OtakuBoards

SD: Reapers Enclave

Rachmaninoff

[quote name='SunfallE][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]It didn't matter for the Count did it? lo[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]
[FONT=Arial]For him it was more because that was all the direction we got and because his place was, like, a fifteen minute drive from the town.

But! After some quick discussion, this new place is going to be someplace in the Rockies in Colorado, probably below the treeline. I think Beth and I decided on a sort of mountain resort?caves to the rear of the property would be beneficial, and possibly even a cavern running underneath the resort proper, depending on how good we want these guys to be/to have been.

Also, a couple of you guys look into Renfield in relation with Dracula/Stoker, and see if we want to employ that kind of mental subversion, and if so how far. Jim Butcher used it, but I think it was in relation to his Black Court specifically, and our vampires feed for different reasons than any of his Courts. (Blood [for blood's sake], life, emotion, and I forget the fourth; none use blood as an energy conduit in quite the same manner as ours do.)

Indi, you did say [I]West[/I] Coast, right? That means probably Washington or Oregon for our basic setting. I'll do some quick scouring; I could have sworn you said East, and here I was thinking that a trip from Vermont to Florida was easy-peasy. Seattle makes that a little more iffy. =P

Umm, umm umm. Bugger, I had something else. [COLOR=#EDEDED]Probably Talon's game messing with my head again.[/COLOR] Oh well.[/FONT]

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Indi, you did say [I]West[/I] Coast, right? That means probably Washington or Oregon for our basic setting. I'll do some quick scouring; I could have sworn you said East, and here I was thinking that a trip from Vermont to Florida was easy-peasy. Seattle makes that a little more iffy. =P[/FONT][/QUOTE]Oh absent minded one who told me this on Monday no less. [I]*laughs*[/I]

Allamorph (4:19:47 PM): So Indi says Crystia B (5:13:18 PM): I say West Coast in the north near the shore.

West Coast! I was thinking Oregon but Washington would work too. =P

[B]EDIT:[/B] And done... finally! That post did not want to cooperate with me. Oh and for the record, that bit between Nathan and Alex... I have no idea what it means. Blame Darren for that. o_O I also worked with Sabrina a little for Sarvel's little bit there at the end. Hehe. =P[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='Sabrina'][FONT="Tahoma"] I'm curious to know who Eliana is. Though I imagine she's just someone who died in one of those battles where they were not ready for it.

Anyway I hope there is more to it than what you posted cause now I'm curious to know what part of the war he was remembering, at least I hope there is more to it. ^^ [/FONT][/QUOTE]There is and I plan on getting that posted this weekend. You won't learn more about Eliana though since like you guessed, she's dead.[quote name='SunfallE'][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]I also worked with Sabrina a little for Sarvel's little bit there at the end. Hehe. =P[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]*laughs* That was [I]awesome[/I]. Sarvel [I]so[/I] had that coming. Hehe. :p [/COLOR]

[FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='SunfallE][COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]I also worked with Sabrina a little for Sarvel's little bit there at the end. Hehe. =P[/FONT'][/COLOR][/quote]*laughs wildly* XD

I knew you were going to do something, but I would have never imagined that. XD That was completely and totally hilarious. Hehe.

So, I guess that makes either Sir Darren or Sir Allamorph next! :catgirl:[/FONT]

[quote name='Sabrina;817042][FONT="Tahoma"]That was completely and totally hilarious. Hehe. [/FONT][/QUOTE]Agreed, even if Lucia was glaring at Aelx for wanting to watch a movie like Nathan did. Poor Sarvel with the tail snatching though... lol[quote name='Sabrina'][FONT="Tahoma"']So, I guess that makes either Sir Darren or Sir Allamorph next! :catgirl:[/FONT][/quote]I would assume, I need to pm Allamorph about that since I do have a few ideas but I'm not sure what we are going to actually do yet, as in leave and head back or take the place out of action. o_O

[FONT="Tahoma"]Wow... Gavrie was rather[I] interesting[/I] in that post. O_O I was hoping for more about his past... I just wasn't expecting it to be quite so graphic.^^ However, considering that it's a war it makes sense. I almost feel sorry for that party of vampires. If they had realized what Gavrie was capable of, I think they would have run in the other direction.

Anyway, I was going to ask where Karl was but then I realized... duh, obviously he was somewhere else at the time. =P So I'll not ask something so silly. Hehe.[/FONT]

I agree about Gavrie, he just sailed in there and literally beheaded four of them within a few seconds no less. o_O I actually read that part twice to make sure I got that right. In a battle like that I can see how such a lethal attack would work best but... [I]ouch[/I]. He was rather vicious, taking out nine of them so quickly like that. I think poor Alex's eyes would have popped out if he saw that. lol

Anyway, I have posted, [I]finally[/I]. I meant to get further than them getting past the gate but it didn't quite work out that way, so whoever wants to take a shot at it next, feel free. *looks at Allamorph* =P

[FONT="Tahoma"]I decided (based on the history) that humans, if fed upon... would be considered tainted or rather their aura's would feel off to a Shinigami. It's possible that those who are mentally subverted might feel off too, I'm not sure on that one. I also saw the others as not being all that concerned that the humans were dealt with. I talked to Sir Allamorph about that, but not the rest of you. So if Lucia or Alex would have objected to that, let me know and I'll edit my post to reflect that. [/FONT]

That makes sense to me when you consider that feeding is also a form of spiritual seeding that eventually results in a human being turned, or rather it can. I don't know about the mental side of it, but the feeding angle makes perfect sense.

As for Alex seeming unconcerned, he would trust Chris' and Nathan's actions so he might be surprised by it, but he wouldn't outright object. I imagine later on he'd ask questions about it if he hasn't already. Well about vampires in general that is.

Anyway... [I]*pokes Beth*[/I] I'd say this means you are next. =P

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"][quote name='Rachmaninoff']Anyway... [I]*pokes Beth*[/I] I'd say this means you are next. =P[/QUOTE]I know, I know... >_> I've been swamped with a lot of moderation work lately. XP But I'm almost caught up so I plan on posting later today once I get some rest.

[I]*dies*[/I]

[B]EDIT:[/B] Okay the post is finally up. I know I'm a day late... >_> It's not my fault that the site was down when I had time to post yesterday. XP Anyway... next! =P[/FONT][/COLOR]

• 2 weeks later...
Looks like someone was too busy freaking out a bit to even see how the other two fought. =P But hey, I can understand... writing action scenes can be kind of a pain to do. Believe me I know. >_> So focusing only on your own character's part works. Anyway, toasted vampire... nice. Heh.

So that makes me next... I have been working on a post but I've never done hand to hand combat writing before so it's giving me a little trouble. I'll try to get it up later tonight or tomorrow though.

Oh and before I forget...

[SIZE="1"][I]*pokes Sabrina for actually using a swearword in her post*[/I][/SIZE]

[FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='Rachmaninoff']Looks like someone was too busy freaking out a bit to even see how the other two fought. =P But hey, I can understand... writing action scenes can be kind of a pain to do. Believe me I know. >_> So focusing only on your own character's part works. Anyway, toasted vampire... nice. Heh. [/quote]Someone had no idea how to even cover Chris's fighting style since I looked though the thread and there isn't anything on it at all. Unlike Isen who we at least had a bit of her practicing. So since it was hard enough figuring out how to write it in the first place... I opted for focusing on my own character. Though to say she barely saw what the others were doing would be accurate. She was kind of panicking a little bit there. XP[QUOTE=Rachmaninoff]Oh and before I forget...

[SIZE="1"][I]*pokes Sabrina for actually using a swearword in her post*[/I][/SIZE][/QUOTE]I did not! >_> It was Phaidra who swore. That was what she was thinking when she realized one of them was coming after her. o_O [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]For my next trick, Choose Your Own Adventure!

[INDENT][align=justify]The party has successfully infiltrated the vampire stronghold and captured the main security center. The blue veteran, who seems to have taken on the position of unspoken leader, had designated the operation initially as an informational run, and having previously discovered a set of caverns underneath the resort, wishes to check it out. His sister, meanwhile, is quietly bent on retribution for the slaughter of her former associates, and heads off in the opposite direction with Phaidra, Sarvel, and her brother's familiar.

If you want to follow the efforts of the female hit squad, turn to page 56.

If you are curious what secrets lie beneath the resort, turn to page 31.[/align][/INDENT]

I don't really care which way we go, guys; I can do either or. Somebody make the call. :p[/FONT]

My first reaction to this post of yours when I read it was this picture that you used in a thread a while ago:

[CENTER][IMG]http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/2593/whutpd0.jpg[/IMG][/CENTER]
My next was... why not both? =P However, I'm thinking that I want to know the secrets that lie beneath the resort more since you can always poke Sabrina for posting about the other group again. Though I suppose the same could be said about me... only I posted last so I'm kind of stuck unless I edit and add more.

[FONT="Tahoma"][quote name='Rachmaninoff'] I'm thinking that I want to know the secrets that lie beneath the resort more since you can always poke Sabrina for posting about the other group again. [/quote]Uh... I vote for secrets under the resort! >_> Mainly because I have no idea how to write up Chris's fighting style. o_O I think I could try to write about Isen but Chris, I really don't have a clue.

Oh and I love that image too. It's just too funny! :catgirl:
[/FONT]

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']My next was... why not both? =P However, I'm thinking that I want to know the secrets that lie beneath the resort more since you can always poke Sabrina for posting about the other group again.[/quote]
[FONT=Arial]Either that or I could wait until after [COLOR="DarkRed"]SunfallE [/COLOR]or [COLOR="Indigo"]Indi [/COLOR]posts for me to hit the other topic. I just didn't feel like doing a split-scene post this time.

Now I just have to remember what those secrets [I]were.[/I] :p[/FONT]

[COLOR="Indigo"]Start with the secrets Mr. Morphy. =P I'm still trying to pin down some of the details of Astera's past... she's being terribly quiet about it. So [I]not[/I] like her at all really.

I do have other things to cover but now is not the time to add them to the story and I don't want to do more of the same deal of Adrian and Karl training. I think people got the picture on that already.

Anyway, if I can get the mouthy fairy to loosen up... then I'll post. Otherwise, I have nothing to add at the moment.[/COLOR]

[quote name='Allamorph'][FONT=Arial]Now I just have to remember what those secrets [I]were.[/I] :p[/FONT][/QUOTE]Talk to Beth, I'm pretty sure she has all the details on that. I kind of remember discussing it, but I'd have to actually hunt through my chat logs to be sure. All I remember is that it had something to do with [spoiler]experiments and humans.[/spoiler] XP

• 2 weeks later...
[COLOR="Indigo"]Okay, just a tiny filler post with Astera. Clearly this is before she ended up as Adrian's familiar. Also, that picky fairy decided that she disliked her current picture so I found a new one over at DA. So if you could switch that out Darren that would be good.

[URL="http://fc02.deviantart.com/images3/i/2004/124/3/8/The_Moon_Fairy_Moorvett.jpg"][U]Astera[/U][/URL]

Now... post Mr. Morphy! Post! Post! Post![/COLOR]

I can see why she'd want a different picture. Getting rid of the "Princess Leia" look is a good thing. Plus, that other picture you found looks better in my opinion, even the outfit is an improvement. =P Anyway, I updated the main post as requested.

Now my question is... who's next? o_O I'd like to see the bit with the vampires wrapped up so we can not only time jump a bit but get Adrian and Astera back into the main picture or rather back on Earth.

[FONT="Tahoma"]I wonder who's next too.^^ Since I'm not sure where I would go with a post. It seems like the real action or rather information to be had is under the resort. Though I could have the others ransack the offices for the place, to look for any documents that wouldn't be on a computer.

That's what I would do, look for stuff like that. The group might find something interesting. Stuff that would potentially lead into locating other things. So if you want something like that, I could do a small post of the girls raiding the offices for clues. :catgirl:

Oh and I agree, that new picture of Astera is cute. Just as her use of the word[I] Fine [/I] in your post was totally hilarious! Hehe. XD[/FONT]

Okay, if you read my post... >_> Read it again. I don't know where the hell my brain was when I wrote it earlier, it had so many mistakes. I'm sure it still does, but I cleaned it up so hopefully it makes more sense now. o_O

Anyway... [I]*looks at Allamorph*[/I] your turn so get posting!

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Darren and Allamorph already know about this, but I'll be posting either later today or tomorrow. It will still be within a week of the current event with the vampires so if anyone else wants to post, you'll want to keep that in mind.

I have an idea I want to run with so I'd like to get that in there [I]before[/I] we have a serious time jump. If we move ahead, it won't really work. I'll be sure to get that post up quickly so I'm not holding anyone back. :catgirl:[/FONT][/COLOR]

[FONT="Tahoma"]What's that phrase I've seen used in rpg's? I know...

[B]Tag! Your it Sir Allamorph![/B] [B]So Get posting! [/B] :D

Oh and if it wasn't clear in the post, I'm sure the Council probably does do extensive magic research, it's just that the it's probably not something Phaidra would know about. She's just going on what she knows from attending school.

[B]EDIT:[/B] I think I just died from a cuteness attack. I can easily imagine Karl letting Astera curl up and fall asleep like that. XD I think I also died from an attack of wanting to... >_>

[I][SIZE="1"]*tapes her mouth shut and quits typing*[/SIZE][/I][/FONT]