OtakuBoards

What'd You Do On Halloween?

Lunar

[COLOR="Blue"]Heh. Hey guys!!!!!!!!!!!!! Since Halloween only lasted a day, and by now you should be done with your Halloween festivites(if you celebrate it). So, I'm wondering, what the heck did you do? Did you go to a party, did you stay home and watch a scary movie, did you go trick-or-treating?[/COLOR]

[size=1]Surprisingly, what was going to be a normal night out at a club (yes I can get in, I know the bar staff and the doorman ;D he's called Tony and he gives me free vouchers) turned out pretty weird. I went with my skull mask on but took it off most of the time.

Highlights: Dodgy muslim guy! Wouldn't leave me alone, followed me for sometime, my RAF officer (and dressed as one) friend came bounding out the club and just terrified the living daylights threatening the bloke with all these weird military things, throwing ice cubes, trading lap dances with friends, doing up the button on Edward Scissorhand's trousers, walking home at about five in the morning with no music therefore making our own, phoning up work and telling them I'm not in tomorrow because my dad got run over (it's not as bad as the time I told them he had a heart attack), laughing constantly, laughing, the death threats people were giving weirdos for me, the ladies... let's not forget them, that pretty girl who's number I didn't get but she has mine ;_;.

All in all it was a good night that started early and ended late. I got back home with a friend and intended to sleep but, alas, that didn't happen until about three hours ago.

It probably wouldn't have been as fun without the halloween theme. I have quite a few good pictures, too, haha.

Best holiday evar.[/size]

Well, since Halloween was on a Friday this weekend, the festivities don't end until Sunday night.

Last night, I partied and got a bit tipsy with some friends... We would have done more, but I was already really tired from driving six hours straight. Today, we're going to the OU/Nebraska game here on campus... But we'll probably leave early so we can go this haunted castle thing. (It's not really haunted. Just an annual attraction that's actually really scary) And I'm sure alcohol will be involved...

Then, on Sunday, we're probably going to the club or something like that. I'm not really sure, but there's loads of fun to be had this weekend... :)

[quote name='Rachmaninoff']I went to a combination Halloween and birthday party since it was my birthday yesterday. So it was first, the birthday bit (which included Indi since it was her b-day too) then a round of watching movies for Halloween and just having fun. All in all, it was a great day.[/QUOTE]

Happy birthday then, Rachmanioff. Even though it's a little late. Double birthdays are always fun. One movie I always watch with friends during Halloween is It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown. (Yes, I know. Why something like that that's not scary at all, etc. etc. It's just a tradition for us. That's why. =P)

@Vicky: I'll be hoping she gives you a call. ;-; I'm glad you had a good night too.

For this Halloween, we kind of had a mystery party. What happens is, you don't tell anyone what costume you are wearing and people have to guess who is who. It didn't work out as well as we thought though, since of course most costumes today don't allow for much mystery. Plus most people told other people already who they were dressing up as, so that didn't help either. It was still a lot of fun though. Besides that, I think some guys got on the roof and tried to throw tootsie rolls at trick or treaters. So yeah, it was a fun night too.

I forgot to buy candy and emptied the contents of my junk cuboard into two bowls and handed them out to all the little kids (majority Witches).
Never [i]ever[/i] forget to buy candy, panic while being a good motivator is not good for the heart.
After trick or treating kids, I put a sign on the door saying no one was home and headed to a bar paid my money and after the first three drinks everything is kinda fuzzy....all in all a fuin night had by all

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]I went to a rather laid back house party comprised of six people who all loved blood, vampires, and the Muppet Show. We watched the Alice Cooper episode. Also, while there and totally sober, my male creature publically stated to our group of friends that we're not 'utterly together' and I turned it into a hilarious joke that made the whole room laugh. Because I am that tortured about the whole situation.

Him: "So we're not completely together because I have commitment issues."
Me: "Also known as a Y chromosome. But I hear there's a cure. It's expensive, but it works."

He was wearing a red shirt, black slacks tie and suspenders, black fedora, black trench coat....plus fangs. He looked like a rather charming male pimp OR stripper. And because I was in spike heels he looked like my extremely well dressed pet. But with the shoes off off, I discovered he's got a rather wicked handcuff technique that combines judo and military police training. Granted I come with years of ballet and assorted other dance induced flexibilities, so I more or less ended up in a functional position again. I was wearing a black bondage skirt I'd heavily modified to be more cyberpunk than it was goth, wrapped my hands, wrists, and lower arms in black and red alternating strips of pvc bondage tap. Dripped lines of fake blood under my left eye, wrote "Blood Is Sorrow Is Love" in Chinese on my right cheek, trickled some from my earlobes which were stuffed full of safety pins, and wrapped my upper body in a taped black tube top plus a red vinyl.......blouse.

In short, we ended up looking like Adam and Evil. (A Cyberpunk Adam and Evil). Pictures will be incoming eventually.[/FONT][/COLOR]

[quote name='Raiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]
I was wearing a black bondage skirt I'd heavily modified to be more cyberpunk than it was goth, wrapped my hands, wrists, and lower arms in black and red alternating strips of pvc bondage tap. Dripped lines of fake blood under my left eye, wrote "Blood Is Sorrow Is Love" in Chinese on my right cheek, trickled some from [B]my earlobes which were stuffed full of safety pins,[/B] and wrapped my upper body in a taped black tube top plus a red vinyl.......blouse.

[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Whoa..........................................

What were you?!

My family and I didn't do the Halloween thing. We didn't go trick or treating, either. My sisters dressed up as fairies and I did the makeup. Without my drawing skills, they would look more like evil faries than the nice ones you see on Barbie.:animesigh I just put alot of red stripes around my eyes and put on some red lipstick. It was so simple, but I looked totally completely awesome!!! Yes, I changed my mind at the last minute. As for what I did, I basically stayed up until 12:30 in the morning watching the second Blade. That was awesome and scary. I thought Blade was the coolest person ever since I was little. I mean, how can you not like a vampire? A totally awesome one, too! If you haven't seen that movie or any of the movies in the Blade series, you should, because you are missing out. It was sad, too. The bad guy was actually hurting and was mad at his father for making him the creature that he was. After that, I stayed up until 3 continually jumping because some idiots kept popping firecrackers. I listened to music, watched this hilarious episode of Fruits Basket and then watched the final episode. Then I drew a little and read Wallflower. So yeah......................that was my Halloween.[/COLOR]
[img]http://www.impawards.com/2004/posters/blade_trinity.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Europa'][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Whoa..........................................

What were you?![/QUOTE][/color]

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]It's open to interpretation. Like most costumes.

A mummy could just be a terrible burn victim. A Playboy bunny could be an out of work actress.[/FONT][/COLOR]

I had candy duty. I sat outside and passed out candy to the trick or treaters. We didn't get many this year, around 20 or so kids and still have a bag of candy in the fridge. I'm not complaining though that candy is mine. :catgirl: I was also dressed up sort of like a witch but all the kids thought i was a vampire. I can't get way from looking like a vampire I guess no matter what I do. :animesmil

[SIZE="1"]I had a halloween party to go to.

I got off work at 5:30pm, went home and quickly ate something then rushed to the park to do some running since I didn't have class last night (martial arts). It was getting dark so I wasn't able to do my normal running. Freakin daylight! I showered, blah, blah, and put my costume on. I went as a pirate. At around 8:30 I headed over to my friend's house so she could do my make up then we went to the party. It was a total blast, we were laughing all night.

We didn't leave untill 4:30am.[/SIZE]

[color=#9933ff]I worked on halloween 6am-2pm then 5pm-9pm. I did dress up though. The first eight hours I stapled some sponges to a t-shirt and was self absorbed. I also was forced to listen to some woman that work had hired to entertain the residents. I swear I thought party music was supposed to be upbeat and happy. And I thought we were supposed to keep the residents entertained at a party. Most of this woman's songs were like something to induce a coma by- one guy left.

The second shift I borrowed a costume from my mom and was supposed to go through four hours as a renessance (can't spell) princess or something. But the sleeves were too damn itchy and I had to do a shower. So I changed back into my uniform.

Some of my co-workers dressed up too. The human resources lady was a devil, one med passer was a 1/2 angel 1/2 devil and the other one was Robin Da Hood (loong story, but if you want I can explain later) Then second shift another one of the med passers was a Cosmopolitan. That was kinda cool.

My daughter went Trick-or-treating with my mom if anyone cares. She was Cinderella. Then when my mom brought her back home she helped hand out the candy. She kept saying 'My kids are here' when the trick or treaters would ring the bell.[/color]

That's adorable Chibi it makes me look forward for what's to come.

On to my 31st, it was pretty laid back and relaxing with the baby coming and all. My girlfriend and I just passed out candy to the kids and listened to music and did a little dancing and afterwards I gave her a lil' massage because lately she's been so tense, but then again who wouldn't, so, overall a great Halloween.

[FONT="Garamond"]I think I had the best Halloween I've ever had. And I'm totally not just saying that. Seeing as I just moved here to Vancouver all of a week ago, I didn't have high hopes. I didn't even think I would do anything for Halloween, which was kind of sad but I had a lot going on. I ended up being invited to a Halloween party by a friend at her two gay friend's new apartment. I met up with her downtown at around 5:30 and we bussed it to her place in North Van and she filled me in on stuff I should know about the places that were nearby. When we got there, we watched Coffee Prince (yay!) for a bit then went to pick up another friend. After we were all together, we got ready. I was extremely unprepared so I was a hobo for halloween.

My friend was Amy Winehouse (it was uncanny, I kid you not. Also, really really hot) and her other friend was Amy Winehouses' boyfriend. We took the bus, which had some scary drunk old man on it, and then took the seabus which was amazing. The seabus was a gongshow, because people just ended taking pictures of other people in costume. It was hilariousss and some people would stare at my friend without saying anything. Most people did say something though and they were like "Wow... you really look like her." Hahahah.

The rest of the night included cosmopolitans, walking around downtown, going to English Bay, being followed by some weird drunk dressed up as Dexter, being ditched by a cab, ghost stories on the balcony and going back to one of the girls' houses to sleep (more like a nap, really).

A very successful Halloween, I think.[/FONT]

[quote name='Raiha'][COLOR="DarkOrchid"][FONT="Times New Roman"]It's open to interpretation. Like most costumes.

A mummy could just be a terrible burn victim. A Playboy bunny could be an out of work actress.[/FONT][/COLOR][/QUOTE]

I like the way you think, Raiha. XD That is an interesting way to look at costumes.

@Chibihorsewoman: Sure, tell us the story behind Robin Da Hood if you don't mind. Halloween stories are fun.

And I had no idea you had a daughter. Her costume sounds like it was very cute. How old is she?

Working on Halloween though isn't the best. I hope you made the most of it.

I smoked a bit of weed and went dressed up to the NYC street Halloween parade with my roommates and a bunch of friends. We ended up in alphabet city trashed off our arses in some dark bar filled with storm troopers. We then proceeded to move the party on home to our apartment. The party didn't end until late Sunday afternoon.

It was one interesting weekend full of weed, booze, transvestites and sex.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v93/leewee/meowcropped1.jpg[/IMG]

I think I need to sleep this one off.

[size=1]I ended up NOT going Trick-or-Treating like I wanted because I had to get some sleep for the SATs the following morning.

I [i]did[/i] dress up for school, however, which was fun. I went as a rather unsuccessful Rogue - X-Men - as my silver/white hairspray gradually wore off and I couldn't find my black gloves. Other than that I had a bunch of people tell me I totally looked like her. No pictures, unfortunately. :][/size]

[quote name='Lunox'][font=trebuchet ms] Drunk --> huge block party --> more alcohol --> pictures --> facebook --> I realize I look pretty terrible when drunk --> but I leave them up anyway because it was fun.[/font][/QUOTE]
Sounds like my kinda halloween, sorta like my own only I don't remember half of it. All in all a good night xD

[COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"][SIZE="1"]I had class until 5. Then my roommate & I hung out for a while. Then we got dressed up for her band concert, & I went & chilled with some people.
Then I got completely drunk at a party. Went & got pizza in the middle of the night. Went back to my friend's apartment & tripped for the first time in my life. Stayed there all of Saturday, then partied again Saturday night.

It was pretty crazy.[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[size=1]I do have one question regarding Halloween...

[B]How many Jokers did you count?[/b]

Original comic book Joker or Jack N's Joker doesn't count. We counted 26 including the silly boy who was still wearing Joker make-up in Primark on Sunday.[/size]

[quote name='Vicky'][size=1]I do have one question regarding Halloween...

[B]How many Jokers did you count?[/b]

Original comic book Joker or Jack N's Joker doesn't count. We counted 26 including the silly boy who was still wearing Joker make-up in Primark on Sunday.[/size][/QUOTE]

[font=trebuchet ms] The question for me is "how many nurse-Jokers did you see?"

Because I didn't see any normal jokers, they were all in nurse outfits. lol[/font]

[quote name='Nessaja']I like the way you think, Raiha. XD That is an interesting way to look at costumes.

@Chibihorsewoman: Sure, tell us the story behind Robin Da Hood if you don't mind. Halloween stories are fun.

And I had no idea you had a daughter. Her costume sounds like it was very cute. How old is she?

Working on Halloween though isn't the best. I hope you made the most of it.[/QUOTE]

[color=#9933ff]Well My co-worker kinda looked like a Leprechan pimp because she had this emerald green fedora with a feather in it. The hat matched the dress she was wearing perfectly and she was carrying a bag with a dollar sign on it. She claimed the costume was supposed to be Robin Da Hood. That's what the package said.

Yes, I definately have a daughter- she just turned four back in September. I talk about her a lot.

And yeah, working on Halloween isn't always fun. But when you work somewhere that allows you to dress up and have fun it makes it a little better. I've just learned to deal with it.[/color]