OtakuBoards

Hybrid Vigor [PG-LV]

James

[center][img]http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/3852/hvcityofparis2it.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img137.imageshack.us/img137/5496/hvparis9xo4nn.jpg[/img][/center]

[img]http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/9693/hvcoma3it.gif[/img]

Yesterday, before you fell asleep, you were an ordinary citizen. Wherever you came from, you had an ordinary life. When you fell asleep, you had ordinary dreams. Though you may have had many thousands of dreams spanning hundreds of years, you were unaware of time.

You were part of a mass exoddus that you can not remember, during a Second Great War that you were oblivious to. You never saw the famous rise of the Second Faction flag over Washington D.C., nor did you witness the destruction of that city and many others.

No matter where you came from, you are now here. When you wake up, in only a few hours' time, you will open your eyes to a new world.

[img]http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/5325/hvparis22ld.gif[/img]

Paris 2 is the national capital of West France. West France's eastern border lies just outside the Seine River, while its western border extends down through the area that was formerly Spain.

Today, West France is the most powerful nation in the world. It is the global leader in government-approved sciences, arts and industry. It is also the world's largest military power.

West France emerged during the Third World War (also known as the Second Great War). Unlike previous global conflicts, the Third World War was driven largely by a series of smaller-but-interconnected Civil Wars. And, although we do not have a complete record of events, we do know that these worldwide Civil Wars were based on a singular event in science; the fusion of human and animal genes through the use of genetic engineering. The specific dates and incidents that led up to the creation of the first hybrid are largely forgotten, clouded by the fog of war. However, one thing is certain - hybrids were created en masse and were quickly relegated to a second-class status in society, as a result of their unpredictable nature and violent tendencies. Unfortunately, so many hybrids were created that it did not take long for a major revolt to occur. One of the few things we know for certain is that the first revolt occurred in Chicago, in the former United States of America.

It was during the middle-years of the war that the hybrids started to band together, in a multinational effort, which they labeled "Second Faction". Second Faction was not just a para-military organization, it was also a global movement. Second Faction influenced politics, music, the arts and almost every area of popular culture; it was apparently a broad and all-encompassing call-to-arms, designed to inspire (or manipulate) all hybrids around the world.

For many years, humans and hybrids fought one another on many battlefields around the globe, without either group being able to claim the upper hand. But eventually the tide began to shift and it looked as though hybrids would be victorious. What hybrids lacked in technology, they made up for in organization and natural physical advantages. Washington D.C. was the first to fall to the hybrids. Then Tokyo, Berlin and Moscow. There were few areas left which did not contain a strong hybrid presence, with the exception of much of western Europe.

It was during this time that the French government made a radical decision; they chose to cut their losses and stop the hybrid advance once and for all. The French parliament enacted new legislation, which called for the construction of a National Barrier. The barrier would isolate the country from the outside world and would stop any foreign forces from entering. As the eastern-most portions of France were still in the thick of war, the government simply receeded the national border to the Seine River and then proceeded to annex Spain (the Spanish people owe a debt of gratitude to the French to this day, for protecting them from the hybrid menace). And then, within less than one year, the National Barrier was completed.

During the barrier's construction, Second Faction attempted to invade France several times. While it had succeeded in crossing the border, it had only ever been able to reach Paris. Unfortunately, Paris bore the brunt of the hybrid attacks on France. When the barrier was completed, Paris was re-built and re-named "Paris 2". The French president considered that "Old France" was no longer relevant and given its trumphant completion of the National Barrier (as well as the establishment of its new and significantly-expanded borders), the country was re-named "West France".

As part of West France's contribution to the war effort, refugees from all over Europe and the wider world were brought to Paris 2 and given shelter. Many humans lost their homes and were killed, raped and tortured by the hybrids. During the latter phases of the war, a mass exoddus occurred, whereby several hundred thousand civilians were moved to West France and guaranteed safety from Second Faction.

When you wake up, this is the first message you will see. Welcome to your new home.

[i]Dominique Villette
Supreme Chancellor, West France[/i]

[img]http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/5999/hvrevelations1ko.gif[/img]
[list]
[*]Napoleon Bonaparte
[/list]
[img]http://img456.imageshack.us/img456/5065/hvartefacts4ua.gif[/img]
[list]
[*]Napoleon Bonaparte [Statues, Paintings, Artwork]
[/list]

This thread is designed to introduce you to my new RPG, [b]Hybrid Vigor[/b]. Given the type of RPG and the various plot twists involved, I felt it'd be important to maintain a thread here in the Underground.

If you're interested in the RPG, but all means, feel free to ask questions here. This is not a sign-up thread though - that will come sometime during the next week. I figure this is just a good opportunity to shed a little light on what this RPG is all about.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It sure sounds intriguing, I'm just trying to figure out who the ones receiving the message are. :/ Time-travelers? Or just people who were put into a coma by an unknown party? Well, I guess the answer lies in the actual game. ;D

It's good to have that mystery included to this game, otherwise it would be just an average post-apocalyptic humankind vs. evil mutants -RPG which in my personal experience seem to die early because of a lack of any further plot (just like all those angels vs. demons -games).

I'll surely check out the sign-up as you put it up.

[COLOR=Indigo]Well that introduction certainly leaves you wondering where you would fit in. I would assume that based on what you have written that the characters pre-date the third world war. That their mass exodus happened before the problems and eventual war with the hybrids. And then for whatever reason they either fell into a coma or were deliberately put into one for unknown reasons. Though I could be completely off. Still it gets you thinking about what is truly going on. I definitely see some plot twists lurking in that introduction. I?ll check out the sign-up when you post it as well.[/COLOR]

[font=franklin gothic medium]There are plot-twists that go well beyond this introduction, but I can say one thing. The sign-up will include further information, to give you some bearing for your characters, so you will know how to position them.

But for now I'll just say that the message above was written [i]for[/i] the sign-up characters, it's the first message they see when they wake up. And as you can see, the introduction message was written by the West French Supreme Chancellor, so although it records history, it records history according to the West France government. ~_^[/font]

[color=darkgreen][size=1]

This whole thing seems to have a very George Orwell's [B]"1984"[/B] feel to it. Just with animal people. Nice twist on that concept. The only other comparison I could make to this would be like, [B]V For Vendetta[/B] meets the [B]Bloody Roar[/B] video games. The story has a very 'paranoid' feeling. Paranoia pressed onto the people by the government to fear the Hybrids, and the paranoia of living under a totalitarian government. Real good stuff. I look forward to the sign ups. I hope I get in on this, looks really amazing.[/color][/size]

[quote name='James][font=franklin gothic medium'] And as you can see, the introduction message was written by the West French Supreme Chancellor, so although it records history, it records history according to the West France government. ~_^[/font][/quote]
[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]
Oh ho? Could we have a little bit of a biased opinion in this already? Do I smell a plot twist in the making?

Yet I must give credit where credit is due, and let me say that there is a large majority of credit to be given here. The one word that you had to say when you posted this Rp was the word 'plot twists'. in the few sucessful rp's that I have been in that is the one word that we all come to fear in one way or another. Yet blankly I just love them to death. It provides not only more of a challange when trying to post, but also it keeps the rpers intrested and makes the thread not die..like so many other rp's I have been in ; _ ;

Needless to say I will be most intrested when you post up this rp...it sounds marvelous. Yet when you ment that the hybrids were people spiced together with human and animal Genes. Its not going to be just like talking cat people, horse people and the like. but people who can be more human and have a slight animal trait. Or be more animal with a sligh human trait. Thats the only part that kinda confused me. besides that it looks good. I 'll be checking on it in the Inn.

...PLOT TWISTS![/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[quote name='Sandy']It sure sounds intriguing, I'm just trying to figure out who the ones receiving the message are. :/ Time-travelers? Or just people who were put into a coma by an unknown party? Well, I guess the answer lies in the actual game. ;D[/quote]

[font=franklin gothic medium]I guess the obvious message is that the ones receiving the message are the RPG participants, heheh.

But yes, the [i]real[/i] answer lies in the RPG itself. I am not certain when it will be revealed, but it's one of the cornerstones of the plot I suppose.[/font]

[quote=Sandy]It's good to have that mystery included to this game, otherwise it would be just an average post-apocalyptic humankind vs. evil mutants -RPG which in my personal experience seem to die early because of a lack of any further plot (just like all those angels vs. demons -games).
[/quote]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Well, I am trying to allow some leeway for participants to come up with their own threads to the plot. However, the overall plot (the overall "world", so to speak) is something that I've already planned out to some degree. Some details may change as we go, but generally I think the fundamentals will remain.

Generally I want to surprise players with continual revelations as this RPG progresses. The key is to do that without making it too complicated or unplayable, but I'm willing to give it a go. ~_^[/font]

[quote name='indifference']Well that introduction certainly leaves you wondering where you would fit in. I would assume that based on what you have written that the characters pre-date the third world war. That their mass exodus happened before the problems and eventual war with the hybrids. And then for whatever reason they either fell into a coma or were deliberately put into one for unknown reasons. Though I could be completely off. Still it gets you thinking about what is truly going on. I definitely see some plot twists lurking in that introduction. I?ll check out the sign-up when you post it as well.[/quote]

[font=franklin gothic medium]You're definitely getting close with your explanation there, although obviously the reason for the coma and what happens beyond that are buried deeper within the story.

All players will be given some basic information about this before we start, so that they have some additional insight. Hopefully I can provide that insight without spoiling the bigger key points in the story, anyway.[/font]

[quote name='The Boss']This whole thing seems to have a very George Orwell's "1984" feel to it. Just with animal people. Nice twist on that concept. The only other comparison I could make to this would be like, V For Vendetta meets the Bloody Roar video games. The story has a very 'paranoid' feeling. Paranoia pressed onto the people by the government to fear the Hybrids, and the paranoia of living under a totalitarian government. Real good stuff. I look forward to the sign ups. I hope I get in on this, looks really amazing.[/quote]

[font=franklin gothic medium]This RPG has a lot in common with 1984, although I do not intend for it to be as oppressive. And unlike V for Vendetta, the government of West France is more left-centric than conservative (but again, that's closer to to 1984 I guess).

Also, in 1984, Winston never left Airstrip One. In this RPG (depending on the pace), the participants will discover the world outside West France. I imagine that world will be very different to what they expect.[/font]

[quote name='Ikillion']Oh ho? Could we have a little bit of a biased opinion in this already? Do I smell a plot twist in the making?[/quote]

[font=franklin gothic medium]You never know. ~_^[/font]

[quote=Ikillion]Needless to say I will be most intrested when you post up this rp...it sounds marvelous. Yet when you ment that the hybrids were people spiced together with human and animal Genes. Its not going to be just like talking cat people, horse people and the like. but people who can be more human and have a slight animal trait. Or be more animal with a sligh human trait. Thats the only part that kinda confused me. besides that it looks good. I 'll be checking on it in the Inn.
[/quote]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Yes, you are right about that. This is something I was going to explain in the sign-up thread.

Basically, my interpretation of hybrids is different to Rico's interpretation in his original RPG.

In this story, hybrids look identical to human beings - but due to genetic engineering, they posess particular unusual physical traits. I'm sure you could pick a hybrid if you were [i]really[/i] looking for one, though. ~_^

Also, as a side-note, if anyone is interested, I've uploaded the theme music for this RPG here:

[i][url="http://www.velegant.com/~james/hosted/audio/Angels_&_Men.mp3"]Angels & Men (Hybrid Vigor Theme)[/url][/i]

That'll be put in the RPG thread too, I imagine.

And hopefully you can see the train station image more clearly now, as I've brightened it and changed the contrast. You may see a graffiti symbol on the train station wall.

Oh, by the way...does anyone here speak French? Having some linguistic help would be really useful for this RPG. ^_^; Please PM me if you'd like to help with language issues![/font]

[color=darkgreen][size=1]

The coma is something that I had not given much thought to. But now that I look at it, there is another inspiration I may have uncovered... [B]Big O[/B]? Though it may be coincidence, now that I think about it, this also seems to have a quite a bit in common with [B]Big O[/B]. The enclosed country, fear of what lies beyond the barriers, sudden memory loss caused by a coma, and the mystery of the coma itself. All very similar. You have a very broad range of sources, I'll give it to you. (That is, if I am correct in this aspect.)

BTW- My comparisons to [B]1984[/B] were simply those of the government's style of rule and the construed media. But I continually find this to be more and more interesting. You really know how to make 'em, eh?[/color][/size]

[font=franklin gothic medium]I haven't seen Big O, so I can't really comment on that.

My influences for this RPG are the original (RicoTranzrig's "Hybrid Vigor" and "Meteo City" RPGs), as well as 1984 and The Da Vinci Code.

Those three sources are what I started with, although I built on that quite significantly.

Anyway, I'm glad that you're interested. In addition to that theme song, I'm also intending to include other types of music in the RPG - perhaps some classical music too. I like various classical pieces and I never hear them being used in RPGs on OtakuBoards. And in general some settings in this RPG will be ripe for it, I think.

I'm thinking of putting an ad in my signature for members who are fluent in French, as I think I'm going to need that help. I can do it without a translator, but I'm not going to be able to get the grammar right on my own. So if you know anyone who could help with that, please let me know! ^_^[/font]

[font= trebuchet ms]Long time no see, James. ^_~

Obviously, I haven't been around these boards for a very long time (a mixture of encounters and busy-ness), however when I saw that you were doing another RPG it grabbed me straight away.

Just thought I'd let you know that you've got my interest.

One question: What's the postal system going to be? Free-Flow, Chapter-Esque, etc?

[P.S: We need to have a conversation some time. It's been a while.][/font]

[font=franklin gothic medium]Cool, nice to see you. ^_^

As you guys can see, I've added another box to the first post in this thread. It contains two subsections titled "Revelations" and "Artefacts" (apparently that word can be spelled with either an "i" or an "e" - go figure).

These two areas will be added to as the RPG progresses. All of those who participate will be eligible to add items to that list, as well...so it won't just be me who nominates things to go there. Should be interesting.

And where's Liam? I'm wanting to see what he thinks of this idea! I'm going to have to get a loudspeaker and call all oldies. ~_^[/font]

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue]Hehe, that has conspiracy and government secrets written all over it. ^_~ I?m wondering if the people in the coma really did come before the war with the hybrids, or if instead it?s a much darker and more sinister secret. Hehe, nothing like having good plot twists to make a story or rpg more interesting. I?ll be keeping an eye out for the sign up! ^_~[/COLOR]

[color=darkblue][size=1]That's our Jeh; always with just the thing to freshen up the Arena a little.

I'm also intrigued by the whole hybrid thing (although I am a bit saddened that it appears players can't be a hybrid themselves. But that's the furry-fan in me protesting, lol.) I'm already forming guesses about plot twists regarding them, but I suppose I'll have to wait and see how it all turns out in the end.

I'll definitely be looking for the sign-up thread once it goes live. Kudos, Jehness. ^_~

[b]EDIT:[/b] You, sir, have just made my evening.[/color][/size]

[QUOTE=Lady Katana][color=darkblue][size=1]That's our Jeh; always with just the thing to freshen up the Arena a little.

I'm also intrigued by the whole hybrid thing (although I am a bit saddened by the fat that it appears players can't be a hybrid themselves. But that's the furry-fan in me protesting, lol.) I'm already forming guesses about plot twists regarding them, but I suppose I'll have to wait and see how it all turns out in the end.

I'll definately be looking for the sign-up thread once it goes live. Kudos, Jehness. ^_~[/color][/size][/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium] :catgirl:

Funnily enough, [i]all[/i] players will be hybrids. ~_^[/font]

[quote name='James][font=franklin gothic medium]Funnily enough, [i]all[/i'] players will be hybrids. ~_^[/font][/quote]

[COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I think I love you...

Part of me knew that though, a couple seconds after I posted last time and I started comtenplating ideas about this thing. I remember saying, " awww, it would have been a cool plot twist if we could play as hybrids" Even though I was off by just a little I knew it, Ha!...Mind link.

Yet rather go on with so many questions about what all that stuff could mean. Why do you continue to tease us with all of these hints into the Rp? Can you atleast tell us when it will be in the inn, your killing me here.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Ikillion][COLOR=DarkSlateGray][SIZE=1][FONT=Comic Sans MS]I think I love you...

Part of me knew that though, a couple seconds after I posted last time and I started comtenplating ideas about this thing. I remember saying, " awww, it would have been a cool plot twist if we could play as hybrids" Even though I was off by just a little I knew it, Ha!...Mind link.

Yet rather go on with so many questions about what all that stuff could mean. Why do you continue to tease us with all of these hints into the Rp? Can you atleast tell us when it will be in the inn, your killing me here.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]You suspected correctly! Of course, there's a lot more to it. Like The Da Vinci Code, the Mona Lisa will also play a role in this story...she shall probably be one of the most important artifacts in the entire RPG. You'll soon see an ad I'm putting in Nomura's OB newspaper for this RPG. Should be interesting.

Basically all I'm wanting to do is answer some questions and see who's interested. This thread will remain open while the RPG runs, so that I can add revelations and artifacts as we go. As I mentioned, players themselves will be able to suggest these for official addition.

Some answers will only be known to me as we progress though...I am trying to leave enough room for players to influence the RPG significantly.[/font]

[size=1]So, every player will be a hybrid, eh? Interesting. I foresee many a plot twist and many a "Wha'!?!?" moment.

This looks very interesting, James, very interesting indeed. And clearly, you being you, you'll be able to keep this fresh with enough changes to keep it going for a long time.

I look forward to seeing this in the Inn.
[/size]

[color=#b0000b][size=1]I am pretty excited about this. I remember the original RPGs, although I didn't participate much. (I think there were three, and I was a part of one for a while... but I couldn't figure out where it was going, so I eventually faded out.) The great thing about "advanced" RPGS these days is that there's much more direction. (Not that Meteo City didn't have direction... I just couldn't figure out where my character fit into it.)

I could see myself participating in this.[/size][/color]

[color=teal]Jeez, this looks AWESOME. I'm definitely signing up. I'm assuming, of course, that the players will be 'sleeper' hybrids. Perhaps some of us inserted into the hypersleep chambers with animal DNA, perhaps our analogs would be the FIRST hybrids, I don't know. If those are possibilities, I would definitely love to explore the idea of a Yugo-like character. Perhaps chosen for leadership abilities, perhaps inserted as a sleeper agent 'designed' to begin or join a Third Faction within the National Barrier....

James, keep it rolling. This has too many possibilities for it to falter![/color]

[COLOR=DarkOrange][SIZE=1]I could say something about loving the idea and the idea of the plot twists, but it's all been said so far. Very true, yes, but rather redundant, and thus somewhat pointless.

While I do think this sounds like an uberpwn idea (and will pounce on it as soon as it's in the Inn), the main reason [i]I[/i] am posting is to comment on the fact that the "Ministry of Arts, Religion and Tourism"...the juxtaposition amuses me for some absurd reason. [/SIZE][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=James][font=franklin gothic medium]
And where's Liam? I'm wanting to see what he thinks of this idea! I'm going to have to get a loudspeaker and call all oldies. ~_^[/font][/QUOTE]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=1]Delicious!

I would never have had known if it weren't for Sara mentioning it in her blog. I just had my midsemester exams yesterday so I've been out of the loop for a while now. This new goodness that you've forged in the fiery furnace of fantastic fiction fills me with happy thoughts!

I'm actually buzzing through various character ideas in my head right now. The whole nameless past/altered memories/coma thing has got my character cortex clicking over. I'll definitely be dropping you a line once the sign ups are up. I'll have to ask of you what the plotparameters are, I want to keep my imagination inside a safe, workable, box here..

I'm certain that, once you put a link up in your blog, that every oldie around will come sniffing around. Nothing like vintage roleplay to get the nostalgia pumping through the veins ^_^

*holds breath with anticipation*[/size][/font]

It seems like you have a whole legion of people eagerly waiting for the sign-up to commence. How big is this game going to be? Meaning, how many people are you going to let in?

And I seriously hope this isn't divided into chapters, because in those type of games it's pretty much predetermined what is going to happen in the game, who gets to interact with whom, and all in all the creator of the game dictates everything. Or that's how I see them.

[quote=Sara]I am pretty excited about this. I remember the original RPGs, although I didn't participate much. (I think there were three, and I was a part of one for a while... but I couldn't figure out where it was going, so I eventually faded out.) The great thing about "advanced" RPGS these days is that there's much more direction. (Not that Meteo City didn't have direction... I just couldn't figure out where my character fit into it.)

I could see myself participating in this.[/quote]

[font=franklin gothic medium]What you're saying there is very much part of what I am about to say to Sandy regarding the chapter system. Far from being restrictive, it actually provides a solid structure that leaves plenty of leeway for players. So we get the best of both worlds - we get a system where everyone knows how they fit in and what the general flow of the story is, but they also have enough freedom to influence the story and develop multiple threads to the overall plot.

Anyway, I'm happy to see that you're interested, Sara. You're welcome to sign-up when the Inn thread goes up.[/font]

[quote name='Ozymandius Jones']While I do think this sounds like an uberpwn idea (and will pounce on it as soon as it's in the Inn), the main reason I am posting is to comment on the fact that the "Ministry of Arts, Religion and Tourism"...the juxtaposition amuses me for some absurd reason.[/quote]

[font=franklin gothic medium]~_^[/font]

[quote=Liamc2]Delicious!

I would never have had known if it weren't for Sara mentioning it in her blog. I just had my midsemester exams yesterday so I've been out of the loop for a while now. This new goodness that you've forged in the fiery furnace of fantastic fiction fills me with happy thoughts!

I'm actually buzzing through various character ideas in my head right now. The whole nameless past/altered memories/coma thing has got my character cortex clicking over. I'll definitely be dropping you a line once the sign ups are up. I'll have to ask of you what the plotparameters are, I want to keep my imagination inside a safe, workable, box here..

I'm certain that, once you put a link up in your blog, that every oldie around will come sniffing around. Nothing like vintage roleplay to get the nostalgia pumping through the veins ^_^

*holds breath with anticipation*[/quote]

[font=franklin gothic medium]I was going to mention it on myOtaku but I haven't been here since Thursday unfortunately.

I am hoping that I can find some way to establish basic plot parameters in the sign-up thread. Although finding the right balance between an open and closed system is proving difficult. But we'll see how it goes.

I'm glad that you're interested, though. It'll be great to see some older members join in. ^_^[/font]

[quote=Sandy]It seems like you have a whole legion of people eagerly waiting for the sign-up to commence. How big is this game going to be? Meaning, how many people are you going to let in?

And I seriously hope this isn't divided into chapters, because in those type of games it's pretty much predetermined what is going to happen in the game, who gets to interact with whom, and all in all the creator of the game dictates everything. Or that's how I see them.[/quote]

[font=franklin gothic medium]The number of people hasn't been decided yet. But I can say one thing for sure...the scope for this RPG is very wide. If there are people who don't get in with this RPG, those people may find that they can participate elsewhere. It really depends how well the RPG does, I suppose.

In terms of chapters...I know you hate them, but I am convinced that they are the best system we have at the moment.

As I mentioned to Sara, they give us the best of both worlds - some kind of basic structure to follow, while still allowing fundamental freedoms to the writers.

Of course, some chapter systems can be more restrictive than others, but in general I think chapters allow us to avoid some of the biggest pitfalls that we have had in RPGs before.

Imagine that you're writing a long post and someone else posts just as you do...if their post appears first, it makes yours totally redundant (especially if your character is in the same situation as theirs). That is a huge problem.

The other problem is when you have ten people post in a couple of days or something - if you are gone for even a moment, you suddenly have to read through a million posts to understand what's going on. It gets confusing, nobody knows what they're doing or where they are...and the RPG invariably unravels.

So I can say that this RPG will have some kind of structure. I have been thinking about ways to create a more free-flowing chapter system...one that provides more freedom than previous systems but still keeps us in line. This is partly why I'm creating the Revelation and Artifact areas - they will contain bullet-point lists of important events that will keep people up to date on the general flow of the RPG.[/font]

[QUOTE=James][font=franklin gothic medium]
So I can say that this RPG will have some kind of structure. I have been thinking about ways to create a more free-flowing chapter system...one that provides more freedom than previous systems but still keeps us in line. This is partly why I'm creating the Revelation and Artifact areas - they will contain bullet-point lists of important events that will keep people up to date on the general flow of the RPG.[/font][/QUOTE]

I understand your point-of-view, and I partially agree with it, but I do think that chapter-system has it's own major flaws as well.

If I can take an example from the on-going event The Legionnaires, there's been a huge amount of work done in it by both Shy and us players, but to me who can't find the motivation to read all of the six game-threads and the hundreds of posts within them, it's very hard to find the red line of the game. In that game, all I see is a dozen miniature story archs with the big one still gone. :/

I hope it'll show up eventually.

So my point is that as this is seemingly going to be a huge game spanning various threads, some less active people are going to lose track no matter what.

I'm glad to hear you'll give more freedom to the players within the chapters. What I [I]really[/I] hate about the system is the "go there, do that, then come back" -structure I've seen in many of the games that use it. Sounds limited, huh?

But enough of the ranting, I just wanted to get this out of my system. I know your game is going to rock (as I think Legionnaires does too), so I'm going to sign-up nevertheless. ;D