OtakuBoards

Final Fantasy X

stratigyless

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could help! I have strategy guide! Ok, third Seymour I think is Seymour Flux, so I'll go with that. It says use Tidus to cast Hastega and Yuna to use the Protect spell on everyone. But you have to cast them again sometimes when Seymour uses Dispel. He also uses Lance of Atpophy to make your charecter a zombie, and the next turn uses Full Life, instantly killing your charecter, so use Holy Water. Try as hard as you can to silence him, so he can't use spells. Use Lulu to cast Bio on him, as well. If you need help with the Mortiorchis, tell me, and I'll give you info about him.

Hasn't there been about 10 Seymour Flux walkthrus already posted on here? Ah well, the most important thing is to get protect up on everyone, that'll halve the damage his cross-cleave does and let you survive. Hastega...er....always helps as well. Summon all of your Aeons as well, they'll do damage and your characters won't be able to be hit so ::shrugs::. I remember it was a really hard battle, mainly because I couldn't protect against his cross-cleave and lance of atrophy every time.

uhg i cannot beleive that i am saying this but my lulu....sure she knows all the fire water lightning and blizzard spells and bio and death and demi but i dont like to use her as much so my party is rikku(mug rocks!) auron whoes only does 4000 damage and yuna to cura and cast nuls and all of her other spells because all my other charecters are just plain bad even tidus who only does like 750 so in other words snigelfager i am asking for your help and dare mock me and I shall reach through the cmompurter and ring..(moderater looks over here).. just help please and all others tips would be apreciated

well, the simplest answer would be to train, wouldn't it? I know how hard it is too. On my game, Yuna's HP is really low, so she usually dies almost right away. If you took the time to level up your charecters, however, it would be pretty helpful. I would sugest using Auron's Magic Break, as well. Also, if you leveled up Tidus, you could have him take all the damage by using that one ability (forgot what it's called, but it draws the opponents attantion to you). I will, however, try and find some other info. It may take me a while, though, so please be patient

I am at him, and I found that the strategy guide's technique is not as helpful as you might think it is. I tend to find my own strategy. Use Hastega and Protect when you can, but don't attack Seymore straight out. Attack the Morti that is attached to him. That way you can take them both out at the same time. The Morti sucks health from Seymore. It is still a hard battle to fight, but I find this is helping me out a lot better than the guide.

So far My stratigy is have all there overdrives full even the aeons and train a lot. So far I tried this twice and he used cross-cleave, lance of atrophy, and full-life all in one turn and killed all of my best charecters poor auron....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just beat him and I used at the overdrives ( Aurons tidus and rikkkus) bahamut shiva and ifrit and I beat him

quite simple actually after you figure our what his attacks and what they do and have all overdrives full unless your really good

But now I am stuck at the caves and have no clue where to go ...ahhh stuck again jeez

[color=indigo]*combines posts* Please don't double post. Just use the edit button. - Desbreko[/color]

Now I need help defeating the 4th seymour (Why ME WHY!?) and getting the ultimate weapons and the maggus sisters

If Seymour's killing you in the first turn, what you should do is put your fastest 3 people first (this is assuming yuna isn't one of the 3), then switch yuna in and have her summon an aeon, it's faster than starting w/ yuna and using it on her own turn. Don't use hastega until it shows that one of your characters will get the next move. If your characters get faster but Seymour kills you on the next turn, it won't do much good

Guest Wakka_N_Tidus
I need help on FFX... Can anyone tell me exactly how I beat Seymour (the first time) on FFX? you know... right after the wedding is denounced... Thanks. :angel:

[color=darkblue]
Took me about 30 times to beat him thanks to it being my first RPG and I just plain suck anyway. It's been so long that I can't remember much, but keep Lulu and Auron in the lineup. To beat him, what I did, was use one aeon's overdrive on Anima and loaded it up to the overdrive again, calling it back. Then on Yuna's next turn, bring out a new aeon and sacrifice it and maybe another aeon to kill anima. If you're lucky, you can have Auron or someone deliver the finishing blow and you'll be able to switch Yuna out.

Now, on someone else's turn, if they're alive, bring Yuna out and use the first aeon's overdrive, easily killing Seymour. You just have to keep everyone alive from his multi-magic attacks to do this.
[/color]

Guest Camilla
All you really have to do is make sure you have Lulu or Yuna use nul-[element], and use Auron or Wakka to keep attacking (I've found Wakka is actually 3x stronger than Auron). If you keep dying, just try again, or go train alittle more. It'll be easy once you figure out what strategy Seymour uses.

Sorry I didn't help much, but I think it's better if people work out how to do things themselves :P

~Good luck! :D

Steal the potions from the Guado Gaurds first, that way they can't re-heal anyone, then take them out. Seymore will soon send out Anima, but make sure that Rikku has her overdrive ready. Fight Anima with Shiva, the new Aeon, and only use her magic to reheal herself. Once her overdrive is ready, use it and start charging for the next one. If you lose Shiva and Anima is still out, do the same thing with Ifrit and Ixion. You could fight Anima with your guys,but if his overdrive is full, sacrifice Valefore, as he does no good anyway. Once Anima is down, Seymore uses multi-magic and its all second level magic. Keep the three females out for this one. Yuna is needed for her recovery magic, Lulu for her magic (if it is second level or in overdrive mode, if not use Auron to dish out major damage.) and Rikku for her overdrive. Use a mix that does multiple damage. If Seymore is still alive after Rikku's attack, then switch her with Tidus. That should help you beat him, but if you dye, just keeping trying it. It worked for me, and I only had to fight him once.

[size=1][color=crimson]Blargh! I really am getting annoyed at Sinspawn Gui; the Sinspawn that you fight at Mushroom Valley-Ridge.

My current strategy is to get rid of the head first (Wakka's attack or summoning Valefor or Ifrit, etc.) before I move on to destroy the arms. These arms are really annoying since they regenerate lots. V_V

But what annoys me the most is that the Sinspawn gets about 3 attacks in one turn! The head would "move suspiciously" then it would attack, then use Thunder, then Venom, all in the space of one turn; without any of my characters attacking! Lulu manages to die straight away, closely followed by whoever else I have out (Wakka/Auron or Tidus/Auron).

Please, someone help me get past this highly annoying Sinspawn![/size][/color]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkblue] Right, yes I had trouble with this too. This battle is a VERY long and repetitive battle but bear with it if you want to see a very impressive cut scene.
Now, I know it takes a long time, but you HAVE to attack the arms first OK? As the arms guard the body, and that's your main source of damage. Now always constantly heal Auron, perhaps Yuna should have all her Summons on Overdrive at first. (Basically, use Yuna alot on the monsters, and purposely have the summons be attacked)^_^, with me so far?
Now, when the creature moves its head funnily, summon immediately, and use guard or something. You have the option if you press the 'right' directional button. You are now displayed with another command menu that displays 'boost' and things like that. Anyway, use the guard option (It should sound similar to that) and the attack should not do terrible damage to your summon. You wont raise your Overdrive bar on this by the way, but it prevents you dying. Now repeat, and attack the head with either magic from Lulu or Wakka with his 'ole projectile attacks. Repeat this process, and remember to save Russ. ^_^ I hope i couldve been of help. [/COLOR][/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Zidane [/i]
[B][SIZE=1][COLOR=darkblue] Right, yes I had trouble with this too. This battle is a VERY long and repetitive battle but bear with it if you want to see a very impressive cut scene.
Now, I know it takes a long time, but you HAVE to attack the arms first OK? As the arms guard the body, and that's your main source of damage. Now always constantly heal Auron, perhaps Yuna should have all her Summons on Overdrive at first. (Basically, use Yuna alot on the monsters, and purposely have the summons be attacked)^_^, with me so far?
Now, when the creature moves its head funnily, summon immediately, and use guard or something. You have the option if you press the 'right' directional button. You are now displayed with another command menu that displays 'boost' and things like that. Anyway, use the guard option (It should sound similar to that) and the attack should not do terrible damage to your summon. You wont raise your Overdrive bar on this by the way, but it prevents you dying. Now repeat, and attack the head with either magic from Lulu or Wakka with his 'ole projectile attacks. Repeat this process, and remember to save Russ. ^_^ I hope i couldve been of help. [/COLOR][/SIZE] [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1][color=crimson]Thank you, Zidargh, I will try that right now. If I don't succeed, I'll wait for a while then try again and again ^_^

Oh, and by the way, how the [i]Hell[/i] do you do Lulu's overdrive (Fury)?! O_O[/size][/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Break [/i]
[B][size=1][color=crimson]Thank you, Zidargh, I will try that right now. If I don't succeed, I'll wait for a while then try again and again ^_^

Oh, and by the way, how the [i]Hell[/i] do you do Lulu's overdrive (Fury)?! O_O[/size][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=deeppink]Choose a magic attack, and swivel the stick on the controller around as fast as you can.

It's a terrible attack, though. >.>[/COLOR]

[color=teal]I can only pull off 7 or 8 spins--frankly, I don't think it's worth it. The individual spells seems weaker when used in the Overdrive...I dunno why.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you match up all the images in Wakka's overdrive slots, does that mean he attacks the entire enemy group?[/color]

[size=1][color=crimson]Ah! I beat the Sinspawn! *dances*

I tried rotating the stick for Fury, but which way; I will never know. And guys, try and keep it on topic, so if anyone has any help for FFX, they can just posty it in here. *nods*[/size][/color]

[color=royal blue]Bah, screw Lulu's Overdrive. I was the MASTER at spinning the sticks on the 64 for Mario Party, and figured it would carry over to FFX. Whether I was wrong or not...well, it irritates me that I could never do more than 7 or 8 spins.

Ah, there's more than one kind of Wakka Overdrive? Yeah. Tell me there's another way to get them than playing that god-awful Blitzball.[/color]