OtakuBoards

Most Anticipated Game

.:[ Revy ]:.

What your most anticipated game? Of 2007, 2008 or ever further away than THAT!

[u]XBox 360[/u]
- Mass Effect
- BioShock
- Fable 2
- Halo 3
- Gears of War 2
- Assassin's Creed
- Prototype
- Grand Theft Auto IV
- Two Human
- Two Worlds
- Naruto
- Star Wars

And that's only a fraction of the ones I want. When you work in the biz, there are a whole lot more games that don't even make the mags! But those right there are MY pick!

What's your picks and on what platform?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[FONT="Verdana"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Oh man, I need to get a 360 bad. I never got around to getting a job this summer, and I've been bumming off my friend's 360 for long enough.
[I]
-Halo 3[/I]. I played the beta, loved it,but hated the the return of the assault rifle though. More than enough cool new weapons to make up for that. Nice multiplayer maps, and the campaign look promising also.
[I]
-Gears of war 2[/I]. Didn't hear a thing about it. I don't care, it still makes my list anyway. Loved the original.

[I]-Soul Caliber 4[/I]. I never liked [I]3[/I] that much, but [I]2 [/I]still has a special place in my heart. I just have high hopes for it.
[I]
-Assassin's Creed[/I]. Looks like [I]Prince of Persia[/I] mixed with [I]Splinter Cell[/I]. Scaling buildings and beam jumping seems like something I would do for hours neglecting whatever mission I was on. Nice looking fighting game play and multiple ways of getting missions done, I definitely need to get my hands on this.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"][B]Halo 3[/B], of course. [B]Halo 2 [/B]is probably my favorite game of all time, and it is a franchise I love to death, so more can only be better. I only have to say that they better NERF the effing [B]Spartan Gun[/B]. I hate that things SOOO much.....

Other than that, [B]Assassin's Creed [/B]and [B]BioShock [/B]both look cool, but I'm betting on my brother buying them. I'm not much for buying video games...[/COLOR]

[quote name='desertphoenix'][FONT="Verdana"][COLOR="DarkRed"]
[I]-Soul Caliber 4[/I]. I never liked [I]3[/I] that much, but [I]2 [/I]still has a special place in my heart. I just have high hopes for it. [/COLOR][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Arial"]>:]

I was excited beyond measure for Soul Calibur 3. I don't think I've ever gotten so worked up over a game before. I got really upset when I called a bunch of stores the day shipped and found out they didn't have it yet, and I remember that the day I did get it seemed entirely too long. (And then my disk was faulty, too, what are the odds?)

Anyway, I should do some research on the fourth one, cos' this is the first I've heard of it. I'm not really a gamer. :/

Other than that, I only remember being extremely excited for the online version of .hack, Fragment, which I heard was coming out in December of 2005 but still hasn't made it to America. If it ever does I'll be sure to get it, because the .hack series is pretty much my most favorite thing that came from Japan.

EDIT: Apparently SC4 is only going to be for PS3 and the Xbox something or other. Sucks for me, since I really don't plan on upgrading. There aren't nearly enough games for the PS3 I'm interested in: with the addition of Soul Calibur, that makes...one. >:[[/FONT]

There's only one game that is getting all of my anticipation these days. I'm completely sure that it'll be a quality title, and its official name hasn't even been announced yet.

Do the names [i]ICO[/i] and [i]Shadow of the Colossus[/i] ring a bell? If not, that just won't do, so let me expand a little. These are two brilliantly concocted games by Fumito Ueda, an interesting director who prioritizes emotional reality over photorealistic appearances. In fact, the label "video game" doesn't do these titles enough justice. They're much more than that - atmospheric, artistic masterpieces that evoke an emotional connection from the player while tugging them along a rough path of an intricate storyline riddled with subtle complexities. These games boast not only cohesive elements, but also revolutionary mechanics that make for a gripping and unforgettable experience.

It's just these games have such high production value... I can [i]not[/i] imagine Ueda tainting the the next game with mediocrity. All we know is that it's headed for the Playstation 3 at some point, and when that day comes I will buy the console (even if there are so many other factors undermining my respect for Sony's new system) solely for the incoming gem.

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]The most anticipated game I'm looking forward to is the next in the Zelda series. As for the rest, if it means buying an xbox, ps3 or the Wii... forget it. Heh. Most of them don't have enough games to interest me yet. But Zelda? The moment the Wii has that out, besides TP, I already have that for the gamecube. Anyway the moment that's out is the moment I finally buy a Wii. After all I bought the gamecube for the same reason... so I could play TWW. ^_^[/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]I suppose [b]Metal Gear Solid 4[/b] is the one I'm really hoping lives up to what it's predecessor built upon, as Snake Eater was without a doubt one of the best games I've ever played.

[b]Fable 2[/b] is another big one, though I hope this time around Lionhead do a better job of setting out the different skill sets of the heroes. It was a little tiring to just grind XP for four or five hours before my first mission and walk out as the hybrid of the Incredible Hulk, Hawkeye and Merlin while simultaneously being worth millions and having the best weapons and armours available.

Having played every game in the series I've got high expectations for [b]GTA IV[/b], and giving the transitions we saw between Vice City and San Andreas, I think we'll see a massive change between III and IV.

Last but not least, though it will probably not live up to the hype surrounding it is [b]Star Wars: The Force Unleashed[/b]. After the Jedi Knight series, which I assume this will probably bear a good resemblance too, I'm just hoping it's a better game than [B]Episode III: [/B][strike]Return of the King[/strike] [B]Revenge of the Sith[/B].[/SIZE]

(I hope this is still accurate, haven't checked up on it in a while)
I'm looking foward to SC:Legends for the Wii. I'm hopeing you can move the wiimote like a sword and all nice stuff like that. I'm also lookin foward for FF13 but I cannot afford a PS3...

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="Navy"]I'm really looking forward to the releases of [B]Halo 3[/B] as well as [B]Fable 2[/B]. The story line is pretty good and the end of 2 in [B]Halo [/B]just leaves you salivating for more. Well...that and humping n00b corpses on LIVE. [B]Fable [/B]was an incredible game, though I felt it was somewhat lacking in some aspects. From what I've read and seen about the sequal, I'm writhing in anticipation.

Probably the game I'm most looking forward to is [B]Starcraft 2[/B]. The gameplay trailer rocked my socks with the new elements added. I can only hope that Blizzard will work some magic on getting the game out soon sometime in the not-so-near future (say 1-1.5 years). I need to see Jim Raynor splatter some bugs and see what the Queen of Blades has up her claws.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[quote name='Kanji']There's only one game that is getting all of my anticipation these days. I'm completely sure that it'll be a quality title, and its official name hasn't even been announced yet.

Do the names [i]ICO[/i] and [i]Shadow of the Colossus[/i] ring a bell? If not, that just won't do, so let me expand a little. These are two brilliantly concocted games by Fumito Ueda, an interesting director who prioritizes emotional reality over photorealistic appearances. In fact, the label "video game" doesn't do these titles enough justice. They're much more than that - atmospheric, artistic masterpieces that evoke an emotional connection from the player while tugging them along a rough path of an intricate storyline riddled with subtle complexities. These games boast not only cohesive elements, but also revolutionary mechanics that make for a gripping and unforgettable experience.

It's just these games have such high production value... I can [i]not[/i] imagine Ueda tainting the the next game with mediocrity. All we know is that it's headed for the Playstation 3 at some point, and when that day comes I will buy the console (even if there are so many other factors undermining my respect for Sony's new system) solely for the incoming gem.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Thing is, though, those games are pretty darn short. I don't think I'd go out and buy a 500 dollar console and pay 60 dollars for a game that's only gunna last 6 hours. I'm sure they'll add some time on their next-gen games, but still... I'm not worried, though, because the PS3 has had so few exclusives - almost everything ends up with a 360 version, so if that happens, I'll go for that.

Definitelly one to look forward, since [B]SotC [/B]was one of the most amazing games I've ever played.

Also, [B]Clurr[/B], I'm petty sure [B]SC4 [/B]is a [B]Wii [/B]exclusive.[/COLOR]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Also, [B]Clurr[/B], I'm petty sure [B]SC4 [/B]is a [B]Wii [/B]exclusive.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

You're thinking of Soul Calibur Legends, the adventure game spin-off of the Soul Calibur series. Soul Calibur IV isn't going to be released on the Wii as far as I know.

[FONT="Verdana"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Speaking of lost exclusives, I forgot to include [I]Devil May Cry 4[/I] coming out for the 360 and PS3. Same stylish fast paced action we come to love. This is style and substance, I mean have you seen Nero's dark blue outfit going along with a red vest? Somebody working on this game knows style.

To Clurr, I say IGN.com is pretty solid when it comes to finding about games coming soon. They usually have a lot of pictures and videos. I feel the same way about the new Ico project in the works as DB does, but one thing. [I]Soul Caliber 4[/I] is going to be on the 360 and PS3.[I] Soul Caliber: Legends[/I] is the action adventure game coming out for the Wii.
[/COLOR][/FONT]

edit: Ah, Shinmaru beat me to it.

[COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]I can not afford a PS3, but if I have to I'll get a wii or a 360.

But I am stoked about the next Kingdom Hearts game comming out. [B]KH3 [/B]seems a little far away, but I'm still watiing for it. But I guess I'll have to settle for [B]KH2 Final Remix+.[/B][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1] once I get my x360 back from their repair shop (for the second time) I'm planning to buy [B][U] Skate.[/B][/U] and [B][U] Tony Hawk's Proving Ground[/B][/U] when they release in the late autumn and early winter of this year.

I dont want to forget [B][U] Assassin's Creed[/B][/U] I love the flawless fusion of Prince of Persia and Splinter Cell, I guess I could play this til [B][U] Prince Of Persia 4[/B][/U] and [B][U] Splinter Cell Conviction[/B][/U] are released.

I'm also very excited for the psp version of [B][U] God Of War[/B][/U], one of the many reasons I'm getting a new one, and the new [B][U] WipeOut[/B][/U] game for the psp.

and did I mention that I'm waiting for [B][U] Biohazard 5[/B][/U]? and [B][U] Devil May Cry 4[/B][/U]? I'm so glad that they made the mutiplatform release move, cos I'm too poor to afford a Playstation 3 at the moment.

!

Also I cant leave out [B][U] Burnout 5[/B][/U] I saw a demo of of it and I thought that free roam racing killed the game series, but it just makes everything better, plus the crashes look more painful too. It sucks that I have to wait til 2008 to play it. -__-'[/SIZE]

[quote name='Twitch'][SIZE=1] and did I mention that I'm waiting for [B][U] Biohazard 5[/B][/U]? and [B][U] Devil May Cry 4[/B][/U]? I'm so glad that they made the mutiplatform release move, cos I'm too poor to afford a Playstation 3 at the moment.
[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Oh! Totally forgot of Devil May Cry 4. Can't wait for that one either. Nero is hella cool. Dante is still there too though, so that's cool.

Ah, hesitation founded on ICO 3's expected length is very fair. If I weren't such a fanboy of Fumito Ueda, I'd probably agree. Personally, I find that the first two games have boundless replayability in spite of their short duration. I keep revisiting them - perhaps more often than any other game in my collection. I'd actually argue that the shorter playtime helps to maintain my obsession; I can get through the games in just a few hours, and they don't require days of investment to get the most out of a single playthrough. There's something endlessly resplendent about the games for me. Hence my willingness to disregard negative connotations that come with a measly 6 hour duration (though I'm certain it will be longer than that) and shell out a good $500+ to get my hands on the upcoming Team ICO game.

That being said, I'm sure the next game would still be equally effective if it was bestowed with a duration bonus. Shadow was considerably longer than ICO (from my experience, at least), but sacrificed none of the magic that made its predecessor tick.

As for a port to the Xbox 360, that's solid logic. There are many games that have jumped the PS3-exclusivity ship, and it wouldn't be too surprising if the next Ueda game followed suit. Am I mistaken, though, or does the PS3 have more raw power for processing graphics? One of the strongest points of these games has been their eye-candy, and I was looking forward to the visual wonders that the team would concoct with the PS3's hardware. Then again, the Xbox 360 is a step up from the PS2 as well, so we're in for a treat either way.

[SIZE="1"]Halo this, Fable that, yadda yadda yadda SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP! Get ready, kids, because this year is the
[/SIZE]
[B]biggest[/B]

[B]BIGGEST[/B]

[B][SIZE="3"]BIGGEST[/SIZE][/B]

[SIZE="1"]Year in entertainment history with such games as [URL=http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/armyoftwo/index.html?tag=result;title;0][B]Army of Two[/B][/URL], yeah!

Others include the highly anticipated [URL=http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/stranglehold/index.html?tag=result;title;0][B]Stranglehold[/B][/URL]! Thats right, children! Tequila is back and better than ever!

More so still [URL=http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/enemyterritoryquakewars/index.html?tag=result;title;0][B]Enemy Territory: Quake Wars[/B][/URL]! Oooh, yeah! Ever wonder what its like to be Stroggified? Well, now you can!

Whats that you say, Billy? Where is the love for [URL=http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/toohuman/index.html?tag=result;title;0][B]Too Human[/B][/URL]? Well, Billy, its right here against my knuckles! Taste that!

Don't forget about the 10 megatons of [URL=http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/fallout3/index.html?tag=result;title;0][B]Fallout 3[/B][/URL] coming to kick all kinds of namby-pamby Japanese RPG ***!

Whoa, slow down there [URL=http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/grandtheftauto4/index.html?tag=result;title;2][B]GTA4[/B][/URL], where you headed? Oh. To beat up Link and steal away that feeble and vulnerable Zelda, you say? Well, don't let me stop you! See you Quarter 1 of 2008[/SIZE]!

[quote name='silpheedpilot;787475][SIZE="1"]Don't forget about the 10 megatons of [URL=http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/fallout3/index.html?tag=result;title'][B]Fallout 3[/B][/URL] coming to kick all kinds of namby-pamby Japanese RPG ***![/SIZE][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]That reminds me, tat Eternal Sonata game looks pretty darn cool. I ought to check som eof the Japnese reviews before getting my hopes up, but I'll say now that I like the artstye.[/COLOR]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]That reminds me, tat Eternal Sonata game looks pretty darn cool. I ought to check som eof the Japnese reviews before getting my hopes up, but I'll say now that I like the artstye.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Well, it's not gonna be any [B]Fallout 3[/B] but, yeah, the demo of [B]Eternal Sonata[/B] threw me for a loop. Why, you ask? Because it didn't suck like every other Japo RPG I've played recently.

I'm looking at you Final Fantasy 12![/SIZE]

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tenchi-sama
for the Xbox 360:
-Halo 3
-Mass Effect
-Too Human
-Grand Theft Auto IV
-Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
-Fallout 3
-Blue Dragon
-Left 4 Dead
-Entenal Sonata
-Army of Two
-Devil May Cry 4
-Last Reminiant

for the ps2:
-Dot Hack//G.U. volume 3: Redemption

these are the games i hope to get but i'm a cheap bastard T_T so it will take a long time to get them

[color=darkred][size=1]Tenchi-sama, in future, could you please elaborate a little bit more in posts like this rather than making simple lists? You'll be creating discussion then, and you're more likely to get feedback on your own post. If you're confused, check out the [url=http://otakuboards.com/rules.php?]rules[/url] page.[/size][/color] :)

[quote name='silpheedpilot'][SIZE="1"]
More so still [URL=http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/enemyterritoryquakewars/index.html?tag=result;title;0][B]Enemy Territory: Quake Wars[/B][/URL]! Oooh, yeah! Ever wonder what its like to be Stroggified? Well, now you can!
[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
[FONT="Book Antiqua"][SIZE="2"]
I second that. [B]Enemy Territory[/B] is gonna kick ***.[/SIZE][/FONT]

• 2 weeks later...
For me it's [B]guild wars 2[/B] and [B]Fable 2[/B]. Sure Anet made a few blunders recently in guild wars but the new game will bring a clean slate. I will get to expirience a whole new game and get to be a newb again! Plus there are new races which will be awesome!

The original fable was amazing. I don't care if peopl were dissapointed. The gameplay was fun the story was unqiue and the morality sytem was fun to mess with. If they make this game fable just 5 times longer I will STILL be happy. Why? The original was just that great.

[COLOR="Navy"]I could've sworn I posted here before.

Anyway, I gotta get a Xbox 360 first before I can get any games. While I don't get too stoked about games in general, there are a few games that I'm looking forward to playing.

[b]Metal Gear Solid 4[/b] - While Solid Snake is cool and whatnot, I don't really want to play as him in this one. I want to play as Raiden. I didn't have any problems playing as him in the Sons of Liberty. Other than [spoiler]having to run naked[/spoiler], I thought he was a fairly decent character.

[b]Halo 3[/b] - There isn't much to say about this game that hasn't been said before. While there may be other FPS's out there that're better than the Halo series (Half-Life.. so I hear) I prefer Halo over all of them. I'm one of those who don't play Halo for the multiplayer. (So I don't care about Xbox Live) I normally just play through the campaign mode to blow off some steam, and/or kill a couple of hours when bored.

[b]Devil May Cry 4[/b] - Again, there isn't much to say about this one.

[b]Time Shift[/b] - I don't know much about the game, but I saw one trailer where someone shot a grenade or rocket at the main guy, and the guy froze time, (or slowed time down) put the grenade/rocket in front (back or on the side) and unfroze time, and the tank or whatever was hit bit the grenade/rocket. (and went boom) Think Prince of Persia in FPS form, but cheating. :) I've only seen it once, but it was nice.

[b]Ninja Gaiden 2[/b] - I've read that they're suppose to be making this one sometime down the line, but it's no telling when. Especially since they keep on freshing up on the 1st one. I have no problem with playing the first title again and again since it's my favorite game, but at the very least, the need to move on to the sequel instead of upgrading the 1st game.

[b]Shenmue 3[/b] - I know, this game will probably never get made, but one can only hope it will. I want to see how it would end.

Other games I am anxious/need to play.

Zelda: Twilight Princess
..... I think that's it.[/COLOR]