OtakuBoards

The Who

BondFanatic

[COLOR=DarkOrange]I rather like the Who. There's an energy in their music that you don't get often anymore. Keith Moon is on my list of top drummers.

I'd have to say my favorite album's Tommy. Please don't ask me why, because I have no clue. I only saw the movie once, and that was almost six years ago now, so I don't remember much.

As for favorite song, the ironically named "A Quick One While He's Away" would have to be on the top of the list. The drums are [i]insane[/i]. Plus all the funny voices Pete and the guys are making...

I would pay gladly if I could find their performance on The Smother's Brothers...boom...heh heh heh...[/COLOR]

I love the Who, the consistently make my top 10 and sometimes even top 5 faves. As Ozy said, they capture an energy that most can never dream of, but to me its more than that. They never ceased innovating, they pioneered what has sadly become punk rock (there is a connection, although slim), they took the raw emotion and character of an entire generation and captured it in musical excellence that reaches across generations with its unparalleled understanding and depth.

That said, they had some cool party songs too.

Fave of the Who is Teenage Wasteland, or Baba O'Reilly.

[COLOR=DarkOrange][quote name='Raid3r']I love the Who, the consistently make my top 10 and sometimes even top 5 faves. [/quote]

Hee. They're consistantly in my top three. :p

[quote]That said, they had some cool party songs too.

Fave of the Who is Teenage Wasteland, or Baba O'Reilly.[/QUOTE]

Aren't these the same song? Baba O'Reilly is one my favorite songs list, as well as Won't Get Fooled Again. There's a funny story about that song, actually... [/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Ozymandius Jones][COLOR=DarkOrange]

Hee. They're consistantly in my top three. :p

Aren't these the same song? Baba O'Reilly is one my favorite songs list, as well as Won't Get Fooled Again. There's a funny story about that song, actually... [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

What I meant was Teenage Wasteland (AKA Baba O'Reilly)

I've only got a few problems with The Who (And their rather big...) A) I find that they had a few songs, then a lot of others songs that sound very much like these ones. B) I rather prefer the simillarily named The Guess Who and C) I prefer Musicians who make songs that are deep, songs that connect and have a deeper plotline to be observed and studied so that the fun continues after the song ends.

Still, I like Teenage Wasteland, it's not a bad song and I like the lyrics.

[QUOTE=SadBlue]I've only got a few problems with The Who (And their rather big...) A) I find that they had a few songs, then a lot of others songs that sound very much like these ones. B) I rather prefer the simillarily named The Guess Who and C) I prefer Musicians who make songs that are deep, songs that connect and have a deeper plotline to be observed and studied so that the fun continues after the song ends.

Still, I like Teenage Wasteland, it's not a bad song and I like the lyrics.[/QUOTE]

A) The Who have enough variance that a few songs in each style category don't really hurt them. Each song regardless of style has its own energy, and that alone prevents monotany.

B) Um... so what?

C) Buy Tommy and tell me this still holds true for you.

[COLOR=DarkOrange][QUOTE=Ozymandius Jones][COLOR=DarkOrange]

I would pay gladly if I could find their performance on The Smother's Brothers...boom...heh heh heh...[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

If I may be so crass as to quote myself...:p

I found it, both online and also on "The Kids Are Alright," which I ordered and should be here tomorrow/Fridayish. Yay!

But I did have a question for you. I can recognize all the Beatle by voice instantly. I can usually tell if it's Roger or Pete singing with the Who. But I can't figure out who did the really deep voices in "Boris the Spider" and "Summertime Blues." Was that John?[/COLOR]