OtakuBoards

When an obsession goes too far.

Phantom

When does an obsession become a scary situation?

Heh, Ive seen it so many times, a simple meek obsession over one small thing, cute at first, taken to from one extreme to the next until it is like walking through hell and back. At least for those non-obsessors.

Anyway, the most recent one, I've seen was the Inuyasha flu that swept my lil sis.

"Inuyasha is so sexy..I want Inuyasha!!!"

That, at first was sorta cute, not..anymore. Sorta brings chills down my spine now.

When an obsession goes bad. Anyone else have something to share? lol.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=royalblue]I remember back in 7th and 8th grade when the Pokémon card craze was really big, kids were acting like drug dealers with the things. It was sad and disturbing. It got so bad, they banned the cards from school and whoever had them got suspended for ten days. *shakes head* Sad....[/color]

[color=orangered][size=1]Eh, obsession. That is something I definately have a problem with. But at least I go through phases.

I used to be obsessed with Sailor Moon. It was SAILOR MOON EVERYTHING! Which I just about have, seriously. I have Sailor Moon curtains for crying out loud.

Then the next biggest thing was Gundam Wing/Heero Yuy. I was so IN LOVE with him!

Then Tamahome from Fushigi Yugi. Of course, no one can turn him down, can they? Especially in the subbed version! *dies*

Then it was Legolas. And hey, I still love Legolas. But I just don't want to love him too much because it hurts. He's not REAL I keep telling myself. Hey, that DOESN'T hardly work..but I'm trying.

Things I'm still obsessed with include: Anime (it is my PASSION!), my Ryan, Videogames, warmth (Man, I HATE being cold), and Reese's Cups. Um..yes, I am a VERY strange person.

I think obsession is okay because most of the time it's something that you'll EVENTUALLY get over, you know? It's just annoying for you while it's going on.[/color][/size]

[color=crimson]Obession is a strange thing.. Most of the time an obession is after someone/thing that isnt real- If it was real, then you would be in love with them. So it is a strong thing when it gets out of hand...

I know personally my main obession is with Sailor Jupiter. She's [i]fineeeee[/i], and her personality is kinda like mine..o.O That obession still hasnt faded *points to hentai folder full of her pics* *Smiles sweetly.*

Obessions are good for you I think. It keeps your imagination going when you can obess over things- At least that's how I veiw it. *Obesses over Anime, Gaming, Music, Kagome, Aeris, Tifa.. on and on.*[/color]

[b][color=003399]The pokemon card obsession got way out of hand over here in England. Some people were getting stabbed just for shiny cards.

[quote]kids were acting like drug dealers with the things[/quote]

That was very true over here.. little huddled groups walking around, speaking strangely and trying to steal good cards from other people.[/b][/color]

[color=indigo]I know what you guys mean...I am obsessed with myself. Everynight I stare in the mirror for tow hours and repeat over and over...you are sooooo good looking. Then I take pictures of myself and hang them on the cieling over my bed so I can look at myself every morning when I wake up...:p[/color]

[FONT=arial]eh, I got over a pretty big obsession over anime a couple of months ago. I still like anime a lot of course, but I'm not [i]nearly[/i] as fanatical about it as I used to be. I know somebody who is [i]beyond[/i] fanatical (or was, not sure now) about Ranma. ironically, I'm the one who got him into it, and I think I ruined his mind. that's the best personal example of a material obsession I can think of.

obsessing about real people though, is a different story...[/FONT]

[color=009966]Pokemon. x_x Geez, that was a major obsession with me from the fourth grade. -.-;; I was so obsessed that it took several years for me to get over it (like a year or two ago). *shudders* Then I became seriously obsessed with Magic Knight Rayearth. I still love the manga, but my love for it kinda wore off when I saw Record of Lodoss War. I'm still obsessed with it. ^^ Then I saw Legolas. Yes, I admit, I'm definately overly obsessed with him, but....he's Legolas! Need I say more? ^^[/color]

[color=orangered][size=1]And dear Amibasuki, is there someone in your life that you are obsessing about? :toothy:

It's not that bad to be obsessed with people. As long as you don't stalk them and stake out at their house and stuff like that. I used to be a stalker, but I don't do that sort of thing anymore.. :shifty:[/color][/size]

[color=#9933ff]Heh. A couple years ago I was SO obsessed with Harry Potter it wasn't funny. Okay, maybe it was. Ha ha. I REALLY loved the character Harry Potter, and I would wish he was real. and then I got into the whole Neopets scene, and I got out of that by watching Card Captors(obsessed with that for a SHORT period of time). THEN, last November, I got into Digimon, when Tamers was playing. When they played the DigiBowl on Fox kids, I saw Ken, and I was all "OH MY GOD HE'S SOOOOOOOO FRIGGIN HOT!!!!!" and when they played seasons one, two, and three on fox kids, I got really excited, and I LOVED season two, because Ken was SO HOT. And a couple months ago, in October, A friend, Lumi(some of you may know/remember her) showed me a pic of the whole Gundam Wing crew, because then, the only character I knew was Duo, because Lumi likes him, and she explained who he was to me. She was showing me a pic of him, and the pic happened to be of the whole crew. I asked who the blonde guy was, and she said "that's Quatre" (she had to tell me over the phone later that his name was Cah-trah, not Kwah-tray. ^_^;;; I DON'T TAKE FRENCH AS MY FOREIGN LANGUAGE. V_V) I fell in love with him, but my obsession never reached the height as Ken and Harry, and my Ken Obsession never QUITE reached the height of my Harry obsession either-- but it came close. ^_^;;;

And, because of my likeness for Anime, I've become "Obsessed with"(not really, but I really like) Japan. My mom eve got me one of those Beginners for Japanese" thingys with a tape and everything for Christmas.

Interspersed throughout the years, AFTER Harry Potter(he was my first obsession ever) I've been obsessed, for small periods of time, with several characters like Osamu(Digimon 02), Syaoran(Card Captor Sakura), Raven (Zoids Chaotic Century), Squal Leonheart (Final Fantasy VIII), Seto Kaiba (Yu-Gi-Oh), Yami (Yu-Gi-Oh), and Beelzemon(Digimon Tamers), after a pic Ginny put up. ^_^;;;

I'm not obsessed with any of them anymore, which is a good thing, but I do like all of them, 'cept Neopets, which keep forgetting to visit. My pets keep starving. Heh.

Since Bishounen can only be from Animes, Mangas, or Video Games, Harry Potter isn't on here, but if it could include him, he'd be right after Ken, and right before Quatre. Here is my current list of Bishi boys:

Ken Ichijouji (Digimon 02)
Quatre Rebera Winner (Gundam Wing)
Raven (Zoids Chaotic Century)
Li Showron (Card Captor Sakura)
Squal Leonheart (Final Fantasy VIII)
Takuya Kanbara (Digimon Frontier)
Matt Ishida (Digimon 02)
Kouichi Minamoto (Digimon Frontier)
Seto Kaiba (Yu-Gi-Oh)
Ryo Akiyama (Digimon Tamers)
Mitsuo Yamaki (Digimon Tamers)
Yami (Yu-Gi-Oh)
Osamu Ichijouji (Digimon 02)
Duo Maxwell (Gundam Wing)
Eriol Hiragizawa (Card Captor Sakura)[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=orangered][size=1]And dear Amibasuki, is there someone in your life that you are obsessing about? :toothy:

It's not that bad to be obsessed with people. As long as you don't stalk them and stake out at their house and stuff like that. I used to be a stalker, but I don't do that sort of thing anymore.. :shifty:[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]
[FONT=arial]ah yes, how could I have possibly forgotten about him? seriously speaking.....ANYwho.....*walks off whistling*[/FONT]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Katana [/i]
[B][color=royalblue]I remember back in 7th and 8th grade when the Pokémon card craze was really big, kids were acting like drug dealers with the things. [/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
I made a profit £200 out of those cards. The guy at the comic book shop thought I was mad

[size=1][color=crimson]Well, I don't have obsessions over certain anime characters or people from videogames. Maybe a few from games, but only 'cause they're cool. Cloud from FFVII I think is very (his tasty sword and that shoulder armour he wears) funky, but I don't obsess over him.

I do say that I have obsessions over objects, like my computer/the internet. I also [i]love[/i] swords and other shiny/pointy things that look cool. I guess this obsession could go too far if I got one and accidently killed someone or sliced myself by accident. *shrugs*[/size][/color]

[size=1]By the time anything reaches the 'obsession' level, I'd say it's already gone too far.

I suppose my passions for reading and writing qualify. I get a bit depressed after finishing a book [and you don't want to be around me when I've reached the end of a series,] and I tend to get a bit too 'involved' with my writing.[/size]

[b][size=1]
I get depressed when I finish a game >_<

Anyway, I guess doodling has to be one obsession for me. I tend to doodle everywhere on my exam papers for luck (the perfect excuse ¬_¬), except below the line that says 'Nothing Below Here', and my name. Maybe 2% of my doodles actually ever get anywhere, and maybe only half of them a decent 'anywhere'.[/b][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DeathKnight [/i]
[B][color=crimson]I know personally my main obession is with Sailor Jupiter. She's [i]fineeeee[/i], and her personality is kinda like mine..o.O That obession still hasnt faded *points to hentai folder full of her pics* *Smiles sweetly.*[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=deeppink] [size=1]Big Sister? o.o *takes a step away*

I guess I can say I have an obsession with Legolas right now. ^_^
Alot of times though, people only get obsessed with a particular anime/game...etc, because it's just 'in' for the season/year...

I remember my obsession with Pokemon when I was ten. I had all the games and spent about ninety dollars on cards... I remember I could say the 151 in order, too.

Then came Star Wars. I didn't know much, but I was going nuts over every wallpaper, pic, book, screensaver... I remember I could say every part in the Phantom menace around last year. ^_^ It was fun.

Now I'm pretty into Lord of the Rings, which got me a little more into writing poetry (at least try..), drawing elves, and my mom and I actually bought two rings, since we couldn't see each other for another year or so.

I wouldn't call any of the obsessions. Well... maybe except for Leggy. ^_-[/color] [/size]

[color=blue]Oh come now bro, you are obsessed over Danni and atleast I'm not obsessed over someone I should be getting over but just can't....and anyways atleast you can be obsessed and know that she feels the same....bah....Inuyasha is cute but he's mean and oh well...I'll shut up about him if it makes you happy...my goodness... *walks away to my little lonely room* [/color]

Me well I'm obessed with yoshi butnot really that bad I mean instead of write what boy I liked on my hand I would write "I ("v")YOSHI"(every one at my school knows me as the "yoshi girl" or "the girl that loves yoshi hehe :laugh: ), and everytime I see one of them or the name Yoshi I get a little hyper and go "OOOO" but thats it. I never got to obessed with poke'mon at least not like some of my friends that had poke'mon EVERYTHING! My friend used to be obessed with this one boy she wrote EVERYWHERE "I ("v")----- -----" (deskd, books, every kind of paper, body-mosty her hands, ect.) after a while it started getting a lil scary.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Heaven's Cloud [/i]
[B][color=indigo]I know what you guys mean...I am obsessed with myself. Everynight I stare in the mirror for tow hours and repeat over and over...you are sooooo good looking. Then I take pictures of myself and hang them on the cieling over my bed so I can look at myself every morning when I wake up...:p[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

And then you step out of your house in broad daylight and harsh reality comes crashing down on you, eh;) :p (jk!!)

When I first read the hobbit, I wanted to read every other book written by JRR Tolkein. I was so impressed with his work, I wanted to find out everything I could about him. I also bought a collectors edition of The Hobbit. That, I guess is the closest i've ever come to having an obsession.

Guest cloricus
I wasn't obsessed with pokemon, I didn't need to be, I was the best... :P
No truly for 2years my best friend and me where the best at pokemon (I had blue, he has red.) in the whole area and school. Most people at the school were rich so they all had it to...
Finished year 7 so we just left it...

Any way I AM obsessed with tech... Looks around his room.
*2 TV?s, one hand held one normal size.
*Stereo
*2 pc's, soon to be three... *prods dad*
*Network hubs
And tons of other tech junk... Ever bit of money I get goes in to it...

Well, I am ubsessed with my computor. Although, that's great for me. But not so great for my parents.

My dad and I had this big talk yesterday, about what we wanted to be when I was like 3 or 4 years older. Well anyway, I told him that I wanted to make video games.

Then from there it all went downhill. I am ubsessed with anything that is indoors. Anything that has technolagy in it.

-Spikey

There is a "friend" of mine that is obsessed with me. I hang out with him sometimes, and I'll admit most of it goes rather well. I do sort of feel like I owe him, as he has helped me financially a few times (I have paid him back though). He is gay, and I do think he probably likes me... Or I did, until I found out he treats ALL of his friends like this eventually, no matter what sex they are. So now, I just think he is severely unbalanced.

Like I said, most of the time things go well... But sometimes they just don't. There was a period of time where he called be 8 times in one day. He always needs to know where I am. I can't cancel plans, even days in advance without him harassing me for days. He's even pretended to be other people online and asks bizarre questions about my friends and stuff. I've tried to put an end to all this several times, but it's hard to just disappear when someone knows where you live and all your numbers.

The other day was awful. I was at his place (he had been normal for a long time prior to this), and two girls I knew (and he knows) called me and asked if they could come over. He agreed, and everything was fine.... Until I was about to leave with them. He had it in his head that I was staying over (who knows why). So basically he argued and yelled at me for who knows how long, pushed the girls around, tried to keep me in his house by force... We all finally got outside and he still kept doing it. The girls and I finally got away and went home. He called my cell maybe 15 times that night.

Don't ask me why I'm still friends with him. He treats me like ****, but I like I said... I feel that I owe him, even though I don't. I'm too nice to him, and am working on ways to totally get out of this without him harassing me or my family. That's my main reason I stick it out, I don't want that to happen.

So yes... obsession sucks. I don't know that I'm obsessed with anything. I love music, animals and games... But not to the point where they are all I talk about.

This is a topic I've seen a lot, lol.
I'm always sad when I finish games and books, I'm going to wait till after the last Lord of the Rings movie before I read the books, many times I get more out of the books ;). but seriously, I'll stay up reading until I finish the book, 4am easily before I know any time has passed.
I also have....well....see the siggy.