OtakuBoards

Otakuboards Podcast Hosts? Where Art Thee?!

wakashi

I loved the Otakuboards Podcast, and I still listen to it once in a while. 

I miss Cory and Boo's crazy stories from Europe and all the politically incorrect jokes they had with all their guest hosts.

They also introduced me to the greatest fan-fic author ever, Hanz Von Hotzel!

They were one of the podcasts that inspired me and my friend to start our own podcast about a year ago and still going.

We're an anime podcast that record on a monthly basis (usually).

If anyone from the Otakuboards Podcast would like to chat with me on skype or be on an episode, I'd be more than super glad to hear from you guys again!

Here's my email if you want to contact me: [email protected]

My skype name:  wakashi_ml7

Here's a link to my podcast: http://aotpodcast.blogspot.com/

Our podcast ad that I threw together one day: http://vimeo.com/43990869

Edited by wakashi

Hey there Wakashi! :)

Glad you enjoyed the show! Boo and I had an amazing time recording the show during it's heyday and we still joke every now and again about just pumping out new shows. Unfortunately the site isn't as active as it was back then and we have both kinda moved on in our personal lives. 

BUT, we'd be more than happy to be guests on your show or lend our help in any way. I'll forward this to Boo and we'll be in contact soon! :)

Cool. You're my new favourite member. Korey and myself put quite some hours in those podcasts, and though we loved doing it, I never genuinely expected to co-inspire others to make their own podcast so that's awesome. If you want, you can add pingpongsmiley, which is also the Skype account I used for podcasts back in the beautiful days. Sounds like an epic idea. Cool.

Thou.

Lol, yeah, it was late when I posted this. I'm gonna role with that excuse.

Scratch that, we're both wrong. I was supposed to say "Where art ye?" because I was asking about multiple people, not just one person. 

Edited by wakashi

Hey there Wakashi! :)

Glad you enjoyed the show! Boo and I had an amazing time recording the show during it's heyday and we still joke every now and again about just pumping out new shows. Unfortunately the site isn't as active as it was back then and we have both kinda moved on in our personal lives. 

BUT, we'd be more than happy to be guests on your show or lend our help in any way. I'll forward this to Boo and we'll be in contact soon! :)

Thanks for the reply dude! I'm glad you guys are still alive and well, lol.

Another thing that got me interested in the OB podcast was that you mentioned you were stationed in Germany. When I was little, my dad was in the US Air Force, and we got stationed in Ramstein AFB for 3 years. I remember those endless gray skies and constant chilly weather throughout the year. I miss those chocolate hollow eggs with toys in them, lol.

As far as my podcast goes, we're gonna be doing an episode on the Summer Season line-up and then another episode later on to review Black Lagoon. So if you guys are interested in either of those, you're welcome to be on!

Cool. You're my new favourite member. Korey and myself put quite some hours in those podcasts, and though we loved doing it, I never genuinely expected to co-inspire others to make their own podcast so that's awesome. If you want, you can add pingpongsmiley, which is also the Skype account I used for podcasts back in the beautiful days. Sounds like an epic idea. Cool.

Thanks Boo!

One of my favorite quotes from the podcast was when Taco-chan was talking about his new car, and you were like "So it's like a spaceship, but on the ground..."

Good times. Btw, if you don't mind me asking, what was that background music you guys often used for the podcast? It had a sorta Napoleon Dynamite vibe to it, lol.

Thanks for the skype contact also! 

One of my favorite quotes from the podcast was when Taco-chan was talking about his new car, and you were like "So it's like a spaceship, but on the ground..."

Good times. Btw, if you don't mind me asking, what was that background music you guys often used for the podcast? It had a sorta Napoleon Dynamite vibe to it, lol.

I stole all that music off some naive well-meaning website, fools. They're still somewhere on my drive, so I could just send the whole bunch to you, but you can also just download them from their own website. They have neat names like "Grillos Bailar" and "Knee High Knockout", so they're certain to please.

Also, anything including Mr Taco is also my favourite quote. I like your style.

Edited by Boo