OtakuBoards

Final Fantasy X

stratigyless

[quote name='Shadow Wolf']I can't get back into Kilika Temple so I can complete it so I can get Anima. Any suggestions? PLEASE?[/quote]

Wha? When you get to your airship and land on kilika island. Go to the most northwest and you can get back to the forest. Search the place for items and go to your east and go north. You should be at the stairs and soon ascending to the place where you fought a sinspawn. Go up more and you will find the temple. Plus, go to Ifrit's resting room to get spheres :D.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK...I'm at Mt. Gagazet in Final Fantasy X, but I [B]CANNOT[/B] defeat Symour Flux!!! :flaming: I've tried about 25 times!!! I've even memorized the lines to the movie that shows before! Anyway, can anyone help me through my struggle? O.O Please?
[RIGHT]-Shirubi[/RIGHT]

[color=indigo]I merged this with the original FFX thread, which has older posts that should also provide answers. - Desbreko[/color]

There is a really simple trick to winning this fight. First have Tidus cast Haste/Hastega on the party. Then have Yuna cast protect. And Shell if you want to. Then cast reflect on Seymour. Now have the party attack the Mortiochris. Keep attacking it with a strong attacker( Auron, Wakka, Tidus, Maybe Kimhari ,depends). It only has 4000 Hp but everytime you kill it, it takes away drains some life from Seymour. Thats where reflect comes in. The move Mortiochris continues to drain Seymour life and when it starts to get low it will use Cura. Then reflect will reflect the cura spell to someone on your party.

LOL!!!!!!

Mortiochris will also [b]DECREASE[/b] in HP each time it dies. IN time it'll cast protect on it self, and it only takes away 1000 HP that time.

Train your characters so that everyone has 3000 HP or higher. So it could with stand at least 4 Total Annihilation missles. Now, Yuna, Tidus, and Auron has to be in. Tidus must have Sonic Steel with a strength boost up of at least 5%, and Auron can be Hunter's sword with 10% and 5% strength (sensor helps A LOT!!!!)

Tidus cast Hastaga, Yuna cast Protect on everyone, then Auron cast Armor/Mental break. If he can, get Auron on overdrive and unleash Breaking Armor (Or something along the lines. It's the 3rd overdrive)

Aftre Tidus finishes the haste job, he attacks, quick hit is realy good. After Tidus has ended his quick hit frenzy, Auron can use ether on Tidus. Since Tidus might be running out of MP. Either that or Auron can use one of the other break you didn't cast on Seymour.

Whenever Seymour use Lance of Antrophy on someone, use Holy water on that person QUICK! Or else Seymour will use his holy hands on the zombie character, knocking him/her out.

Yuna can use reflect on seymour and Iif Yuna can, cast Regan on everyone. If not, she can be switched out with Rikku. Who can use mix to use a bunch of gernades, or someone with a high attack. Tidus and auron can attack.

When seymour cast dispell on someone, including himself, cast it again IMMEDIATLY!!! When Seymour cast dispell on himself, it'll probleby going to take down that regen and protect that he has. So don't worry if he has that on. After that dispell is a cura spell, so recast reflect.

When Seymour is using/preparing Total Annihilation, get Yuna to cast Protect on everyone and also Shell if you have it. My party survived 3 total annihilations. But that was a LOOOOOONG draaaawn ooooout battle. Your party shoudl only recieve 1-2 total annihilation before he dies.

Alastor's method is very long to do. Since after 3 turns, you only took out 9000 HP. And Seymour only has like 30,000 or more. It'll take some time, but you can take out Mortiochris 3 times, and 3 times ONLY!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nevermore
I know what to do :smirk: "about the sinspawn" All you have to do is start out with kimari, tidus/wakka, and auron. Make sure both kimari & Auran have piercing weapons. use kimari to take out the head as soon as it starts to move. Make Auran use armor break "if you have it" on the arms, OR just attack them as much as possable. Also have Kimari attacking the arms. Tidus should be using "potion" to heal them the whole time. As soon as the arm go, BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF IT!!! If you are patiant, it will die. :laugh: mwahahahahahahahahahahah!!!!
Peace.

• 3 weeks later...
[font=Verdana][size=2]Hey, I'm on the airship doing a bunch of sidequests and whatnot...but does anyone know where I can get some Level 4 key spheres? I'm in dire need of them. (I already tried bribing a Chimera Brain and now I barely have any money left...I also tried the Omega Ruins, but all it gives me from battles are all the oth er level key spheres...) THANK YOU![/size][/font]
[font=Verdana][size=2]-Buraso_Saru484[/size][/font]

Well, I would have suggested the Omega RUins, but if that's not working for you, than I don't know what else you can do. However, if you check out the [url="http://www.gamefaqs.com"]www.gamefaqs.com[/url] website, you'll probably find something (I use that site everytime I have a problem in a game).

Guest Starlit_Rinoa
Yeah, Bribing the Chimera brain is like the only way to get lvl4's.
The best thing to do is to go down to the Omega dungeon and get into a bunch of battles there. There's alot of great equipment that gives like X3 exp and can be sold for uber cash, not to mention the already large amount of cash you get from the battles themselves. Then, just keep bribing those chimera brains!

• 9 months later...
Guest Dino-kun
do you have to have to have played any of the other final fantasy games to play Final Fantasy X? cuz i dont really want to play all other 9... and i for some reason want to play X... :animestun

[color=#4B0082]Merged this with the original FFX thread. - [i]Desbreko[/i][/color]

Every game has a completely different scenario and characters that don't stack up from game to game. So you can go ahead and play X without worrying about missing out on something.

The only game that has a direct sequel is the game that comes after the one you have inquired about (x-2) and the Kingdom hearts game whose sequel is on the game boy advance, if you count that as pure Final Fantasy.

• 2 months later...
[COLOR=Blue]I'm having a hard time with FFX. To be frank, FF games are great, but I never beat any. It's always I'm missing an item, or I don't have enough money, or exsperience, or I need to fight a certain boss or somthing. But I'm determined to beat FFX. But I have a couple questions:

What's the signifagance of Blitz ball? Is is relevent to the game at all? Do get certain power ups, or somthing? I have no idea. Besides, I hate blitz ball.

The hidden aeons, I was told that a few are a waste of time. Is getting Yojimbo, and the Magus sisters worth it?

AHHHH! I hate these quests to get the speical weapons! Hate them! Can I beat the game with second most powerful weapons? What is the easiest speical weapon(s) to get?

That' s all. Can any one help me out?
Thanks.
"KAMEHAMEHA!"

Dragonboym2[/COLOR]

[color=#4B0082]*merges with the original FFX thread*

First off, Blitzball is completely optional, except for the one time where the story forces you to play. If you do play, you can get some items and whatnot from it, the best of which being more Overdrives for Wakka and the Jupiter Sigil. It takes a lot of wins to get them, though. Personally, I just skipped them, seeing as how I too find Blitzball to be extremely boring.

As for the hidden aeons, if you can get Anima, that should be more than enough. Yojimbo's attacks are a waste of money, and the Magus Sisters annoy me, seeing as you can't really control them, even if they are powerful. Myself, I went through the game without ever really relying too much on aeons, so if you level up a decent amount, you shouldn't have any trouble beating the game. I found [spoiler]Lady Yunalesca[/spoiler] to be a lot harder fight than the end boss, so if you can get past that, I don't think you'll have much of a problem.

Getting the celestial weapons fully powered up certainly does help a lot, but they're not necessary. I found Auron's Masamune to be the most helpful, though, and I don't remember it being all that hard to get both the crest and sigil for. ... But then, I don't remember how to get most of them, heh. Though at any rate, getting a weapon with the Break Damage Limit ability on it for your main damage dealer will help a lot. If you level Auron up, he can easily break 9999 with his overdrives. Or if Lulu knows Doublecast and Ultima, combining those two with the Break Damage Limit ability can yield lots of damage.

Oh, and since it sounds like you're close to the end of the game, have you found the Omega Ruins? If you can get through those okay, the end boss shouldn't pose too much of a threat.[/color]

• 7 months later...
Guest snoopmonj
your tips have been a great help..... im on the sidequests now... the chocobo trainer race is a pain.... i only got to 6.3sec........ any cheats on how to complete the whole the sphere grid? :animesmil

[quote name='snoopmonj']your tips have been a great help..... im on the sidequests now... the chocobo trainer race is a pain.... i only got to 6.3sec........ any cheats on how to complete the whole the sphere grid? :animesmil[/quote]
If you've unlocked One-Eye in the Monster Arena by catching winged eyeballs, you can fight it and usually get a weapon with the triple AP ability. That should help you complete the sphere grid.

• 3 months later...
Heh, I feel more than a little noobish jumping in this thread all of a sudden... I always do. -_- anyway, the butterfly catcher minigame is driving me insane. I wouldn't even do it- I never use Kimhari anymore anyway, never have since the battle at Gagazet where you have to use him- but you need his Sigil to get Ixion the Break Damage Limit ability, and Ixion's my favorite aeon... so, that was a long way around to ask a question. You guys have any strategies on how to catch those stupid butterflies? The red ones are always in the way... *sigh*

You just have to memorize the path where the butterflies are. The fact is that they never switch place even though they seem to be moving. There's a certain area around each red butterfly that if touched will trigger a battle. Just avoid that area by walking the opposite edge of the path and you'll be fine.

Oh, and in the last path where you get the sigil as a reward you actually have to backtrack from your starting point to get one of the blue butterflies, and then return and go through the rest of the path.

I really didn't find the butterfly game to be nearly as difficult or frustrating as say the chocobo racing or the thousand-fold accursed Blitzball! Even the lightning dodging is easy when you mute the voices, find a proper spot with three bolts striking in a row, and take short breaks to rest your eyes.

[color=#4B0082]There's two main problems with the butterfly catching game that make it hard: 1) The imprecise movement control, made worse by the less-than-great PS2 analog sticks (God help you if you're trying to use the control cross), and 2) the horrible camera angles they give you. A top-down view would be great, but no, the game loves its side views where you have little to no depth perception.

At least for the Chocobo racing you can clearly see what's ahead of you, even if the control is worse. I still have no idea how they managed to botch the control for it as bad as they did while making the regular Chocobo riding fine. . . . But I digress.

Basically then, yeah, you just have to memorize where to run along the path. Which involves a good bit of straight up muscle memory, since the horrible camera angles in some parts don't tell you crap about where the butterflies actually are on the path.

Can you tell I have a deep loathing of FFX's mini-games? :twitch:[/color]

[quote name='Desbreko][color=#4B0082']Can you tell I have a deep loathing of FFX's mini-games? :twitch:[/color][/quote]

More or less. It would seem to me you didn't have a lot of fun with the lightning dodging then, eh?

I'm pretty proud of myself right now... I'm not much of a monster arena buff but yesterday I managed to beat the Jumbo Flan, which really wasn't that difficult if you cast Shell and use Holy a trillion times, but still, I'm proud of myself. Don't interfere on my happiness. XD

[color=#4B0082]Actually, I liked the lightning dodging more than any of the other mini-games. (Or at least I didn't hate it like the rest.) I've got good reflexes for that sort of thing, so I got 200 in a row on my second try. ^_^

I never fought much in the monster arena, though. It seemed like you needed to level up for a long time to even stand any sort of chance against a lot of the bosses in there. I leveled up to the point where I could stroll through the Omega Ruins without any trouble, but I didn't feel like doing more than that.[/color]

[QUOTE=Desbreko][color=#4B0082]Actually, I liked the lightning dodging more than any of the other mini-games. (Or at least I didn't hate it like the rest.) I've got good reflexes for that sort of thing, so I got 200 in a row on my second try. ^_^

I never fought much in the monster arena, though. It seemed like you needed to level up for a long time to even stand any sort of chance against a lot of the bosses in there. I leveled up to the point where I could stroll through the Omega Ruins without any trouble, but I didn't feel like doing more than that.[/color][/QUOTE]

You're cheating yourself out of the most fun in the game. How many hours do you have on your file? I have 98.

[color=#4B0082]If I remember correctly . . . somewhere around 100 hours I think. I got the airship at about 30 hours (I was kind of disappointed, as I expected the main story to last for at least another 10), then scoured the world for the crests/sigils. Somewhere along the way I got Anima and worked my way through the Omega Ruins, then I went through Sin and beat the game. After that I didn't really feel like playing anymore.[/color]