OtakuBoards

Console War!!!

BigCajones

Unreal, get the PC one too. Unreal is so much fun, its too adicting! I have 8 GC games: (in order of getting them) Madden NFL 2002, Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, NCAA Football 2003, Capcom vs. SNK 2: EO, Phantasy Star Online Ep. 1&2, Animal Crossing, Lord of the Rings, Skies of Arcadia Legends. I have 0 PS2 games (and no PS2) and I am proud to say I do NOT own an XBox.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sniglefager [/i]
[B] I will probably buy XBOX,but not until it's down to $100 [/B][/QUOTE]

In other words: NEVER! Microsoft is already supposedly taking huge hits on all XBOX sales at $200.

GoS-Well your missing out on those great PS2 and Xbox titles.

OK, you buy me the system and I'll get the games ^^

[color=crimson]I'm not really sure what is going on here, but you yourself GoS only said you knew two good games for the X-Box and said that Halo and Splinter Cell are the only exclusives you knew. Also the fact Splinter Cell is coming multi-format as well, but I'm not sure if you were trying to say SpyderDragon is oblivious to the consoles exclusives. Maybe it's just something more simple than that like SD may not want these consoles right now, could be saving up for something else, waiting for a birthday or maybe doesnt have the money (or waiting for price to be lowered), etc. You shouldn't just jump to conclusions! Anyway I think that all the consoles have good exclusives! :toothy:[/color]

o believe me I know Splinter Cell is for PS2, actually kinda sux cause the PS2 version I hear is getting all the levels that are supposed to be downloaded by Xbox live. And I was just askin SD what are some games that he is interested, nothing else, I don't really know what you were taking that as, but hey I know SD and he is a GC fanatic, for good reason of course, so I just wanted to see what he thought of the PS2 and Xbox and what games he thought were good for those, the closed-minded comment was just for humor and I am sure he knows, otay.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by BigCajones [/i]
[B][color=crimson]I'm not really sure what is going on here, but you yourself GoS only said you knew two good games for the X-Box and said that Halo and Splinter Cell are the only exclusives you knew. Also the fact Splinter Cell is coming multi-format as well, but I'm not sure if you were trying to say SpyderDragon is oblivious to the consoles exclusives. Maybe it's just something more simple than that like SD may not want these consoles right now, could be saving up for something else, waiting for a birthday or maybe doesnt have the money (or waiting for price to be lowered), etc. You shouldn't just jump to conclusions! Anyway I think that all the consoles have good exclusives! :toothy:[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

I'm saving up for the new Game Boy! I'd like to buy a PS2 and may when I get a job. I'll never buy the XBox *knocks on wood*, how I loathe it... -_-

[color=blue]Well maybe not for long as Microsoft are once again trying to buy SEGA, whether Bill Gates will succeed I just don't know. Sorry for my lack of knowledge on SmileBit! V_V I just know SEGA to being SEGA over here.

Still carry on with what you members think are going to be the best game(s) for 2003 on whatever consoles you know about. Please state reasons and it can be the game you think will do best, or the game you are most anticipated for. :whoops:[/color]

[b]EDIT: All you anti-Xbox members, which I can see alot from just this thread alone please discuss and state why you like or dislike it [URL=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20885]here[/URL] please! Otherwise just vote, as it saves this thread whirling more and more off subject. :D Also I'm doing my job as the evident[/b][color=limegreen] Microsoft Saviour![/color] :smirk:

[color=red]Please take this in mind ... The least you could do is vote. You X-Box despisers know who you are, so do comment now! :demon:[/color]

[color=#808080]Big Cajones...SmileBit is a division of SEGA. It's not a game, it's a developer. ~_^

SmileBit created titles such as Jet Set Radio (and JSRF) and Hundred Swords.

SmileBit is also responsible for Gun Valkryie (or however that's spelled - I'm sleepy o_O).

I really don't think that this thread bears any relationship to the original intent -- it's becoming a back and forth argument that, really, is incredibly uninformed.

So maybe Big Cajones is right on this one; maybe everyone should discuss and compare the three consoles in a different light. Perhaps you could talk about different ports or something...I don't know. I just feel that this thread has well and truly run its course.[/color]

I'm late, as always...

Ok, I have a PlayStation 2, as well as a N64, Sega Genesis, Super Nintendo. Those are the consoles at my house. I won't mention the consoles at my Big Bro's house, just way to many.

I would have to say that the XBox wins by Machinery, but the games aren't any good. Maybe one or tweo games simply appeal to me, but none of the others seem to have a plot and a good story-line. Such as Meccha-Warrior 4, they never told you what the heck you were fighting for, you just fought.

Now, moving on to Gamecube. I know GameCube didn't come backed up with much machinery, but the games made for this console were better than the Sega Saturn. The Idea of the games is what got my attention. When I saw the size of the games, since I was little that there was going to be little gameplay to it. I was an idiot back then. But those games were amazing. Like SSBM had a great I idea. Nintendo's good.

Ps2. Ahhh...My favorite Game Console. This Console had medium-sized machinery backing it up. You could play DvD's on it, and other stuff. Noe=w the games were off-the-chart for me. They got my attention before I could even buy a PlayStation. But I don't need that now. Anyway, the games such as Suikoden III, and many others were great. Tekken 4, Tekken Tag, Mortal Kombat, those games were just great. And the plot, and great story-lines they had were great. So I'm gonna have to say that this console's the best from my opinion.

As for the other thing, systems dying out, I would think it would be GameCube. A lot of people love the PS2, and the XBox, if not that the XBox. Sorry for my inconveniance, for all you GameCube fans, and XBox fans, it's just my opinion. Or it could be PS2 who knows. But whenever I go to the store they have more PS2 games than any console. Maybe customers want more PS2 games. ::shrugs:: Again I apoligize for all you GameCube and XBox fans. Again, just my opinion.

I don't see Nintendo letting Gamecube "Die out". They won't run out of money, they don't have to rely souly on The Cube (GBA). Nintendo is in this thing for the long haul. Bill Gates is just too rich, and PS2 is selling too well. I don't see any of these bowing out this generation.

PS2 PS2 PS2!!!

Ps I think will outlast most of the games out today.Gamecube i think is one of the final steps for them.Sorta like Dreamcast forSega.No matter how good it was you just gotta have the good games.Without them there isn't a point in making a system

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Kaze Isihiro
Dreamcast wasn't to far ahead of it's time. The retarded Sega people didn't get enough plublicity for the system. Alos there weren't alot of good gaes for it. There could have been many many more...well there should have been.

ok this is just my opinion but...

if i was forced to rate them there would be a tie for best,

PS2: ps2 has the most games and most(i use this term loosely)games for this system seem to be quite good.they have some of the best games available and some of the best games ever.some of those [i]great[/i] games are
-GTA:Vice City
-Final Fantasies(many)
-Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1-4
-SOCOM*drool*
-Kingdom Hearts
-and so,so many more

Xbox: xbox mostly because of the beautiful graphics and a few games...
-Halo
-Phantom Crash(idk just love it)
-and arguably the best game ever(for men)beach volleyball*drools uncontrolably*

Gamecube is ok but dosen't stack up in the end!

Cheers to you, raise my glass
You are going to hear alot of talk from people saying that your ps2 reason shouldn't matter or something similar since its not 1st party things, idk, I can just see it coming. But I wil agree with you on all points. Now being that I own all 3, I could care less which is better cuz now its all about the games that I want. I get GTA for Ps2, Halo for Xbox and quality Nintendo titles namely Zelda for GC.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by GhostofSalvtore [/i]
[B]did YOU(spyder) own a DC?, ok well I know ya didn't, but I am not gonna hate on the DC, cause I don't care about it, never had, never will. [/B][/QUOTE]

I was simply stating not to diss it until you've fully explored it. Did I own one...no, but practically did. I played it so much, but atleast I'm not giving that account on a basis of non-reason. The first Phantasy Star Online, Shenmue, Seaman, Jet Grind Radio, and other ground-breaking titles first appeared on Segas Masterpiece, It was great, thats all I have to say.

ok ok well you like those titles, I can see, well than get your self an Xbox buddy(I have one and its......fun), cept ya can't play Seaman, but maybe that will be on XBox. I see no problem with the Xbox, it has all the things I loved bout the 64, RARE, yes I loved RARE when they were with the 64 w/games like Banjo-Kazooie and Perfect Dark and it has all the things you like bout the DC, PSO, Shenmue and Jet Grind Radio.