OtakuBoards

Dota 2

Lyndy

Anyone play? Someone gifted me their extra copy and been playing it for a bit. I frickin' pwn with Drow Ranger.

Also, if anyone wants a copy of Dota 2, I could probably get one to you. :O

But yeeaaaah, any fellow OBers play Dota 2? :O

[font=palatino linotype]I've had a bit of a go at it, but eh... yeah, I think I need to get better at it and play it with people I know.

Speaking of which, I've been given a ton of copies to give away - so if anyone wants in, send me a PM on OB.[/font]

[color=#0000ff]I don't know a whole lot about it myself but I do know it's an RTS. The original DOTA (Defense of the Ancients) was a mod for Warcraft III and this is an actual, stand-alone sequel to it. There's some info [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dota_2"]here[/url][/color].

[quote name='Allamorph' timestamp='1335195595' post='711546']
[font=Calibri]Yeah, I read that as well.

I demand more content by OP!!!![/font]
[/quote]

[color=#0000ff]Yeah, I suppose I should have known that the Wikipedia page was pretty much common knowledge ;) I second your [s]request[/s] demand for more info![/color]

Haven't played much recently but I'm down for games or showing new people the ropes if you're interested. Send me a PM and I'll drop you a link to my profile! Don't have any invites left unfortunately.

Petie and Allamorph, anything in particular you want to know? The wikipedia page describes the basic gameplay elements pretty well so I wasn't sure what to write here without rambling endlessly. Edited by Red

[FONT=Calibri]Actually, no, I was rather serious. =D

I can read wikipedia articles about games all day, and it may help me, may not. (Most likely not; those things are devoid of any meaningful content.) But I find that, when it comes to games, if a person who enjoys the game comes and tells me about what you do, what you can do, what [I]awesome[/I] stuff happens sometimes, and are genuinely interested in the game themselves, then I am more readily drawn into it than by someone who asks if I play it and then hands me a GameInformer and says go wild.

So, I read the thread, and got the impression [COLOR=DarkRed]Lyndy[/COLOR] was excited about it, so I googled it and read the wiki article, and then asked her about it to see her spin on it. And, well....

[I]*shrug*[/I][/FONT]

Now that I've played more of Dota, I guess I could explain it more. Dota 2 requires a lot of teamwork, which is why I only play with people I know on my team. Best thing to do is just to guard towers and push slightly without pushing too far (or you'll get ganked). But after you get around to level 6, 8, and 10, that's a good time to start pushing lanes AS A TEAM.Because at level 6, you get your ultimate. You should also farm gold whenever you can to get the items that help out your ultimate. I mean, with the character I use, when I have my items and ultimate, my ultimate is a one-hit kill. :3

It can be either very fun or very aggravating. So aggravating that I curse too much. :'(

But overall, Dota 2 is a very fun game. Takes awhile to learn how to play correctly, and how to use a character correctly. Probably my favorite game now.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks to my Walibi-buddy I've been able to play Dota with Lyndy and her friends, and she's been helpful, but mostly mean to me. So after two rounds of "oh my god Boo you're such a noob!" this was very funny to me:

[img]http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/2786/dotanoobs.png[/img]

Lol bot-loss.