OtakuBoards

Final Fantasy X

stratigyless

Heh, the first time i played through the game i was buffed out rediculously. I always like doing everything there is in an RPG, all the sidequests etc etc but i had no idea it was going to make the rest of the game easy as hell for me. With 6 of my characters breaking damage limit, and not only that but hitting the max limit over the normal dmg limit and 2 of my characters breaking HP limit along with a ton of other useful skills and a whole lotta quick hits...believe i killed the final boss in 2 hits. I was kind of dissapointed that i ruined the game from the point i continued on [spoiler]into sin[/spoiler]...so i can't really say if any of it would have been challening or not had i not leveled up my chars so much. It did make the battle arena quite easy though....cept for shinryu.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='PaganAngel']I'm pretty proud of myself right now... I'm not much of a monster arena buff but yesterday I managed to beat the Jumbo Flan, which really wasn't that difficult if you cast Shell and use Holy a trillion times, but still, I'm proud of myself. Don't interfere on my happiness. XD[/quote]
An easy way to beat Jumbo Flan (if Anima is powerful enough) is to reflect Slow off of one of your party members onto JF. Then summon Anima and have it cast Haste on itself. Then just keep using Pain until you win. It's the only aeon special attack that JF isn't immune to, so you can do 99,999 damage. If JF uses Regen, just Dispel it (although it only sets you back a few turns). This is the easiest way that I've found, but it still takes about 13 hits to kill it. It's annoying if you're trying to get Magic Spheres.

Sadly, my PS2 broke before I could max out my characters' stats. I had all of the celestial weapons fully powered and everyone but Kimahri with max strength, defense, magic defense, speed, accuracy, evasion, and all of their abilities.

[quote]An easy way to beat Jumbo Flan (if Anima is powerful enough) is to reflect Slow off of one of your party members onto JF. Then summon Anima and have it cast Haste on itself. Then just keep using Pain until you win. It's the only aeon special attack that JF isn't immune to, so you can do 99,999 damage. If JF uses Regen, just Dispel it (although it only sets you back a few turns). This is the easiest way that I've found, but it still takes about 13 hits to kill it. It's annoying if you're trying to get Magic Spheres.[/quote]

Eh, I don't really like using aeons that much. They seem kinda cheap. What I did was have Yuna, Rikku, and Lulu in my party. I Hastened and cast Shell on all of them and cast Reflect on one of them with Rikku and Yuna. I also had to make Rikku use a stamina tablet on Lulu so her max HP would be doubled cause Lulu's is only around 3200, sadly, because if I didn't there'd be no chance of her surviving Ultima. I also auto-lifed my characters, just in case. Then I had Yuna cast Holy on the reflected character (each one dealing around 30,000 HP), Lulu Doublecasting Flare (about 20,000 per round), and Rikku either using Supreme Gems and, once I got low on those, using Copycat. I used dispel once it cast Regen, and the rest was basically cake. All I have to say is thank God for One MP Cost.

After the monster arena, the end of the game was cake. It was so funny. I first played the game when I was like 11 and I could not, for the life of me, beat Overdrive Sin. A few years later, I made a new file and still struggled with Sin- my characters were still weaklings and I had to Mix together a Trio of 9999 because back then my characters actually IMPROVED by inflicting 9999 damage. Then I got into Sin and THEN I took the time to level up and do all the sidequests. I beat Seymour Omnis in maybe 4 hits, and then the final boss just made me laugh.