OtakuBoards

PS3 Headsets: Bluetooth or Wired?

Muad'Dib

[FONT="Book Antiqua"][COLOR="Navy"]Well, since I've got my 2008 tax return, I can finally afford the PS3 I've been trying to save up for ever since Little Big Planet came out. Now, I'm a big online gamer, so a headset is going to be pretty essential if and when I actually purchase said console. I've been looking at various models, and opinions seem very divided as to which one is really the best. Bluetooth headsets seem like the way of the future, but they're so obscenely expensive. On the other hand, the only wired headset I've been able to find for the PS3 plugs into the console itself, rather than the controller, and apparently has a reputation for breaking.

So the question I pose to you is this: Are the bluetooth headsets worth the money? If not, is there a particular headset that you can recommend?

Thanks in advance for your help.[/COLOR][/FONT]

[FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]
I've heard some pretty lulzy stories about bluetooth headsets failing on people, so it's a mixed bag either way. I'd say go for the wired headset, since it would cost you less money and you could have money for other things. Like more games. I'd definitely go first party, however. 3rd party headsets are always breakable/ not as good.[/FONT]

Yeah, bluetooth headsets are a tad pricey and there are many tales of epic fail to be told. That said, if the only wired headset you can find plugs into the controller it's technically using bluetooth anyway. Might as well splash out and avoid having to go through a pad to get a good signal.

[quote name='Korey'][FONT="Franklin Gothic Medium"]
3rd party headsets are always breakable/ not as good.[/FONT][/QUOTE]

[FONT="Book Antiqua"][COLOR="Navy"]Not so, actually. At least, not with the good brands. I've been using a Plantronics headset on my 360 for a long time, and it's way better than the standard Microsoft one, even though it costs about the same.

Anyway, thanks for the advice guys. I guess I'll be going wired after all. :)[/COLOR][/FONT]