OtakuBoards

When an obsession goes too far.

Phantom

Uhh, not to be rude or anything, but you should've read the rules first if you haven't.
You can't post off topic things like that here, sorry to say. You have to stay on topic.
If you would like a banner or avatar, go to the Banner/Avatar Request forum and ask for one, nicely of course! Be specific...like, if you want a Vegeta avatar, ask for one of him as super saiyan or whatever.
Anyway, I know a little Japanese, yes...^^;
Just PM me if you need any help.
And I understand that you're a newbie, so just follow the rules and you'll be fine.
And welcome to Otaku Boards! I'm sure you'll like it here,

Now, let's get back to topic, sorry guys. ><;

[color=red][size=1]Save the job for the reps, Come on.-Mitch[/color][/size]

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=blue]Personally, I think that if you are obsessing over an anime character and you want them to come to life and your a teenager, that you need a bit of help. No offense but I dont think its such a good idea obsessing over something that isnt real. Sure you can own every single merchandise with there face on it, thats not bad, but when you say you "love" them and you dream about them coming to life, thats a bit scary. I've had my share of "obsessions" but nothing serious. I think obsessions are a good thing (they make you happy) but only to a certain extent. Sorry if I offended anyone. bye[/color]

[color=teal]Ever since Ami died, and I lived, I've been obsessed with trying to see if I can or cannot die. I mean, playing chicken with trains, jumping three stories, slicing random body parts, or, more commonly, popping caffeine pills, drinking coffee, then trying to exhaust myself into a coma that'll last long enough to kill me. Of course, I stopped when I met a certain someone, who just so happens to be on these boards.

Now then, that out of the way....obsessions....are sometimes necessary. I mean, if you obsess about one goal, you'll usually achieve it. Then again, they also drive people insane. Like Jaimie's obsession over Inu, or her obsession over me.......................[/color]

• 5 months later...
It is a wonder that nobody said this yet. I a am currently obsessed with OB. This is like my home away from home. Like yesterday I stayed on for 7 hours. I think that everyone here may be a little obsessed with OB or near too it.

When you start too speak in Vulcan from Star Trek, thats too far. If you speak elf from the Hobbit, thats too far. Its okay too have vast knowledge of a show. But its unhealthy too make it your life. Imagine that if one of these language speaking peolpego too a job interveiw and t sayd if they spea any other language. The yput down Vulcan or Elf. They could have been spending the time learning spanish, or japanese, or german. Thast when it goes too far.

My obession I've had since I was, about five. I'm obessed with Ronin Warriors, it's been my obsession for over 5 years. A hard core Ronin Warriors fan now and FOREVER!!! Not OB obsession but some one I met through OB. He knows who is he, so I won't say his name. But I'm obsessing over those two, and most likly always will. Both of my obsessions have gone WAY TOO FAR, once you start dreaming about the obsessions that's too far. Having obsessions for over 5 years is not a good thing. After that long you really need help, cause it's more then just an obsession.

The Pokemon obsession was REALLY out of hand at my school. During recess, people would play for keeps. And I don't mean for one card; I mean for the whole collection! It ended up so bad that kids would get in fistfights over a Krabby card (the least valuable one of all)! It was like pimping, too, because kids would pay to borrow good cards to win another kid's deck, then split the cards afterwards... Sad...

What's really sad (and a little sickening) is that one kid got his cards confiscated by a teacher, and he was so depressed about it that he hanged himself the next day... It just went to far...

[color=b60039]My friends had an obsession with Orlando Bloom, like buying all of his posters and all of the merchandise and kissing the life-like poster they had of him and going to see Lord of the Rings a million times and squealing whenever they saw him...they were so into him that they got me out of being..into him. o_0...Eventually, they got so obsessed with him that they got tired of screaming every time they watched LOTR and they stuck the poster back in their closet to prevent their kissing impulses. They had liked it so much that it had driven them to DISlike it...weird, that logic.[/color]