OtakuBoards

Family Guy

Andy

[SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]Yes, Family Guy, which is to me, one of the greatest American cartoons on television. I tend to watch Family Guy nearly every time its on. I can't help it, I just find it extremely hilarious. I know it may seem stupid to some of you, and it probably is. But I like stupid humor, and I think Family Guy falls under that category. Even though I think I read somewhere that somebody rated it the 2nd worst family cartoon or something. But, oh well, I still like it. So does anyone else here at the otakuboards watch Family Guy?[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=Blue]Family guy is [B]hella cool[/B]. Who won't like it. It's so [B]funny[/B]. It's one of the [B]best[/B] cartoon shows ever in history. I watch it all the time. Family Guy [B]rocks[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B].[/FONT]

This show is... great. A notch above The Simpsons, but a notch below South Park. Speaking of which, did you guys see the episode of South Park where they were making fun of Family Guy, and in the end they found that Family Guy was written by [spoiler]manatees[/spoiler]? Wouldn't quite surprise me.

This show can be so random... like in the episode where Brian has a crush on Lois and he goes into the bar and sits next to Peter and says, "Peter, I think I have a problem." Peter goes, "OH MY GOD, YOU CAN TALK." Brian just blinks at him for a minute.

Did anyone see the Stewie Griffin Untold Stories? "Get your wacky waving inflatable arm flailing tube man at Bob's Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flaling Tube Man Emporium!" God, now every time I pass one of those I have to announce it to anyone around me.

[COLOR=Sienna]Bleh. Most overrated piece of trash on television. McFarlane has the talent of a b-grade flash artist. His characters are annoying, and only Brian ever manages to be funny with any consistency. Chris ranks rather high up on my list of "Most Annoying TV Characters Ever" and Stewie's "Kill Lois and Take Over the World" bit got old fast. Peter is never funny. Never. I love stupid comedy, but he's just not funny. At all. I don't even see how it qualifies as television. It's the kind of the **** that gets turned down by Newgrounds every day.

Even the new Simpsons episodes - which I personally think suck - are better than the best Family Guy has done. It has no concept of comic timing, many of it's more un-funny gags are drawn out needlessly, and it's just generally bad. I can't believe people actually like it. Sigh... lowest common denomenator, I guess.[/COLOR]

[SIZE=1]Interesting, most interesting.

Personally I've loved Family Guy since I first saw it, usually I hate stupid humour but there was something about the show that just kept me laughing every time I watched it. Compared to The Simpsons, which really does need to be cancelled at this stage because it's gone so far beyond a farce of comedy, it's comic gold. I understand what Red 6 means when he says the humour gets old fast, but really it's a love it or hate it show, you either find Stewie's consistent attempts to commit matricide, only to be foiled at the last moment, hilarious or you find them silly.

It's a shame the show was continued, it like Futurama was genuinely funnier than The Simspons, but I guess FOX's idea of funny is different to mine. [/SIZE]

Guest LilyBebeboo
[QUOTE=Kuchirkato]I love the movie.

"My name is Ron.'

XD[/QUOTE]

w-w-w-wait. there's a movie? man, im SLOW. how could i not know that? geeesh, i guess thats what happens when you don't have cable and are completely out of the loop. so, how is the movie anyway?

I loved the movie. When quagmire and brian were talking So funny!

Brian :Hey quagmire doesn't country have an o in it"

"Quagmire: Not this one

Or when stewie presses the buttons brian fell on his lap. "Stewie do something!" "I'm afraid to press anything else."

Comedy has a second side. RANDOMNESS MUCH!!!

[COLOR=DeepSkyBlue][quote name='Gavin][SIZE=1'] I understand what Red 6 means when he says the humour gets old fast, but really it's a love it or hate it show, you either find Stewie's consistent attempts to commit matricide, only to be foiled at the last moment, hilarious or you find them silly. [/SIZE][/quote]Stewie's the only reason I even watch this show. It's definitely a love hate type of deal for me. I go back and forth between absolutely loving it and then back to finding it one of the dumbest shows on TV. Though for what ever reason the episodes that focus mainly on Stewie crack me up the most. It's kind of funny how he's easily taken in by kiddy things.

I think my favorite episode was when he built a mind control device for his brother to get him to kill their mom and some appliance in the kitchen keep interfering with the signal. That one had me in stitches. [/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
[COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=4][FONT=Trebuchet MS]I know you've heard of this show and there may be a thread on this already but I have to talk about this. This show is the funniest show ever. It's better than all the other comedies out there. My favorite character is Peter Griffin. He is the perfect fat guy. He's funny and has the best stories like when he was so called "raped" by Doctor Harpman. He was getting a prostate exam and he felt violated. My favorite episode was of the one when Peter made his house into his own country. That episode was the greatest because of the dance Peter did. Me and My peeps know the entire thing and perfrom everytime we watch Family Guy.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Indigo][SIZE=1]Merged the threads. -Clurr[/SIZE][/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
This show is by far my favorite cartoon put on the air! Im Canadian myself but that family is the best disorderly family i've ever seen! I have every episode of it on DVD up to season 5... waiting for their newer one to come out..wont be for a bit.

They do get rough on some of their shoes.. It can be quite crude and unjust at times but...what shows aren't these days??

In my head Family Guy beats The Simpsons and King of The Hill(even though that shows sweet). I just wonder how long they can go...will they be the next Simpsons?? Be great for years and then suddenly something better comes out when they are at season 14 lol...