OtakuBoards

Cartoon Network Line-Ups...and anime on television announcements

Syk3

Lately, I've been seeing a lot of these types of threads. Aparently, every time a new line-up is released, people hear about it and make a new topic. What I'd like to do is get all further Cartoon Network line-up topics confined to a single thread. This thread. This way, our members will be well-informed by reading a single thread, instead of looking back and trying to find something in the past. With other, nameless staff backing me up ([b]SHYGUY[/b]), I present to you the Cartoon Network line-up changes thread.

The first thing that I'd like to start with is the current line-ups, below:

[b]Moday through Thursday[/b]
Classic Zoids -- 6:30 am
Hamtaro -- 10:30 am
Zoids -- 3:00 pm
Dragonball -- 4:00 pm
Dragonball Z -- 4:30 pm
Dragonball -- 6:00 pm
Dragonball Z -- 6:30 pm
Pokemon -- 9:00 pm
Yu-Gi-Oh -- 9:30 pm
G Gundam -- 12:00 am

[b]Friday[/b]
Classic Zoids -- 6:30 am
Hamtaro -- 10:30 am
Zoids -- 3:00 pm
Dragonball -- 4:00 pm
Dragonball Z -- 4:30 pm
Dragonball -- 6:00 pm
Dragonball Z -- 6:30 pm

[b]Saturday[/b]
Dragonball Z -- 2:00 pm
Dragonball -- 2:30 pm
G Gundam -- 3:00 pm
G Gundam -- 3:30 pm
Inuyasha -- 11:00 pm
Inuyasha -- 11:10 pm
Cowboy Bebop -- 12:00 pm
Yu Yu Hakusho -- 12:30 pm
Gundam 0080 -- 1:00 pm
Mobile Suit Gundam -- 1:30 pm

And now, the last press release from AOL Time Warner...

[quote][i]Cartoon Network today announced the acquisition of three animé series that will air during Adult Swim, its highly-rated late night block of animation for adults 18-34. The three series are Lupin the Third, Reign and Trigun. Lupin the Third follows the adventures of the greatest thief in the world. Lupin is a globetrotting crook, as well as a suave gentleman. Aided by two partners, expert marksman Jigen and samurai master Goemon, Lupin's mad-capped adventures take him around the world stealing extraordinary treasures, helping damsels in distress, staying one step ahead of Inspector Zenigata and matching wits with rival thief, beautiful and dangerous Fujiko.

Trigun takes place in the distant future on a deserted planet. Vash the Stampede is a gunfighter with a legend so ruthless he has a $60,000,000,000 bounty on his head. Entire towns evacuate at the rumor of his arrival. But the real Vash the Stampede, the enigmatic and conflicted lead character in Trigun, is more heroic, even though he usually acts like a complete idiot.

Alexander the Great was the world's most powerful warrior. Reign is a 21st century science-fiction retelling of the legend of this Macedonian king. A visual masterpiece, Reign tells the story of Alexander's triumphs through engaging characters, intricate plots and glorious battle sequences.

Lupin the Third will air Monday-Thursday at 12 midnight (ET, PT), beginning Monday, January 13. Programming information for both Reign and Trigun will be announced at a later date.[/i][/quote]

Feel free to add any line-up changes that Cartoon Network is going to be doing come future months. :)

----------

Finally, I'd like to add that just because this is no doubt a news thread, I do NOT want posts like "nice!," and "cool beans!" The spamming in this thread should not exist under any circumstances; that is not what this thead is for. This thread was created to discuss the changes that Cartoon Network is taking with their anime, not to show enlightenment by it. If you are shocked or discuraged by what they are doing, please work that into your post and explain what you are happy or mad about.

• Replies 973
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey, what about the good old g.i. joe at 12:30.

Although I know everyone woulnt consider it anime, (its not) it should still be on the cn lineup just because its only one more spot to fill in after g gundam.

And its an action cartoon aired during the midnight run.

Plus, on a side note.

What happend to outlaw star?

And, for the people who have asked these two in other forums.

When or will they bring back the tenchi stuff and the gundam wing stuff?

Oh yea, this wasnt a bad idea.

Centralizing all the cn discussion. good call.

credit when credit is due right? well then...

uh yea, you get it...
----------------------------------------
dang man, one last thing.

do you think we could delete some of the other threads on this subject to "de-clutter" the boards?

And could we get some discussion of the new stuff to come going?

specifically the reign series, its the only one Im not really farmiliar with.

I'm surprized Trigun might be aired on CN. Towards the end I think that show is too powerful. The beginning is funny like crazy, but once thats over... wow. I would love to see what our congress men and their tight ***** parent friends is gonna say about it. :)

[quote][i]Originally posted by gokents [/i]
[b]What happend to outlaw star?[/b][/quote]
[size=1]It isn't on anymore.[/size]

[quote][b]When or will they bring back the tenchi stuff and the gundam wing stuff?[/b][/quote]
[size=1]Not now, maybe during the spring or summer. But why would you want to see Tenchi reruns again? It aired four consecutive times during Toonami, isn't that enough?[/size]

[quote][b]Centralizing all the cn discussion. good call.
credit when credit is due right? well then...
uh yea, you get it...[/b][/quote]
[size=1]Yeah, Syk3 does deserve some credit. *awards him 100 EXP*[/size]

[quote][b]do you think we could delete some of the other threads on this subject to "de-clutter" the boards?[/b][/quote]
[size=1]No, they can just be closed. Closed topics don't hurt anyone, I'm sure you that you are able to navigate this forum without having the mods delete every thread about Cartoon Network.[/size]

[quote][b]And could we get some discussion of the new stuff to come going?

specifically the reign series, its the only one Im not really farmiliar with.[/b][/quote]
[size=1]That's a great idea, you should start a topic about it. Mods are supposed to moderate, do you expect them to make all of the threads too?

Check on a search engine for more information about Reign, there are plenty of great anime sites out there.

-Shy :whoops: [/size]

[quote][i]Originally posted by Shyguy[/i]
[b]Yeah, Syk3 does deserve some credit. *awards him 100 EXP*[/b][/quote]
Lol, thanks.

[quote][b]No, they can just be closed. Closed topics don't hurt anyone, I'm sure you that you are able to navigate this forum without having the mods delete every thread about Cartoon Network.[/b][/quote]
Yeah, that's what I was going to say. I'm hoping that with this stickied thread, members won't feel the need to bring up past topics on Cartoon Network. If they want to discuss them, they can just do it here. In any case, if someone does bring back an old one, yes, it can be closed, but there is no point to delete them altogether.

Well thanks for getting to all the stuff I had asked about.

So now its up to me, and the others (look of dedication on my face)

I should say here and now that I wish for discussion on the new stuff, specifically this "reign"

For starters, I know its about alexander the great and his exploits, retold in the 21st century.

the animation is by madhouse, who did vampire hunter d and trigun.

It was thought up by the fella behind astro boy and metropolis, as well as the guy who brought us that oddity "aeon flux" and another dude who came up with card captor sakura.

From the pic I saw of the actual action, unless its not a screen pic, its pretty obvious that the guy from aeon flux had a good bit of creative input.

Its a style that is unique and deffiantly not the cliche anime style.

Oh wait, Ive just found out that the pic I saw is not from the screen but its actually just a picture from the box cover.

any way, the first couple of eps are about king phillip (alexanders pop) who is... well, lets just wait and see.

Unless anyone else has seen it, let just see how it goes once its come on.

But for now, Id just like to talk about the style of art, qaulity of story and anything else that the animeheads on the boards might know.

thanks.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Spikey [/i]
[B]Just a little question. I want to watch some other animes, but I don't know which channels they are on? Anything besides adult swim, also I live in america, so it'll be amireca channels. [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, there's the International Channel (check your listings if you got it) where they show uncut anime every Wednesday and Sunday like El Hazard, Slayers, and a few ones they're getting ready to air in the near future.

Encore's Action Channel shows a few anime every now and then. (check you listings again)

I think Sci-Fi Channel might show anime, but I don't have it, so I don't know.

*realizes he missed El Hazard last night*

[color=red] I'm excited to see Trigun finally in its full. I've only boughten the first tape, so I'm going to be glad to see that. To tell you the truth, I haven't really been watching any Anime anymore, but I'm certainly going to too see Trigun.[/color]

[color=deeppink] [size=1]My neighborhood doesn't get Cartoon Network, and I'm hella mad about it too... I'm stuck with renting videos from the Kinyokunia in Japantown, and I have to pay 2 dollars for about 3-5 days of rent. I'm glad CB hasn't been knocked down, and I guess my cousin would be pretty happy to know Trigun's going to start soon... ^_^[/color] [/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by gokents [/i]
[B]Well thanks for getting to all the stuff I had asked about.

So now its up to me, and the others (look of dedication on my face)

I should say here and now that I wish for discussion on the new stuff, specifically this "reign"

For starters, I know its about alexander the great and his exploits, retold in the 21st century.

the animation is by madhouse, who did vampire hunter d and trigun.

It was thought up by the fella behind astro boy and metropolis, as well as the guy who brought us that oddity "aeon flux" and another dude who came up with card captor sakura.

From the pic I saw of the actual action, unless its not a screen pic, its pretty obvious that the guy from aeon flux had a good bit of creative input.

Its a style that is unique and deffiantly not the cliche anime style.

Oh wait, Ive just found out that the pic I saw is not from the screen but its actually just a picture from the box cover.

any way, the first couple of eps are about king phillip (alexanders pop) who is... well, lets just wait and see.

Unless anyone else has seen it, let just see how it goes once its come on.

But for now, Id just like to talk about the style of art, qaulity of story and anything else that the animeheads on the boards might know.

thanks. [/B][/QUOTE]

So it was thought up by Osamu Tezuka? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that Cardcaptor Sakura was thought up by CLAMP... I don't know who thought up Aeon Flux, though... Well, from what you've said, it sounds like it's going to be a great anime! :)

Guest Imsirion
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JCBaggee [/i]
[B][color=red]Hey, where was Yu Yu Hakusho last Saturday? I mean, I'm glad for an extra Inu Yasha, but surely they haven't removed YYH entirely.

--J.C.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

The schedule went:
Inu-Yasha
Inu-Yasha
Cowboy Bebop
Yu Yu Hakusho
Mobile Suit Gundam 0080: War in the Pocket
Mobile Suit Gundam

Its also in Syk3's listings.:)

You proably just missed it. I freaked out at first and I was like, "Where the hell is Yu Yu Hakusho?" But I love Inuyasha so I'm happy. Just as long as they don't kick off Inuyasha, Yu Yu Hakusho (since I know they won't since the series are pretty new here and they haven't even begun showing all of the episodes) or Cowboy Bebop (which has a chance of being kicked off because it's been showed all the way till the end a bunch of times and it's been on AS for a while). The other shows I could care less about.

[QUOTE][i]Cartoon Networks Schedule starting Saturday, January 11th includes Anime 5 days a week. The only days in the CN schedule that will not see any Anime are Friday and Sunday.

The Adult Swim Block, running from Monday to Thrusday will see two hours of Anime, starting with the addition of the Lupin the 3rd TV series at midnight:

12:00AM - Lupin III
12:30AM - Inuyasha
1:00AM - Yu Yu Hakusho
1:30AM - Cowboy Bebop

Toonami on Saturday will be extended to a seven and a half hour block including two hours of Anime, one and a half of which are Dragonball:

6:30PM - Dragonball
8:30PM - Zoids
9:00PM - Dragonball Z (full hour)

[/i][/QUOTE]

Source-[URL=Anime News Network]http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/[/URL]

Wow, you'se are so lucky! Cartoon Network dont even show DBZ (the only anime) anymore, they made this channel called CNX with DBZ, Cowboy Bebop (i think) and action cartoons, they are showing anime and stuff on it, but it is only on Digital! :bawl: I am so annoyed because digital is so dear! (for the full package.) I am all jelous!

:jelous:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Since where on the subjects of lineups, I'd figued, it would be of good taste to inform everyone that on January 4, they will be showing the Fourth Mobile Suit Gundam movie entitle Mobile Suit Gundam Char's Counter Attack on Adult Swim at 11:00pm Eastern Standard time.

It's a really good movie that I would suggest watching.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by JCBaggee [/i]
[B][color=red]Yeah, 'cuz we need more Dragon Ball, right :rolleyes:

--J.C.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Like they don't show it enough......0_o...I am so sick of watching that crap. I like DBZ/DB, but not that much. The DB/DBZ "Fever" is kind of worn out....if you know what I mean.

What they SHOULD be airing is more Yu Yu Hakusho and Inuyasha. This is what is popular, not all that Dragonball crap.