some Kind of Monster", "Devil's Dance" or "The Unforgiven."

• 4 weeks later...
[font=Verdana][size=2]I love Metallica. They're my all-time favourite. Nothing can beat them.[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2][/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2][b]The Memory Remains[/b] is the best song ever. The videoclip is also just as awesome. [b]The Unforgiven II[/b] is also a great song, with a great vidioclip. I don't have a favourite band member, though Kirk Hammett is a great lead guitarist. He's pulled off some of the best solos I've ever heard.[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2]They're new DVD Some Kind Of Monster is a good look into the band. It's a documentary type movie, but trust me, if you love Metallica as much as I do, you'd love this DVD. The whole band, the history and the present, is put into a great ture-story.[/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2]I've got all their albums. From Kill 'Em All, right through to St. Anger. I do admit, they're newer music is getting a bit out of whack compared to their old stuff, but you still gotta love it. [b]St. Anger[/b] is a great song out of their newer stuff, aswell as [b]The Unnamed Feeling[/b].[/size][/font]

Yeah, i listen to metallica. Not heard all of there songs..But there are some great ones!
Some of my favs: st.anger, enter sandman, i dissapear, master of puppets, fade to black etc.

My Co-Admin just opened an awesome Metallica board, if anyone's interested i can link y'all. :)

[size=1]Oh man, Metallica, I grew up on these guys. The first song I ever remember listening to(other than Rammstien - Du Hast) was Metallica - Enter Sandman. I link metallica songs to most of my memories.

It's hard to choose just one specific song to be my favorite so I think i'll put down 2 or 5 or 20.. and they would be:

My Friend of Misery
King Nothing
Through the Never
Nothing Else Matters
Whiskey in the jar
Fade To black
Until It Sleeps
All within my hands

I better stop before I end up putting every single one of their songs down ;x

As for my favorite band member, <3 James Hetfield <3, of course. I got their St. Anger album (which was mostly crap, by the by) and got to stare at him while watching them warm up for a concert or some such thing. I love his enthusiasm.[/size]

Guest CodeOfVULGARism
I love Metallica. I think Alot of there new stuff is alittle off but I love their old stuff. I think my favorite song would be between Enter the Sandman and I Dissapear. I Have about three of their albums. I have the black album, Garage inc.,and Reload.
I'm not attempting to get St. anger cuz my friend said it wasn't as good and up to there level of style like the other albums.

Ahh, the mighty Metallica! They are, without a doubt, my favorite band. They were the band that made me have a broader taste in music. My favorite song would probably be Blackened...but it's hard for me to narrow them down to just one. I mean, Fight Fire With Fire, Seek and Destroy, Creeping Death, Sad But True, man, all are classics. Favorite video? Hmmm...I think I would have to go with One. Though I did like Frantic. My favorite member? Never really thought about it. I guess I would say James. He just seems like a really cool guy.

[quote name='TOTALIMMORTAL']Yay, finally a Metallica thread! Well, I'm being serious when I say I'm probably the biggest Metallica fan here, I'm completely obsessed with them, I know WAYYY too much about them, I've seen em live, and I think they're the greatest band of all time.[/quote]

I think I can give you a big run for your money there man! lol

Anyways I am Metallica obsessed. They are one of my favourite bands and are the first Metal bands i got into. I have so many favourite albums and songs it is imposible to pick. But I would deffinatly have to say that the first album [I]Kill Em All[/I]is my favourite ablum. Its not that it has my favourite songs on it but the album as a whole is incredible. With songs such as Motor Breath, The four Horseman and No life til leather, are songs which carry their own aura and make the album so powerful. Also Cliff's bass solo is breath taking!

Ride the lightening is one I hold in high regard as it has For Whom the Bell tolls on it which is a landmark Metallica song. Also the album helped to develop Metelicas melodic sound and take them away from the straight foward thrash metal direction they were in.

Master of Puppets is a Masterpiece of Metal. It is proably the best Metallica albums and to a greater extent, one of the best heavy metal albums of all times. Its the album which really put them on the map!

...And Justice for all is a great album but the song one is what really stands out on that album. One is a awesome song with the best guitar solo ive ever heard on it!

I like the other Metallica albims but they don't messure up to their earlier work in my opion. My favourite line up of Metallica is the original line up with Burton( God rest his soul ). Metallica are one of the most influencal bands of all time.

People say Black Sabbath created Heavy Metal, well Metallica definatly refined it!

I'm really not much of a hardcore Metallica fan by any means, to be honest. Although, I've been listening to them on and off for a few years now. Before that, I have cousins who would constantly blare their music whenever I was around. So I'd like to think that I have been at least properly exposed to make proper judgement when it comes to my favorite albums/songs.

So, album-wise, I'm mad about Master of Puppets and the Justice album. :D

But I can't really narrow it down to any one song. So, I'll just list off a few of those I like most. Battery, Orion, To Live Is To Die, Stone Cold Crazy.