OtakuBoards

Your REAL Name.....

Yu Yu Hakusho!

Do you want to share your real name? Do you know WHY your parents named you what they did? I just found out my nickname today, so I was thinking of everyone else and I just wanted to know about you guys.
My nickname is Mimi and everyone used to call me that when I was a little kid. I always wondered why my parents named me that, and I just now found out. I personally don't like the name too much, but I still love my parents for naming me it, since it's pretty unique.
My family and I are going to see an opera next Friday. It's an Italian opera, IN Italian as usual. It's the usual: Two people fall in love and one of them dies. In this case, a man (forgot his name) and a woman (Mimi) fall in love and Mimi dies from a sickness at the end. It's pretty sad. My dad is the one who told me the story and I just asked where he got my nickname from since he is the one that named me Mimi and he told me he got it from this opera, obviousely.
My full name, just to let you know is
Lauren Micaela "Mimi" Eubanks.....
Micaela and Mimi are BOTH Italian and my mom told me that Micaela and espically Mimi are Japanese names so I'm pretty proud of Mimi now.
Micaela is pronounced (MEE-KAI-EL-AH)
Mimi is obvious, (MEE MEE)
If any of you care, that's great.
If not, oh well, I just wanted to get that off my back.
Now enough about me. What about you???

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[COLOR=deeppink]My name is Lance... I don't know what it means.

I know it's roughtly the same name as a mythical night who cheated on his wife with his best friends wife. And the same name as a neat-o weapon. And a Boy Band singer.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sara [/i]
[B][size=1]My name is Josephina Elizabeth Raphael.

Eh, I'm Sara. Means princess. With my last name, it comes out as "princess warrior.' Take it as you will.[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

no way! my last name in German is supposedly warrior. Some guy told my dad that along time ago. anyways, my first name in greek means Helper of man kind. you guys do the translation ;) hmm.... helper of man kind warrior. Lol, don't know what my parents were on when they named me.

Well my name is Kayla, but everyone calls me Kitty. I WAS going to be named Hayley or Hillary, but no, I'm Kayla.

:D I don't really mind my name.... I like it. My name means Pure and Descendent of Collaidehe. My middle name Lynn. (My true name is Kayla-Lynn) Lynn means waterfall, and my last name I have no idea what it means!

So basically my name is A true Descendant of Colladihe waterfall....

Well you call me C-L or Kitty...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by MysticBabe [/i]
[B]no way! my last name in German is supposedly warrior. Some guy told my dad that along time ago. anyways, my first name in greek means Helper of man kind. you guys do the translation ;) hmm.... helper of man kind warrior. Lol, don't know what my parents were on when they named me. [/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1]Heh, well, meanings aren't often a consideration of parents. I mean, there's a name that means 'Noble Wolf'--how [i]cool[/i] is that?! But of course, there was a rather evil man by that name, and it's become a bit off limits.... [The name is Adolph.]

Same sort of thing with Jezebel--I think that's a beautiful name. Connotations are less than wonderful, however. Most parents wanting the sound of Jezebel go for Jessamin/Jasmine. It has a similar feel, without the reputation. [Well, aside from Disney...]

Whee, the etymology nut has found her homeground....[/SIZE]

Michael Steven Hunter....

Michael Steven means nothing whatsoever... my older brother died....and he was named after my grandfather..and my uncle kevin died and he was named after his grandfather...so my parents werent takin any chances...so they made my name random.. however that caused quite the dilema to the shallow minded people that I attended schools with... most would walk by me with their hands on their crotch "ohhh MY C*NT HURTS!!" ..well thanks to my friend adam...noo ne does that no more...

once this complete moron was doin that and walked by me just to piss off my friend adam...2 seconds later the guy was on the ground after receiving a knee to the groin from my friend adam... the one thing i can remember is... "yeh...your c*nt hurts alright hehe" ....oh adam good guy...

[FONT=arial]my first name (Stephanie) means 'crowned one' or 'crowned in victory'. turns out my mom didn't want me called Stephanie though, since there was this girl from school that gave her hell named Stephanie :drunk:. but the doctors/nurses and relatives said I looked like a Stephanie, so my mom gave in. she told me she actually wanted to name me Sarah 0_o'. and yeah, my last name is Dutch, like koolaid said earlier. don't have a middle name to worry about though, my name's long enough with just the first and last name, lol.
[/FONT]

[color=darkred]I bet you have a field day with the Harry Potter names, don't you, Sara? (yeah, okay, I did too...)

Well, my first name means "pure Maiden", second name means "Bitter Heart", and my last name means "Wolf"...or something to do with wolves...

If we add my conformation name; Sarah, I'm the Pure Maidened Princess Wolf with a Bitter Heart. How's that for meaning? :p [/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sara [/i]
[B][size=1]Okay, I can't resist jumping in again. Nike [you know, the gazillion dollar shoe company?] Anyhoo, yeah. Nike was the Greek goddess of victory.

You mentioned "victory of the people," I couldn't help it.[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]
I knew someone would mention that sooner or later.

Bryan Alexander Kellogg.....

Bryan: Named after Brian Botono (Sp). For people who don't know who he is, he was a ice skater who won the 1988 olympics (when I was borN) Unfortunatly he dressed up as a chicken for his costume, so my parents call my chicken boy. The reason I have a "Y" instead of an "I" is my mom wanted to make it look more "exotic" or some reason like that o.O

Alexander: No clue...mom loves the name Alex....Also a nick name of mine

Kellogg: I have no clue...I wish it was because I owned the cereal but I don't :bawl:

I'd tell you my first and middle name, but my first name is boring and my middle name is completely made-up.

My last name is Webb

Webb is an Old English name that means "weaver" as in someone who weaves basket, webs, lies, clothing, and such.

In my 9th grade science class, the teacher called me by my last name and everyone in the class thought my first name was Webb. A few people even called me "Webster" which I really don't mind.

My first name is Charles. I was named after my grandfather. Interestingly enough, I was almost named Gaetano, after a dead uncle, but my immediate family thought that it might open up wounds within the rest of the family. I sure agree with that assessment. I like the name Charles anyway. I mean, all of the nicknames are solid. One day I can be Charlie, the next day Chuck. If I'm feeling spiffy, I can kick it "Greased" and go by Chaz. [I]Or[/I] I can go historic and pull off a Charlamagne (Charles "The Great"). ^^;;

My middle name is Mario. I never shared that middle name with people, up until my high school years, because it previously caused me much teasing. I forget why that name was chosen. I'm sure it's somthing obscure, like my great-grandfather's middle name or something.

So, for those of you who didn't know, my real name isn't Crazy White Boy--as cool as that would be....

Corey William Roos

Corey, as I have found, is of Celtic origin and means Raven.
William means Resolute Gaurdian, and is of German decent (English if you want to get technical).
Roos... Actually I'm not sure what this means. I was told that it's a Celtic form of Rose but I'm not sure.

I really like my name. I guess tht I'm a Rose-colored Raven that's a Resolute Gaurdian.

Mark Andrew Baker

Mark means 'Warrior' (from Mars, the Roman God of War)

Andrew means 'Manly' or 'Courageous'

Baker - pretty obvious

So I'm a manly, courageous warrior who enjoys making breadrolls and playing with dough. (kinda spoils the image doesn't it)

PS. Tim means 'honoured by god'

I use to not like my name when I was younger because I wanted to have a more common name. But I don't mind my name anymore. My first name is Madeline, though I can't remember what the meaning is for it I know it orginates from Mary Magdalene probably. My middle name is Suzanne which means trusting. As for my last name I wouldn't tell that. :p It's not a common last name, in fact I think all those that have that last name I'm probably related to them. In Canada there are only four families with the last name, two are uncles, and one a second cousin we just found out about. But, I know in New Zealand there are more with that last name since it came from there.