OtakuBoards

Silent Hill the movie:True or False?

Howlingvampire4

[QUOTE=TailTactics]Im not sure but i would be psyched if there was. It seems true for now, all i did was google Silent Hill Movie.
For the record i played all the silent hills except the first one..huh. :animeswea[/QUOTE]

:animesmil That's funny, I didn't play any of the silent hill games EXCEPT for the first one. I've seen lots of trailers on prt 4:the room though, I gotta get it. I played a little bit of prt 2, but I never got to finish. :animecry:

Anyways, back to the topic, if there IS a movie how do you think It'll look?

[QUOTE=Howlingvampire4]:animesmil That's funny, I didn't play any of the silent hill games EXCEPT for the first one. I've seen lots of trailers on prt 4:the room though, I gotta get it. I played a little bit of prt 2, but I never got to finish. :animecry:

Anyways, back to the topic, if there IS a movie how do you think It'll look?[/QUOTE]

yeah looks like were in an opposite position. you played the first while i hadnt but i played the rest you hadnt. :animesmil yeah part four is really good, but my favorite is three. on the other hand, i hope they dont make this movie into nonsensible crap like thry had with Resident Evil: Apocalypse, especially when Alice [I]fought[/I] Nemesis. And they twisted Jill's character by making her highly egotistical. I guess thats just hollywood for ya. (I've played the games and read all the Resident Evil books by S.D Perry (good books, just like the game) and Jill is nothing like that. Also the whole Ashford incident, it made no sense when you compare it with the game or book...Nicholai died too fast, Carlos looks like he's 40...Anyway, i hope they dont make this movie garbage.
for the topic, i think they will put those pyramid heads in with some nurse demons and i heard in the first one you could hear babies crying and see footsteps, they could add that too. lets not forget the fog. it would be imparitive to add fog in a silent hill movie. I also hope they add some mystery and problem solving (like they should have done with Resident Evil.) Im sorry, i cant but help compare the two.

yea, you're right, resident evil 2 was a little bad, I think part one was better, it stuck more to the game.
Also, the silent hill movie SHOULD be good, I mean, with all of the new technology, and graphics, they shoulde be able to make some decent looking creatures. And, in prt one, they had some weird looking creatures.(including mutant doctor and nurses) There was one prt where some girl's face started to get all bloody, and that prt was crazy in the game, I can only imagine what it would look like in a movie! :animenose And, I'm not really sure if I'm right about this baby part, but I do remember seeing footsteps and hearing something like an infant, I think THAT is what you're talking about. I remember really freaking out at that part, because you say black footsteps, but that you saw like a sorta invisible, but faded little baby sorta walking and crying. That part creep the heck outta me. If they were to include that, that would probably the freakiest thing in the movie. :animestun

[QUOTE=Howlingvampire4]yea, you're right, resident evil 2 was a little bad, I think part one was better, it stuck more to the game.
Also, the silent hill movie SHOULD be good, I mean, with all of the new technology, and graphics, they shoulde be able to make some decent looking creatures. And, in prt one, they had some weird looking creatures.(including mutant doctor and nurses) There was one prt where some girl's face started to get all bloody, and that prt was crazy in the game, I can only imagine what it would look like in a movie! :animenose And, I'm not really sure if I'm right about this baby part, but I do remember seeing footsteps and hearing something like an infant, I think THAT is what you're talking about. I remember really freaking out at that part, because you say black footsteps, but that you saw like a sorta invisible, but faded little baby sorta walking and crying. That part creep the heck outta me. If they were to include that, that would probably the freakiest thing in the movie. :animestun[/QUOTE]
befor the resident evil apocalypse movie came out, i was sure to play all the games and read all the books. what im getting at is maybe you should play the games before the movie comes out that way you have total understanding of whats going on and would be able to relate them to each other...and i should play the first one.. :animesmil

[quote name='TailTactics']befor the resident evil apocalypse movie came out, i was sure to play all the games and read all the books. what im getting at is maybe you should play the games before the movie comes out that way you have total understanding of whats going on and would be able to relate them to each other...and i should play the first one.. :animesmil[/quote]

yea, well the first one was very good, but I can't really compare it to the others. I've only played a little of prt 2, and seen a bunch of creepy screenshots of prt 3, and seen A LOT of crazy trailers of prt 4. O, and by the way, did u check out that link that other sent? I saw it, and OMG there IS gonna be a movie! :wow: I can't wait for that movie. I read the plot though, it sucks that they aren't gonna really stick to the game. Instead of a guy searching for a daughter, it will be a woman. :animeangr

• 2 weeks later...
True, or False?

True. I read about it on some website, and they had quite a bit of info on it. It was some company website. I don't remember what their name was, but I know it was one of the main companies that are working to make it.

From what I heard its suppose to be pretty good. I just hope that it really will be. I also hope they don't change too many things about. It would be cool if they kept it fairly close to the actual game plot-lines...

I recall reading an article on IGN that had a quote from the writer (Roger Avary, co-writer of Pulp Fiction), and he seemed to be a fan of the Silent Hill games, so hopefully things will remain faithful. They began shooting a while ago, in Canada. A quick Google search turned [url="http://photobucket.com/albums/v299/theatmaweapon/silenthillmovie/"][b]this[/b][/url] out, which are supposedly pictures from the set of the movie (They were linked to on IGN as well).

Some guy on some message board said that [url="http://www.resident-evil-community.com/host/shlogo.gif"][b]this image[/b][/url] was released at a recent Konami press conference, and that this is the movie's official logo, but I don't see any credibility in it (it looks nice, yeah, but it could just be a Photoshop).

At least Uwe Boll isn't involved, eh?

[QUOTE]True. I read about it on some website, and they had quite a bit of info on it. It was some company website. I don't remember what their name was, but I know it was one of the main companies that are working to make it.

From what I heard its suppose to be pretty good. I just hope that it really will be. I also hope they don't change too many things about. It would be cool if they kept it fairly close to the actual game plot-lines...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, well I checked out that site that a moderator posted in this thread, and it shows that there IS a movie, and what the plot is and everything!

Unfortunately, it doesn't stick to the video game as much as I had hoped. like if you played prt 1, u were playing as a guy(Harry Mason) looking for his daughter. Well, in the movie, it is a woman searching for her daughter. She ends up going to silent hill against her husband's wishes to take her daughter to a spiritual healer(?) then her daughter gets lost and she goes looking for her, and she is following her daughter's shilohuette around the town.They stuck to that much from the game. The guy is doing the same thing, but he came to silent hill for vacation, but then something happened, and he lost his duaghter and was following a faint image of her through the town. Well look down this thread for that thing the moderator posted, the go to plot, and you will find it.

O yeah, and I JUST beat silent hill 3! :D

• 1 month later...
I don't feel like really getting into it now, but if anyone has any Silent Hill questions, ask specific ones. I will be happy to answer them, as I own every single one and each of thier soundtracks. Usually I like to go in a Silent Hill forum and dance around my fanboy love of SH. lol But its a bit late.:animesmil

In the meantime folks, look [URL=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0384537/]HERE[/URL].

I've been hearing about a Silent Hill movie for a while now so it's probably going to come out eventually. I fear for it not because of it's nature but because the movie industry will probably ruin it completely just like most games-to-films. They better not, I love Silent Hill too much and I don't want to see a crappy movie about it.

The plot has been altered severly but it will keep its same characters from the original, including Dahlia, and Harry (My hero!). However in the movie, it seems to focus on Alessa and Rose. (Harry's wife, who is supposed to be dead, might I add. :animeangr ) I will see the movie and I know I will love it. Then again, I may be a biased opinion.

Guest Warmaster
Well, since my man Sean Bean is going to be in it, I might actually watch the film. I doubt it will be any good, but perhaps he can save it from being a complete disaster.

[quote name='Warmaster']Well, since my man Sean Bean is going to be in it, I might actually watch the film. I doubt it will be any good, but perhaps he can save it from being a complete disaster.[/quote]

Sean Bean, good actor. Sean Bean as Harry. *thumbs down* I think David Duchovany would have been a better choice.

[quote name='Cabby']Sean Bean, good actor. Sean Bean as Harry. *thumbs down* I think David Duchovany would have been a better choice.[/quote]

Um......who is Sean Bean? Like can you tell me some rolls he has played, or what movies he's been in? :animeswea Also, Yeah! I totally agree, David Duhckovany would be a REAL good choice.Oh, and I was wonderin who do you guys think should play Harry's wife? :animesmil

[quote name='Howlingvampire4']Um......who is Sean Bean? Like can you tell me some rolls he has played, or what movies he's been in? :animeswea Also, Yeah! I totally agree, David Duhckovany would be a REAL good choice.Oh, and I was wonderin who do you guys think should play Harry's wife? :animesmil[/quote]

No one should play his wife, I am so upset they put her in, at the point, I dont care if it's [URL=http://us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/columbia_pictures/men_in_black_ii/rip_torn/cod.jpg]Rip Torn[/URL].

Sean Bean is no longer Harry btw, they changed his name to Christopher, looks like our hero is not in the movie. Now, I officially do not care for the characters....

But because you asked....[URL=http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000293/]SEAN BEAN[/URL]

[quote name='Sanoske_Interow']I have heard that it is true but will take time to be developed........I also hear that the storyline is going to be F***ed up but thats just a rumor.........but I do know one thing if Silent Hill does come out its going to be right up there with all the good game movies........[/quote]

Check the imdb site, Homeslice. Good source of officiall stuff.

[font=Verdana][size=2][color=blue]Cabby, double posting is not allowed here. If you would like to add more to your original post, please use the edit button. Also, when you are posting, please make sure the post has some content to it. "SEVERE UPDATE!" does not constitute content and will only produce spammy replies. The same goes for you Sanoske_Interow - make sure your posts contain some content that will promote discussion. This is why your posts were deleted.[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Verdana][size=2][color=blue]Please take a look at the [url="http://www.otakuboards.com/rules.php?"]Rules[/url] and [url="http://www.otakuboards.com/faq.php?"]FAQ[/url] before you continue posting. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or any other Moderator.[/color][/size][/font]

Sorry about that. Severe Update was a link though.
In saying that, here you go folks, update movie stills.

[url="http://movies.yahoo.com/shop;_ylt=AlT3RHDMzq8Kuv6E9OPa3d9fVXcA?d=hv&cf=info&id=1808718754"]http://movies.yahoo.com/shop;_ylt=AlT3RHDMzq8Kuv6E9OPa3d9fVXcA?d=hv&cf=info&id=1808718754[/url]

[font=Verdana][color=blue]I didn't realize it was a link. Either way, just adding a little content helps.[/color][/font]
[font=Verdana][color=blue]- Petie[/color][/font]

• 2 months later...
[FONT=Lucida Console][SIZE=1][COLOR=DimGray]Well, to those who haven't found anything, and to those who are still unaware, this is for you:

[URL=http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1808718754/trailer]The Trailer.[/URL]

You may have to buffer it and replay it a few times. Later.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Joeyisthecooles
the silent hill movie is comming out. I saw the trailer on [URL=http://www.aintitcoolnews.com]aint it cool news[/URL]
It looks good. the resident evil movie #2 was not what i expected