OtakuBoards

Need suggestion for videogames

Doublehex

Okay, so I've got one hundred and fourty dollars for my birthday, and I have every plan on spending them on videogames, since I got none for both my birthday and Christmas.

Take note I have GC, Xbox and PS2.

My current game list can be found [URL=http://club.ign.com/b/list/custom?lid=100018&owner=Doublehex&mode=vown ][u]here[/u][/URL].[list]
[*]Soul Calibur III
[*]Dead Or Alive 3
[*]King of Fighters '02 and '03 [Xbox]
[/list]

Any other suggestions?

Tales of the Abyss (PS2)
Tales of Symphonia (GCN)
Bully (PS2)
Final Fantasy X (PS2)
Zelda: Twilight Princess (GCN)
Guitar Hero II (PS2)

Not a big Xbox fan, sorry :P I can only suggest Morrowind, but thats better off as a PC game.

OR, you can scrap the whole console game buying stuff and just buy a DS + a game. Much better investment imo.

[COLOR=DarkSlateBlue][FONT=Comic Sans MS]If you're looking for a unique PS2 title, I would highly recommend [B]Okami[/B]. If you're at all interested in that kind of cell-shaded, semi-rpg type game, it's gotta be one of the best. It's fun, long, and fairly strange.

For Xbox, [B]Far Cry: Instincts[/B] is still a great title. The single player is alright, but the most entertaining part is the online (if you have Live) and the fact that you can create your own map and have others download it. The map creation is pretty easy, so all you need is a few good ideas.

For GameCube, if you haven't already gotten [B]Super Smash Bros. Melee[/B], [I]get it now[/I]! I don't even have a GC, and it's still one of my favorite games of all time.

Hope I helped.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkOrange]If you're looking for fighting games, go for [B]Guilty Gear[/B]. It's a pretty big series, mostly on PS2 but I've got an Xbox one (my preferred controller). It's a very expansive fighter with a large cast of characters who ACTUALLY have unique moves. No other fighter really compares in terms of creativity or coolness. I'd consider it a must-have for fighting game fans.

I can see you like RTS games, but if you ever want to try out turn-based strategy, go for [B]Disgaea[/B]. It's fun, it's hiarious, and you can play it near eternally.

Also, you should check out the [B]Ratchet And Clank [/B] games, namely[B] Going Commando [/B] and [B]Up Your Arsenal[/B]. All of them are pretty cheap and provided great fun in platforming-meets-action gaming. Not much more fun can be had.[/COLOR]

• 4 weeks later...
If you like action games I suggest god of war 1 or 2, kingdom hearts 1 or 2, and any Dragon ball z's games are good action games ( the KH's has kiddy action). For gore games The devil may cry's,and shinobi. For the Xbox theirs KOTOR 1 and 2, Fable, or halo 1 or 2.

Here are my top 10 suggestion
1.okami (PS2)
2.samurai legend musashi(PS2)
3.motor kombat:armageddon(PS2)
4.final fantasy 10(PS2)
5.kingdom hearts 1 and 2(PS2)
6.Halo 1 and 2(xbox)
7.fable: lost chapter(xbox)
8.Drangon ball Z Budokai 1-3(PS2)
9.soul calibur 3(PS2)
10.sly 3 : honor among thieves(PS2)

[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][quote name='black rurouni'] If you like action games I suggest god of war...[/quote][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2][/size][/font]
[font=Palatino Linotype][size=2]And... stop right there, black rurouni. Matt, that'll be the only game you'll need until further notice. Yes, if you don't know already, [b]God of War[/b] has no description for how great it is. Not to mention you'll save money on a good game as well.[/size][/font]

If you don't have Tales of Symphonia for GCN, and have even the slightest taste for RPGs, GET IT NOW!!! I've played all the Final Fantasies up to and including VII and all but a few Zelda games, and despite all that competition, Tales of Symphonia is still by far the greatest RPG I've ever played. Nothing else even comes close.

• 3 weeks later...
I highly recomend Zone of the enders the 2nd runner . Great fast pace mech fighting,great graphics, and anime style cut scenes. It's a fantastic game.

You could also pickup ZOE should only cost you $5 but its no where near as good as 2 and it is a Evangelion rip off.

Still a great PS2 series and the best mech fighter game to be released.