OtakuBoards

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Queen Asuka

[color=indigo][size=1]It is now official! The fifth Harry Potter book, titled Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, is now complete. It is 1/3 longer than the fourth book, Goblet of Fire. All we know so far is that the print date is set for June 21st of this year. Everyone mark your calendars! I'm so excited! :D[/color][/size]

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=red][b]success. I have been waiting for this for a long time. Could we have some linkage to see for ourself? Longer than TGoF, I have hoped it was. I remember being told that it wouldn't be by someone here. If it was you, HAHA! lol. Now I must go, I smell something burning...[/b][/color]

It's probably the date of all countries. It was like that with book four.

I can't believe that it's finally coming out! I got the fourth book at midnight on the day it came out, which was over a year and a half ago, so I've been waiting for a loooong time. And now I have to wait longer!!!

This is really good news. Not only do I want to read it, but my mom wants me to read something because I havn't read a book in a while. But one thing surprises me -- 1/3 longer than the last? I had the impression that no books would be as long as the fourth, much less longer. :/

I heard that one boy bought the 4th book and read it all through the night and finished it the next morning i think that is crazy as it took me like a week to finish it. I hope it is all countries because i myself havent read a book for several years well apart from in english lessons but thats because i have to.

[color=indigo][size=1]Yeah, it's supposed to be all countries released at the same time. And I'm not sure if that's the printing date or the release date. I found out this news on the MSN homepages at MSN.com. I saw it when I signed on and clicked on it immediately! I've never been so excited!

I read that book (The fourth one) instead of doing my Summer Reading. Which I had three books to read.[/color][/size]

[color=indigo][size=1]Yeah, the article said that the popular rumor was that she had writer's block. I think that the thing just was that she got married and had a kid. That takes up a LOT of time, you know? So I wonder what the storyline is supposed to be?

I'm 17 and I will never grow out of Harry Potter. :D[/color][/size]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=teal] *Looks at thread. Gasps. Rampages to his room and sits in a chair gazing at his watch* *hours latter.*

Owned! I've just discovered Harry Potter over summer break, now it's addictive! I wish they where longer, just so I could read more since i read the fourth one in three days ^_^. I've been keeping up my reading speed and vocabulary with Tolkien! I can't wait, I think she did it on purpose, for the cliffhanger sort of thing. But thats ok, cuz now I must invent a time machine to go into the future and by the new Harry Potter! *Starts tinkering with a broken down toaster.* [/color] [/size]

[color=deeppink] [size=1]Yay! It's finally coming! ^_^
Oh gosh, it's been such a while, I guess I'll have to go back and read the other four books over again...

While we're on Harry Potter, what's going to happen to Dumbledore in the thrid movie? Are they going to replace him?[/color] [/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Juuthena [/i]
[B][color=deeppink] [size=1]Yay! It's finally coming! ^_^
Oh gosh, it's been such a while, I guess I'll have to go back and read the other four books over again...

While we're on Harry Potter, what's going to happen to Dumbledore in the thrid movie? Are they going to replace him?[/color] [/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=teal] They've hired the guy who plays Gandalf. Forgot his name, but it's offical, they're hiring him. All he needs is a deeper voice and a longer beard ^_^. Playing two wizards in the two greatest series of all time? Lucky ^_^. [/color][/size]

[color=deeppink] [size=1]Ian McKellen. ^_^
That's his name. ^^

Hmm.. the eyes will look a little different though. The nose is kinda the same...

I guess he'd make a good Dumbledore. He did an awesome job with Gandalf, as far as his acting goes. ^_^
He actually has that wizard-ly look to him, also. I'm really glad they chose him. ^^[/color] [/size]

[COLOR=green]Finally. I am relived that [I][B]Harry Potter and the order of the Phoenix[/B][/I] is longer than the Goblet of fire, since it's been way to long since Rowling published her last book.

She really needs to pick up the pace with these books; it drives me crazy that she had no deadlines...

Take a look at the attachment. Remember when Flashy had this banner?[/COLOR]

[color=deeppink] [size=1]Oh yeah, and which one was the one where Hermionie kissed him on the cheek? I thought it was the first one, but I really can't go find it now. ^_^;

Ack ><
I hope my books didn't get wet in that basement...[/color] [/size]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=teal] A date aye? Perhaps it might be [spoiler]Cho Chang?[/spoiler] Since Hermione [spoiler] Already likes Krum ^_-[/spoiler]. *Huge explosion comes from his basesment* My time machine! *Goes rushing threw the black smoke.* [/color] [/size]

[color=hotpink][size=1]I speculate something romantic is going to happen between Ron and Hermione. It's pretty obvious that he has a crush on her and they make it more obvious in the movies with all the awkward moments between the two that weren't in those books.

Yeah, I was hoping they'd hire Gandalf for Dumbledore. We talked about that in my Lit class a few months ago. He looks like him and he's very talented. I hope the third movie is really good.

I wonder what's the with Order of the Phoenix? And what's going to happen with Voldemort...[/color][/size]

[COLOR=purple]When a friend told me I ran over to the paper, read the article, and spun around the room and ran into people. I was at school mind you. I love reading, and the Harry Potter books just rock my socks.:) At first I was skeptical about all the fuss about Harry. Then my sister brought the first book home and I read it in one night. The next day at school I checked out the second one and read that in one night. Same thing with the third one. The fourth one took me three days because I had homework. I can't wait until the book comes out! Ooooh! I hope that they make Sirius and Remus attractive in the third movie. I always pictured them attractive.

*puts up a Draco+Harry banner and flees*[/COLOR]

I am so happy the fifth book is finally comming out. I just started reading Harry Potter in December and finished all 4 in december. I wanted to know what will happen next. I am kinda upset though that I have to wait till June. Oh well I will buy it as a late graduation present for myself.

J.K Rowling must have a very big imagination to write such detailed and interesting books which i think is very skilled and i hope in her 5th book it is just as good if not better than the others. Hasn't she got like 7 books to write in all?? i was told that or something but im not sure whether it is true.

[color=hotpink][size=1]Yes, I'm figuring it's going to be seven, seeing as how you attend Hogwarts for 7 years. And this is only book 5. So that means 5, 6, and 7 are going to be way more mature, a whole lot more action-packed, and simply amazing. It's intrigues me that she can come up with so much stuff and her WHOLE world of wizardry and everything. And the IRONY of her stories. They ALWAYS have a twist...[/color][/size]

Yes i know what you mean that is a very cool skill she has i wish i had as much imagination as her although my mind is being clouded over by computer games which is sad in a way as i should read more books but when the 5th harry potter book comes out i will definately read it and stop playing computer games until i have finished it.

[size=1][color=orange][font=century gothic]

The day they announced the date, there were posters and flyers everywhere on the walls at my school. The rumor was that she had writer's block but in an article in People magazine she said that that wasn't it. Like QA said, she did get married and she is going to have a baby so that took up time. She said she needed to get off of the whole one book each year thing. It just took up too much time. Think about it. If you had to write a book so detailed in less than one year. How stressed you would be. I am surprised she did that for the first four books. She said that there are only going to be 7 books, and that she wouldn't go over that. I am kinda sad that number seven is going to be the last. I can't wait for Order of the Phoenix![/size][/font][/color]