OtakuBoards

What Are You Playing?

.:[ Revy ]:.

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Depends on what you wanna know Tombstone...I loved playing anthology because of [B]Chrono Trigger[/B]. That game is RP games at their height in my opinion. I am still working on getting all the possible endings for the game.

I wanna bite into [B]FFXII: Revanant Wings[/B]. That game looks pretty interesting, and I loved the Tactics series, so I think this game will be right up my alley. I got the new Zelda edition of the DS and [B]Phantom Hourglass[/B], but I already beat it...thanks to a recent internet crash for me. Left me with a LOT of time to game[/FONT].

• 3 weeks later...
Just started [b]Sekien no Inganock[/b] by Liarsoft. It's the first eroge I've played that's in third person instead of first person, which is pretty neat. The decision system (what I've seen of it so far, anyway) is also innovative... instead of having you decide the character's actions in real time, the game switches to a different screen during certain scenes, where you can choose between hearing various characters' internal thoughts and learning more about the city they live in. Depending on which characters you choose and in what order, you start leaning more toward one route or another.

~Dagger~

[quote name='Dagger']Just started [b]Sekien no Inganock[/b] by Liarsoft. It's the first eroge I've played that's in third person instead of first person, which is pretty neat. The decision system (what I've seen of it so far, anyway) is also innovative... instead of having you decide the character's actions in real time, the game switches to a different screen during certain scenes, where you can choose between hearing various characters' internal thoughts and learning more about the city they live in. Depending on which characters you choose and in what order, you start leaning more toward one route or another.

~Dagger~[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Dagger~ has this game been translated? Actually, I'd be glad if you made a note of any games you post as translated or not XD. Not that it matters until I get off this god-forsaken mac...[/COLOR]

I'm afraid not (it's pretty new--just came out in November). [url=http://www.visual-novels.net/vn/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=618&Itemid=81][u]Here's a list[/u][/url] of ongoing/complete fan translations, though.

Speaking of Inganock, turns out I was a little off about the decision system. (Actually, I'm not even sure about which heroines are capturable anymore, which is actually a lot more intriguing than being able to tell right off the bat.) The first chapter alone slams you with plot twist after plot twist... now I see why people were saying good things about it.

~Dagger~

(PC) Halo 1 + 2, must say i am truthfully im one of the best, look for me in halo 1 multiplayer under the name gunslinger. i play it like theres no tomorrow. if u and i go 1v1, katie bar the door cuz i use rockets. ^^

(PS3) Lair! awesome game, no matter what x play says! the first big boss int he water annoyed me beyond anything else.

o and also guild wars!
easily one of the funnest games eva.
look for me on there

Lone Warrior Matt

[quote name='Korey'][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Depends on what you wanna know Tombstone...I loved playing anthology because of [B]Chrono Trigger[/B]. That game is RP games at their height in my opinion. I am still working on getting all the possible endings for the game.[/FONT][/QUOTE]
[COLOR="Navy"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Ah, nothing really. I was kidding. Unless you're gonna help me cheat XD.

In any case, I started playing [b]Chrono Trigger[/b] yesterday (Decided to put FF8 on hold for a bit. I did get the Lion Heart before I got off the first disc though), but I didn't do much since I was just doing a little testing. I played about a good 10-15 minutes of it to get the feel of things. I did about maybe 4-5 fights. I did the Cyclone tech... That's about it.

At first I was real skeptical about it because of the 2D sprites. Resembles them Pokemon games a lot. And seeing how I'm graphics whore, it's kind of hard to adapt and whatnot. But it's growing onto me so it shouldn't be much of a problem. I do like the intro btw =).

Man, I gotta get me a new tv. Playing this game, or any other game that requires reading can be hard if you can't see all of the words. >_>[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="SlateGray"][SIZE="1"]I am playing a gem of a game. It's called; Fire Pro Wrestling Returns.

It's ugly, the music sucks, and it doesn't feature any 'real' American wrestlers but hot damn is it really good. The 2-D sprites work well with every move done in all it's glory.

It's a deep wrestling game also. It's all about timing in this game so newcomers may be a bit put off by how everything is executed.

The customization options are endless. You can create any character (You smell what The Rock is cookin'?), make any stable, make a ring, make a belt, make a franchise.

The wrestler creation is the best because you can, like I said, create anyone. Bret Hart? Sure. The Rock? Go ahead, I did. Want the Undertaker to school these small-time Japo wrestlers? He'll do it. Colors, combinations, heads, hats, everything you want is in here.

Honestly, it's the deepest wrestling game I've ever played and I'm going to keep playing it for a long while.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Ahhh video games.
So many.

Laptop-World of Warcraft */Portal/TF2
World of Warcraft being really the only game that I play, unless my computer is acting ghey, I dont have time for much else. But I must say that Team Fortess 2, and Portals are my second and third favorite PC games.

PS3- Folklore
Simply amazing. Graphics are amazing and the storyline is pretty interesting.

PS2- .Hack//G.U. Vol. 3
Been following this series and the one before it like a little anime fan girl on crack would.
Mmhm...

=]

Finished Sekien no Inganock, which was absolutely amazing, and am now on [b]Soshite Ashita no Sekai Yori[/b], another November release. (I decided to play this next in part because it's set in modern Japan, which makes it a heck of a lot easier to follow than Inganock's intense world-building, haha.)

The OP movie is [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgnrOojQX1s][u]here[/u][/url]. The character designs aren't necessarily my favorite style, but they're very beautiful & refined.

What got me interested was reading about the premise. The main characters live on a small island that has seen much better days economically speaking, and they're pretty much the only young people left in the midst of steady depopulation. The opening part of the game (which is quite long) shows them going about their lives and is, to be frank, intensely boring.

Then they find out that a meteorite is going to obliterate humanity in about three months.

So... kind of like Deep Impact with bishoujo, but not really. The idea here is that the characters are isolated to begin with, so they don't get involved in the chaos that's happening in big cities. There's no way to prevent the collision. It's slice-of-life--but with a definite end point.

And it's startling how the game suddenly becomes so engaging after the news hits. The characters have no choice to do the exact same humdrum daily things they did before, except now they do them while knowing that they're all going to die very soon.

~Dagger~

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Right now I'm playing [B]Final Fantasy XII[/B]. It's a mixture of really liking the game and yet feeling like they could have done so much more. The battle system is fun, the side quests are fun and the voice acting is fantastic. The biggest thing that's bothering me about it is the lack of a more comprehensive story. I've put in seventy hours and yet there's only been one to two hours of actual story... I hope I'm close to finishing the game since I'm getting tired of playing it.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE=1] I finished [B][U] The [COLOR="Orange"]Orange[/COLOR] Box[/B][/U] a little about a week ago, the single player portions anyway, and I must say:

Portal is the funniest game I have ever played, plus the concept of jumping through holes and ending up in different places and [sometimes comprimising] positions is totally awesome.

but it sucks that the song [B][U]Still Alive[/B][/U] is playing in the back of my head, while DragonForce's [B][U]Through The Fire And Flames[/B][/U] takes place of the cheesy chiptune music [damnit Guitar Hero!]

As for the [B][U] Half Life II[/B][/U] aspect, I thought it was wonderful, and even though I havent played [B][U] Half Life II[/B][/U] in two years, I still remember bits and pieces of the story, which I think is one of the best video games stories, I've seen. Sure [B][U]Episode I[/B][/U] was relatively slow, but I could stomach it to get the rest of the story, but the end to [B][U] Episode II[/B][/U] was a "[B] Holy [spoiler] ****[/spoiler]![/B]" moment.

[spoiler] To be honest with y'all, I almost cried while the advisors killed Eli.[/spoiler]

and now I'm stuck in a rut, cos I dont know if I should get a wireless router for my 360 [to play [B][U] Team Fortress II[/B][/U] and all those other mutiplayer games] or buy either [B][U] Mass Effect[/B][/U] or [B][U] Need For Speed: ProStreet[/B][/U][/size]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]Skip Mass Effect and Need For Speed. Go straight for TF2. It's one of the best multiplayer experiences you will ever have. I have had sooooo much fun with it and the game gets pretty addicting after a couple of games. Watch out though, the level of play is really high at first....noobs will get head shotted right off the spawn sometimes.

Right now I'm addicted to [B]Vampire Savior[/B] on the GGPO client. Vampire Savior is an old arcade game that is part of the Darkstalkers story. The game came out around 97 I believe and for my money, is one of the forgotten gems of fighting games. Right now I play a competent Lilith and a crappy everyone else. The people on the client are awesome and we hold tourneys almost daily, so if you wanna join in....just google GGPO. It's very fun.[/FONT]

[SIZE="1"][COLOR="SlateGray"]I'm gonna go ahead and say that you should go trade [B]The Orange Box[/B] in for [B]Mass Effect[/B] because you've played the good stuff; [B]Portal[/B], and [B]Half-life[/B] but [B]TF2[/B] was kinda weak in my opinion. Especially since you can play [B]CoD4[/B]'s multi-player and get a much more fulfilling experience, or like me, play [B]Unreal Tournament 2007[/B].

As for what I'm playing? Nothing too grand, just kinda goin' back through the catalog of 360 games and picking up where I left off a while back. Playing [B]Blacksite: Area 51[/B] right now. It's kinda weak in the game play aspect but the story is pretty neat.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[FONT="Verdana"]I just finished Halo 3 a couple of days ago. I still play the multiplayer with my firends and family, but I dont have xbox live yet. :animesigh
Now I'm in the middle of playing Assasins Creed. Which is a awsome game. I like the story, the graphics, and gameplay. But the investigation missions are kind of repetitive. [/FONT]

[size=1][color=#8B008B]Currently playing several games, actually. Shouldn't be doing that but...I get bored easily. Anyways, so far I'm playing [b]Devil May Cry 3[/B], [B]Kingdom Hearts[/B], [B]Final Fantasy XII[/B], [B]Black[/B], [B]Soul Calibur 3[/B], [B]Need For Speed Carbon[/B], [B]Drakengard[/B], and [B]King of Fighters 2006[/B].

Really aiming to buy [B]Assassin's Creed[/B] and probably all of the [B]Guitar Hero[/B] games, and [B]Rock Band[/B]...after I buy a PS3. Sadly, I'm too lazy to buy any of those at the moment.[/size][/color]

Currently replaying SaGa Frontier. I've become obsessed with achieving god mode with one of the characters (blue) and beating every final boss in the game solo (which is nigh impossible but fun). Typically your party consists of 5 characters, but blue is the only character that can learn ALL skills. I beat one of the final bosses in 3 turns. I beat another which was a six part battle in six turns...Blue's that bad. Now I'm debating who I want to play next. I plan on finishing everyone before school starts back on the 16th.

Just started [b]Bullet Butlers[/b]. It's like... gosh, I guess I can only characterize it as a crazy mix of Lord of the Rings (or maybe Lodoss is more like it) and Baccano. The main character is a half-elf bishounen butler with glasses and a foul-mouthed talking gun; he slaughters masses of enemies and then goes home and makes yummy tea for his (super hot) mistress.

I haven't even gotten to the OP yet, and there's already been a huge battle scene, a ton of world-building, loads of characters introduced, a hostage situation, flashbacks to the sort of Tragic Past that usually gets reserved for the halfway mark in stories in this genre, and a happy picnic in the woods.

Needless to say, I love this game.

~Dagger~

Recently finished playing Metroid Prime 3 (i got a wii for christmas finally). Main games I'm playing at the moment though are Twilight Princess (wii version). I traded in my gamcube version and picked up the wii version of the game. Some people wonder why but I like to think I had some logic behind that descision.

Also playing Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games as a sort of I want something fun to do game. Almost unlocked all event and it's great to own a game with sonic characters again.

The big one for me at the moment though is Mario Galaxy. Currently have about 64 stars, unlocked the engine room and I want to get as close as possible to having all stars before facing off against the final battle. It's a bit easier then Mario 64 or Sunshine, but it's a hell of a lot more enjoyable.

Well I'm still playing Lunar Silver Star Story, but I'm also playing Rogue Galaxy that I picked up a little while back as well. Both of them are excellent games and if Rogue Galaxy continues along the same line of having a good story, graphics, voice acting, etc. Then like Lunar, it too will be come one of my favorite games ever. It's been a while since I've had two games back to back that were excellent and fun to play.

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]What am I playing? At this very second? Nothing. However, I can hear my brother playing the drums on Rock Band right now all the way across the house. I haven't played in a few days but i keep getting randomely roped in for anywhere from minutes to hours on end.

Otherwise, I'm still not playing enough games because the mac is a douche and I am too lazy to turn my head 90 degrees and play PS2. However, i really want to give the Orange Box a try, as well as get back to Persona. [/COLOR]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Well since I'm taking a break from[B] Final Fantasy XII[/B] for being tedious in the need to spend so much time killing things just to upgrade... I'm currently playing [B]Wild Arms 4[/B], one of three games I was given for Christmas. It's interesting in that cut scenes and the way conversation between characters is handled is cheesy as hell, along with the actual dialogue ... and yet I keep playing it because I like the battle system. I'm picky about how battles are done and I like the HEX battle system for it. I also like how if you lose, you have the option to continue instead of having to go through the tedious process of game over and reloading the game. I find that supremely useful in boss battles since I've always found the game over and needing to reload a tad annoying. lol[/FONT][/COLOR]

Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon

Well, I've pretty much been a Harvest Moon fan for a while now. I started with A Wonderful Life on Gamecube, and have basically enjoyed most of the series since then. I think this one may be my favorite.

The basics: If you've played Harvest Moon, you know what's going on here. You run a farm, try to make money, chat up the locals, maybe even get married. Nothing really groundbreaking here.

Well, except the multi-floor dungeons chock full of monsters.

That's right, a Harvest Moon dungeon crawler. so far, I'm enjoying it a lot. My only qualm is that you can't just buy your "Livestock." You have to befriend violent little critters in the dungeons to milk and shear. However, this is more than made up for by many things, chief among them is [B]you don't have to collect 60 freaking seemingly random items just to get married.[/B]

I like that.

[COLOR="Navy"]It's been a while since I've actually had something to play. Since I beat Chrono Trigger, I haven't really had an interest to play anything else besides Kingdom Hearts 2 (for some reason), as well as Dragon Quest VIII and some a few of the Tales "of" games.

Anyways, I started playing [b]The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker[/b] yesterday. Not far into it at all. Just met Tetra (sp?), and got my shield. I like the little parry thing, but for some reason I couldn't use it on them two thingies guarding Tetra.

It does feel just like Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, but the yellow toggle kept giving me issues. Since I'm so familiar with the ps2's and xbox's controller, and the way their games camera system is and whatnot, it feels funny on this Zelda because I'm used to tilting the toggle (right) to the right and the camera turns right... Instead on this, it's tilt right camera goes in the opposite direction.

And then I realized that I didn't have to use that thing at all while running and fighting, so everything's good for the moment. :)

If only there was a price cut on Twilight Princess....[/COLOR]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Jsut blasted through 5 hours of [B]God of War 2[/B], which isn't as good as the first one yet. Story isn't as good, I'm still fighting the same old enemies and killing them in the same ways, puzzles are still good, but less ingenious and I want to know wwhy I'm climbing on a wall every 5 ****ing minutes. Still, though, epic and awesome experience nonetheless. I do enjoy killing pretty much everyone the Greeks ever wrote about XD game seems to be longer too, since I beat game 1 in about 5:30 while I've got about 5 hours logged into 2 and am only at Atlas.

1 thing I should note - I always play games on easy mode because I generally suck at video games, however, even on easy, I found the first game to be a harsh, unforgiving *****, but in this on eI an in-de-****ing-structible. Anyway, I got stuck and went to look at a guide (because I was serioulsly stuck) and saw how far i was from the end, so putting it down for now lol (have to be at school in a couple hours)[/COLOR]