OtakuBoards

How'd you come up with your username?

Lunar

[COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]I'm not sure exactly if this is supposed to be somewhere else but..........
there are many many many many members here, and some have the coolest usernames! along with myself. hehehe. anyway. how'd [I]you[/I] come up with your username? my first username was CrimsonKnight. It was from a "gang" that i made up and i made up the name, too. it got kinda boring. so i changed it to Lunar! It came from Rave Master, Lunar was a commander of some group of sky pirates. she's so cool! all coolness aside, if you changed your username, you can talk about that one, too. =)[/FONT][/COLOR]

[SIZE="1"]Oh the many times this topic has arose here at OB.

Anyway, my name comes from a DragonBall series I came up with back in 2000. It began in the alternate timeline that Trunks grew up in, after he killed off cell. He ended up having a family, and his daughter whom I named Trohan would be me. So seeing as King Vegeta was king of the Saiyans, making Vegeta prince...but then Vegeta's father was dead so that would make present Vegeta king wouldn't it? And Trunks prince? Therefore Trunks daughter would be princess. The series I called Dragonball X(xtreme), which is why I use an "X" at the end of my name. Much artwork ensued from this aswell.

I've been using this same name for the past eight years. It pretty much comes natural now. :/[/SIZE]

[COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]okay, it's alright if people's real name is their username.....i don't [I]care [/I]. I would appreciate if you could maybe tell the grueling process of choosing your username? like what other usernames you thought of before your present one?:catgirl:[/FONT][/COLOR]

[size=1]Following Vicky's lead, mine is my real name.

The only other name I've used (the one I've used since I signed up with 7 years ago) was MajinVegeta. It's fairly obviously taken from my favourite character from the Dragonball Z Manga/anime (which was my favourite at the time), Vegeta. Probably still one of my all-time favourite characters.[/size]

[COLOR="DarkGreen"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]I love Bichons, especially my own dog that is in my avatar/banner set. So, I used her name when creating a user name. There was no grueling process about it. I didn't really consider anything else other than perhaps my own name, Bethany. But I like Aaryanna better so that's what I went with.[/FONT][/COLOR]

I thought about using my real name Darren, but that's always taken anyway so I chose to go with the name of one of my favorite composers. Sergei Rachmaninoff. I didn't bother to see if the character limit here would allow the full name, I just went with the last name. The first one wouldn't make sense without it.

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]Yes Rach dear, we'd think you were like some kind of ex KGB operative infiltrating OB for your dark designs.

I've said this before and doubtless will again, so at least I've got a reasonable explanation down.

Neuvox: Old French for 'new' as well as the name of an old big hair Christian rock band from the 80s. Pronounced 'New- Vo' as in the "o" sound of "orly?"

Raiha: Japanese for Child of thunder, also from Flame of Recca but I never read it, also from 'Memoirs of a Geisha' which I did read. Pronounced 'Rye-Ha.'[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Lunar'][COLOR="Indigo"][FONT="Book Antiqua"]okay, it's alright if people's real name is their username.....i don't [I]care [/I]. I would appreciate if you could maybe tell the grueling process of choosing your username? like what other usernames you thought of before your present one?:catgirl:[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]
[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]
Okay. You see, my original screename was Sesshomarufan. I was 13 at the time and a colossal moron and was a Sess fanboy (something to this day I am not proud of). So being tottally original and cunning, I decided to give myself that moniker. After years of that, I decided a name change to be a priority. So I assumed my combat fatigues and drudged through the war-ridden zone of cyber space, narrowly avoiding trojan bombs and the ever dangerous phishers in order to reach my Private Messages inbox. From there I had to quickly send a PM to James in order to change my screename before I was discovered. From there I went into hiding until my request was honored. And then I won the war, for great justice.
[/FONT]

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"]I think my last account was locked up by a mod for some various reason. I guess i've got a knack for either pissing people off or breaking rules that i don't agree with. A mesh of the two?

So i needed a name in a hurry to reply to some person's idiotic opinion on one of the threads. The first thing that popped into my head was the name that i currently use. I had in my head some romantic idea of the 13th man left alive after some sort of dirty conflict. Or maybe i simply am the 13th of 6.some-odd billion people on this planet and decided to let that sort of irony play out in my name. Either way, i grow tired of it... but i don't want to change it because all the posts that i've posted are linked to this name. Perhaps i will though, anyways.[/FONT]

[COLOR="Indigo"][quote name='The13thMan'][FONT="Trebuchet MS"]I think my last account was locked up by a mod for some various reason. I guess i've got a knack for either pissing people off or breaking rules that i don't agree with. A mesh of the two?[/FONT][/QUOTE]It's more likely that you simply forgot your password since your older account here: [URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/member.php?u=14339"][U]Attimus331[/U][/URL] Isn't locked or banned. =P

Anyway, my first user name was [B]indifference[/B]. Chosen because I joined other forums filled with n00bs and utter morons. You like yaoi? Flames! You no like Naurto and InuYasha? Flames!

So I walked away from that and other nonsense and picked[B] indifference[/B] since I wasn't going to change my opinion to cater to that. I didn't really run into that here though.

Then in the last year I got tagged as [B]Indi[/B] [SIZE="1"][I]*looks at Allamorph*[/I] [/SIZE]I ignored it, but it ended up sticking and even getting used in real life by my friends. Net result... I changed it to [B]Indi[/B] here and Adam was kind enough to change it over at theOtaku as well. I didn't ask him to though.

And yes I changed it because I like it. [SIZE="1"][I]*pokes Allamorph*[/I][/SIZE][/COLOR]

[FONT="Tahoma"]I just went with my own name since I like it. Trying to come up with something else never crossed my mind. Probably because there are a lot of names out there that I like so I'd be switching it all the time. XD

So I just went with Sabrina since I really like my name. :catgirl:[/FONT]

[quote name='Indi'][COLOR="Indigo"]It's more likely that you simply forgot your password since your older account here: [URL="http://www.otakuboards.com/member.php?u=14339"][U]Attimus331[/U][/URL] Isn't locked or banned. =P
[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Trebuchet MS"]I'm not sure, but i think i was thinking of a different one. Vash331? I'll give it a look-see. [/FONT]