OtakuBoards

Yu-Gi-Oh: Rate My Deck

Shy

Solidus:

What is your theme? Your deck seems a bit random. If its light, I suggest you dump every attempt at playing a ritual monster. The reason is ritual monsters SEVERLY deplete your hand count over the course of the duel. That can be suicide versus any deck with hand control or a good rush. Top decking(where your hand is at 0 and you rely on the draw as your only option) is what you want your opponent to get to before you, and running a ritual monster won't do that.

TotalImmortal:

Drop your deck count to 40 instead of 45. Simple matter of ratios, drawing the card you need at a 1/40 probability, is better than 1/45.

You want equal to MORE magic cards than monsters. You can only normal summon one monster per turn, every monster in your hand past the second is dead weight which could be used for staples or support m/t. Drop your monster count to 15-17. God cards are not legal for play PERIOD. You have way too many tribute monsters anyway. I don't see how you'd ever get them out. Cyber is your only option, but you'll need something else. Your deck is too random you need to get a theme and focus your deck around it.

-----------------------------

Now that I've done my part, anyone care to r/f mine for ONCE. It may be an OCG deck but I've provided all the needed translations.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[COLOR=#503F86]HorusFireDragon, try not to be so antagonistic in your tone- it's not appreciated. Constructive criticism is welcome, but not if it's sarcastic or rude.

And with regards to people rating your Deck- it becomes rather difficult if you proclaim yourself to be the Greatest Duelist of all time, heh- what is it we're supposed to suggest if you know everything? I can do my best, but I obviously don't know as much as you.

It is nice to see a competetive Deck that doesn't run Chaos monsters. As far as I'm concerned, the CED is a broken card.

FIRE/Pyro monsters aren't something I usually pay much attention to myself, but Inferno seems pretty sound, save for the relatively low ATK score.

I don't suppose you'd try slipping in an Amplifier for your Jinzo, so you can activate your Traps whilst negating your opponents'? I know something like Mystical Space Typhoon could still get through, but there's always that risk anyway. I doubt you'd have to worry about Tournament Decks running something like Eternal Rest, so it could be something to consider.

That's about all I can suggest. Otherwise it seems a very sound Deck.[/COLOR]

[color=indigo][size=1][font=comic sans ms]I'll disagree with Solo and say that Amplifier shouldn't be played at all, by anyone. An equip ard that can only work with one monster, and that monster's restricted? And it makes that monster even more vulnerable to destruction. No, thanks.

Anyway, I'd remove the A-Team for another Promanince Dragon; A Team is too situational. You're wasting your summon fort he turn to get a weakling monster, and your opponent can simply opt to not activate his trap (or activate two traps) to get rid of it. (A Team does get props, however, for being the first Spell Speed 3 monster.)

You have a lot of tech in the deck, but that's a matter of persoinal prference.[/color][/size][/font]

[QUOTE=DeathBug][color=indigo][size=1][font=comic sans ms]I'll disagree with Solo and say that Amplifier shouldn't be played at all, by anyone. An equip ard that can only work with one monster, and that monster's restricted? And it makes that monster even more vulnerable to destruction. No, thanks.

Anyway, I'd remove the A-Team for another Promanince Dragon; A Team is too situational. You're wasting your summon fort he turn to get a weakling monster, and your opponent can simply opt to not activate his trap (or activate two traps) to get rid of it. (A Team does get props, however, for being the first Spell Speed 3 monster.)

You have a lot of tech in the deck, but that's a matter of persoinal prference.[/color][/size][/font][/QUOTE]

A Team is not too situational. If the opponent chooses not to activate his trap, he'll get bumrushed by either a 2000+ trample rusher called Gaia Soul, a 2000-2500 atk rusher in Efreet, or something like Prominence Dragon...Oo;; The point is to clear the way for my rushers through removal/m/t negation-removal.

HorusFireDragon, I don't see any hint of Spell Negation in the entire Main Deck. The only three I can see are the Horus Dragons in the Side Deck. You'd be in a bit of a bind if your opponent pulls out a Dark Hole and then Reborns one of your monsters. Especially if they used an MST on one of your three un-chainable Trap cards first.

Heh, that's all I've got for now.

Post-ban meta, spell negation outside of Horus becomes obselete. Removal is better than negation because without Imperial Decree, cards that just negate one single card are really a waste of space unless you're playing hand control and want some Magic Drains...removal>negation. And I have plenty of removal..

[color=indigo][size=1][font=comic sans ms]I'm retiring my Fiend deck after playing and tweaking it for several months. I'm now going to perfect and expand upon an idea I had a while ago, complete Zombie deck destruction.

Deck destruction is a hard thing to pull off in Yu-Gi-Oh!, because c ard here and a card there just aren't going to make a difference. However, and entire deck dedicated to it can do some damage, especially if it forces a discard of a chaos monster or something equally valuble. Add in the Zombie ability to maintain field control through recursion, and Book Of Life's ability to remove opposing creatures, and it's a pain to play against.

[u]DEAD (DeathBug Eliminates A Deck)[/u]

Tribute Monsters:
Vampire Lord
Patrician of Darkness x2

Monsters:
Pyramid Turtle x3
Soul Absorbing Bone Tower x3
Vampire Lady x3
Spirit Reaper x3
Tribe Infecting Virus
Witch
Sangan

Traps:
Ring of Destruction
Call of the haunted
Robbing Zombie x2
Waboku x2

Magic:
Monster Reborn
Heavy Storm
Dark Hole
Pot of Greed
Graceful Charity
Premature Burial
Creature Swap x2
Book of Life x3
Call of the Mummy x2
Card Destruction
M Space Typhoon x3
Card of Safe Return[/color][/size][/font]

My Miracle Deck I hope its as good as it should be.

[B][U]Monsters Level 5+[/U][/B]
Summoned Skull
Dark Magician
Great Maju Garrazett

Total:3

[B][U]Monsters Level 4+[/U][/B]
Giant Soldier of Stone
Warrior Dai Grepher
Hysteric Fairy
Regenerating Mummy
Gazelle the King of Magical Beasts
Great Angus
Darkfire Soldier #2
Darkfire Soldier #1
Wolf Axeweilder
Battle Ox
Nin-Ken Dog
Great Maju Garzett
La Jinn the Mystical Genie of the Lamp
Summoned Skull
Cliff the Trap Remover
Crimson Sentry
Dark Blade
Gearfried the Iron Knight
Mystical Elf
Witch of the Black Forest
The Stern Mystic
Maha Vailo
Neo the Magical Swordsman
Skilled Dark Magician

Total:24

[B][U]Magic and Spell Cards[/U][/B]
Monster Reborn
Earthquake
Card Destruction
Axe of Despair
Mystical Space Typhoon(2)
Soul Exchange
Lightning Blade
Pot of Greed
Yami
Poison of the Old Man
Dark Hole
Tribute to the Doomed
Fissure
Swords of Revealing Light
Change of Heart

Total16

[B][U]Trap Cards[/U][/B]
Labyrinth of Nightmare
Robbin Zombie
Hidden Book of Spell
Enchanted Javelin
Waboku(2)

Total:6

Total Cards In Deck:46

[B][U]Side Deck[/U][/B]
Sogen
Bad Reaction to Simochi
Trap Hole
Hinotama
Sparks
Dragon Capture Jar
Dark Core
Pigeonholing Books of SPell
Mass Driver
Infinite Dismissal
Dian Keto the Cure Master
Book of Secret Arts
Rain of Mercy
Rain of Mercy
Thunder of the Ruler

Tell me what you think of my deck and what cards you think I need and which I don't.

Guest kyouchic
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=2][COLOR=Plum] :wigout:

Your deck's really cool, but do you contain level 3 and lower cards? A signiture card of mine is Cyber Jar. I barely have any level 6+ monsters because I defeat my opponents with effect monsters. I do have a friend who dueled at the world championship tournament, Stevie Eldredge. He's currently training me.

[QUOTE=kyouchic][FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=2][COLOR=Plum] :wigout:

Your deck's really cool, but do you contain level 3 and lower cards? A signiture card of mine is Cyber Jar. I barely have any level 6+ monsters because I defeat my opponents with effect monsters. I do have a friend who dueled at the world championship tournament, Stevie Eldredge. He's currently training me.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the information kyouchic and I was wondering could anyone else add their own thoughts to what cards I need for my deck and just so you know Kyouchic my signature card is the Skilled Dark Magician I am still trying to get the Dark Magician Girl and Dark Magician of Chaos.

I have only the seen the Dark Magician of Chaos once I was in a double duel tournament and my partner used the Dark Magician of Chaos and the Dark Dragon of Chaos I think its called and obliterated our opponents he bought it from a store for 30 dollars for each one.

[COLOR=#503F86]Inuyasha7271, I'm sure you already know that you should rate someone else's Deck before posting your own. DeathBug's was overlooked.

The only problem I could see with the Deck, DB, is that the monsters thsmselves aren't very strong. Even Goblin Attack Force beats the pants off Vampire Lord, and they don't even need a Tribute. I'd be tempted to add in a United We Stand/Axe of Despair or something so you can power them up in case you come up against a Beatdown. And it'd be hard to get through high-defensive Decks

My only other suggestion might be to add in a Gravekeeper's Servant to either discourage opponents from attacking or just deplete their Deck further when they do. But it's up to you- you know more how your opponents play than I do, heh.[/COLOR]

Oh I didn't notice someone else had posted. All I have to say about DB's deck is that he could use some stronger tribute monsters, but with the traps and magic cards he has I guess that could make up for the lack of a strong attack. There are two good cards I have that could work in your deck though Reguvenating Mummy who has 1800 attack and 1500 def. he can be special summoned to the field from the graveyard if destroyed in your hand and Spirit of the Pharoah a six star monster who has 2500 attack and 2000 def. he can only be summoned with First Sarcophagus he can special summon zombie monsters 4 and under to battle from the Graveyard. I would use him, but I don't have first Sarcophagus.

I would also like to know could anyone else give me help with my deck cause I'm pretty sure I am missing some cards that could help me win I just haven't figured out which.

Here I lay my master deck (no specific order)
Enjoy n.n

[COLOR=Indigo][U]Fusion Deck[/U][/COLOR] [COLOR=Blue][U]Ritual Summon[/U][/COLOR]

Thousand Dragon
Super Roboyarou
Paladin of White Dragon
Black Luster Soldier
[COLOR=SandyBrown]
[U]Monster Deck[/U][/COLOR]

Blue-Eyes White Dragon
Skull Red Bird
The Illusory Gentleman x2
Beaver Warrior
Crawling Dragon
Mystic Horseman
Feral Imp
Neo the Magic Swordsman
Mystic Clown
Kojikocy
Great White
Uraby
Koumori Dragon
Rouge Doll
Dark Blade
Celtic Guardian
Warrior Dai Grepher x3
La Jinn the Mystical Genie of the Lamp
Opticlops
Ryu-Kishin Powered
Battle Ox
Master Kyonshee
Winged Dragon, Guardian of the Fortress #1
Gazelle the King of Mythical Beasts
Baby Dragon
Octobeser
Hyozanryu
Luster Dragon #2
Mystical Elf
The Dragon Dwelling in the Cave x3
Gaia the Fierce Knight
Giant Soldier of Stone
Dark Magician
Summond Skull
Girochin Kuwagata
Souls of the Forgotten
Dark Bat
Dokuroyaiba
Oni Tank T-34

[COLOR=Sienna][U]Effect Monsters[/U][/COLOR]

Keiser Sea Horse
Gradius's Option
Mysterious Guard x2
Wall of Illusion
Giant Rat
Royal Magical Library
Hane-Hane
Woodland Sprite
Dragon Manipulator
Ryu-Kishin Clown x3
Sangan
Skull Knight #2
Arcane Archer of the Forest
Kuriboh
Sonic Bird
Zombyra the Dark
Mysterious Puppeteer
Birdface
Mad Sword Beast
Arsenal Bug
Spirit Ryu x2
Twin-Headed Wolf
Twin-Headed Behemoth
Trap Master
Mystic Tomato
Man-Eater Bug
Servant of Catabolism
Lord of D.
Gale Lizard
Time Wizard
Winged Minion
Parasite Paracide

[COLOR=DarkOrchid][U]Trap Cards[/U][/COLOR]

Seven Tools of the Bandit
The Dragon's Bead
Dragon's Rage x2
The eye of Truth
Desert Sunlight
Spirit's Invitation
Ready for Intrecepting
Riryoku Field
Trap Hole x2
Gift of The Mystical Elf
Burst Breath x2
Just Desserts
Rite of Spirit
D. Tribe
Light of Intervention
Ominous Fortunetelling x3
Spellbinding Circle
Jar of Greed
Shift
Bad Reaction to Simochi
Shadow Spell
Backup Soldier
Blast with Chain
Waboku
Dust Tornado
Magic Jammer
Life Absobing Machine
Disappear
Raigeki Break
Blasting the Ruins
Soul Demolition
Bark of Dark Ruler
Spirit's Invitation
Nutrient Z
Gust

[COLOR=Green][U]Spell Cards [/U][/COLOR]

White Dragon Ritual
De-Spell
Pot of Greed
The Flute Of Summoning Dragon
Last Will
Heart of Clear Water x3
Reasoning
The Reliable Guardian
Ookazi
Premature Burial
Card Destruction
Dragon's Gunfire x2
A Wingbeat of Giant Dragon
Change of Heart x2
Second Coin Toss
Fairy Meteor Crush
Monster Reborn x2
Dian Keto the Cure Master
Soul Exchange
Black Luster Ritual
Spring of Rebirth
Nobleman of Crossout
Fissure x2
Axe of Despair
Mystical Space Typhoon
The Inexperianced Spy
Dark Hole
Metamorphosis
Swords of Revealing Light
Megamorph
Question
Remove Trap
Tribute to The Doomed
Malevolent Nuzzler
Rush Recklessly
Stamping Destruction
Convultion of Nature
After Genocide
Magic Reflector
Insect Barrier
Insect Imitation

[COLOR=DarkGreen][U]Feild Cards[/U][/COLOR]

A Legedary Ocean
Mountain
Mystic Plasma Zone

Tell me what you guys think n.n

[color=darkblue]I am by no means an expert, but I would think that you should focus your deck more on Dragon-type cards since you have Paladin of White Dragon in your deck.

Truth be told, your deck's everywhere in terms of Type and Attributes. Plus, you have a Gradius' Option in your deck, which if memory serves, depends upon a Gradius that is on your side of the field to detemine it's Attack/Defense points, which I didn't see among your list of many. That being said, you may also want to trim it down, because that looks like a lot of cards for one not to have an apparent set theme. And if you wanted to use this deck for tournament play, Monster Reborn is limited to one. ^^;

Anyways, here's a deck I've been working with for a while that I think needs a bit more help.

[u]Lv. 6 & Higher[/u]

Dark Magician
Chaos Sorcerer
Swordstalker

[u]Effect Monsters[/u]

Armed Ninja
Crimson Ninja
White Magician Pikeru
Old Vindictive Magician
Pixie Knight x2
Dark Scorpion- Chick the Yellow
Marauding Captian
Lady Ninja Yae
Hayabusa Knight
Dream Clown
Mysterious Guard
Frontier Wiseman
Arcane Archer of the Forest (possible remove)
Cliff the Trap Remover
Gravekeeper's Guard
Dark Scorpion- Maenae the Thorn x2
Blindly Loyal Goblin
Getsu Fuhma
Prickle Fairy (possible remove)
Dark Scorpion- Gorg the Strong x2
Invitation to a Dark Sleep (possible remove)

[u]Normal Monsters[/u]

Warrior Dai Grepher
Rogue Doll

[u]Spell Cards[/u]

Fissure
Black Pendant
Secret Pass to the Treasures
Banner of Courage (possible remove)
The Warrior Returning Alive
Graceful Charity
Poison of the Old Man x2
The A. Forces
Mystical Space Typhoon
Shooting Star Bow- Ceal
Tremendous Fire
Sogen x2
Fuhma Shuriken
Monster Reborn

[u]Trap Cards[/u]

Trap Hole
Enchanted Javelin x2
Waboku x2
Magic Jammer
Robbin' Goblin
Hidden Book of Spell
Horn of Heaven
Needle Wall
Jar of Greed
Sakuretsu Armor

[u]Cards that will be added[/u]

Don Zaloog
A Gathering of Dark Scorpions
Dark Scorpion Combination

Any help anyone can give would be greatly appreciated. ^^[/color]

[QUOTE=Lady Katana][color=darkblue]I am by no means an expert, but I would think that you should focus your deck more on Dragon-type cards since you have Paladin of White Dragon in your deck.

Truth be told, your deck's everywhere in terms of Type and Attributes. Plus, you have a Gradius' Option in your deck, which if memory serves, depends upon a Gradius that is on your side of the field to detemine it's Attack/Defense points, which I didn't see among your list of many. That being said, you may also want to trim it down, because that looks like a lot of cards for one not to have an apparent set theme. And if you wanted to use this deck for tournament play, Monster Reborn is limited to one. ^^;

Anyways, here's a deck I've been working with for a while that I think needs a bit more help.

[u]Lv. 6 & Higher[/u]

Dark Magician
Chaos Sorcerer
Swordstalker

[u]Effect Monsters[/u]

Armed Ninja
Crimson Ninja
White Magician Pikeru
Old Vindictive Magician
Pixie Knight x2
Dark Scorpion- Chick the Yellow
Marauding Captian
Lady Ninja Yae
Hayabusa Knight
Dream Clown
Mysterious Guard
Frontier Wiseman
Arcane Archer of the Forest (possible remove)
Cliff the Trap Remover
Gravekeeper's Guard
Dark Scorpion- Maenae the Thorn x2
Blindly Loyal Goblin
Getsu Fuhma
Prickle Fairy (possible remove)
Dark Scorpion- Gorg the Strong x2
Invitation to a Dark Sleep (possible remove)

[u]Normal Monsters[/u]

Warrior Dai Grepher
Rogue Doll

[u]Spell Cards[/u]

Fissure
Black Pendant
Secret Pass to the Treasures
Banner of Courage (possible remove)
The Warrior Returning Alive
Graceful Charity
Poison of the Old Man x2
The A. Forces
Mystical Space Typhoon
Shooting Star Bow- Ceal
Tremendous Fire
Sogen x2
Fuhma Shuriken
Monster Reborn

[u]Trap Cards[/u]

Trap Hole
Enchanted Javelin x2
Waboku x2
Magic Jammer
Robbin' Goblin
Hidden Book of Spell
Horn of Heaven
Needle Wall
Jar of Greed
Sakuretsu Armor

[u]Cards that will be added[/u]

Don Zaloog
A Gathering of Dark Scorpions
Dark Scorpion Combination

Any help anyone can give would be greatly appreciated. ^^[/color][/QUOTE]

oO;;

1. Get a Theme
2. Give this deck the card form of liposuction....slim it to 40...
3. Get a Theme

XD....that's about all the help I can give for now. I can't decide which cards to shove in if I don't know what your strategy or theme is..

Guest zeldafan
Monster cards:
Hysteric fairy
Blue-eyes white dragon x2
Lord of d x2
Luster dragon #2 x2
Different dimension dragon
Red-eyes black dragon
Kaiser Glider
Rare metal dragon
Lady assailant of the flames
Maha vailo
Iron blacksmith kotetsu
Magician of faith
Summoned skull
Dark magician
Penguin soldier
Kaiser sea horse
Spirit of the harp
Familiar knight
Sangan
witch of the black forest
Bazoo the soul-eater
Karate man
Enraged battle ox

Magic cards:
Fissure x2
Gravity axe-grarl x2
Flute of the summoning dragon x2
Giant trunade
Dark hole
The shallow grave (will be replaced with the call of the haunted as soon as i get one)
Pot of Greed
Premature burial
Malevolent nuzzler
Change of Heart
Soul reversal
Fairy meteor crush
Rush recklessly
Scapegoat
A wingbeat of a giant dragon
Monster reborn
Card destruction

Trap cards:
Shadow spell
Adhesion trap hole
Waboku x2
Trap hole x2

Please feel free to give me recommendations on any cards that would improve my deck

[COLOR=#503F86]This thread has lasted a very long time, but I think it's about time it was closed down. It's been given far too many warnings about post quality in its time and has been threatened to be closed several times. It's really flogging a dead horse, at this point.

I understand that long-time OB members might be disappointed- I am too. But without the proper support and effort from members, a thread like this will never work. Since the Yu-Gi-Oh section has been put into the Archives, this has always been slightly out of place- especially with the anime's slowly dwindling popularity.

If people want to PM me about the decision, that's fine. But I honestly don't think it's worth keeping up any more.

Thread (reluctantly) closed.[/COLOR]