OtakuBoards

Long Time Hiatuses

Domon

[COLOR="Blue"]Okay, so I've been on again and off again with OB and the internet all together. What I'm posting is to ask this of any other members who have done this too and if they come back and see multiple things have changed among new faces and how they cope.

Me, I just kind of go with the flow and such I mean. I really haven't been on due to my evil dial-up connection at home and I just recently got a new laptop with wireless connection. So yeah, anyone else have this kind of experience??[/COLOR]

[quote name='lea']That's not a sage. That's a fluffy owl.[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Then I must be a mouse. (or a rat... or a rat-boy.... this explains a lot)

Anywho, I don't realy go on hiatus much, and even when I come here far less than usual no one notices becaue I'm still here far more than they are XD. There have been a couple times in the past few years where I was gone for a bit. The first time was moving into a new house 2 years ago and osing internet for a month - a month I spent crying and being pissed about not having internet while my organs twisted around my brain tightly. The next was a mildly enjoyable 2-month disconnection. Both times, I jsut sort of alked back in - I wans't really well-known then anyway, so whatever.

Does being banned count as hiatus? XD The times that happened, I just sort of 'laid low' when I got back. [/COLOR]

I took a... what... 3 year hiatus from this website?

I finally came back to watch Jake be a jerk on the music forums, and it was funny to see how many of my old OB buddies were here when I returned.

[quote=DeathKnight]New people become old people. Some old people leave.

Life carries on.[/quote]

And some alive people become dead people. Well, actually, all alive people become dead people eventually.

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]I took a long break from here not too long ago...sometimes I'm on here a lot, sometimes not...depends on my school schedule and what I'm doing at the time. Sometimes, it's just a thing of nothing interesting being on the boards that I wanna talk about. So it's kind of a hodge-podge of reasons for me.

Welcome back anyways Domon....[/FONT]

[quote name='Sandy']I've been a member here for almost six years now, and I've never had a long time hiatus. [B]Shows what a no-life [I]I[/I] am[/B]. XP[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]*Has been around even longer than Sandy*

¬_¬' ...

Yeah, thanks for that Sandy. :p

All kidding aside, it's as Ken said, but it's always good to see a few familiar faces from the past return.[/SIZE]

[color=deeppink]I was on a ridiculous amount of time within the first few months, and I mean a lot. DB claims to post a ridiculous amount, but he's really a lightweight.

Then, when we switched from V2 to V3, I lost most of my momentum, and I posted fewer times until just up and leaving sometime in early 2004. Then Otakupedia brought me back in late 2006, and here I am.[/color]

I have very little life outside of the internet. If I'm on hiatus ever, I'm usually not home.

Protip, folks: if you know where I live and notice I've stopped posting for a few days, you can probably pull off a more or less successful robbery.

And now we lie in wait and hope DeadSeraphim pops up in this thread somewhere...

[quote name='Nerdsy'][color=deeppink]I was on a ridiculous amount of time within the first few months, and I mean a lot. DB claims to post a ridiculous amount, but he's really a lightweight.
[/color][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]Forgive me if the OB decided every post had to be quality XD. I can match a weeks worth of OB posts with a day's worth on Megatokyo because of that fact alone, lol. [/COLOR]

[quote name='2008DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Forgive me if the OB decided every post had to be quality XD. I can match a weeks worth of OB posts with a day's worth on Megatokyo because of that fact alone, lol. [/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink]Excuses, excuses.[/color]

[Size=1]Actually I just got off a long hiatus, I've been gone for about..what 6 months? Wow. I can't believe its been that long. Well I didn't have the internet, I moved to a city, and I've been busy with college so I guess I'm doing pretty well for myself. Now that I have more time on my hands, I sort of ventured back. So yea, those that remember me as Peanut or Pumpkin, hello again.

Glad to see some of the same people around on the mod team. I even see some members that were new around from when I was a moderator are now a mod. So ya, its interesting to see the major changes...

Question though...what did happen to White? I must be filled in. [/size]

[quote name='2008DigitalBoy'][COLOR="DarkOrange"]Forgive me if the OB decided every post had to be quality XD. I can match a weeks worth of OB posts with a day's worth on Megatokyo because of that fact alone, lol. [/COLOR][/QUOTE][color=#4B0082]You would've fit right in during version 3. Actually, it's kind of scary to think what you would've been like in the Padded Room Party. :nervous:[/color]

[quote name='Pumpkin'][Size=1]Question though...what did happen to White? I must be filled in. [/size][/QUOTE][color=#4B0082]He's still around as 8bit, though not as active anymore. Check out Otaku Idol 2 in the Convention Center forum to see his rise to Event Master (and a juicy bit of drama). His decline and fall is only documented in the staff forum though. ;)

Anyway, I remember back in Summer of 2002 I was away from OB for about a month straight. Or should I say, OB was away from me and, in fact, everyone. There was some trouble during the transition between versions 4 and 5, I believe, which caused the downtime. But that's the longest hiatus I've experienced.[/color]

[quote name='Pumpkin'][Size=1]Actually I just got off a long hiatus, I've been gone for about..what 6 months? Wow. I can't believe its been that long. Well I didn't have the internet, I moved to a city, and I've been busy with college so I guess I'm doing pretty well for myself. Now that I have more time on my hands, I sort of ventured back. So yea, those that remember me as Peanut or Pumpkin, hello again.

Glad to see some of the same people around on the mod team. I even see some members that were new around from when I was a moderator are now a mod. So ya, its interesting to see the major changes... [/size][/QUOTE]It's good to see you around again, I wondered what happened to you. ;)

Anyway, I haven't really taken a long break since I haven't really been around that long to begin with and I'm not planning on taking a long break any time soon either. There's too many things around here that I'm involved in. XP

So my longest time away has been from being sick or preparing for a concert or when I had to do my final Master's Performance. Though most of those only translated into about a week of being away. Not that long at all. lol

[quote name='Desbreko'][color=#4B0082]You would've fit right in during version 3. Actually, it's kind of scary to think what you would've been like in the Padded Room Party. :nervous:[/color][/QUOTE]

[SIZE="1"]Heh, yeah V3 was a fun time for us all, a very spammy, fun time. :animesmil

Hard to believe it's six years ago isn't it Des ?[/SIZE]

[font=franklin gothic medium]I think it will be truly weird when OtakuBoards turns 10. It will come surprisingly quickly, too.

Just imagine saying you were a member at OB for a [i]decade[/i]. I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing... :catgirl:[/font]

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']It's good to see you around again, I wondered what happened to you. ;) [/QUOTE]

[size=1]Hehe. Yes I remember you! I'm sad not to see White around, especially Dragon Warrior. I also noticed Retribution is gone...that was probably the biggest shock to me since he was so artistic and active here. A lot has changed. Sadly. Ah well. [/size]

[COLOR="Blue"]Well its hard for me to believe I've been a member for so long too. Though I think I was a member during the transition from v5 to v6 I think. Well it was when I was a sophomore in High School so that was like five years ago... SO yeah it was during v5! Yaaayyy!! Domon can count after all!!

But yeah, I've been on multiple hiatuses. Though I think I'll try to come back and post as often as I can.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="SeaGreen"][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Going on [I]hiatus[/I] in [B]OB[/B], is a regular thing to do in my net life. It can't be helped at all. It's either loss of interest, too busy with real life (But a rollcoaster it is.). But I won't deny that I miss it a bit and tend to come back. I usally always request a name change (Since I'm gone for like 2 months or more from OB.), post a bit, fill in few request in the art section and join an rpg. That's the ruotine, unless I become more interested in what goes on in OB. That's when I'll be on more and become active and a bit known with other members.[/FONT][/COLOR]