OtakuBoards

What did you get your parent(s) for Christmas?

Shy

[color="#0000ff"]My mom desperately needed a new TV so my brother and I split a nice new Samsung model for her :)[/color]

[color="#0000ff"]She also loves Shakespeare and usually gets a Shakespeare calendar every year so, while it unfortunately isn't here yet, I did get her the calendar too.[/color]

[quote name='Shy' timestamp='1324754257' post='710736']
Is your Mom a farmer?

- Shy
[/quote]

She's actually a Master Gardener, but close enough, right?

[quote name='chibi-master' timestamp='1324755379' post='710737']
I got my Dad the 2012 Farmer's Almanac and my mom a sweater.
[/quote]

See? This is great. Great minds think alike.

My mom, my little sister, and I all chipped in to get my Dad the latest iPhone. (He sure loves his toys and gadgets, so it was an easy choice.) We actually gave it to him a few weeks ago, and he's been gleefully playing with it ever since. I got my mom the CD audiobook of Haruki Murakami's [url="http://www.amazon.com/1Q84-Haruki-Murakami/dp/0307593312/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1324783469&sr=8-1"]1Q84[/url] for her to listen to during her long commutes. It's one of my favorite books of all time, and massive to boot. It was published in three fat hardcover volumes in Japan, so it should last her a while.

[size="1"]My mom and step dad were a lot easier to buy for than my dad. I only got my dad a few things of nuts and a calendar for his shop, but my brother got him some new wiper blades and a movie so that made up for it, hah.

I got my mom a juicer(which she asked for), some hiking WigWam socks, a huge bag of Jasmin rice from the Asian market, a western style ornament(they both have always loved westerns). I still have a few more things I plan to buy them but I probably won't see them until next weekend anyway.

Christmas at my dad's was boring and awkward, but my boyfriend's family is huge and crazy. I had so much more fun there.[/size]

[b]ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!!!1[/b]
But the rest of my family got some okay stuff. I bought a ton of good wine, and gave everyone a bottle. I gave the children in the family kiddy wii games, (Sims Kingdom and Tiny Mii Ninjas) And my roommate got a bunch of Microsoft points and a gamestop gift card.

My roommates parents are like my own, so I got his dad a guitar T-shirt that plays stuff when you strum, and wine. I got his mom a single egg frying pan, and a pairing knife, and his sister got a GPS for her car.

[color="#008080"][size="2"][font="Book Antiqua"]lolz I didn't get my parent anything for Christmas either. But as for the others in my family, I got my in-law two very nice necklaces, and she absolutely loved them, and I also gave her a small gift card. I got my brother [b][size="3"]Skyrim[/size][/b] and Super Mario All Stars for Super Nintendo (best sister ever I am). I got my in-law's brother and his fiancee a gift card, and got the in-law's parents a gift card as well (and the mom looked at me with sad eyes and said I didn't have to do that :| (it was a somewhat good amount)). And I got my niece a pink stuffed animal, and a Little Mermaid toy. I gave my nephew a brown stuffed animal (dog) (which he absolutely loves since it's so damn soft), a Lightening McQueen toy where the headlights flash, and a Spiderman mask.[/font][/size][/color]