OtakuBoards

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Queen Asuka

Yeah Order of the Phoenix is going to bed mad :) I can't wait till it comes out. But some bad news about the future movies, Daniel Radcliffe is considering not being in any future movies :( I read it in The Hearld Sun and I was like 'Nooo'

Also Gandalf would make a great Dumbledore :D

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[size=1][color=orange][font=century gothic]

Did it say why he was considering to not be in the future movies? Personally, I hate it that Dumbledore died and now Harrys thinking about leaving. It seems like no one wants to be a part of it anymore.:([/size][/font][/color]

[color=hotpink][size=1]The guy that does Harry is NOT going to get away with not being in Harry Potter. I can tell you one thing, that movies MADE him popular. Before, he was just some loser kid actor that no one noticed. They'll pay him a lot more money to stay in because it'd be hard to replace him. He's the main character!

Maybe that's his ploy...to say he doesn't want to do it and then get more money because they're nervous..uh HUH![/color][/size]

Man am I glad that the next book is coming out. And two days after my b-day! Anyway, I heard a lot of things as to why it took so long for her to finish the book. Like she was being sued and I also heard she's having another kid.
BTW, I hear Rowling already wrote the final chapter to the last book so that she knows which way the story is going to go. But of course no one will read that final chapter until the final book is out. Oh, the suspense is killing me!

[color=red][b] just preordered it from amazon.com. This is what they said about it:

"Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, by J.K. Rowling, the fifth in the bestselling series has been scheduled for release on Saturday, June 21, 2003...
"We are thrilled to announce the publication date. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix is absolutely superb and will delight all J.K. Rowling's fans. She has written a brilliant and utterly compelling new adventure, which begins with the words:

[i]"The hottest day of the summer so far was drawing to a close and a drowsy silence lay over the large, square houses of Privet Drive.... The only person left outside was a teenage boy who was lying flat on his back in a flowerbed outside number four."[/i]

Later in the novel, J.K.Rowling writes:

[i]"Dumbledore lowered his hands and surveyed Harry through his half-moon glasses. 'It is time,' he said 'for me to tell you what I should have told you five years ago, Harry. Please sit down. I am going to tell you everything.'[/i]

-Barbara Marcus, President of Scholastic Children's Books in the United States, and Nigel Newton, Chief Executive of Bloomsbury Publishing in Britain

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix is over 255,000 words compared to over l9l,000 words in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. The new book is 38 chapters long, one more than Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. "

I can't wait. :D :D[/b][/color]

You know, one thing I've noticed is how much the books mature with each passing novel. With the longer words comes deeper and more horific tales, and more difficult obstancles that Harry must endure. As her readers grow older, JK Rowling seems to bring up the age of her books, until the final book will most likely be considered more of an Adult book than the children's story that we first started out with.

I'm awaiting these gradual changes with anticipation, and I'm hoping that she makes her books longer and longer, if her personal life allows such.

I just pre-ordered the 5th book and cannot wait for it. They also(I mean the media) said that each book will get a little scarier each time and I also think that the guy who played gandalf will do a fantastic job as dumbledore, but the facial expressions will never be the same. I also think that hagrid marrys madame maxime!

[color=red][b]Here are my predictions for this book:

[spoiler]Harry and Hermione will hook up somehow. Ron will get jelous that Harry is spending more time with his new g/f then with him and do something he will regret. But that is just speculation.[/spoiler][/b][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Matt [/i]
[B][color=red][b][i]"Dumbledore lowered his hands and surveyed Harry through his half-moon glasses. 'It is time,' he said 'for me to tell you what I should have told you five years ago, Harry. Please sit down. I am going to tell you everything.'[/i][/b][/color] [/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1][b]Dumbledore[/b]: Harry...[i]I am your father.[/i]

[i]Anyhoo.[/i]

Spiffy. I hope we get to see a lot more of Fred and George, hmm.

*flatly refuses to get excited six months in advance*

Frankly, I thought they should have had Ian whatsisname from the start. No offense, but my sis and I seriously thought Dumbledore looked like he was going to drop dead at any moment. He looked so...frail. Not at all how I pictured him.

"Alas. Earwax!" *cough* *gag* *choke* *faint* *die*

I don't dare tell my friend. She's a long-time fan, and the minute she finds out, she'll be nothing but a living countdown for the release date. That's how she was with LOTR: TT movie. "Only sixty-eight more hours till I see Lord of the Rings!!!"

I kid you not.[/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Syk3 [/i]
[B]You know, one thing I've noticed is how much the books mature with each passing novel. With the longer words comes deeper and more horific tales, and more difficult obstancles that Harry must endure. As her readers grow older, JK Rowling seems to bring up the age of her books, until the final book will most likely be considered more of an Adult book than the children's story that we first started out with.

I'm awaiting these gradual changes with anticipation, and I'm hoping that she makes her books longer and longer, if her personal life allows such. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=hotpink][size=1]That's exactly what I believe. And I try to tell all these Anti-Harry Potter people that that's how it is, but they don't believe me.

And Sara, that was the funniest thing I've read in a while. I wanted to laugh out loud, but since I'm in the school library, that's just not going to happen. *Held it in* ^_^

And I don't think [spoiler]Harry and Hermione will get together. I think it will be RON and Hermione. Ron and Hermione have all these awkward encounters as of late and he was SOOOOOOO jealous of Viktor Krum.[/spoiler] Doesn't anyone else agree with me??? I think it's FAIRLY obvious.[/color][/size]

[color=red][b]I personally do not agree. [spoiler]Though Ron may like Hermione, I think that Hermione likes Harry. She did kiss him at the end of TGoF. And Ron and Hermione get into too many pety fights. They would be broken up one moment, together the next, etc. And besides, Harry is prone to dying. I don't think Cho Chang is going to go out with someone who is prone to dying a year after Cedric died. I predict Harry and Hermione all the way. There is just something about Ron and Hermione together that doesn't seem right with me. Also, Ron seemed jelous that Hermione got to spend alot of time with a person who Ron adored as a Quidditch player(Victor). I think that if it was just another student, Ron wouldn't have minded. But because it was his idol so-to-speak, he was angry. And I really can't find any "awkward encounters" that you speak of. Please tell.[/spoiler]

edit: longest spoiler ever. :D[/b][/color]

Technically, Hagrid still does. After all, in TGOF he and Madame Thingymajig were sent as emissaries to the giants...

About Harry Hermione Ron, etc, I'm not sure whether Hermione will date either of them...I'm going to reserve judgement...

[color=hotpink][size=1]Heh, Liam, it was Madam Maxime.

NOW, Matt, now that I think about it, I think you wouldn't understand those moments unless you were a girl. I can't really give you specifics because I can't seriously remember, but everytime I finish GoF, I just KNOW that [spoiler]Hermione and Ron are going to hook up. It's just so obvious, in my opinion. I think what Ron's deal was it not that it was Viktor, but that he had HERMIONE.[/spoiler] Heh, but can we REALLY know until it happens? ^_^[/color][/size]

[size=1]Why is everyone blocking out their opinions? ::is vaguely confused::

Oh well, an excuse to block out my entire post! *revels in the joy that is the spoiler tag*

Don't bother if you don't like pairings, heh.

[spoiler]Harry and Hermione? Excuse me whilst I laugh. Cute....but no.

I loved how Rowling threw Cho in there after the first couple books, when everyone was waaaaay overanalyzing every moment between Harry and any female. Ha! New character! Take [i]that![/i]

As for Hermione and Ron always fighting....Heh. Didn't you ever act like you couldn't stand your crush? Anyway, yeah.

I just don't like the idea of Harry having a main-character girlfriend/crush/whatever. Personally, I'd like to see someone fresh introduced into Harry/Ron/Hermione's little circle. Or maybe someone Hermione and Ron both liked, but Harry didn't.

*writes a few more lines of stuff, because she likes the spoiler tag*

I liked how Hermione knew why Ron was upset in GoF, but Harry didn't. Classic schoolyard moment, really. And it lets you start thinking about what people do when the Great Harry Potter isn't around. The still talk and gossip, heh.

Still, I don't want the series ruined by a couple 'getting together' too soon. [i]Especially[/i] not between any of the main characters. [Read: Harry and Hermione.] School romances never last that long [okay, almost never] and can you imagine how awkward it would be when they broke up? We'd have [i]another[/i] book of Harry not talking to one of his best friends.[/spoiler][/size]

[color=red] Ah....Harry Potter. Yeah, I have read them all.

I don't see why we're fighting over who's going to hook up with who, that's beside me...something that we can't even begin to effect...so...erm.

Yes. I am excited to see and read and know everything about the next book. But, 6 months? That's a very long time. I'm sure it'll even be put back some.

[spoiler] I just must use this...OK, so...yeah. I'm happy the book's coming out soon, but it's still pretty far into the distance.[/color][/spoiler]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mitch [/i]
[B][color=red]I don't see why we're fighting over who's going to hook up with who, that's beside me...something that we can't even begin to effect...so...erm.

[spoiler] I just must use this...OK, so...yeah. I'm happy the book's coming out soon, but it's still pretty far into the distance.[/color][/spoiler] [/B][/QUOTE] [SIZE=1][spoiler]Shut up! I'm not arguing!!

::cough::

Admit it, the spoiler tag is fun.[/spoiler][/SIZE]

[color=red][b][spoiler]Yeah, it is fun. ^_^ I must continue my HP fanfic where harry and hermione hook up. :)[/spoiler] [/b][/color]

[color=red][b]Well, I couldn't wait any longer for Order of the Phoenix, so I decided to write my own little story. I may post it when i finish it. :)[/b][/color]

[COLOR=purple]I think you are all silly! Harry+Draco all the way! It'd be sooo cute! *dances and giggles like a fool*

I do like Ron+Hermione, which is saying quite a lot cause I [B]never[/B] like straight couples, but they just rock my socks!

And who else loves the twins? *insert much fangirl-ness*
[/COLOR]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Renee [/i]
[B][COLOR=purple]I think you are all silly! Harry+Draco all the way! It'd be sooo cute! *dances and giggles like a fool*

I do like Ron+Hermione, which is saying quite a lot cause I [B]never[/B] like straight couples, but they just rock my socks!
[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=red][b]I think the second Rowling even hinted that one of her characters might be gay, that would be the end of her books. lol. You would triple the number of angry mothers groups.

Hey, I just finished another chapter of my fanfic. :D[/b][/color]