OtakuBoards

Final Fantasy X

stratigyless

[COLOR=deeppink]Okay, you probably don't need this, but I'm bored, so I'm writing it out. I don't know all of them, someone else can fill in the rest...

[spoiler]Wakka- I don't know if it's the crest or the sigil, but you win one of them by winning it in a Blitzball Tournament.

Rikku- Finish the Cactuar side-quest in the desert. I'm not going to write out a whole walkthrough for that, as I don't remember much about it.[/spoiler]

You know what? That's all I can remember. >.<[/color]

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=royal blue]Shield is a natural ability. When in battle, I think you can push right on your controller to bring up a second menu, from which you can choose Boost or Shield.
Also, if you teach your Aeons moves that correspond with their Element (ie--Thundaga for Ixion), then they attack themselves with that move and heal themselves! Very nice.[/color]

[COLOR=003399]That only works with Shiva, Ifrit, and Ixion Ginny... I used the Shiva one to beat [spoiler]Anima[/spoiler] the first time you fight [spoiler]her[/spoiler]...

Still an awesomly sweet trick if you like to use summons and you don't have any of the uber powerful ones yet.[/COLOR]

[spoiler]Did you just say Anima was a her?[/spoiler]

Anywas, my current problem is Evrae.
I do my strategy from far-away using Wakka, and Lulu, then my variable character (Tidus/Rikku).
I can have Lulu do magic, Wakka attack, Tidus haste, and Rikku heal (I love those Al Bhed Potions) and I can pretty much handle it. (To beat him, this would take me about 36 turns to use this strategy solidly)
BUT, when he starts using Swooping Scythe, the problem starts. Pull back. Simple? Well he does it again! Will he/she keep doing this? Will Evrae keep Swoopin' until we're in close range Or is it a coincedence/annoyance that he used it twice?

I'm pretty sure that's just a coincedence (I don't know how to spell it >.<) but i wanted to check.

So my current Anti-Evrae strategy is:
1) Use Power Break w/ Auron.
2) Use Pull Back with Tidus/Rikku.
3) Since its not quite Cid's turn, I just use Black magic w/ Lulu.
4) Move away by means of Cid.
5) Use Haste/Cheer with Tidus, Lulu use Thundara, Wakka attack.
6) Evrae attacks w/ Photon Spray.
7) Repeat #5
8) Evrae attacks again
9) Swap Tidus for Rikku, and use Al Bhed Potion, then swap back.
10) Evrae attacks
11) Repeat 5-11
12) When Evrae uses Swooping Scythe, Move Back.
13) Repeat 12 until safely away.
14) **Use Slowga when Evrae uses Haste. Wakka use Aim to increase Slowga chances**
15) Repeat 5-12 until is toast.

**This for me is semi-optional. But using Wakka's Aim DOEs increase the chances of Slowga being effective right?**

[spoiler]Seymour's mother is the Fayth that gives Anima. You'll later see flash-blacks when you're in Zanarkand Ruins about Seymour and him Mom... I'm pretty sure either Ginny or me posted on how to get Anima earlier on if you want to see even more flashbacks... and get an uber-powered summon...[/spoiler]

[COLOR=003399]It's hard to see how people sometimes have problems with these bosses... i actually found FFX too easy...

You see, when i'm in battle, i give everybody atleast one turn. Since AP isn't divided, a person may get 1000AP from an enemy if they kill it in one hit, but if you give everyone a turn, they'll get 1000AP each. I used that to level really early... it makes the rest of the game none to dificult. And overkilling enemy's gives more AP too, so thats a bounus

When i was aginst Evrae i had Hastega. I gave everyone a turn, used Hastega pulled Evrae in close and absolutely murdered him with Tidus, Wakka, and Auron. I'm pretty sure it's not immune to Slow, or Dely Buster. If it isn't be sure to always have Tidus handy casting slow/slowga and using Dely Buster. Evrae casts haste like you said HyperShadow, so you counter with slowga. You don't need to use Aim there, if it isn't immune to slow, it'll work anyway.

Hope you got atleast a bit of help from that. :whoops: [/COLOR]

[COLOR=003399]Well, since slowga hits all targets, maybe slow would have a better chance of doing the job? They're both the same, just slowga hits all.. [/COLOR]

Slow and Slowga have the same slow-ness? It always seemed to me that Slowga really slowed them down (It does) more than Slow. Oh well. Lighter on my MP too.

Slow never quite worked. It almost always missed. (Why did I even use it?)
Slowga has only missed once, if it even has missed. And it gives the much-need whomping time.

Evrae is hard. ::bawls:
I get pretty close to beating him though! He'll start using Haste after he goes past 10,665. And then I'm able to last a shortwhile. He uses haste, and then swoops. Sicne he's too fast i don't always have enough time to pull away, before he uses Poison Breath.
I can last a bit longer with those ever-handy Al Bhed potions with Rikku, but the rest of the characters lose HP fast. But the problem I'm not as sphered-up as i should be.

I don't know delay buster (>.<). With Tidus I'm right where you learn Slowga.
Wakka normally should do around 750 with a single attack against Evrae. My Wakka does about 300 (I never thought of him that useful) even with the assitance of several Tidus Cheers.
Lulu originally does about 670 to evrae, but with several Focuses I make it around 890.
*Is hopeless*
And don't even think about Kimahri..*cringes*

Its just so annoying when he uses Haste, then Swooping scythe. Or vice versa. *Strangles Evrae*
If only I can get Lulu to stay aroudn longer, and boost her Magic early on. Maybe have a chance. I'll try to get her Magic attack to be at about 1000, so she might be able to last.

My biggest mistake is having Rikku and Tidus in teh same party at the same time. Tis very bad for Poison Breath escapes...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Tasis [/i]
[B][COLOR=003399]You see, when i'm in battle, i give everybody atleast one turn. Since AP isn't divided, a person may get 1000AP from an enemy if they kill it in one hit, but if you give everyone a turn, they'll get 1000AP each. I used that to level really early... it makes the rest of the game none to dificult. And overkilling enemy's gives more AP too, so thats a bonus.[/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=003399]If you eventually get past Evrae, use that. it sounds like you need it muchly. o_O;; [/COLOR]

Okay, so I beat Evrae by using the third-level spells that I was able to level Lulu up to, and I've since then trained all my characters. Khimari isn't that advanced though.r.

Now I'm stuck on Seymour Natus and the Mortibody.
I know that I use reflect on Seymour, so when Mortibody drians HP and uses Cure, He'll heal my party instead.
And when he doesn't cure, I attack Seymour with Auron and Tidus.
I just have trouble keeping alive. There is that Break move he has which petrefies my party members, and then eleminates them with mortibosy by using Shattering Claw.
I'm gonna sphere up to learn Hastaga, but are there any tips to staying alive longer and in control?

(By control i mean beign able to attack with my party without having to use healing items on all of their turns)

Have Tidus cast Haste and Cheer. (He does know it right?)
Have Wakka attack the Negator.
Have Lulu use focus, until Negator is destroyed, the start pummeling Crawler with spells. (Thunder/ara/aga works best)
Avoid the Mana Beam by doign as much damage possible with your party while Negator is absent.
Doing enough damage should cause Crawler to re-launch the negator, canceling the Mana Beam. If however, you can't stop it in time, summon an aeon and use shield.

Repeat until cralwer is no more. :)

I have a question that none of my friends have really been able to answer, is the effects of skills like cheer or focus cumulative? Like...if I use cheer 10 times, will it have the same effect as just doing it once? I think I tried it before but I can't remember if it made any difference, was too long ago.

[color=003399]I don't think so... I tried a few things, and the damage didn't change much, since it is pretty random when it's up around 50 000 >_< [/color]

Ha! I just relized using Reflect on my characters would be so helpful.
I poisoned Seymour Natus with Bio, then had Yuna use reflect on Tidus and her. (Kimahri didn't make it :( )
And so I just kept attacking Mortibody and it used Mortisorbtion and drained seymour's HP. I used reflect sending back Seymour's attack, and posioning him for about 3000 damage.
And then when Morti started using Cure, I used reflect on Seymour. Then i just kept punding away with Tidus and healing with Yuna. (I was using Pray inn fear of mis-reflecting)

Now I'm in the calm lands training Khimari and Wakka.
But how do i ride the Chocobos? *Wants to ride the chocobos*

[COLOR=003399]To get to ride a choco, all you have to do is get your party to the north-western corner of the calm lands, there's a trainer there that'll make you do some various tasks to get a choco. Then, after that, anytime you want to ride a chocobo, just talk to her, she gives you one. [/COLOR]

[color=royal blue]*shakes finger at Hyper* Naughty naughty potty mouth. ^^

Though at the time, I was caught saying something pretty similar. (It was about that time I was learning how to swear in Al Bhed. :bluesweat)

From the Brady Player's Guide:
"...Start with a party of Yuna, Tidus, and Auron, and cast Haste...pummel Defender X with Armor Break and Mental Break. Keep...cast[ing] Haste on new party members, and bring Lulu in once Auron's job is done.
While Demi and Bio are ineffective, spells like Waterga work wonders...."

Then the common sense stuff: all Aeons and Yuna in Overdrive and use them (only if in Overdrive, the Guide stresses). Lots of Protect, Cura, and Haste for the party; lots of Armor Break and Darkness for X.[/color]

[COLOR=003399]e cbayg Al Bhed... ed'c hud y myhkiyka, cu ed'c hud du rynt du maynh.

i think Ginny's help should be sufficient.

I thought Defender X was right after the calm lands... Yes... he was... you missed the chocobo thing then. [/COLOR]

Ym Prat ech'd y myhkiyka? Cehla frah?
Yht rana E druikrd E fyc kuut yd drec...

I missed the chocobo thing?
I can't find the trainer! I see a chocobo, but I can't find the trainer person.
Anyone know where?

As for Defender X, I guess I'll just have to sphere up.
But Ginny, when they say "Waterga works like wonders" exactly how much damage is it supposed to do in order work like wonder(s)?

[COLOR=003399]ed'c y lebran, cusadrehk mega dra aqlryhka uv maddanc. Oui'na cdemm kuut ;)

Go back to the calm lands, there, like i said, head to the north-western part. A trainer will be there, talk to her and she'll tell you what to do. Don't mistake her for the one that wanders around.[/COLOR]

Pyr, E tuh'd caa silr uv y tevvanahla. Ed cdemm caasc mega y myhkiyka du sa. Ur famm.

What's the fastest way to earn Gil? In/Near the Calm Lands?
Stupid Yojimbo! I need cash..

I love riding chocobos. Their fun to ride. And quick too!
Also I beat Defender X! He was incredibly easy though this time. My secret weapn: Yuna. (Healing powers) I forgot to set her overdrive mode to healer, but I was able to use her Od for a Bahumut spectacular.

Now I'm searching for Gil..
yojimbo has a high asking price...
But I'll manage...somehow...

[url=http://www.pixelscapes.com/twoflower/albhed.html]:haha:[/url]

[color=royal blue]Y myhkiyka, rir? Dno bnuhuihlehk ed cusadesa.

Good job on Defender X!
And Yojimbo? :therock: I'll be honest when I say I don't care for him much. There's only one thing he's connected to that's any good and that's Auron (and [i]how[/i] is a spoiler secret).

[/color]