OtakuBoards

:) What do u think about OtakuBoard?

Guest AnimeGurl

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]I understand osme kids are of... less intelligence... And I don't hold that against them.... what I hold against them is the fact that being as stupid as some of them are, they are allowed on the internet. If I was dumb, you wouldn't see me embarassing myself in front of millions of others. Then again, if I was that dumb I probably wouldn't know any better. I'm sorry, the only prejudice I have in life is against the stupid. I have no patience for them, nor will I ever, nor do they deserve it. [/B][/QUOTE]

You don't understand still. See at my school they make me get on the computer. I was about like 5 or 6. After that I got so hooked, I was actually the smartest through the Kindergarten, through the 2. I was very smart for my age.

I am not stupid at all. The computer got me hooked. If that is a problem to you I am very sorry. And if your gonna blaim someone, blaim the people at my school. They are the ones that got me hooked.

My last post said that SOME of the people are good to me.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mystic's Knight [/i]
[B]I lol, sorta deleted my comment.. that was my first poost in this thread and I didnt realize Morph was being an idiot :) Yea, I dont think he understands that TN was probably jk. [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1] Really? I was being an idiot? How so smartass? Also, TN wasn't joking, to me, it seems like he was sincere about his post and what he was trying to get across. Unless he put a =P or something of that sort SOMEWHERE in one of those posts then he would of been kidding. But MK, don't call me an idiot, because your wrong. [/size]

Um, no need to get violent. You obviously dont know TN as well as you might think. He WAS being lighthearted. *Smiles* Yes I AM A SMARTASS, and do rub it in, I honestly love when people do that.

You are being even more of a naive idiot right now. *looks at your avatar*..Beleiving in an unachievable state of being, further shows your ludacracy. You may or may not be an IDIOT, per say, but you certainly love acting like one. Also, he was joking, get over it....^^;

How so smartass?
---> Taking TN seriously and starting unneeded conflict. Resolving a minor joke into a need or cause for conflict is pure idiocy. Thats how so.

I think Ob is by far one the geatest Anime forum. It has come a long way since V2. A boat load more members. Post quality has improved a ton. I think it was better back in the early days, though. Not nesscicaryly better, but more enjoyable. I seem not to post as much now. Maybe its just me....Lataz

-OD

Well, I've been on this forum for about 2 and something years, and I'll say right now that I'm addicted. Yes, addicted. To the forums, to the people, not sure what, but I'm addicted.

Really, I've learned a lot from these forums, and when I first joined, I was just a clueless little kid. Through some nurturing (even though none of you realized it), I've become the person I am on these boards today.

And its the best thing that has happened to me. Unlike other boards, I don't have to keep up an image of someone I'm not. I can live like I do in regular life. And I can express my opinions without fear of . . . everyone else, really.

Yeah, this place has had a few bumps in the road, but it's still chugg-a-lugging along, whether helped or hindered.

And I guess that's why I keep coming back. There's a pull on this place, that captures some and leaves them helpless against the tug, and pushes away others.

I'm just one of the helpless ones.

--Sere

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Morph [/i]
[B][size=1] Looks like someone forgot to check his post. See TN? The same thing could of happened with the other member, he typed too fast and didn't check his post before he posted it or didn't bother to EDIT IT. =D So HA!

Well TN, I guess us inferior not perfect people cannot match to your greatness. For I; Mike am not worthy. *bows down* TN, stop trying to act like your god or something. I mean, you of all people never acted stupid, you were just the little mature kid. Weren't you? If people want to act stupid let them, it shouldn't affect you. If it does, ignore it. But GOD TN, if someone has a typo, don't go jump and assume things. Also, maybe some kids aren't able to go to school facilities that you did as a child and they cannot properly learn in a bad environment. Not everyone is as fornate as someone else...[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

There's a difference between a TYPO and a MISSPELLING. A typo is what I did. Osme is obviously a typo. Osme isn't even a word. When he spelt "band" he just misspelled "banned"... which are two words that sound alike and are different, but he didn't know that.

I'm not God, nor do I wish to be... nor do I want you to think I am. I have delt with the utmost stupidity my whole life. Against me... people HATE me because of their own stupidity. For what I am. Stupidity is something you can change. You are stupid because you didn't learn. I'm not talking about the mentally handicap. I'm talking about people with the potential to be as smart as me or you yet CHOOSE not to. In school, the people who sleep in class and mess around. They don't do that because they are naturally stupid, they are doing it because they CHOOSE too. Stupid people can be smart... haven't you seen Forest Gump?

[color=red] Stupid people are smart. Although to the contrary, it may seem otherwise, I've seen it in effect in my life...

I've learned so much from my Grandpa, as you have seen, if you've ever read my "Choices of Choice" little narrative that I wrote.

My Grandpa owns a Barber Shop, and gives five dollar haircuts for a living, he almost dropped out of school, and went to reform school, but he decided to do as his father guided, and take barber school.

It goes to show that if he can become something out of nothing, and make some use of what skills he has, he can become much more than dumb or smart, he becomes [i]experienced[/i] in life.

So certainly you have your book smarts, your talents, and other such things. But when the thick and the thin become nothing, in the end, it all comes down to experience, and choices. That is what I believe, and I firmly believe it. Smarts are not just found in technicalities, not just in books, but they are found through experience, understanding, constant surveying and perception. That is what true intelligence is.

So just because someone may not be as intelligent as you, lower to you in your eyes, does not mean that they to cannot do great things, and even teach you a lesson or two.

I've learned so much from my Grandpa, I love him more than I can say, he is just such a wonderful person to be around. Just because he has a learning disorder, because he can barely read, just because he stutters, that doesn't mean he's dumb. Those are just his flaws...everyone has flaws...some apparent, some hidden. And to be flawed, to be ignorant at some things, is to be human.[/color]

I wasn't lowering anyone. I simply stated that the kid was 12, and that we shouldn't expect anything, or well should expect a mistake like that. Then I said we shouldn't allow kids on the internet. That itself is a personal feeling not backed up by the sole fact they may or may not be stupid. I just don't think Kids have any place on the internet. If the GI Joe commercial on TV has to tell you "Kids ask your parents before signing on the internet" then I'm sorry, you don't need to be here. When I was 12 I didn't have the internet. I was playing basketball or playing video games. It's the kids that make the mistakes and do many other things that prevent freedoms for me on the net. I mean, James has gotten compalints from little Jimmy or Sussy's parents because they went to this board and saw the dreaded "D" word or whatever. Thats ridiculous. Parents like that need to keep their kids off the internet if they don't want them seeing that stuff. But parents don't care till their kid comes wondering on and sees some naked chick and then they freak out because they are bad parents. I'm sorry, I've jumped way off topic... again.... Just need to explain myself better to some of you who think I'm Satan.

[B] I'm sorry, I've jumped way off topic... again.... Just need to explain myself better to some of you who think I'm Satan. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red] I was just going off the last sentence of your earlier post[/color][i][quote]Stupid people can be smart... haven't you seen Forest Gump?[/quote][/i], [color=red]and expanding upon it, I wasn't talking directly to [i]you[/i], just saying my opinion. Since it was somethign which I hold dear and true to me. So don't take offense, TN[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mitch [/i]
[B][color=red] I was just going off the last sentence of your earlier post[/color][i][/i], [color=red]and expanding upon it, I wasn't talking directly to [i]you[/i], just saying my opinion. Since it was somethign which I hold dear and true to me. So don't take offense, TN[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

I wasn't refering to you either my good sir. Although I can see where the mix up has occured.

lol, I didn't even realize I said that Jimmy lol.

I've been reluctant to post here, mostly because of the newbie alarm that went off in my head when I first read it, but when I saw how much attention the thread is getting, I finally decided to post. ;)

OtakuBoards is personally my favorite forum on the internet. How can I tell this? Well, it's mainly because this was the first board I joined (woah, I was a major spammer back then) and currently, a year and a half later, it's the board I remain most loyal to. OtakuBoards is a very friendly place with lots of cool people, where rules are enforced but you can still hang out and have fun. There are many people with lots of interests, so you can have a decent discussion with someone who, say, is also a big fan of Cowboy Bebop. Having it's own site is a good thing as well; if there's one thing I warn about making a forum, it's that you should have a site to go along with it. The main reason for this is that the boards will get a lot more traffic and bring people who like the things on the site.

From version 2 to version 6, this board has changed a lot on the outside, but it's still the same awsome forum.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by TFlover[/i]
[B]it's a bit confusing cause im a newbie... :P anyhoo i lik the otakuboards![/B][/QUOTE][color=indigo]Yes, this place can be confusing at first. I remember I was totally lost when I was a newbie. If you need any help, you can always ask someone on staff. Whether it be through a Private Message or pop in on AIM, we are here to help.[/color]

[B]I wasn't refering to you either my good sir. Although I can see where the mix up has occured.

lol, I didn't even realize I said that Jimmy lol. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red] lol, we're just confusing ourselves O_O[/color]