OtakuBoards

Views on self pleasure

Metalcore501

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]I actually kind of enjoy the idea that I might be channeling Satan through my penis. Maybe I can shoot demons out of it and possess people.

...wait, isn't that kind of like getting a girl pregnant?

XD zing...[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Arial"][SIZE="1"]Marry me.

Kidding. But in all seriousness, to those who look down upon the ones who masturbate for religious reasons, it should be understood that not all members of this forum practice said religion. It is also a matter of opinion whether or not self-pleasure even truly qualifies as lust, for one usually pictures physical lust as a sexual desire for another being, not one's own appendage.

In a nutshell, a person may or may not think that masturbation is spiritually healthy, but there is little argument against it. Aside from spiritual constraints, there is absolutely nothing wrong with self-pleasure. Not nearly as much physical benefits as intercourse, nor is it as (presumably) satisfying, but I digress.

[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Wait.

People masturbate for religious reasons???[/FONT][/QUOTE]

You wish. Though I'll admit it would certainly be one popular Religion.

I think what was being referred to is that many religions consider it a sin, or a borderline sin and that not everybody believes in such a religion.

[quote name='Odin M Yggdrasi']You wish. Though I'll admit it would certainly be one popular Religion.

I think what was being referred to is that many religions consider it a sin, or a borderline sin and that not everybody believes in such a religion.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Actually, if you're REAL technical about it, then i masturbate for religious reasons. You see, in my religion, I am god (this is not a joke, I really do believe this, but that discussion's for another time) and thereby, when I masturbate, it cold be considered ritualistic appeasement to myself.

Also, I lol'd at 'borderline sin'.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE]
And that's just the male point-of-view. It might shock you, but girls do it too. They might not be as outspoken about it, but it's just as accepted and normal habit as men's masturbation.

[/QUOTE]

Yup, tis be true. I know about like... lots of my friends that just happen to be girls that do (well.. those that don't have bf's... and those that do but it's a long distance relationship.)

At any rate, what's so wrong about it? Would you rather go without said pleasure and end up getting all pms-y about it when you haven't, when clearly there is a simple way to have said pleasure back? I think not, but then again, what you do with your body is your own business, and I have no right to say otherwise... I'm just saying that you're missing out pal. Sorry.

[quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]I have this horrible feeling that DB's going to start some sort of cult of masturbation in the future. Can't you just imagine him going door-to-door, Jehova's Witness style, to talk about it? I bet people would join, too.[/color][/QUOTE]

[color=#606060]Either that or we'll have some new Adam's Angels style group on OB that will have a very different theme, lol.[/color]

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]I have this horrible feeling that DB's going to start some sort of cult of masturbation in the future. Can't you just imagine him going door-to-door, Jehova's Witness style, to talk about it? I bet people would join, too.[/color][/QUOTE]Don't go giving him ideas Des! If that happens, I am soooo blaming you for it, you know that right? *laughs*

Don't you help with those ideas either James! :p *laughs even more*[/COLOR]

[quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]I have this horrible feeling that DB's going to start some sort of cult of masturbation in the future. Can't you just imagine him going door-to-door, Jehova's Witness style, to talk about it? I bet people would join, too.[/color][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Actually, again being REAL technical about it, according to my religion you kind of already are that. Or something. Because I believe in a collective consciousness, so in a way, you are me, and in a way, when I masturbate... everyone does.

So, yah. [/COLOR]

[quote name='Revolver'][COLOR="olive"]Boy, I wonder what a Jehova's Witness would actually say about this thread. O_o My sis is a Jehova actually, and she's pretty fun. Don't see the big deal about them. Mormons bug me more.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]Prem... Do you even know anything about Mormons? lol In that respect Odin M Yggdrasi is correct about guilt silencing them. Mormon teenagers masturbate too though many of my friends I grew up with would lie and say other wise since they knew admitting to it would get them in trouble.

Though whether or not they actually felt guilty is another story. So perhaps it might be better to say the silence was more to avoid getting in trouble with others who would tell them it is wrong and a sin.

[COLOR=DarkOrange][FONT=Century Gothic]Here's a thought. It's a shame that masturbation is so often frowned upon and even exists in our society. It is society's fault that it exists! If we were more open to promiscuity then there would be no need for masturbation! And the reason we're not open to free "love" is because of religious morals. Therefore religion preaches hate (the opposite of love), ipso facto, god doesn't exist. Bwaha!

Ok, that was mostly a joke. I realize there were a number of logical fallacies there, nonsensical hoo-bla, and blah blah blah. But, i think there was a point in there somewhere.

And lastly, i say eff abstinence. I'm gonna go yank my turtle neck (jk, i was circumcised).

[/FONT][/COLOR]

I am of the belief that religion has done more harm then good throughout history. Well, organized religion anyway. That's why I don't attend church. Rather I hold my beliefs close to me and keep them TO MYSELF. And that's the key. Everyone tries to push there religion on someone else. Instead of doing the right thing and simply letting people find there own faith.

I too have been circumsized.

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][quote name='Revolver'][COLOR="Olive"]Well the polygamist mormons bother me, other than them, they are nice people. And when they come to your door and you tell them no, they actually respect you and leave.

I was circumsized, but not that well.[/COLOR][/QUOTE]Mainstream Mormons aren't polygamists Prem, those who are have broken off into a separate church altogether. They still call themselves Mormon, but technically they are not a part of the main church situated in Salt Lake City, Utah. :p People get that confused a lot. I grew up in the Mormon church, but there are no polygamists, those that attempt to do so, if caught are kicked out since it is no longer accepted.

As for this topic. I have no opinion. It's people's choice really, as to whether or not they want to engage in self-pleasure. XP[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Aaryanna][COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]As for this topic. I have no opinion. It's people's choice really, as to whether or not they want to engage in self-pleasure. XP[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]First, bosh. It is impossible to have no opinion. That's not to say one has to go around announcing it all the time, but there you are.

And, my [I]dear[/I] girlie, the topic isn't about whether or not you think people should do it. It's poster-specific. Do you, don't you, will you, won't you, will you join the dance?

[I]*slapped*[/I][/FONT]

[COLOR="goldenrod"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]First, bosh. It is impossible to have no opinion. That's not to say one has to go around announcing it all the time, but there you are.

And, my [I]dear[/I] girlie, the topic isn't about whether or not you think people should do it. It's poster-specific. Do you, don't you, will you, won't you, will you join the dance?

[I]*slapped*[/I][/FONT][/QUOTE]I'll be more specific, I don't disapprove of it. But I don't think people should rush out and do it either. XP As for myself, it's simple, I don't. I've never tried it and I really don't plan on trying it either. I was raised to think it was a sin and I've only moved to making my own decision about religion and such in the past two years.

My first instinct is to think it's wrong because of what I was taught growing up. I've since then learned more and decided that if someone wants to do it that's fine. It's up to them. I have not moved into the I'm going to try it out phase and I see no reason to rush that and do it just because so many others are doing it.

So no I am not going to join the dance as you put it. :p[/FONT][/COLOR]

[size=1]Good Lord, I come to OB for the first time since [i]January[/i], and I'm greeted by a thread about self pleasure?!

...You never fail me, OB. <3

Anyways. I can't speak from experience, as I've never done the deed, nor have I simulated the deed [I can feel the "LIAR" glares from all the people that know me now], so my opnion may be a bit moot. Of course, in my beliefs, and the way I was taught, it teaches masturbation is a sin. Part of me adheres to this, but another part of me thinks that if it'll cut down on teen pregnancy by stimulating/simulating it, then...

I guess I'm indifferent on the issue, honestly. I can't make up my mind. I'll come back later. XP

...Though when it comes to [i]daydreaming[/i], well...we're all guilty of that. ;D

But to those who DO do it and proudly proclaim it so...then please, tell me you wash your hands afterwards. [Just the idea of shoving your hand down there unprotected unnerves me. o_O But that's also because I can't stand the feeling my hands being dirty.]

Edit: Off topic, but lol lookit that. I changed identities. :D[/size]

[quote name='2007DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"][SIZE="4"]
UNCUT, B*****S!!!![/SIZE]
[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Good to see you so thrilled about it DB. Truth be told, it's actually healthier for you to have it done. Trust me, circumcision is not just for the jewish. It's true that it's never too late to have it done, but I wouldn't advice it anymore since this is trauma you'll actually be able to remember. I once met a guy who tried to do himself was box cutter. This is not a recommended proceedure.

Besides, I always thought that that extra skin would just get in the way of a good rub. Though I suppose it would be hard to relate since it would be hard to know from both perspectives.

[quote name='Starwind']I once met a guy who tried to do himself was box cutter. This is not a recommended proceedure.[/QUOTE]

[size=1]O_O

It's like that urban legend where that guy did home lipo for a friend and wound up killing him because he gave him too much too much anesthetic.

Lawrd, does anyone go to the doctor anymore?[/size]

[quote name='Starwind']Truth be told, it's actually healthier for you to have it done. Trust me, circumcision is not just for the jewish. [/QUOTE]
[COLOR="DarkOrange"]
The difference in health is so unbelievably minuscule. And besides, I'm the guy who eats **** off the ground, hasn't brushed his teeth in going on 3 years, doesn't wash his hands after going to the bathroom and once has a fungus growing in my hair. Health means NOTHING to me.

BTW, if you couldn't tell from my pics, I'm already a Jew, lol. Though I'm the least Jewish Jew of all time.
[/COLOR]