OtakuBoards

:) What do u think about OtakuBoard?

Guest AnimeGurl

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sara [/i]
[B][SIZE=1]I [i]still[/i] call it G/S....and no one has any clue what I'm talking about...And Otaku Lounge [it is still Otaku Lounge, right?] is GD, and Sephiroth will always be 'Safer.' Heh.[/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red][b]Exactly. I think the same way. The "n00bs" don't seem to know what I am talking about when I tell them to check out GD. lol[/b][/color]

[COLOR=blue]Otakuboards in my opion is probaly the best thing I (well really N-man told me) ever discovered. I hardly ever go to any other site, unless it has to do with something I need to know.

Really I don't know how long I have been here. I think it was since V.3 or V.2. I don't really remember. But since then it has changed a lot and got better.

Though not to many people know and don't really care for me. Believe me, I have heard a lot of bad things that N-man had heard. Like so:

Who else shall we invite to the chat. There isn't really anybody else on but Spikey, and we know we don't want him in.

As you see that was from a chat. But other than that it is very good. I think it is very well built.[/color]

I usually spend most of my time on the internet on the OB beleive it or not. Other than that I search for other stuff that I need more info on or artwork on Elfwood.com .

I've been to only one other message board before this one and that one got kinda boreing cause (reached 50 posts there before I stopped visiting)... I guess it didn't have as much interesting comments and stuff to keep me sticking there. I've been a member of these boards since the end of verson 3 (just a day before the shut down to change, it really pissed me off) and have decided that I like hanging around here. Maybe because people show more of a creative side (or personality)and not just stright-to-the-point answers. If this message board wasn't fun or interesting I don't think I would've stuck here long enough to become a member (yes, that's right people. I've finnaly become a member [if you haven't already noticed] !! Wohoo!!). I don't think I'll leave here any time soon either. At the moment it's sorta like my obssetion and it gives me somewere to go to when things get boring at my house:p.

Guest Anakin Solo
[b]I especially loved fighting with my ultimate rival, SSJGoten.[/b]

Ultimate Rival?! I am not your ultimate rival. Hhhhmmmmppphhh. *crosses arms*

Anywho....I've been here since version 1...and that was the best IMO. THe ones before this were all right....because I could get away with most of my fights without worrying about getting banned. :-D

Anywho..yeah this version is all right....But I just don't like strict things. :D And nothing exciting happens that much anymore...no heated debates....arguments....things that I just love. :D

[b]I first joined midway through v2, and I was a complete and utter fool back then, but what kept me coming back was the community. Unlike the other message boards I've seen, OB has always had a strong community, even when there were wars (big poppa hump or something, hilarious war) we all just rode through it.

I like the fact that I've always been able to talk to OB members and get on quite well, most of the time :p[/b]

[b][size=1]
Yes. Everything was crazy in v2. Lots of flame wars; lots of rumours about how to become a Master Member; the 'I going to rate yu 1 sta becoz you not like me' people; and the fact that I first thought Piro was a girl. XD[/b]

Yes. Everything has calmed down, and I post less and watch and read more. From the end of April to the end of June 2001, I made 1000 posts. And since August-ish 2001, I've made the last 1000 posts, lol[/size]

OtakuBoards is great! Its held a place in my life for about 2 and a half years now.

And I'll tell you its not just because I'm a net freak, or an anime freak. Its the members of this board that I truly enjoy.

True that some of us have butted head a few times, but over all I must say that you all are very likeable people!

There are quite a lot of memories I enjoy! If I were to list them all I'm afraid you all would probably have beards or would be laying dead in coffins.

Sephiroth don't worry I still remember you, and respect you for what you were and what you are!

Guest Imsirion
I've been here for a year and 3 months now and I love it the same just like I first registered. Other message boards are sloppy, super spammy and just not so nice. Even though I've never became like .....friends with anybody here and I still like being here. Even though I have a small post count considering how long I've been here, I'm here actually often ,I just tend to read more than talk. Not many threads intrest me. But, I'm going to be here for a long time.:)

[size=1][color=indigo] I feel that OB is a decent forums. Although I disagree with many things and tried to fight it....I got um banned twice I think? Well whatever, I've been here since v4. But I was on and off of OB during the end of v5. Only because I was banned and wanted to lay low for a few weeks so "they" aren't all watching me... So there... The Great Forte has spoken... o.O; But I've changed quite a bit... Or so I feel it. This time I mean it, lol...[/size][/color]

[B][size=1]Wheee, v2 was fun! ::goes on for a long time, simply because CWB brought it up::

Well, not really. I'm not Nerdsy, after all. ^_^
[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=deeppink]*eyes narrow*

I've said it before, but I might as well again. Otakuboards is like an escape from life for me. It's a place where I can come and be completely carefree from real life. And it's interesting to see people "rise and fall", so to speak, on the boards.[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Elite [/i]
[B][b]I first joined midway through v2, and I was a complete and utter fool back then, but what kept me coming back was the community. Unlike the other message boards I've seen, OB has always had a strong community, even when there were wars (big poppa hump or something, hilarious war) we all just rode through it.

I like the fact that I've always been able to talk to OB members and get on quite well, most of the time :p[/b] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue]
Those are close to my exact words whenever anyone asks me about my history on OB. Although, I don't really remember much from V2 except for Oz, IM_GENGAR, Trunks, SSJ5 Vegeta, Mystrios Warrior X or something and a few others. I actually used to chat with people like Thimoc when they were actually sane. And I believe Will2x still visits sometimes, he's cool, and Firemac, I haven't talked to him in a while.

But back on track, I've been here a good while off and on, missing a whole lot, but it's been great :)
[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sephiroth [/i]
[B]I think OB is cool, used to be much more insane back in V2, those were the days, I hardly ever come on now, so many new members now, few of them even know me, this old man's time has passed on OB [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red][b]I remember you Safer. *gives Safer a cookie* V2 was pretty fun. And if I'm not mistaken, you were the victor in the major wars, am I correct? GG Safer. I hope you don't leave. And yes, I will keep calling you Safer. :)[/b][/color]

[B][size=1]Ye gods, you're Forte? And you're still here?[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=indigo] Heh, surprising eh? Well with all the name changes not many people know I'm Forte... But um, should I take the whole "And Your Still Here?" phrase in a bad way or in a good way? o.O; I couldn't quite interpt what you were trying to say....[/size][/color]

[color=indigo]Come the end of February I shall have remained active on these boards for two years. I do not know what it is about this place, but I just enjoy being here. Unless there is absolutely nothing going on in these forums, then I spend every moment of my internet time with OtakuBoards open in at least one browser window (it might be open in one or two others if I am looking for references in other posts). Most people here have become like a second family, and as the old playground chant goes: "First is the worst, second is the best...". ^_^

Being asked to be a moderator was a great moment. Finally, I was given a chance to give back to the boards what they had given to me. I was even recently asked if I would want to step up to the next level of moderation. Though I had to turn it down, it felt really good to know that I was even considered for such an honorable position.

I love this place. :)[/color]

I think the otaku boards are great.

Its really the only forum I take part in.

Its size promotes great discussion, and its varies personality types make for an intresting variety of subjects.

I also like the fact that I can always debate topics here.

Its the only board Ive ever been on, and since I started Ive gotten dozens and dozens of letters about "try my board." Not one of those boards will ever really make it because they are trying to steal the fan base of the otaku.

Although I do have to say one thing, my little brother thought that the word otaku had to do with perverted stuff in japanesse. I finally set him straight but it was quite a laugh.

But I have loved my time here.

Im a geek at heart and this site caters to geeks like me.

One thing I would change is the political acceptance on the boards.
Theres a lot of stuff we dont discuss, but this is an otaku board and not a political board. So its cool.

But for the most part, I just love this place.

Plus, having banners, and custom avatars. That stuff is great, even better is the people of the board.

Varying personalities, always helpful with technical stuff, and a great staff.

I wouldnt do anything besides give the otaku a full 10 out of 10.

This place is the best.

[size=1]Piro, your avatar bothers me.

Nerdsy, I meant it in the best possible way.

Mmm.

IM_GENGAR was around on V2? ::looks vaguely confused::

Er..yes. I'm been here for a long time. And I'm not always sure why.

Modded Digimon for a little over a year. Stepped down, and now wander about the forums..a nomad of Otakuboards....

[ooh, dramatic.][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AJeh [/i]
[B][b][size=1]the 'I going to rate yu 1 sta becoz you not like me' people[/b][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

Hey! And my first thread as Dan_Lucking, where I insulted you all and you all gave me 5 stars.. so I gave you all 5 stars... I'm amazed I wasn't banned...

I like OtakuBoards because it offers something for all ages, and interests. whether your into anime or computer games, ob has it. I've only been around since v5, I think may or june. I am usually always on ob, my parents think its becoming an addiction *whistles innocently then walked away and eats a chocolate bar* Like I said, It's great!! and the people here are terrific.