OtakuBoards

How do I move up in ranks or whatever....

Ol' Fighter

[font=Trebuchet MS]If you mean member titles (like, you're currently a [b]New Member[/b]) then there's only one other level, [b]Member, [/b]which appears when you have fifty posts. But we don't have any others - that's what your [b]Custom Title [/b]is for, so you can decide yourself what your title should be and don't have to spam to get enough posts for your favourite one.

We don't have 'ranks' - we're a friendly, equal-opportunities messageboard, heh.

Anyway, this is a [b]Suggestions & Feedback [/b]topic, so I'm moving it there. I'm sure this question's been asked before, too - take a quick search through S&F.
[/font]

[QUOTE=Baron Samedi][size=1]Don't believe [i]him[/i]. Look at his title. He is a Moderator, and his one aim is to fool you into believing his lies so that he can stay at the top end of the ranks. Don't be sucked in!

You can make it to the very top, buddy.[/size][/QUOTE][font=Verdana][color=blue]While you are technically correct, there's one thing I'd like to point out to avoid confusion (and I know you know this already) - you cannot move up in rank to a Moderator after a certain number of posts or anything like that. It is a promotion done manually by an Administrator. I just wanted to mention that in case you thought it might happen automatically after a while.[/color][/font]
[font=Verdana][color=#0000ff][/color][/font]
[b][font=Verdana][color=#0000ff]Edit:[/color][/font][/b]
[font=Verdana][color=#0000ff]On second thought, I retract my previous statement to jump on Desbrkeko's obviously much cooler bandwagon.[/color][/font]

[quote name='indifference][COLOR=Indigo]And here I thought that the coolest title of all was "Desbreko Fangirl"[/COLOR'] :p[/quote]
[size=1]Wow, and I thought that White was the biggest suck-up 'round these parts.

Anyway, listen to Baron -- he's a learned chap. Us moderators are power-hungry tyrants here solely to hold you down. Maybe one day, if you're lucky enough, you can murder new members yourself. Please observe [I]figure 1[/I] for further explanation.

[i][B]fig 1:[/B] The Moderator Rod (otherwise known as the "Mod Rod") in its prototype phases.[/i]
:modrod: [/size]

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

Heh I remember the kill-or-be-killed attitude to posting back before the newer member titles, I suppose most of us from back then did a little bit of scrambling up the ladder to try and get away from the first two ghastly titles of Newbie and Junior Member. Getting to the top requires cut-throat ruthlessness, an ability to punish without hesitation and treat people with complete disregard to human compassion, that and have something cool and totally unique about you, or in Des' case to very nearly take on the identity of a Nintendo character...[/SIZE]

[color=#4B0082]OB history lesson! These are the old v3-v6 titles that people managed to get:

0-249 - Newbie
250-499 - Junior Member
500-999 - Member
1000-1999 - Otaku
2000-2999 - Extreme Otaku
3000-4999 - No Life
5000-????? - I Live Here

At the time, Raiha was the only one who managed to get the I Live Here title. We never saw what was past that since the v7 upgrade did away with the old titles. And I really doubt that they'll ever be coming back.

As for myself, Member was as high as I got. But that's only 'cause I was hired as a mod in v4 and have been one ever since. :toothy:

Oh, and if you really want to measure your e-penor against others', you can still go to the Members List page and have it sort by post count. James is currently at the top, and you'll find a bunch of other oldies populating the first page.[/color]

Guest Metal Dragon
Let's you and me go on a crazy rampage and destroy all of the people that are a member or higher, so they'll[B] have[/B] to promote others to fill in the gap..... either that or they're gonna kill us...

[quote name='Metal Dragon]Let's you and me go on a crazy rampage and destroy all of the people that are a member or higher, so they'll[B] have[/B'] to promote others to fill in the gap..... [/quote]

[size=1]Member or higher? That'd be quite a massacre. Only the [i]new members[/i] would be left...[/size]

[quote name='Retribution][size=1']Wow, and I thought that White was the biggest suck-up 'round these parts.[/size][/quote]
[color=#555555][FONT=Tahoma]I still am. And you know it.

If you want to make it to the top, you'll have to do a few important things (aswell as getting 50 posts). You will have you put "Do it right, do White. I did White, why don't you?" into your signature, you will have to mail me 50 dollars Monopoly money, you will have to get 5 honorable kills (slay 5 Newbies) and you will have to completely disregard this post.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[QUOTE=Baron Samedi][size=1]I'd be [i]Extreme Otaku[/i] or [i]No Life[/i] now with my post count :(

I wish we still had member titles based upon the immensely important factor of our total number of posts. Bring it back![/size][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1]Heh, as much as I would like to disagree with you Josh on the grounds it would only prompt people to spam to achieve high post counts, the idea of having the much coveted Extreme Otaku title is too tempting to pass up. Couldn't we just give the old titles to all the Oldies and leave the newer members with their new titles ? [/SIZE]

Guest Metal Dragon
[quote name='Boo][size=1]Member or higher? That'd be quite a massacre. Only the [i]new members[/i'] would be left...[/size][/quote]
That's the whole point... since there's only new members left, some of us will become members while others will become moderators and such....hmm.. forget the massacre... I'm a member now...so now it has to be from [B]Moderator[/B] and up...

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE=Boo][size=1]After an administrator would find you fit for the job.

If you show quality posting and efoort, they might ([i]might[/i]).[/size][/QUOTE]
Yeah, pretty much. It depends on a variety of factors, including whether or not we even need new mods in the first place.

And don't call us--we'll call you. ;)

~Dagger~

[quote name='Dagger']And don't call us--we'll call you. ;)[/quote]
[quote name='Lonley Fighter']Well mods I'm going for the spot...any others care to going my campaine[/quote]

[size=1]Don't you love it when people listen?

But really, I'm supposing moderators need at least be [i]members[/i] before chosen.

Also, I'm pretty sure James only takes in mods once he's met, talked to, and trusts them.

*Shrugs* But maybe I've got no clue what I'm talking about.

But before you try to become a Moderator, I expect one of the existing ones is going to direct you towards the rules, seeing as it's doubtful you've read them. Your post quality is simply dreadful.

<3[/size]

[quote name='Lonley Fighter']Help me out here what am I doing wrong and why is everyone so made at me I just wanted to know how to move up and now I'm being knocked down :confused:[/quote]

I'll give you a basic out line.

If you have under 50 posts then you're a new member.

If you have more than 50 posts then your a member.

If someone has 1000 posts your basically even with them [Saying you have over 50.].

If someone is a Mod, they a more athority than you.
If someone is higher than a mod [Site admin, ect.] Then they are higher than you.
So respect them [Honor them.]. Do what they say [Be obedient].

So, if you want to be a mod, be obedient.
Then if they have a spot open, they might consider you.